3w distance off the fairway

I guess off the deck I average about 10-15 yards shorter than teed up...

Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect some of the responses on here may depress you. To help you out - I hit about 210-220. The better players can get it out further, much further, but why does it matter what other people hit? S

Haha, I will also bring the averages down a little.... Carry off the deck I am about 205-210 realistically... with roll out it can be in the 210-240 range depending on conditions obviously. It's not

As one who has been up close to most of the pga tour, and walked off countless drives & 3wds, your stats are way out of date.   Have been on the PGA ShotLink, laser tracking system since has exist

Plenty of people on here swing a 3 wood faster than 107 mph. Use a 13* head and strike it well and it will fly 250 plus. The average PGA Tour swing speed is not any faster than thousands of young accomplished amateur golfers. It is the consistency and short game that really separates those guys. I don't know why people point to the average PGA Tour player as the definitive benchmark for how far a human being is capable of hitting a golf ball.

Because Average = Consistency

So if you are telling me you can consistently hit a 250 yard + 3 wood to your intended target, you belong on the Tour and should be extremely competitive as those guys at the highest levels and they pride themselves on consistency.

I have a 102mph Swing with a 1.5 smash = 153mph ball speed for a driver, I can in fact hit a 250+ yard 3 wood, 15* YES.... on purpose, no, lucky, yes. consistently, hell no, I would say 220 at best consistently..... Thats my point. There is a difference between on demand in real life if your life counted on it.

Here is a really stupid example, Your loved one is on a pit, you have 1 chance to hit a 3 wood, 250+ yards straight on target..... can you deliver.... if you can then you belong on the tour because basically this is what the guys do for a living.... this is why us amateurs have day jobs.....

PS, I really dont care how Fast you swing your club, How about this, to hit a 250 yard 3 wood, you would need 160mph ball speeds....That means you are likely achieving a center strike and consistent contact to validate an "AVERAGE" not just couple of good strikes....

I never claimed to average 250 off the deck. I just wanted to defend those that you are calling out in disbelief and acting surprised when they defend themselves. Pointing to average PGA Tour distances as something unattainable by anyone less than a touring professional is BS. And nobody is arguing they average 250 dead on the target every time, they are talking about the shots they strike well.

Don't call people out for lying then tell them to relax when they defend themselves.

We're not calling out as BS that someone could do it. We're calling it out as BS that this many people can do it. As I said, above, an off the deck shot in a real round with a real lie is much harder than a driver in terms of how much Margin for error exists.

I believe there are a ton of people who can match a PGA player w the driver on these boards. I believe there are a handful who can match them off the ground, in a real round off real lies.

It's not lying, it's how the human memory works. We remember very good shots and very bad shots *much* more vividly than so-so shots. I have no doubt those posting think they hit it that far I just doubt they actually do. I think their memories are playing tricks on them and they are only remembering memorable shots. With the 3 wood that means distance.

I dont understand this the last part of this post - dude your a 1.8 (it says). Why on earth would the good players here listing long averages HAVE to take 3 wood off of sidehill spotty lies; theres no rule that says at this distance you must pull 3 wood hence your oddly perceived avge count for "all but one or 2".

If Im 270 out and ideal lie Ill go at it like most with the capability of doing so otherwise poor lie would dictate hybrid or 7i to wedge distance desired.

Just odd that some posters here think everyone is a 25 cap hitting it 190 remembering that one downhill cart bounder that ended up 254.

1.You only hit deep 3s off the deck when available and advantageous into a par 5 (or long par4 mishit tee shot). 2 you dont have to hit it from distance no matter what lol, because yes under those circumstances the averages are shite.

Dont forget also that ams will force shots too to see if they can pull it off instead of playing smart like tour guys whose bank depends on it so the decision making is looser. Many more guys could be strict like that and loose a little of the fun for an inconsequential avge......JAT

LOL!!! :cheesy: Nice pic seriously :)

Its just always the guys who dont hit it far salving thier ego calling out others being short like them - I get it, but get a wrx outing together near you and get your learn on. Then Ill be happy for you :derisive:

Im glad you can laugh at me, if you cant laugh at yourself, like I often do, you cant enjoy life, I laugh at myself daily.

