Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Diamond Tour should always be one of the first stops for anyone looking for a shaft. Limited selection, but some of the best prices out there for what they do have. Cheaper than used in a lot of cases.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I wondered about them because at the top it clearly states they make clones of popular brands. I was selling a 757 limited edition for an arbitrary price and a member here told me diamond tour had it for a lot cheaper. I was convinced it was a clone because it was significantly cheaper than used 757s. They had the us open one for like $50 I think. It might have been even less. A standard 757 can't be that cheap right?

I wondered about them because at the top it clearly states they make clones of popular brands. I was selling a 757 limited edition for an arbitrary price and a member here told me diamond tour had it for a lot cheaper. I was convinced it was a clone because it was significantly cheaper than used 757s. They had the us open one for like $50 I think. It might have been even less. A standard 757 can't be that cheap right?

Lol....even clone companies have to sell shafts and grips. Yes clone heads can accept an aftermarket shaft and grip, as long as the id is right:) I realize there are some grips that are counterfeited; I've never personally heard of a shaft being couterfeited, but I'm sure it's happened or at at least attempted, but it is rare. DTG is a reputable component dealer, they often get liquidated shafts, grips, heads, etc. And offer them at a significant discount, sometimes these are oem heads, aftermarket shafts, grips, and clone heads. They recently got all the remaining adams heads tmag had and still have some on their site. They are in the business of making money and the owner seems to have some contacts that lead to some good deals. Also if you look are some of there regular prices (on shafts and grips) the markup is not as big as some other components suppliers, at least on certain items. Most of their clubheads are clones, but they do offer a few heads that aren't clones, the Adams included:). Hopefully you realize there is a difference between a clone and a counterfeit. It would destroy their business if they offered counterfeit anything. Below is a link to the BO 757 (they did have a us open version too), and no it was never $50. Ignorance is bliss for some on this site!

http://www.diamondto...en-edition.html

Lol....even clone companies have to sell shafts and grips. Yes clone heads can accept an aftermarket shaft and grip, as long as the id is right:) I realize there are some grips that are counterfeited; I've never personally heard of a shaft being couterfeited, but I'm sure it's happened or at at least attempted, but it is rare. DTG is a reputable component dealer, they often get liquidated shafts, grips, heads, etc. And offer them at a significant discount, sometimes these are oem heads, aftermarket shafts, grips, and clone heads. They recently got all the remaining adams heads tmag had and still have some on their site. They are in the business of making money and the owner seems to have some contacts that lead to some good deals. Also if you look are some of there regular prices (on shafts and grips) the markup is not as big as some other components suppliers, at least on certain items. Most of their clubheads are clones, but they do offer a few heads that aren't clones, the Adams included:). Hopefully you realize there is a difference between a clone and a counterfeit. It would destroy their business if they offered counterfeit anything. Below is a link to the BO 757 (they did have a us open version too), and no it was never $50. Ignorance is bliss for some on this site!

There are a significant amount of counterfeit shafts out there. Once the prices hit $300 for some popular shafts, it was only a matter of time. Half of all whiteboards on eBay back in the day were fake and I would guess the amount of fake Graphite Design shafts out there is significant too. There is always a thread popping up on the deal or no deal section with a fake ad-di or bb from eBay.

Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S
Taylormade DJ Spider Tour

There are a significant amount of counterfeit shafts out there. Once the prices hit $300 for some popular shafts, it was only a matter of time. Half of all whiteboards on eBay back in the day were fake and I would guess the amount of fake Graphite Design shafts out there is significant too. There is always a thread popping up on the deal or no deal section with a fake ad-di or bb from eBay.

good to know, thankfully I have not drank the boutique shaft kool aid, so those shafts aren't on my radar. Its one thing to bag on clones, I get that, but suggesting that a clone club/head supplier deals in counterfeit shafts is ignorant. DTG is reputable, they own and operate Hurricane Golf, which is all OEM's. People need to wise up.

Sure they can, RBG did, right?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1355910-757-extra-stiff-on-rbg/#entry13842904

With the way companies are pumping out shafts lately the extras have to go somewhere. Shafts are almost worse than clubs today, after a year they seem worthless, unless they're a Kiyoshi or AD something. Dumping excess inventory with the smaller guys seems to work.

Sure they can, RBG did, right?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1355910-757-extra-stiff-on-rbg/#entry13842904

With the way companies are pumping out shafts lately the extras have to go somewhere. Shafts are almost worse than clubs today, after a year they seem worthless, unless they're a Kiyoshi or AD something. Dumping excess inventory with the smaller guys seems to work.

Seems to be a growing trend, at least with the component suppliers....Hireko, dtg, monark.....a lot of "made for" shafts too.

There are tons of online websites that are not authorized retailers of shafts and heads, tourspec included. Their prices are always cheaper because they're known for a ton of Chinese fakes. If you go to threee authorized retailers, the shaft prices should be the same. If you find it even at a 30% discount it's probably a fake.