New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

I just got a Mevo and after one range session, it seem to be having a hard time with shorter clubs. Numbers on longer irons and driver look about right, but it wasn't reading my full wedge swings properly. Was hitting a wedge 100ish (measured with my range finder) on a slightly downhill shot but the device was indicating only 70-80 and didn't pick up a lot of the shots. Anyone had advice?

**FLIGHTSCOPE WORKSHOP - PGA FASHION & DEMO SHOW LAS VEGAS**

The 2018 FlightScope Workshop program will ensure all attendees know how to make the most of FlightScope technology.

This year will include renowned presenters (Alex Trujillo and Stephen Aumock), revamped materials and topics, and exclusive details on the new FlightScope technology including short game features and new data parameters. The academy will consist of live demonstrations and interactive discussions to educate everyone on how to best utilize FlightScope in golf instruction and club fitting.

Come spend half the day with us and learn how to use technology to grow your business and make your students better!

Register: https://www.pgalasve...om/en/Register/

https://www.facebook...04782149612347/

Comment below if you're interested in learning more!

Come spend half the day with us and learn how to use technology to grow your business and make your students better!

Wow! Really? Am I reading this correctly? The company offers a product for sale and then suggests you need to take a trip to Las Vegas to learn how to use it. If a substantial number of users are experiencing problems or have similar questions, shouldn't the company make user information a great deal more readily available than having to take a trip out west?

Wow! Really? Am I reading this correctly? The company offers a product for sale and then suggests you need to take a trip to Las Vegas to learn how to use it. If a substantial number of users are experiencing problems or have similar questions, shouldn't the company make user information a great deal more readily available than having to take a trip out west?

No. There is a Pga event in Vegas targeted to the industry professionals. So many professionals can get a first hand look to the products (not only the Mevo) that Flightscope offers. Please open the link to the Facebook so you can see the info. Actually, they charging $200 for their seminar help weed the general public and concentrate on those who are actually interested in forking several $000s onto one of their upper products. I am sure if you buy one of those, the $200 will be refunded. And that is a common practice in that industry and many others.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Disappointing because I was really looking to dial in some of my shots <100 yards.

could be any number of things relating to how you have it setup. mine works perfectly for these yardages and i use it to dial in my wedges in a variation of the cone drill.

I would recommended sending a data dump of your Mevo logs to Flightscope support using the built in feedback to support button the next time you are in the app along with an explanation of your issue. they can help you diagnose the problem.

Disappointing because I was really looking to dial in some of my shots <100 yards.

could be any number of things relating to how you have it setup. mine works perfectly for these yardages and i use it to dial in my wedges in a variation of the cone drill.

I would recommended sending a data dump of your Mevo logs to Flightscope support using the built in feedback to support button the next time you are in the app along with an explanation of your issue. they can help you diagnose the problem.

This is helpful feedback! Do you have any tricks on your setup? Distance from ball, etc? I was using it on grass that day with 4 and 5 feet selected. Was going to try again today but it's raining so hard I can't see out my office window!

***MEVO FLASH DISCOUNT CODE***

Use promo code WRX at checkout on flightscopemevo.com THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

Promo code will expire 7/23/18.

Thanks for the info. For anyone wondering, the discount takes off 5% so it covers shipping +/-. Still not quite ready to pull the trigger on this purchase yet but it does seem like the MEVO is getting better as time goes one.

I wonder if a metallic finger nail polish would do the trick on the ball, or testors paint? I think a small line about a 1/2" long and 1/8" thick would work as well or better than the stickers and would be cheap/easy. Also, this would only really be a winter, hitting into a net type purchase for me. So much easier to actually watch ball flight outdoors for real feedback. Spin is the premium quantification that I would want more than anything.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

This is helpful feedback! Do you have any tricks on your setup? Distance from ball, etc? I was using it on grass that day with 4 and 5 feet selected. Was going to try again today but it's raining so hard I can't see out my office window!

On grass it is important to make sure you adjust the Mevo's positioning every now and again to compensate for having to accommodate the divot of your previous swing(s). i measured the length of my alignment rod and set the mevo-to ball distance to that so i know how far it is each time. this makes it easy to move the Mevo while practicing and to keep the same distance.

Interested in the

mevo but don't want the upfront cost?

Introducing Affirm, a personal financing option allowing you to make your purchase right away and split the cost into easy monthly payments.

Pay over 3, 6, or 12 months!

Visit our website to get started!

Are you offering this for other products as well? I’d love to upgrade to something like an X2 or Xi Tour.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Monday morning vibes:

• #1 FedEx Cup points leader
  • 2 wins this year
  • #12 official world golf ranking ????

“FlightScope is an integral part of my success on the PGA Tour" - Bryson DeChambeau

Next up, Ryder Cup? What do you guys think?