With that, my distance really has nothing to do it, but if you consider it short well that is your fair opinion, I do not have an ego problem any more (I used to, I can admit it), but I do feel sad for those that dont quite understand the distances they think they hit the ball, you can look at my post history as well as I am very consistent not to criticize but to represent number and on course distances.

Enjoy your day, have fun, play golf! Happy 2017!

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
TM TP MC - 4 & 5 PX 6.0 Rifles
Sub70 - PW-8MBs, 7&6 CBs  PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S300
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

*edit* If they cant even get a driver setup right, how can you take their 3wood numbers right? Again not because they are lying, they might not just understand how the numbers are "Calculated"

http://www.golfwrx.c...ub-zero-driver/

100mph Swing speed with below 150mph ball speed and 270 carry with 300 yard total drivers.... This was the most absurd....

http://www.golfwrx.c...esting-results/

http://www.golfwrx.c...2017-m1-demoed/

http://www.golfwrx.c...ft-conclusions/

http://www.golfwrx.c...world-yardages/

just simple examples of misunderstanding, these people were not lying, just didnt get it. More so I would believe ignorance more often than people lying or BSing... These post were all within the last month.....this happens monthly.......

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Plenty of people on here swing a 3 wood faster than 107 mph. Use a 13* head and strike it well and it will fly 250 plus. The average PGA Tour swing speed is not any faster than thousands of young accomplished amateur golfers. It is the consistency and short game that really separates those guys. I don't know why people point to the average PGA Tour player as the definitive benchmark for how far a human being is capable of hitting a golf ball.

Because Average = Consistency

So if you are telling me you can consistently hit a 250 yard + 3 wood to your intended target, you belong on the Tour and should be extremely competitive as those guys at the highest levels and they pride themselves on consistency.

I have a 102mph Swing with a 1.5 smash = 153mph ball speed for a driver, I can in fact hit a 250+ yard 3 wood, 15* YES.... on purpose, no, lucky, yes. consistently, hell no, I would say 220 at best consistently..... Thats my point. There is a difference between on demand in real life if your life counted on it.

Here is a really stupid example, Your loved one is on a pit, you have 1 chance to hit a 3 wood, 250+ yards straight on target..... can you deliver.... if you can then you belong on the tour because basically this is what the guys do for a living.... this is why us amateurs have day jobs.....

PS, I really dont care how Fast you swing your club, How about this, to hit a 250 yard 3 wood, you would need 160mph ball speeds....That means you are likely achieving a center strike and consistent contact to validate an "AVERAGE" not just couple of good strikes....

I never claimed to average 250 off the deck. I just wanted to defend those that you are calling out in disbelief and acting surprised when they defend themselves. Pointing to average PGA Tour distances as something unattainable by anyone less than a touring professional is BS. And nobody is arguing they average 250 dead on the target every time, they are talking about the shots they strike well.

Don't call people out for lying then tell them to relax when they defend themselves.

We're not calling out as BS that someone could do it. We're calling it out as BS that this many people can do it. As I said, above, an off the deck shot in a real round with a real lie is much harder than a driver in terms of how much Margin for error exists.

I believe there are a ton of people who can match a PGA player w the driver on these boards. I believe there are a handful who can match them off the ground, in a real round off real lies.

It's not lying, it's how the human memory works. We remember very good shots and very bad shots *much* more vividly than so-so shots. I have no doubt those posting think they hit it that far I just doubt they actually do. I think their memories are playing tricks on them and they are only remembering memorable shots. With the 3 wood that means distance.

I dont understand this the last part of this post - dude your a 1.8 (it says). Why on earth would the good players here listing long averages HAVE to take 3 wood off of sidehill spotty lies; theres no rule that says at this distance you must pull 3 wood hence your oddly perceived avge count for "all but one or 2".

If Im 270 out and ideal lie Ill go at it like most with the capability of doing so otherwise poor lie would dictate hybrid or 7i to wedge distance desired.

Just odd that some posters here think everyone is a 25 cap hitting it 190 remembering that one downhill cart bounder that ended up 254.

