2017 Titleist Staff Stand Bag v. Players 4 Stand Bag

Morety

I'm looking at getting a new bag this year and want some opinions. I'm coming from probably a 3 year old Titleist 14 way stand bag and like the old 14 way cuff arrangement better than what they are offering now. It looks like with the current cuff pattern I'd have to separate out my wedges with 2 on the bottom row and 1 a row above and that may be just too much for me to handle haha.

Looking at the 2017 Titleist Staff Stand Bag v. Players 4 Stand Bag. I rarely walk, so the difference in weight between the two isn't a huge issue. They appear to have very similar cuffs and in the Red/Black/White color way for the Players 4, they are similar in appearances. Local stores don't have both in stock, so what are the other differences between the two?

Anyone have the new Staff Stand bag and like it?

http://media.titleist.com/images/titleist/files/US/'17_Golf_Gear_Catalog_8-1-2016.pdf?_ga=1.124935690.1635201929.1470619575

Titleist TS2 driver & 3 wood
PXG 0317 hybrid
Srixon ZX5 irons
Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 60S wedges
Scotty Cameron 009 Circle T putter

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at getting a new bag this year and want some opinions. I'm coming from probably a 3 year old Titleist 14 way stand bag and like the old 14 way cuff arrangement better than what they are offering now. It looks like with the current cuff pattern I'd have to separate out my wedges with 2 on the bottom row and 1 a row above and that may be just too much for me to handle haha.

Looking at the 2017 Titleist Staff Stand Bag v. Players 4 Stand Bag. I rarely walk, so the difference in weight between the two isn't a huge issue. They appear to have very similar cuffs and in the Red/Black/White color way for the Players 4, they are similar in appearances. Local stores don't have both in stock, so what are the other differences between the two?

http://media.titleis...1929.1470619575

Mine comes in tomorrow. I can try to post some pictures of it if you'd like. I own the old staff stand bag and it's in great shape if you want to work out a deal for it. PM me if you're interested.

http://media.titleis...1929.1470619575

What's crazy is that I totally understand where your coming from.

I just ordered the 2017 Players 5 so I can separate my approach wedges from my greenside wedges :-)

• 1 month later...

The new staff stand , materials and design look improved for 2017 ?

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

I recently bought three bags: a Player 5, a '17 Staff Stand Bag, and a Hoofer. Figured it was easier to have all three in hand then I can return the other two I do not like. That being said, I've already returned the Players 5. I didn't like the pocket arrangement throughout the bag, and I was also concerned about the rubber pocket that bulges out from the bag and what it might look like after strapping it to a cart over and over again. I was fearful it would flatten over time. I also disliked the top cuff of the Player's 5 - visually it just looked funny to me (same goes for the Player 4). So I've narrowed it down to the Staff Stand bag and the Hoofer. I absolutely love the Staff Stand bag, nothing really compares to it. It has a large top cuff, clubs are easy to get in and out - no tangle whatsoever. There are plenty of pockets and storage, and the craftsmanship and materials are second to none. The weight difference doesn't bother me either - I will walk or ride depending on my mood or who I'm playing with. Anyways, the Staff Stand bag is by far the nicest stand bag I have come across; even better than last years model. My only hesitation in possibly keeping the Staff Stand bag is it's a bit too flashy, and it too closely resembles what a professional might carry - a true staff bag. But damn, it sure is nice. On the other hand, I've always owned a Hoofer, and it just feels like home and ticks all the right check boxes. Decisions....decisions!

I recently bought three bags: a Player 5, a '17 Staff Stand Bag, and a Hoofer. Figured it was easier to have all three in hand then I can return the other two I do not like. That being said, I've already returned the Players 5. I didn't like the pocket arrangement throughout the bag, and I was also concerned about the rubber pocket that bulges out from the bag and what it might look like after strapping it to a cart over and over again. I was fearful it would flatten over time. I also disliked the top cuff of the Player's 5 - visually it just looked funny to me (same goes for the Player 4). So I've narrowed it down to the Staff Stand bag and the Hoofer. I absolutely love the Staff Stand bag, nothing really compares to it. It has a large top cuff, clubs are easy to get in and out - no tangle whatsoever. There are plenty of pockets and storage, and the craftsmanship and materials are second to none. The weight difference doesn't bother me either - I will walk or ride depending on my mood or who I'm playing with. Anyways, the Staff Stand bag is by far the nicest stand bag I have come across; even better than last years model. My only hesitation in possibly keeping the Staff Stand bag is it's a bit too flashy, and it too closely resembles what a professional might carry - a true staff bag. But damn, it sure is nice. On the other hand, I've always owned a Hoofer, and it just feels like home and ticks all the right check boxes. Decisions....decisions!

Disappointing to hear on the players 5 / stadry, had high hopes

I have a sun mountain xcr stand which is great but looking for some thing smaller

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the staff stand bag and really like it a lot. The only thing that I don't like is that the straps are placed so far to the sides of the top of the bag that when you take it off of your shoulder it turns to the left--inother words it is not balanced when you sit it down. a single strap feature that attached to both sides of the top would fix this. does anyone know if they make one the will fit the snaps that titleist now uses on their player series of bags?