One Length irons - Cobra - any feedback ?

TheSliceKing

Great post!

All the reasons you said for switching are the exact reasons I made a move as a 4 cap.

My real test starts tomorrow. I'm excited to see how it goes.

Hope it goes well. The one thing that helped me immensely was every time I hit a shot to begin with was just pretend 7 iron. The first few times out I would swing the long irons too hard and the wedges too soft, which is just my brain saying this can't work. I would also change ball position. Now for all full shots it is same swing same ball position and I am really happy with the ball flight. On wedge shots I will play with ball position some but for the most part 7 iron stance, setup, swing. Once I got over the mental hurdle of the shorter long irons and started hitting greens from 200 plus, it was just like wow this works.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing the Wishon sterling Single Length irons for about a year now and don't think I'll ever play anything else. There was a definite adjustment for sure. Mine are all 8 iron length. I play 4-gw. And bag my traditional sw and lw at 36" and the rest at 36.5. I just like the sole grind and shape of my wedges better than the sterling set. But Wishon is releasing a more traditional sw and lw to match the set later this year. I saw immediate improvement in my long iron play. 8-pw was the same as my other set. Gw was an adjustment for me. I subconsciously would swing too soft with it and I hit it too high. I kept with it and took me probably 3-4 weeks to get used to and now I hit them all as good or better than I'd hope. I'm a scratch golfer and find these to be my favorite clubs I've ever played. Whats great is I don't practice my irons hardly at all anymore and always feel confident hitting them. Which has given me more time to practice short game and driver.

I haven't hit the cobras but could see issues at hitting a 6 or 7 iron length pw gw sw. The Wishons are designed for 8 iron length so really the pw and gw are only 1/2 inch longer in length than my conventional set because I played all my clubs +1/2 so technically my sterlings are the length of my conventional 9 iron.

I've been playing the Wishon sterling Single Length irons for about a year now and don't think I'll ever play anything else. There was a definite adjustment for sure. Mine are all 8 iron length. I play 4-gw. And bag my traditional sw and lw at 36" and the rest at 36.5. I just like the sole grind and shape of my wedges better than the sterling set. But Wishon is releasing a more traditional sw and lw to match the set later this year. I saw immediate improvement in my long iron play. 8-pw was the same as my other set. Gw was an adjustment for me. I subconsciously would swing too soft with it and I hit it too high. I kept with it and took me probably 3-4 weeks to get used to and now I hit them all as good or better than I'd hope. I'm a scratch golfer and find these to be my favorite clubs I've ever played. Whats great is I don't practice my irons hardly at all anymore and always feel confident hitting them. Which has given me more time to practice short game and driver.

I haven't hit the cobras but could see issues at hitting a 6 or 7 iron length pw gw sw. The Wishons are designed for 8 iron length so really the pw and gw are only 1/2 inch longer in length than my conventional set because I played all my clubs +1/2 so technically my sterlings are the length of my conventional 9 iron.

Good post. You can order 1/2" over down to an 1" under in the cobras. The wishons are good looking clubs for sure. I think when people figure out you can mix and match to build a set, single length will gain more momentum adding in the modern technology.

My Local club first got a GW, 9i, 7i & 5i in the Cobra F7 SL's. Took them out and played them against my normal Bridgestone J36 blades. They where very easy to hit and extremely long in comparison (even taking into account the difference in lofts, nearly 2 clubs longer).

The 9 and 7 where dart's, so easy to put a good swing on them, they went quite high and seemed to stop on the green reasonably well, not quick but not running out ridiculously either.

The GW took some getting used to as I felt I had to swing it easy, soft hands and gentle acceleration. Same as the rest really but being careful I was staying back on the shot.

The 5i at setup didn't look right, just didn't compute, so I went with the "It's just a 7i mantra" It came off the face very hot but didn't climb in the air looked more like a 3 iron flight.

So overall they wheren't too bad, felt like a very hot faced game improvement club, 9 and 7 irons stood out as the best.

A week later the club got in full sets of both the F7's and Forged one lengths.