1.You only hit deep 3s off the deck when available and advantageous into a par 5 (or long par4 mishit tee shot). 2 you dont have to hit it from distance no matter what lol, because yes under those circumstances the averages are shite.

Dont forget also that ams will force shots too to see if they can pull it off instead of playing smart like tour guys whose bank depends on it so the decision making is looser. Many more guys could be strict like that and loose a little of the fun for an inconsequential avge......JAT

I don't think "everyone here is a 25 cap". I think its ridiculous that the first 9 or so responders to a Golf WRX thread are significantly longer than tour pros. If it was driver, fine - that actually isn't that hard to believe, because strike is fairly straightforward. To claim to be tour level off the ground is a bold claim. To me, that is really silly and I think these people are deluded. You disagree. No problem. You could be right, I have no idea. I just think the vast majority of these people are lying to themselves.

Yep, ams force shots all the time. Thats why they're ams. I'm a good player, but there is no way I average 243 carry with my 3 wood. I can do it, and I probably do around that most of the time, but zero chance its an average. Zero.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Pinestreetogolf let's say that I hit 10 shots. I thin 3 shots to 225 and I fat 1 shot to 215. But the other 6 shots carry 255. The average there is 242 yards. So you're telling me (as a "1.8" hcp) that if you took 10 shots, you wouldn't average 240? My friend I think your selling yourself short.

Sim Max 9* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Rocket 14* Fujikura Speeder TR 757x 

Tour Issued Sim Ti 18.2* Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8x

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 125x

Mizuno T20 Raw 50/10, 55/8,  59/6 DG Tour Issue s400

EVNROLL ER2B 

Pinestreetogolf let's say that I hit 10 shots. I thin 3 shots to 225 and I fat 1 shot to 215. But the other 6 shots carry 255. The average there is 242 yards. So you're telling me (as a "1.8" hcp) that if you took 10 shots, you wouldn't average 240? My friend I think your selling yourself short.

No. I think if I was on a driving range I'd probably average about 255-60. I don't think the tour average is 243 on the range or in a trackman bay.

I think if you followed me around actual golf courses with a shotlink machine when I had actual lies, targets and pressure I'd average less than tour pros.

I think people are confusing "can" with "average" and "trackman/pristine range" with "competition".

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Totally agreed, but hes likely just a solid 1.8 not a long player which again is not a knock just more proof being good has no connection to distance.

Played in a ProAm with Zach Johnson 8 yrs ago and was 15+ past his driver with 3 wood all day on the range and course. Im a former college player and Zach is the champion golfer of the year - I got no shot beating him unless we do a 3 wood carry + total contest

No. I think if I was on a driving range I'd probably average about 255-60. I don't think the tour average is 243 on the range or in a trackman bay.

I think if you followed me around actual golf courses with a shotlink machine when I had actual lies, targets and pressure I'd average less than tour pros.

I think people are confusing "can" with "average" and "trackman/pristine range" with "competition".

Your not good with three wood under pressure we get it :taunt:

JK - hit em well and stop comparing everyone to you odd fascination with tour pro 3wood avges being the end of yardage....

Totally agreed, but hes likely just a solid 1.8 not a long player which again is not a knock just more proof being good has no connection to distance.

Played in a ProAm with Zach Johnson 8 yrs ago and was 15+ past his driver with 3 wood all day on the range and course. Im a former college player and Zach is the champion golfer of the year - I got no shot beating him unless we do a 3 wood carry + total contest

As I've said a million times, I think 1,2 maybe 3 people here are just as long. I think 9 out of 14 (more, now that there are more replies) is very unlikely to be true. Could it be true? Of course! Is it likely to be true? No.

Yesterday I had 241 to the middle of hole 1 after a nice hit over some fairway bunkers to the left of the hole. #1 is a dogleg par 5 right. I hit 3 wood from a somewhat sitting-up lie in the rough, with water on both sides of the green and OB way behind it (like, way behind it). It was basically tee'd up, and I had to get it over some scraggly tree/bushes type things. I hit it to the front fringe after a nice smooths swing, which was probably 235-ish carry. It was a 3 wood in an actual round, with significant penalty left and right, and two buddies watching that I could theoretically REALLY mess up if I hit it too far.

