2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Golf Pride ALIGN grips

dikaia22

Hi Syntax, after reviewing the images, that looks pretty darn straight. Nice catch being there at Watts and bringing that up with the store associate. So you are saying it feels more pronounced in the lower hand? That's spot on. It should. The grip walls are thinner in lower half of grip and it is all rubber. The top hand has thicker walls, firmer material, and cord is present as well. Plus you have a glove on. So it makes sense if you feel more ridge in the lower hand. That is correct. You just need to play/practice with the grip, you'll start to get used to it and the top hand ridge will become more noticeable especially if you are still using round grips on your other set. Thanks for the question. And thanks for trying the grip. Play well. Best. Bruce

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I align myself with the club face and not some line on a grip. If you need an alignment aid you're a hack. All the guys at the big box retailers can't put a grip on straight anyway to save their lives. I guess I should start doing it myself.

There was this hack named Ben Hogan that used ribbed grips...

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

It is a good question Syntaxx. We discussed this over and over in the office. Quick answer is you need to do what is most comfortable for yourself and your game. Can you use the MCC ALIGN grip on a wedge you lay wide open? Of course. In the office here, we thought the ridge can act as a dial....like some players do for wedge swings (hands go back to 9 o'clock, 11 o'clock, etc). Same principle. Just experiment. Do what works best for your game. You'll hear a lot of opinions on this. But trust what feels right to you. Best. Bruce

I checked these out the other day and I don't see the point. The ribbed red line didn't feel pronounced enough to even notice, even then I'm going to adjust my grip as I get settled in anyway. I don't think I will be purchasing these.

Wilson Dynapwr Driver

Srixon ZX MK II 2 Hybrid

Cleveland Zipcore XL 5 Iron

Srixon ZX4 MK II Irons 6 - P

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 4 - 48, 54, 60

Cleveland HB soft 8 putter 

Srixon Z Star ball

You making that observation with a grip installed or just handling grip alone?

That's a good point. If it is not installed on a club, you will not feel the rib.

Paradym 3D Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Edel SMS 54* & 60*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

I am a bit intrigued by these, appreciate putting a visual to the traditional ribbed grip. Also love the innovation, but worry these will be $13 a grip or something. Anyone else excited about these grips??

https://www.golfpride.com/align/

I'm just here to say 'upotheke' :)

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I am a bit intrigued by these, appreciate putting a visual to the traditional ribbed grip. Also love the innovation, but worry these will be $13 a grip or something. Anyone else excited about these grips??

UCF?

Kyle

Taylor Made M6, 9*, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5, 75g
Taylor Made RBZ Tour Spoon - Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
Taylor Made SLDR 19* Hybrid KBS C-Taper 130-X
Mizuno MP-53 4-9 DG X-100
Vokey 46,50,54,58 DG S-400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S
TaylorMade TP5X

UCF?

yep

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

UCF?

yep

Great People. I still stay in touch (through Facebook) with Clevvy, Kingman, Chops, Brad Marshall, and Katz. They were way to kind to a midwesterner like myself.

Kyle

Taylor Made M6, 9*, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5, 75g
Taylor Made RBZ Tour Spoon - Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
Taylor Made SLDR 19* Hybrid KBS C-Taper 130-X
Mizuno MP-53 4-9 DG X-100
Vokey 46,50,54,58 DG S-400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S
TaylorMade TP5X

I just got this installed on all of my clubs at the PGA Superstore. Maybe I'm being OCD but they are all crooked, some worse then others. I linked to the image. The rib back feels nice, it's not too pronounced, I'll test it out this weekend. Overall it's fairly similar to prior MCC+4. Being OCD I know these crooked lines will bug me. I'll probably go back this weekend to have them fix a few of the clubs. Understanding now that these retailers are incapable of doing a good job I would not recommend putting these on unless it's someone you trust. I'm disappointed as I waited 3+ months for these to get released to put on my 716 AP2's https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4DpFeIkUHwCanlEZDg3SFhmbWM/view?usp=sharing

I just got this installed on all of my clubs at the PGA Superstore. Maybe I'm being OCD but they are all crooked, some worse then others. I linked to the image. The rib back feels nice, it's not too pronounced, I'll test it out this weekend. Overall it's fairly similar to prior MCC+4. Being OCD I know these crooked lines will bug me. I'll probably go back this weekend to have them fix a few of the clubs. Understanding now that these retailers are incapable of doing a good job I would not recommend putting these on unless it's someone you trust. I'm disappointed as I waited 3+ months for these to get released to put on my 716 AP2's https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

how do they not turn them over and look at them? Was it the Irvine store? I go in there almost daily. Would have expected more from them.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

I just got this installed on all of my clubs at the PGA Superstore. Maybe I'm being OCD but they are all crooked, some worse then others. I linked to the image. The rib back feels nice, it's not too pronounced, I'll test it out this weekend. Overall it's fairly similar to prior MCC+4. Being OCD I know these crooked lines will bug me. I'll probably go back this weekend to have them fix a few of the clubs. Understanding now that these retailers are incapable of doing a good job I would not recommend putting these on unless it's someone you trust. I'm disappointed as I waited 3+ months for these to get released to put on my 716 AP2's https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

how do they not turn them over and look at them? Was it the Irvine store? I go in there almost daily. Would have expected more from them.