Played a couple of rounds with the Forged One's, no driver or fairway's in the bag. These irons are a different animal than the F7's.

After a few holes I realised these really did need swinging easy, maybe even more than the F7's. I had a few of my own irons in the bag for comparison.

Same story with the results PW - 6i where very nice, good strongish flight, stopped nice and quick on the greens. 5i was better than the F7 5i, could get the ball up in the air easier and control it better.

GW wasn't a club I would choose to play, length of the club against the length of my standard swing didn't fit together. I needed to use a different swing to get it working correctly. When I hit my standard length GW straight after the SL one, it was so much easier to swing and control.

4i was strange to the eye at setup, again trying to swing it easy to get the flight right. The biggest problem I had with it was trying to shape shot's. It took alot of beleif to get the ball moving around and when I did, then I lost the flight height and control.

The distance gapping between 5 and 4 closed up somewhat and from the data the YouTube pro's are putting out there. They all seem to have the same issue in the long irons.

Again in comparrison to my regular 4 iron, the SL was hard work to use effectively on varied shots.

My overall takeaway was that the Cobra SL irons are a good concept overall. The distance control was excellent in both set's, really gives you the point and shoot confidence.

If you don't have a repeating swing, I beleive working with these would help you get one. I really think begginers would benefit getting these in their hands. Not saying these are a begginer only clubs, anyone could benefit from using these.

As Cobra's Tom O said, "If you're a good wedge player, you wouldnt need to use GW, SW". Totally agree on that point.

I found that the advice of "Just use one swing, speed, rythm, timing to be very true.

But this was slightly a dissadvantage, When I wanted to step on a shot, put a low stingee one in there. It didn't workout great, this is where pull shots started to creep in.

At the opposite end of the scale, knock down shots where super easy.

If your a player who delofts irons and hit's down hard, your going to have some initial issues. These could probably be solved though with a proffesional fitting with correct shaft/length choice. (I normally play a flatter lie than std).

I've not decided to take the plunge yet, but if I do I would be looking at PW - 5i Cobra Forged One's, a standard length 4i and a regular set of wedges.

Still got to try the Whishom Sterling and a few other sets of regular clubs.

Regards

I'm new to GolfWRX and to the One Length irons. I purchased my Cobra's 2 months ago and will never take them out of my bag. I'm a 10 handicap and I am striking the ball more consistently with these irons. I don't hit the gap wedge well but the 5-PW are golden. Unlike some others I hit the 5 iron much higher than my traditional 5 irons and plan on purchasing the 4 iron soon. With my traditional irons I hit my pw 90-100 yards. I hit the One Length PW 110-115. I chip very well with these clubs, but I also cary a traditional pw as a gap and have a ping eye 2 sand and lob wedge to round out my irons. Love my Cobra One Lengths.

I'm hitting my Sterlings longer that my regular length irons.

My Club head speed dropped sigificantly from the PW to the 4 iron, the longer the club the lower the clubhead speed, I played clubs +.5 inch longer. I'm hitting the SL longer than my usual clubs.

I did t notice this phenomenon until I bought myself a Sky Track, I thought it was a bit bizarre, but I assume must me a confidence thing, as I probably felt I could lash at a short iron but must be careful with a longer.

I'm hitting my Sterlings longer that my regular length irons.

My Club head speed dropped sigificantly from the PW to the 4 iron, the longer the club the lower the clubhead speed, I played clubs +.5 inch longer. I'm hitting the SL longer than my usual clubs.

I did t notice this phenomenon until I bought myself a Sky Track, I thought it was a bit bizarre, but I assume must me a confidence thing, as I probably felt I could lash at a short iron but must be careful with a longer.

Sky Trak doesn't actually measure your clubhead speed. It extrapolates / calculates it from your ball speed. Your hitting in the center more, not swinging faster. You can't swing a shorter lever faster with the same swing. You can't use any number on a Sky Trak except ball speed.

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

As Cobra's Tom O said, "If you're a good wedge player, you wouldnt need to use GW, SW". Totally agree on that point.

