Power package golf

Shane1

been toying with PPG now a few times this week. haven't been able to the it to the range yet since winter hit again here in southern Ohio. trying to practice 5-10 minutes a day until my next lesson on Friday, I'll report back.

D - 10.5° Paradym Ai Smoke Tensei AV Blue 55

F - 20° Paradym Heavenwood Ventus TR Blue 7
H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

I - 5-G JPX 923 HM KBS Tour Lite

W - 54/58 CBX2 Black Satin KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
P - Toulon Seattle w/ H1 Hosel

B - Titleist Pro V1

ALL CARRIED, DRUG OR DRIVEN IN A...BIG MAX DRi LiTe <-HYBRID-> Golf Bag

had my 1st lesson today since I've been playing around with this. My instructor and he said this was a good tool for me. I could tell a difference overall with limited use, going to keep it going!

D - 10.5° Paradym Ai Smoke Tensei AV Blue 55

F - 20° Paradym Heavenwood Ventus TR Blue 7
H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

I - 5-G JPX 923 HM KBS Tour Lite

W - 54/58 CBX2 Black Satin KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
P - Toulon Seattle w/ H1 Hosel

B - Titleist Pro V1

ALL CARRIED, DRUG OR DRIVEN IN A...BIG MAX DRi LiTe <-HYBRID-> Golf Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Finally out hitting a few balls with it on an open range in the grass. I like it so far. 2nd rd of the season tomorrow and first since January.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got a couple of range sessions and some on course feels in now.

I’m really liking this thing but I need more outdoor time with it actually hitting balls. I used it during one range session on a wedge. My first round out in a course using my power package feels resulted in some fantastic shots. Higher, longer, etc... and likely the best on course 6 iron I ever hit to 8 feet and a made birdie putt. That stated, I had a 5 hole stretch in which my old feels and new feels were conflicting resulting in 5 straight 7’s and a 94.

Since then, I managed to attach it to a tour striker 8 iron and hit about 10-12 balls with it. Round 2 was identical to round 1. That being, I hit some of the highest, longest shots ever with a fantastic 7 iron over water to the upper shelf and a made 10 feet birdie putt.

Just like in the previous round, those old feels start to creep in and it gets bad for awhile. I feel like if I can get in more reps, this will improve the quality of my strike as I can now feel how the hands have to move to get to the power package finish position. For me, getting into the cups on the backswing was not a big adjustment. However, getting into the cups on the follow thru was/is a significant change and I now feel how the hands have to move to get there.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I’ve now got several range sessions in and some outdoor sessions without hitting balls. I’ve had some limited success with it on course so I am hoping the feels are ingrained enough to make it thru 18 holes. Sadly, due to work related requirements, I’m not sure when I will get out again.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 2 weeks later...

I am really liking this product. Any more experiences out there?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

I bought one a few weeks ago, and out of all the stupid crap I buy this one has had the most impact. I have only used it indoors so far with my GC2 but the results have been great, and when I go to a club without it the swing so far has stayed the same. My biggest miss/fault is a pull and this has really helped with that as I assume staying in the cups is helping me transfer weight and not release too early and stay on my right side and hit across the ball.

I do still struggle with getting back into the cups at the end, but am working on that. Between this and mirror vision I think I found my go to devices.

• 5 months later...

Anyone still using? I lost my way with it. After some very poor rounds, I’m pulling it back out for a refresh.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 3 months later...

I did not have a good year, I started off committed to the PP. I had some very positive early success. Too many working hours combined a long weather induced layoff and I got stuck between feels and never righted the ship.

ive been doing so slow mo shadow swings with it in my basement and I’ve picked up a Planemate as I believe they are consistent in what they are trying to accomplish. I am hoping to right the ship but weather isn’t cooperating with getting out.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i had some early success in 2019.  Then I found a way to cheat it but I didn’t realize it. Overtime I lost my game. At one point several years ago I was a 9. I increased to about a 13 and stayed there for quite a long time. In 2019 I completely lost my swing and ballooned up to a 20.4 by May, 2020.

I then picked up the planemate and started doing Martins plainmate drills. At some point I realized the power package is very similar so I started using the PP again using some of the planemate drills. I also think about the planemate concepts. At this point I’m mostly using the power package and hadn’t used the planemate in a few months. 