#FlightScopeFamily #FlightScopeOnTour #LiveUnderPar

**REMINDER: Use promo code WRX at checkout for 10% off your mevo order today!**

Interested in the

mevo but don't want the upfront cost?

Introducing Affirm, a personal financing option allowing you to make your purchase right away and split the cost into easy monthly payments.

Pay over 3, 6, or 12 months!

Visit our website to get started!

Are you offering this for other products as well? I’d love to upgrade to something like an X2 or Xi Tour.

Hi Rebby!

We do offer financing options through Affirm for our other products. Please give us a call today at (407) 967-7121 or email us at [email protected] and someone on our sales team can give you more information!

• 3 months later...

For any Mevo owners (or Flightscope if you're still following this thread), I've just gotten my Mevo in the mail, excited to start using it. I have a question about using it with range mats: I understand it has to be on the same level as the ball, so using the Mevo box works to keep it level with the mat. I also noticed in the manual that it comes with a tripod mount for use with baseball. I have a small flexible tripod that I could get to about range mat height, but would it be necessary to tilt the tripod back so that the Mevo is sitting at the same angle as it would be if it was resting on the kickstand?

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

For those that have the Mevo....how well does wit work with the Android app for you? Or the iPad app? The Google Store reviews are less than stellar on how well it works.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

For those that have the Mevo....how well does wit work with the Android app for you? Or the iPad app? The Google Store reviews are less than stellar on how well it works.

I tried my Android phone (Samsung) when I first got my Mevo - It worked, but was very slow & crashed a lot, usually in the middle of a session - I was on the point of returning the Mevo, but decided to buy a used iPhone - The difference was night & day & a year later it is still running perfectly

Flightscope themselves told me that the Mevo is designed to use iOS & it makes sense (to me) that Android is likely to be less stable as there are so many different Android phones rather than only a handful of iPhones - I obviously got a phone that wasn't that good with Mevo but yours might work fine (?)

Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

Got a decent range session in the other day in between the soaking rain here in SoCal. Hit sand wedge (full and partial shots), 8 iron, and driver (testing two different shafts). I even sacrificed about 10 of my shag bag balls and metallic stickers while testing the driver to see the difference between non-dot range ball and dotted premium ball. It basically caught every shot I hit, with the exception of a couple 8 iron shots and a couple drivers that were non-dotted, where it would only get the launch, ball speed, and spin, but nothing else. It was my second time using the device, but the first time, I only spent a few minutes messing around, trying to see how easy it is to setup and get going. That first session was rough, it was only picking up about one every seven or eight shots. This second time around, I brought a tape measure and lined the unit up EXACTLY six feet away, and made sure to set the ball in the same spot every time (obviously this was easier to do with the driver, being on a mat w/ a rubber tee). The range I was at has decent range balls, and the spin rates and launch seemed to be about where it looked to my eye. The range is set up so that the targets are slightly downhill, so I'm not sure if Mevo was reading the carry yardages as if it was level ground, but with the SW and 8 iron, the carry distances were consistently about 4-6 yards short of where the yardage markers on the range indicated. I even double checked with my rangefinder a few times, hit 8 iron to a green w/ a flag that was 147 yards away, with a 150 sign right behind the green. I landed the ball what looked like pin high, about 25 feet right of the pin, and the Mevo said that I carried the ball 141 yards. The differences were consistent though, and I never had one that was more than 6 yards off, so I'm guessing the slight elevation change might be the reasoning.

There didn't seem to be a huge difference in spin rates between the non-dotted range balls and the dotted premium, though the range balls consistently spun and launched higher. I ended my session by hitting about 20 shots with my 58* to a target signed marked 35 yards. The Mevo was actually impressively accurate in this area, as it seemed it was never off by more than a yard on carry distance. Hopefully once the rain clears, I can take this out late one day to the 9 holer down the street and see if I can jump on a teebox, sticker a bunch of balls and do a test from tee to green with driver, 150, 100, and 50 yards out. So far though, for what I want it to do, I'm liking my purchase.

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

I just bought a Mevo and have a very simple question.

How do I update the firware in my Mevo? I downloaded latest app for my iPhone. It connects to the Mevo, but there is no menu option under settings to update firmware?

I've spent about two hours searching the web, manuals, tutorials, but it's nowhere to be found!? I have seen screenshots in older versions where you can search for new firmware and force a write to the Mevo?

**MEVO DISCOUNT PROMO CODE**

Use code WRX at checkout for 10% off today!

Could you clarify why the price of £399 increases to £490.77 when selecting UK, yet VAT is 20% in the UK. Quite a high additional cost for shipping as well, which makes the headline price a little bit misleading.

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...