I think I know what you mean here, but could you explain that a little more?

Excellent review, thanks.

Sure can, took the quote from My Golf Spy https://www.mygolfsp...e-f7-one-irons/

"Should I play ONE Length Wedges?

It depends. Cobra’s Tom Olsavsky believes that strong wedge players might be best served sticking with what they have. You already have a great short game, why mess with it?

Golfers who need help, however, may want to consider adding Cobra ONE Length wedges (56° & 60° available through custom order) to their sets."

My opinion is that the wedge part of the game is much more feel based, when the shot's are less than a full swing. We sometimes grip down more, open the stance up, change swing length, open/close the face. Change the rythm. hand pressure,hit smooth, hit punchy and whatever else the particular shot demands.

This is kind of the opposite to the one length - one swing concept.

I found the length of the GW really troublesome for very soft greenside shots. It's length meant I couldn't swing it slow enough to let the club do the work. If I gripped right down on it I could get it to work, but that's not a true test.

A few years ago I put all the same shafts through my irons inc wedges, the stiffer shafts in the wedges where great on full shots, but around the green the feel was gone. They where just to stiff, I get the same feel here they are just too long.

A 56* or 60* in SL would be the same for me, just too long. But I play with some guys who hardly ever use a wedge within 25m of the green. They putt from everywhere, so for them it could work.

I have been playing the Sterlings 5-SW for almost a year. I have been playing golf 20 years. I have never player better golf than I have in in the last year. Single length clubs are easier to hit, and be consistent with. That means lower scores. It's golf, and you will still hit bad shots, but there just wont be as many or as often.

The people who bad mouth them and call them "silly" are people who have never tried them, never even held one in their hands. Ignore anyone whole has never played ON A COURSE with a whole set. Hitting just the 6i on a mat in a bay at Golfsmith tells you nothing. Like the guy who bad mouth them because his "friend" could not chip with the 7 iron because its too long. His friend did not think to choke down for a chip with a 7 iron??????? Then he said his friend sailed the green by 30 yards. LOL Either the guy skulled one across the green or this guy is a liar.

They are not for everyone and take some getting used to. Theres lots of ego in golf. Those people willing to try them and stick with the WHOLE set will get positive results. You are doing yourself a disservice by only playing 4-5-6 in SL then gaming your regular clubs the rest of the way. For each club you play in the set thats not SL, you have just made it 100% more difficult. You are making it harder when it can be easier. Buy the whole set, play the whole set. One ball position for every club. I don't care what that dipwit on Youtube says.

Was at an indoor fitting day for Cobra yesterday and watched the Rep. sell at least 3 sets of one length, 2 of the 3 customers were not even their for irons but after watching the first guy get fit and seeing the results and numbers, they couldn't believe how easy there were to hit and both went through a fitting with the Rep staying an extra hour. These are the real deal and people have to try them before they knock them.... I love mine and was there to thank Rep.........

I have been playing the Sterlings 5-SW for almost a year. I have been playing golf 20 years. I have never player better golf than I have in in the last year. Single length clubs are easier to hit, and be consistent with. That means lower scores. It's golf, and you will still hit bad shots, but there just wont be as many or as often.

The people who bad mouth them and call them "silly" are people who have never tried them, never even held one in their hands. Ignore anyone whole has never played ON A COURSE with a whole set. Hitting just the 6i on a mat in a bay at Golfsmith tells you nothing. Like the guy who bad mouth them because his "friend" could not chip with the 7 iron because its too long. His friend did not think to choke down for a chip with a 7 iron??????? Then he said his friend sailed the green by 30 yards. LOL Either the guy skulled one across the green or this guy is a liar.

They are not for everyone and take some getting used to. Theres lots of ego in golf. Those people willing to try them and stick with the WHOLE set will get positive results. You are doing yourself a disservice by only playing 4-5-6 in SL then gaming your regular clubs the rest of the way. For each club you play in the set thats not SL, you have just made it 100% more difficult. You are making it harder when it can be easier. Buy the whole set, play the whole set. One ball position for every club. I don't care what that dipwit on Youtube says.