In recent weeks (using Martins planemate concepts and power package drills) with the simple on course thought of closing the door like what is shown in the attached video, I have gotten my cap back down to 14 and I’m finally starting to hit the ball much better.

I’m all in again on the power package.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! I am hitting my irons higher, longer than ever before. I’m loving the power package with planemate swing concepts. I can’t believe how much higher my irons are flying.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 2 years later...
On 1/30/2019 at 5:06 PM, dhartmann34 said:

This thing is fantastic.... But it's showing me my flexibility is not. Really like how easy it is to use. Shown me that my downswing needs to start in a different fashion and that I need to get rotation through the ball. Going to see my instructor soon to get it all figured out. Highly suggest this for what seems like a lot of different swing issues that people may have.

Any other users out there that can comment on their use of this?

Yes, I have had a Power Package since the day it came out in 2017. I was given one of the original Swingydes in 1997 on the Asian Tour at the Malaysian Open and I used that religiously until this came out in 2017 when the 20 year Swingyde patent expired.

For me, it helped with my clubface position, width, arm structure, position at the top, release and body rotation. I used to fight rolling the club a bit inside on the take away and now as you can see the clubhead stays in line with my hands at waist high on the backswing. I also love how you get instant feedback on how you release the club.... personally, I like to fold my arms on the follow through and when I do this correctly, I have no problem getting back into the cups. No training aid has ever helped me fix my tendencies more and as someone that used to fight crossing the line at the top, this really helps you fix that tendency and therefore deliver the club more shallow and on plane in to impact. In a nutshell, if you want width along with a short and compact swing that is on plane I personally have not found a better tool to use. I have mine attached to a matching 7 iron to my set with a training grip set to where I like my hands positioned and I hit thousands and thousands of balls with it.

IMG_3223.PNG

IMG_3224.PNG

IMG_3225.PNG

IMG_3226.PNG

IMG_3227.PNG

Edited by 97speedster
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 9:29 AM, dhartmann34 said:

Yeah the body rotation is tough because I tend to send the face to the sky instead of rotating it as it should after impact. A work in progress... But it'll get there. Really happy with this thing and the discount code helped make it even more paletable.

One thing that can help with your body rotation is by using a 3.5"x1/8" rubber band on the your left wrist that attaches to the left cup.... the rubberband is like training wheels for the Power Package and can really help you fix any issues you struggle with like rotation through the ball; your body will learn quicker on how to rotate properly through the ball and find the cups easier after impact.

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 1:26 AM, 97speedster said:

Yes, I have had a Power Package since the day it came out in 2017. I was given one of the original Swingydes in 1997 on the Asian Tour at the Malaysian Open and I used that religiously until this came out in 2017 when the 20 year Swingyde patent expired.

For me, it helped with my clubface position, width, arm structure, position at the top, release and body rotation. I used to fight rolling the club a bit inside on the take away and now as you can see the clubhead stays in line with my hands at waist high on the backswing. I also love how you get instant feedback on how you release the club.... personally, I like to fold my arms on the follow through and when I do this correctly, I have no problem getting back into the cups. No training aid has ever helped me fix my tendencies more and as someone that used to fight crossing the line at the top, this really helps you fix that tendency and therefore deliver the club more shallow and on plane in to impact. In a nutshell, if you want width along with a short and compact swing that is on plane I personally have not found a better tool to use. I have mine attached to a matching 7 iron to my set with a training grip set to where I like my hands positioned and I hit thousands and thousands of balls with it.

IMG_3223.PNG

IMG_3224.PNG

IMG_3225.PNG

IMG_3226.PNG

IMG_3227.PNG

Nice swing. Wide, short and compact is my style too. Just ordered a knockoff swingyde to see how I get on with it but might have to try this thing out too. Also, the training grip on a matching club is right up my alley too. Great minds think alike!

4 hours ago, canuker said:

Nice swing. Wide, short and compact is my style too. Just ordered a knockoff swingyde to see how I get on with it but might have to try this thing out too. Also, the training grip on a matching club is right up my alley too. Great minds think alike!

Thanks! The Power Package is is a Swingyde on steroids.