That swing had very little to do with how I would hit it in a trackman bay.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

Well yeah, I think a lot of us would consider ourselves driving range gods. But if you're going to use variables, then pros play in a ton of different courses in different locations, weather, elevation, and even grass (soft/firm). Those variables definitely skews the average. But the OP asks, "3w distance off the fairway." He never asked, "if you are a touring pro going for the par 5 in two on that final whole what your distance is." Op also doesn't ask for distance on a bad lie. He merely asks what's your distance from the fairway. Off the fairway, hell yeah i'll average 245. May not be super accurate every time but i'll for sure get to that distance.

EVNROLL ER2B 

Well yeah, I think a lot of us would consider ourselves driving range gods. But if you're going to use variables, then pros play in a ton of different courses in different locations, weather, elevation, and even grass (soft/firm). Those variables definitely skews the average. But the OP asks, "3w distance off the fairway." He never asked, "if you are a touring pro going for the par 5 in two on that final whole what your distance is." Op also doesn't ask for distance on a bad lie. He merely asks what's your distance from the fairway. Off the fairway, hell yeah i'll average 245. May not be super accurate every time but i'll for sure get to that distance.

He cited 240-270 for tour which is way too high. If you visit pgatour.com you can read how they factor wind, elevation and other variables out of the average. They also have a "go for it in 2" stat that is the average approach to a par 5 in two which is lower at 235.7, so they arnt doing any of this.

Most golfers have an extremely warped view of their games. Most male Golfers see their putting as worse than it is by a large margin and see themselves as more powerful than they actually are By a large margin. This hurts their practice choices and their course management. This mainly has to do with how our memories work. Exciting and terrifying memories are seared into our brains while ho-hum memories are quickly forgotten. We remember booming drives and missed 3 foot putts. Of course this might not be you, but it is typical.

I've never seen you play. But if in fact your hitting a 3 Wood 245 in actual rounds on an actual golf course off The deck "every time" then congrats.. your much better than me and you are probably an elite ballstriker.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

He cited 240-270 for tour which is way too high. If you visit pgatour.com you can read how they factor wind, elevation and other variables out of the average. They also have a "go for it in 2" stat that is the average approach to a par 5 in two which is lower at 235.7, so they arnt doing any of this.

Most golfers have an extremely warped view of their games. Most male Golfers see their putting as worse than it is by a large margin and see themselves as more powerful than they actually are By a large margin. This hurts their practice choices and their course management. This mainly has to do with how our memories work. Exciting and terrifying memories are seared into our brains while ho-hum memories are quickly forgotten. We remember booming drives and missed 3 foot putts. Of course this might not be you, but it is typical.

I've never seen you play. But if in fact your hitting a 3 Wood 245 in actual rounds on an actual golf course off The deck "every time" then congrats.. your much better than me and you are probably an elite ballstriker.

lol you remind me of my buddy who I play golf with all the time. He's the play strictly by the rules, course management stickler, super serious golfer. Tony is that you???? I'm sorry, pinestretgolf, I didn't realize you are that super serious about this game. Now, I love golf and I believe its the most fun and also most challenging sport i've ever competed in. Golf is fun when you can get out on the course and sling some shots and score low. But If I cared about what other people are hitting their 3 woods at as much as you do, then golf wouldn't be as fun anymore.

EVNROLL ER2B 

lol you remind me of my buddy who I play golf with all the time. He's the play strictly by the rules, course management stickler, super serious golfer. Tony is that you???? I'm sorry, pinestretgolf, I didn't realize you are that super serious about this game. Now, I love golf and I believe its the most fun and also most challenging sport i've ever competed in. Golf is fun when you can get out on the course and sling some shots and score low. But If I cared about what other people are hitting their 3 woods at as much as you do, then golf wouldn't be as fun anymore.

So if you dont take it seriously like Pine Street, this also validates PineStreet's and I's concern, why should we take other claims of distance with 3 wood seriously, if you openly claim you dont take it as seriously as he does?

