Baffler F6 that good?

I just felt the need to bump this post because I love the Baffler so much. Clubs come and go, but this thing just stays right there in the bag all these years. I recently bought a slew of new clubs and debated switching to a hybrid or driving iron to fill the yardage gap of the ole F6 Baffler. It’s just so damn versatile I decided instead to hunt out a new head and get a different shaft. I put a Fuji Pro 2.0 TS in what was essentially a “NOS” head I got off eBay. She’s just such a joy to hit. Any lie, many yardages, high shot, low shot, doesn’t matter. That is all, just some love for an old friend of mine, the F6 Baffler.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 7.5º | Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TS3 14.25º | Diamana ZF 70TX
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17º | KBS $-Taper 130X / Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 8X
Callaway Apex Pro ‘19 | KBS $-Taper 130X
Vokey 52ºF, 56ºD, 60ºLow K  | KBS $-Taper 130X
TaylorMade Spider FCG

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just felt the need to bump this post because I love the Baffler so much. Clubs come and go, but this thing just stays right there in the bag all these years. I recently bought a slew of new clubs an

Got one of these about a month ago. Had the stock 60gr stiff red tie in it. Was a good club the first couple rounds I played it. Got a aldila tour blue 85gr stiff from a cobra 3 wood and cut it down to play at 41.75 no tipping. Now it's a phenomenal club. Hit it 4 times last round. Even set at 18.5 I'm almost hitting it as far as my 3 wood off the deck. But tons more height. And it's an easy club to work both ways. Super easy to turn over though.

I've had mine since it came out, I didn't like the stock shaft and swapped it out to the Hzrdus Red 75s shortly after getting it and since then, the club has been my most reliable & fun to hit club in my bag. Now I like my driver better just because its longer, but the Baffler is the go to club when I need a shot.

DriversPXG Proto 0811x (10.5) / Fujikura Ventus Blue "Patriot Edition" 6s w/Velocore
Fairway:  Cobra F6 Baffler (16) / Project X Hzrdus Red 75 (6.0)

Hybrid:  Cobra F7 3-4 (20.5) / Aldila Tour Blue 85s
Irons:  Cleveland UHX (5), Srixon Z565 (6-Aw) / Recoil 110 F5

PXG 0211 (5-Gw) / TT Elevate Tour X
Wedge:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore (54/12) / Nippon Modus 115w
Wedge:  TM Hi-Toe (60/10) / KBS Hi Rev 2.0
Putter:  Odyssey Metal X Milled Versa #9Ht (Custom)
Bag:  Bennington LQO-9

This was my experience with Baffler as well--looks slightly closed and feels spinny. Also noticed a tendency to hook a bit. Might throw in a different shaft and try again. Head itself is super friendly to hit and a good option out of almost any lie. Great for soggy late-fall to spring ground conditions in the PNW.

I just put one in my bag with a HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 and am really liking it. Hit it pretty high but it doesn't balloon on me, and it goes straight. I'm someone who really likes open-faced fairway woods, and with this one cranked to 16* I find it sits open enough for me. This is the only club that sits between my driver and 3 iron, and its versatility is where it shines. Works as advertised out of tough lies, but it's also been great off the tee when I need to hit a specific yardage. Think it might be a keeper.

TaylorMade '17 M1 9.5* Kuro Kage XT 60X
TaylorMade '17 M1 17* Kuro Kage XT 70X
Titleist 915F 21* Diamana D+ 80X
Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW KBS Tour 120S
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, (bent 49) 54.10S, DG Wedge
Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks Low Bounce K Grind 60.06 (bent 59), DG S200
Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 Center Blackout 35"

Played baffler XL hybrids for quite a few years. They were replaced this year. Best hybrids to me are any in the cobra baffler line.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

42"

TaylorMade '17 M1 9.5* Kuro Kage XT 60X
TaylorMade '17 M1 17* Kuro Kage XT 70X
Titleist 915F 21* Diamana D+ 80X