Yep, I totally agree with this. The Sterlings aren't perfect, and maybe the Cobras aren't either...yet. But the idea totally works. I'll be shocked if Calloway doesn't have a SL set next year. I think those guys could get it done right.

Completely agree, although I'd back off the language a bit - its not a better way to play, its a different way to play. That said, to succeed in this game you have to pick a plan and stick to it and that plan has to make sense in your head. If that's SL, great. But for some (most?) of us, SL seems like a good way to get slightly better contact in the low irons at the expense of a bit of clubhead speed. I play SL 9-LW, but not in the lower clubs. I don't feel like i can work a 37" 4 iron. Doesn't fit my eye or head. Everyone is different. The *key* is to believe in it. It doesn't even have to be right! As long as you believe it exists, it exists. That's why this game is so maddening.

Was at an indoor fitting day for Cobra yesterday and watched the Rep. sell at least 3 sets of one length, 2 of the 3 customers were not even their for irons but after watching the first guy get fit and seeing the results and numbers, they couldn't believe how easy there were to hit and both went through a fitting with the Rep staying an extra hour. These are the real deal and people have to try them before they knock them.... I love mine and was there to thank Rep.........

See, this is a huge issue for me. What are the chances those people have ever been properly fitted by a properly trained OEM rep? Probably pretty close to zero. How do you know its single length making them better and not them being professionally fit thats making them better? I'm not convinced that if the rep had a Callaway logo on his shirt and fit those same people to VL modern Apex CF16s with correct shafts and lies they'd see *Exactly* the same results. How do you know its not just upgrading to a modern iron and getting fit? Your not isolating the variable.

Its like the driver ads. The guys who have perfectly fit directly-previous generation drivers don't gain 20 yards. They say "average of 20" because of the guy who shows up with a 2006 Sumo that isn't fit and gets fit into a M2. Seems like the same thing - I'm not sure a guy with a perfectly fit set of Apex CF16s is going to see those gains.

I think SL is fine, and its not "silly". But its been around since Bobby Jones. Its not some new technology or way to play. Its incredibly unlikely that you will shoot significantly lower scores with SL. Golf is golf. It seems like it will help most play Golf Swing better but I'm skeptical it will help the masses play better Golf. Your weight still has to be left, you still have to be aligned correctly and you still have to keep your head screwed on straight*.

*This factor is 100x more important than how long your irons are.

EDIT: "Incredibly unlikely" is not a typo for "impossible"

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

I have done something similar, but not exactly the same as One-Length Clubs. I took the 3-iron down 1-inch and my PW down 1/4-inch and lined them all up and had drawn a line across the set from the -1 inch mark on the 3-iron to the -1/4-inch mark on the PW and then cut them down to those lengths. Basically compressing the differences between the irons. I will say I hit the 3, 4-iron better than I have. Debating whether to do the same thing, but not touch the PW end of the spectrum. I know the weighting is off as is the lie angles, etc., but when the iron game is better because of that (scoring wise), I won't argue.

I was thinking of take a few old irons I hardly use and cut them to the same size-but haven't as yet.

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

I have done something similar, but not exactly the same as One-Length Clubs. I took the 3-iron down 1-inch and my PW down 1/4-inch and drawn a line across the set from the -1 inch mark on the 3-iron to the -1/4-inch mark on the PW and then cut them down to those lengths. Basically compressing the differences between the irons. I will say I hit the 3, 4-iron better than I have. Debating whether to do the same thing, but not touch the PW end of the spectrum. I know the weighting is off as is the lie angles, etc., but when the iron game is better because of that (scoring wise), I won't argue.

Wait, so your irons go from standard and then rainbow through five degrees flat?!! And from D2 to what in the 3, B1?

As I said above, as long as you believe in it.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

That's kind of like Dan's True Length technology fitting model. Reduced overall changes in length but the address position is the same. Lie angles adjusted for each length based on his formula. I love my set but still want to try a 1/2 set of Sterlings to be sure before I go all in.

Waiting on Ping to get into this game!