We all are in our rights to claim anything, especially on a forum. I think MANY are capable, but to do it on demand or claim it as a "stock" shot, a stock shot too me is, a PW that I know I can hit it 120 yards on demand and hit a 45 yard green more times than not, 90% of the time 9/10..... That being said, a Stock 3 wood shot, in my mind to claim 250+ carry to a green that is 45 yards wide and hit it 9/10 times, again to me is a legit claim, Not hitting a fairway or just hitting it 250+ yards carry.

But this is were we draw the line to disagree, neither is wrong, I will say this, if someone wants to claim/able 250+ yards carry 3 wood as their "Stock" shot, thats Great more power to them, For the Majority of Golfers.... I highly doubt this as a "normal" thing that OP is asking, as if tour Pro's cant justify it, how can an amateur do so is beyond me?

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

These threads always (predictably) descend into chaos. But I can never look away!

This is often times better than a "blades vs cavity backs" thread!

Aw heck, who am I kidding? Nothing beats a good "butter knives vs shovels" thread! But since those are banned, I'll happily settle for this

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

lol wow. Do you guys really care that much about other people's claims on how far they hit their 3 wood? Just because I like to have fun doesn't mean I don't take it seriously. haha no wonder people outside of the golf world think this sport is elitist. Anyways, I don't thin anyone else cares about what your "stock" shot is. My "stock" shot is hitting whatever I have to hit on each stroke to put in a low score.

EVNROLL ER2B 

These threads always (predictably) descend into chaos. But I can never look away!

Aw heck, who am I kidding? Nothing beats a good "butter knives vs shovels" thread! But since those are banned, I'll happily settle for this

LOL that gif never gets old. Its crazy how some people care that much about another persons game or "claim."

EVNROLL ER2B 

lol wow. Do you guys really care that much about other people's claims on how far they hit their 3 wood? Just because I like to have fun doesn't mean I don't take it seriously. haha no wonder people outside of the golf world think this sport is elitist. Anyways, I don't thin anyone else cares about what your "stock" shot is. My "stock" shot is hitting whatever I have to hit on each stroke to put in a low score.

LOL that gif never gets old. Its crazy how some people care that much about another persons game or "claim."

Feel and say what ever you want, I have spent most of my time on the forums learning and helping others. More so opening doors, you can "criticize" me any way which ever way you would like, My post count and POST dictate more than your opinion.

Its not a matter of "caring" what people "say" they do. Its caring of what they "actually" do to "HELP" them rather than criticize. If i can help 1 person, realize that maybe they were looking at their "distances" wrong so they can better their game, then I feel I have done a good job. If you want to "help" perpetuate their misguided distances. Be it right or wrong, thats fine, but I would rather spend my time helping others then telling them they are jerks for telling them things they should hear, rather than what they want to hear......

pat their ego all you want if it makes you and them feel good my friend......

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I get slightly irritated each time I read a thread of this nature. First of all I am not one of these long hitters, however I have never doubted many are out there and many of those many are on forums like this. Some people tend to doubt most of the long hitting claims in threads however, I think a major point is lost or forgotten in that type of analysis/disbelief.

We know that a tiny percentage of golfers hit the ball a long way. We then read a thread where most or many of the posts are claiming that they hit it a long way. We consider these 2 bits together and think - hold on how is everyone in this thread a long hitter when we know only a tiny majority of golfers are - then comes the bull**** shouts. Surely we need to remember that many if not most of the active posters on this forum are low cap golfers and more importantly those that post on this type of thread are mostly the long hitters. Most of the shorter hitters or average Joe's do not post in such threads or may not even open the thread. Because of this reasoning and rationale it is very plausible that 80-100% of posts in such threads are true claims

I get slightly irritated each time I read a thread of this nature. First of all I am not one of these long hitters, however I have never doubted many are out there and many of those many are on forums like this. Some people tend to doubt most of the long hitting claims in threads however, I think a major point is lost or forgotten in that type of analysis/disbelief.