Yes it was at the Irvine PGA SS. Unfortunatly I picked this up right after work and didn't have time to fully inspect all 12 clubs. The misalignment is actually a lot worse in person.

Yah I had my shop install a single one to try out on my driver. They still don't have mid size so I had to do 3 extra tap wraps to build it up. Feels pretty good but I also told them to ensure it was dead strait which it is. Seams good, not sure its any better than my mcc+4 mid size grip although I will say I may start doing standard grips with 3wraps from now on as it feels a touch better so maybe I'm not quite a true midsize......?

It is a good question Syntaxx. We discussed this over and over in the office. Quick answer is you need to do what is most comfortable for yourself and your game. Can you use the MCC ALIGN grip on a wedge you lay wide open? Of course. In the office here, we thought the ridge can act as a dial....like some players do for wedge swings (hands go back to 9 o'clock, 11 o'clock, etc). Same principle. Just experiment. Do what works best for your game. You'll hear a lot of opinions on this. But trust what feels right to you. Best. Bruce

I love this and thought the same thing when I first started playing with reminder ribs. You can easily use the rib as a "dial" and virtually guarantee that you are opening the club the same amount for various shots, thus reducing a variable. The fingers and palms have enough ridges and crevasses that you can easily find 1 or 2 other places in your hands to seat the rib, thus creating a system of sorts:

1/3 swing w/square face - 40 yards carry

1/3 swing w/open face - 25 yards carry

1/3 swing w/wide open face - 8 yards carry

Then you do the same for 1/2 swings, 3/4 swings, whatever you like. Much like the Pelz clock system, you could find one speed and use it for virtually all of your short game and partial wedges if you had your distances dialed in like this.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I think I'm going to try them Bruce. I just have to wait awhile but if these will help my game then they should be worth the $11 price tag.

I do my research, will these assist like the ribbed reminder grips do for the pro's? I watch Jordan Speith get ready for his shot and notice how he feels the grip for it. Also, will there be technology in the future that will help fill the empty space in between our fingers and the grip instead of installing something like a string? *TM

Wilson Dynapwr Driver

Srixon ZX MK II 2 Hybrid

Cleveland Zipcore XL 5 Iron

Srixon ZX4 MK II Irons 6 - P

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 4 - 48, 54, 60

Cleveland HB soft 8 putter 

Srixon Z Star ball

I think I'm going to try them Bruce. I just have to wait awhile but if these will help my game then they should be worth the $11 price tag.

I do my research, will these assist like the ribbed reminder grips do for the pro's? I watch Jordan Speith get ready for his shot and notice how he feels the grip for it. Also, will there be technology in the future that will help fill the empty space in between our fingers and the grip instead of installing something like a string? *TM

Hi Striker Ace. I think you are asking if these will help like traditional reminder grips? Of course....in a major way. It is much easier to find the ridge on the back of the ALIGN grip versus traditional internal reminders. Several reasons why this is true (I am referring to the ALIGN grips now): (1) the ridge is external now....no longer internal and punching through a wall of rubber (2) the material we use on the red ridge is much firmer compared to the surrounding material...this allows your fingers to recognize it easier (3) the red ridge has a distinct texture pattern versus the surrounding texture outside of the ridge.....which helps because you obviously cannot see where your fingers are positioned as it is on the back of the grip.

Will there be technology that fills the gaps between your fingers and the grip body? That would not be conforming. Cannot have a bulge and waist on the grip. Plus it would be non-cylindrical.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Put a pair on my driver and 3w. What a major PITA to put them on straight. I had to pull the shafts off and install the grips upside down to get the red line straight. Love them on my woods but didnt care for them on the irons. Use plenty of Bramptons!

IMG_4499.jpg

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I had the PGA SS fix 6 out of the 12 clubs, they are much better as I checked each of the clubs after the install.

Anyways, I tested them out this morning. It didn't take too long to get use to them (coming from the prior mcc+4). It was nice to have a reminder of where to put my right hand. I could not get use to them on my wedges, it was quite distracting when I had to open up the face. Overall, I'm pretty happy.