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

That's kind of like Dan's True Length technology fitting model. Reduced overall changes in length but the address position is the same. Lie angles adjusted for each length based on his formula. I love my set but still want to try a 1/2 set of Sterlings to be sure before I go all in.

Waiting on Ping to get into this game!

Seconded on waiting for Ping. Nothing against Cobra, but I'd definitely be interested in a Ping single-length offering based on their consistency in iron performance.

I picked up a set of Pinhawks at a great price to give this SL thing a go. If it works out then in a year I will invest in the new Edels, which look incredible. I also hope PING comes out with a set!

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

Seconded on waiting for Ping. Nothing against Cobra, but I'd definitely be interested in a Ping single-length offering based on their consistency in iron performance.

I'm a die hard Ping guy. Have played only Ping for close to a decade...Until I got these.

If you are intrigued by the idea, open minded and are unsure if Ping will dive in the market I saw try it.

I know I phoned Ping a couple times and two different reps said they were not very into the idea of SL. I even had one email saying the same. Thats why I started looking at the Cobras.

The Cobra rep who helped me said they are selling 3 times more SL then their original projections so it should be interesting to see how it shapes out.

I emailed Ping as well and was told they were researching it but wouldn't commit to the idea unless they felt it was an improvement for golfers. Until then I'm waiting for the left handed Sterlings in May and I'll build a set of 5-7-9-G or 6-8-W-SW to an around with.

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

The stats don't lie on the single length concept. I'm much more consistent in my striking and have better rhythm and tempo with the clubs.

I purchased the Cobra One Length Forged Irons and have really been enjoying them. I don't have any concerns with my gapping from PW to 5 iron. I replaced the 4 iron with the Cobra F7 4-5 Hybrid because I just didn't have the extra yardage I was looking for in the 4 iron. In fact, I'm very happy to have have the hybrid over the iron.

Here is my gaping:

PW: 118 yards

9: 129

8: 140

7: 150

6: 159

5: 167

4: 172

It didn't take more than a couple rounds to get the feel for the clubs. Trust your instincts and swing it like a 7-iron every time.

The stats don't lie on the single length concept. I'm much more consistent in my striking and have better rhythm and tempo with the clubs.

I purchased the Cobra One Length Forged Irons and have really been enjoying them. I don't have any concerns with my gapping from PW to 5 iron. I replaced the 4 iron with the Cobra F7 4-5 Hybrid because I just didn't have the extra yardage I was looking for in the 4 iron. In fact, I'm very happy to have have the hybrid over the iron.

Here is my gaping:

PW: 118 yards

9: 129

8: 140

7: 150

6: 159

5: 167

4: 172

It didn't take more than a couple rounds to get the feel for the clubs. Trust your instincts and swing it like a 7-iron every time.

I agree with the fact that the stats don't lie. Unfortunately, nobody ever posts the irons they had before the single length and those stats. That would be the interesting part. I'm not too impressed if your gaining 10 yards moving from 712s to a modern iron. I'll be pretty impressed if your getting 10 yards over a CF16 or an M2 pro. Just posting yardages doesn't tell us anything at all about the effectiveness of SL.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

I agree with the fact that the stats don't lie. Unfortunately, nobody ever posts the irons they had before the single length and those stats. That would be the interesting part. I'm not too impressed if your gaining 10 yards moving from 712s to a modern iron. I'll be pretty impressed if your getting 10 yards over a CF16 or an M2 pro. Just posting yardages doesn't tell us anything at all about the effectiveness of SL.

I have found that my yardages have remained pretty similar to my X2 Hot pros up through the 7 iron. I have gained about 5 yards with my 6, about 10 with my 5 and a lot with my 4 (because I could rarely hit my other 4 iron) simply from being able to hit the center of the clubface more often and putting a repeatable swing on it. I had about 220 to a par 5 yesterday, which for me would normally be my hybrid and hope. Hit the 4 and left it on the front fringe. I could have only done that 1 out of 50 times before. I hit it 3 times yesterday with similar results.