We know that a tiny percentage of golfers hit the ball a long way. We then read a thread where most or many of the posts are claiming that they hit it a long way. We consider these 2 bits together and think - hold on how is everyone in this thread a long hitter when we know only a tiny majority of golfers are - then comes the bull**** shouts. Surely we need to remember that many if not most of the active posters on this forum are low cap golfers and more importantly those that post on this type of thread are mostly the long hitters. Most of the shorter hitters or average Joe's do not post in such threads or may not even open the thread. Because of this reasoning and rationale it is very plausible that 80-100% of posts in such threads are true claims

How do you know this, I have scowered many many many threads, and there is A HUGE Diverse Group that responds to long driver, short driver,3wood, iron, wedge, putter threads. This is the stigma and perpetuation that is INCORRECT. Just go to the "Average Joe" thread section, There are many "Average Joe" People,

There are many older generation players as well, that admit they do not hit a driver over 200+ yards. There is also young players that are getting into the game that done hit their driver 200+ yards consistently, BUT can hit it 300+ if they get it right. You want to know why "short" players dont respond to these kinds of threads?

"Its just always the guys who dont hit it far salving thier ego calling out others being short like them -" personal attacks, rather than debatable substance. I have never "attacked" a person without, debatable substance attached to my post as well, out side of me being just a stupid jerk and I know I am sometimes.....

All about ego after that.... not about "Facts" usually I post statistics and numbers to validate my claim, if someone else actually did they same we could surely have a discussion. NOT one person has yet to actually substantiate their claim with factual data. Not that I am asking for it or need it. The point is if some are SO sure about themselves then they can surely validate somehow. I have validated my objective statements.......

When looking at these "Threads" objectively, Yes, people that want to "Announce" their "Long" distance, be it "ego", "troll", "misguided", "bragging" whatever it is, we need to accept that yes, there is a percentage that can do so, but realistically, for the normal maturer, the likely hood of obtaining it, is somewhat out of reach. this is the harsh reality of golf. Same as the generic stats that 80% of all golfers will never break 80, this is not to discredit the game, its just a basic understanding of how difficult the game is and the physical limitations.

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

How do you know this, I have scowered many many many threads, and there is A HUGE Diverse Group that responds to long driver, short driver,3wood, iron, wedge, putter threads. This is the stigma and perpetuation that is INCORRECT. Just go to the "Average Joe" thread section, There are many "Average Joe" People,

There are many older generation players as well, that admit they do not hit a driver over 200+ yards. There is also young players that are getting into the game that done hit their driver 200+ yards consistently, BUT can hit it 300+ if they get it right. You want to know why "short" players dont respond to these kinds of threads?

"Its just always the guys who dont hit it far salving thier ego calling out others being short like them -" personal attacks, rather than debatable substance. I have never "attacked" a person without, debatable substance attached to my post as well, out side of me being just a stupid jerk and I know I am sometimes.....

All about ego after that.... not about "Facts" usually I post statistics and numbers to validate my claim, if someone else actually did they same we could surely have a discussion. NOT one person has yet to actually substantiate their claim with factual data. Not that I am asking for it or need it. The point is if some are SO sure about themselves then they can surely validate somehow. I have validated my objective statements.......

When looking at these "Threads" objectively, Yes, people that want to "Announce" their "Long" distance, be it "ego", "troll", "misguided", "bragging" whatever it is, we need to accept that yes, there is a percentage that can do so, but realistically, for the normal maturer, the likely hood of obtaining it, is somewhat out of reach. this is the harsh reality of golf. Same as the generic stats that 80% of all golfers will never break 80, this is not to discredit the game, its just a basic understanding of how difficult the game is and the physical limitations.

Oh thanks for advancing the game by scouring this forum. Round of applause. Get over yourself. Go patronize on a different forum. Your holier than thou attitude isn't persuading anyone.

EVNROLL ER2B 

Oh thanks for advancing the game by scouring this forum. Round of applause. Get over yourself. Go patronize on a different forum. Your holier than thou attitude isn't persuading anyone.

This was the best you could do huh? Its all good, personal attack rather than substance.

You have a wonderful day sir, I wish you and your family a healthy happy 2017, good luck on your golf game and I wish you to shoot low!

PS My deepest apologies, to the OP, GolfWRX for taking this thread off the rails, while I agree I am aggressively passionate, I do need to take into account the other members here so please accept my apology!