More importantly to me than distance is strictly the fact that my misses are 5 or 10 yards left or right now vs. 15 to 30. The game is so much more enjoyable now.

For the first time in many years I actually feel like my handicap is going to drop this year if I can get the driver under control. It's been climbing a stroke or two every year the last few years.

Still debating on going all in with the SW and LW. Wish my course had demos to try out.

I am really enjoying the fact that this thread is full of great conversation. I expected it to turn into a "SL clubs are a stupid joke" vs "SL clubs are the only way to play" fight by now. So glad I was wrong. Well done guys!

I have found that my yardages have remained pretty similar to my X2 Hot pros up through the 7 iron. I have gained about 5 yards with my 6, about 10 with my 5 and a lot with my 4 (because I could rarely hit my other 4 iron) simply from being able to hit the center of the clubface more often and putting a repeatable swing on it. I had about 220 to a par 5 yesterday, which for me would normally be my hybrid and hope. Hit the 4 and left it on the front fringe. I could have only done that 1 out of 50 times before. I hit it 3 times yesterday with similar results.

More importantly to me than distance is strictly the fact that my misses are 5 or 10 yards left or right now vs. 15 to 30. The game is so much more enjoyable now.

For the first time in many years I actually feel like my handicap is going to drop this year if I can get the driver under control. It's been climbing a stroke or two every year the last few years.

Still debating on going all in with the SW and LW. Wish my course had demos to try out.

I am really enjoying the fact that this thread is full of great conversation. I expected it to turn into a "SL clubs are a stupid joke" vs "SL clubs are the only way to play" fight by now. So glad I was wrong. Well done guys!

SL is fine. You just have to be very wary of a placebo effect, because its golf. Its the same reason why a team will generally get better in the few games after they get a new coach, or you putt better generally after you change your grip and think yes! i've got it now! - and then you go right back to how you were before, because its 98% about technique. Changing equipment causes your brain to focus on new neural pathways (this is all general, you can obviously get bad clubs and stink).

You also have to make sure you are isolating the variable. If you are moving from unfit club to fit SL clubs, there is no way you know if its SL or the fitting that is making the difference. I REALLY WISH people in this thread reporting success with SL would tell us about their gear and fit *Before* SL. If your gaming 2 flat +1" irons from 2011, obviously a perfectly fit F7+ will be 10x better. You have no idea if its SL or not.

It seems off to me that people "would go get fit for SL". You should go get fit. If SL is the best, that's your fitting answer. I'm a decent player and I hit CF16s much better than Apex Pros, so during my fitting I chose those heads. I don't trust a rep who is "fitting you into SL". Its like a driver rep "fitting you into" an Epic or a M2. A good fitter has all options available and picks the best one for you.

I think it is insane to go to a store to "get fitted for SL". Just go get generally fit where SL is an option and you trust them. You'll get the best result that way.

SL is another tool in the toolbox that might be right for some. I think its a mistake to go "get fit for SL". Get a fitter you trust who has SL as an option and just get fit in general. Golf is golf. There have been a whole lot of magic beans sold in golf over the years, and SL is not magic beans. It is, however, a very good option for those who want tighter dispersion at the expense of club head speed*.

*Note I didn't say distance, I said club head speed. Center-face contact because of a shorter club can absolutely produce more distance on less speed, but you don't swing SL clubs faster. You swing them slower. This is an issue for better players who don't have trouble with center face contact on mid VL irons.

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

I have a set of CF16s and a set of Forged One Lengths currently. I've played the one lengths for two full rounds and a seperate 9 holes. Can definitely tell its going to take some getting use to. I understand and believe in the concept but I will have to see a definite improvement to make the jump completely. So far, I'm struggling a bit but i'm also swinging like garbage at the moment. I'm taking them to the beach tomorrow for four rounds so we will see how it goes. My worries currently are..............dispersion with the 8-gap and distance/height with the 4-7. This weekend i saw some flashes of solid strikes with the ball flight and distance same as or a touch less than the CF16s, so that gives me hope. My main golf with making the switch is to improve consistency