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I know what your getting at with the golf populace and general golf stats.......but the biggest issue that skews your stats MAJORLY is this is not a crosscut of the avge golfer with elderly being represented in proper ratios, the unathletic being repped in proper ratios, once in while newbs who play a few times a year and 'like to get outdoors sometimes' being represented ......this is the 1% of the 1% golf nuts out there who love golf, distance, and getting awesome new gear (for more distance lol).

Reading your stuff again I think you mean well just planting in the wrong soil....it wont grow here pimpin....it just wont grow....

I know what your getting at with the golf populace and general golf stats.......but the biggest issue that skews your stats MAJORLY is this is not a crosscut of the avge golfer with elderly being represented in proper ratios, the unathletic being repped in proper ratios, once in while newbs who play a few times a year and 'like to get outdoors sometimes' being represented ......this is the 1% of the 1% golf nuts out there who love golf, distance, and getting awesome new gear (for more distance lol).

Reading your stuff again I think you mean well just planting in the wrong soil....it wont grow here pimpin....it just wont grow....

Yes and yes, the boundaries of where we get our numbers varies person to person, and I quote it prior about speaking about "Apples and Oranges" we are talking fruits, just different fruits.

I understand where you are coming from and it seems you see where I am coming from, we can agree to disagree, it does not have to come to personal attacks =) It can be respectable like above. So Thank you!

The point of the matter in this "whole off the rails" thread (in review of it)

3 legit posters stated they could hit it 250+ yards carry no problem everyday all day (extremely believable, would love to see it but regardless, acceptable)

10+ trolls added their funny business (as usual)

10+ people realistically stated their seemingly legit distances (the average golfer)

2 people came in to want to validate the 3 & trolls a like. ( myself and one other)

with that if we took the average from this whole thread,

Many agree 220-240 total on any given day is pretty legit, this is with a 15* 3 wood.

being a beast is uncommon but realistic and add a 13.5* 3 wood and reaching 270+ 3 woods is not impossible, unlikely for the masses but for those anomalies highly acceptable.

Im sure we can agree on this! :taunt:

TM M3 - Tensei White 60S 
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 70S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

So if you dont take it seriously like Pine Street, this also validates PineStreet's and I's concern, why should we take other claims of distance with 3 wood seriously, if you openly claim you dont take it as seriously as he does?

We all are in our rights to claim anything, especially on a forum. I think MANY are capable, but to do it on demand or claim it as a "stock" shot, a stock shot too me is, a PW that I know I can hit it 120 yards on demand and hit a 45 yard green more times than not, 90% of the time 9/10..... That being said, a Stock 3 wood shot, in my mind to claim 250+ carry to a green that is 45 yards wide and hit it 9/10 times, again to me is a legit claim, Not hitting a fairway or just hitting it 250+ yards carry.

But this is were we draw the line to disagree, neither is wrong, I will say this, if someone wants to claim/able 250+ yards carry 3 wood as their "Stock" shot, thats Great more power to them, For the Majority of Golfers.... I highly doubt this as a "normal" thing that OP is asking, as if tour Pro's cant justify it, how can an amateur do so is beyond me?

I find it funny you call BS on people claiming to hit 3 woods 250+ when you claim to average 230-250.

Here is a post you made last year:

8 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

OK so from all my other threads, I have Driver, 3wood to 3 iron. been having trouble with the courses that I play and laying up has been the better options.

3 wood is not the best for me off the tee. 3iron is just a tad bit short for my liking. SO wanted to fill this gap.

(Driver 250-270 total, normal conditions, 3wood 230-250 average, 3iron 200-210)

was looking for a 225-230 club.

I agree with you when it comes to driver - in fact in a similar thread I defended those claiming tour driver distance. It's extremely plausible an am could drive with a pro.

I think you are underestimating how much more difficult it gets when the ball goes onto a lie on the ground versus a peg. It's much less about swing speed at that point and a whole lot more comes into play.

We can agree to disagree but high clubhead speed doesn't equal long Carry with a ball on the ground.. now if you told me you hit it 240 but carry it 180 on average I believe you because those line drives and roll are functions of speed. But 240 pure carry is an incredible shot.

It takes a very pure strike at a very high speed to elevate a 3w for a 240 carry off

Turf. It's much much harder than driver or carry plus roll. I think it's unlikely very many here carry that *on average*.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S