I have played KBS tour 110 Reg since I was fit for Titleist 712CB’s. I got fit for PXG irons in CTaper Lite 110 Soft Stepped once. The fitter said the Tours spin too much. . They didnt have the $-Taper in 110 Reg flex only in the stiff. I like a 110 gm shaft weight. I was fit for the 0311 P model but didnt like them. I just bought PXG 0311T Gen1 irons off the website and got them with $-Taper 110 and couldnt be happier. Amazing fee,l great launch and dispersion.. Wonderful feel on 1/2 & 3/4 shots.

I have a set of tour V 100 Reg and really hated the feel. Not at all like the tours.

$- Taper are an update to the original tours. Less spin, no ballooning, slightly lower flight and even better feel. I liked the c-Taper lites also but not the 0311P heads. I put the Ctaper lites in a set of AP3’s. They were my gamers until I got the right head in PXG. AP3’s perform well just feel harsh compader to the 0311t

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure why they aren't more popular on tour - I think iron shafts are just hard to get going on tour in general. Majority of guys just don't want to change iron shafts.   As for the amateur scen

I can take pretty big divots and I've used the same sets of shafts in 3 different heads and i haven't had any bent tips on these. Honestly I haven't seen too many reports of bent tips from KBS in a wh

Alright, I am going to give the $-Tapers a try. I will post some feedback after I get some time in with them (which is hard to do this time of year).

130?

Taylormade M1 440 - Tensei CK Pro Orange TX
Adams VST Hybrid (19) - GD AD-DI X
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 (4 wood) - GD AD-DI X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (5-PW) KBS S-Taper S
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4) KBS S-Taper S
Taylormade Milled Grind (52 & 58, SB) - Nippon Modus 130 S
Taylormade Spider Tour (red) / Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport
Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

Don't forget to update!

Titleist Pro V1
Feeling sad and neglected: Taylormade P750 (4-PW) / Srixon 765 (4-PW) - Nippon Modus 3 130 S

Good luck with the testing, if your like me and liked the tours just couldn't get passed the ballooning and over spin I can't see why you wouldn't like the $-Tapers. I went to the C-Tapers after the Tours and enjoyed them a lot but lost that tour feel, when I heard about the $-Tapers being similar to the Tours but with a reduction in spin I had to give them a shot and I am glad I did.

good luck

Cobra FlyZ+ @ 8.5 deg w/Aldila RIP Alpha X-Stiff tipped 1/2" @ 44.5"
Taylormade 2017 M1 set to 13 deg w/ RBZ TP Aldila RIP Alpha 70X Tipped 1" @ 42.5"
Titleist 909 F2 (18.5deg) Grafalloy Blue (Blue) X Tipped 1.5" @ 41.5"
Srixon Z U45 2 w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 105 X Hybrid shaft @ 39.5"
Srixon Z745 (5-PW) w/ KBS $-Taper X 130 Black
Callaway MD3 50deg with KBS $-Taper 130X

Callaway MD3 56deg with KBS $-Taper 130X

TM Hi-Toe 60deg with KBS $-Taper 130X
Putter: Odyssey Havok

Good luck with the testing, if your like me and liked the tours just couldn't get passed the ballooning and over spin I can't see why you wouldn't like the $-Tapers. I went to the C-Tapers after the Tours and enjoyed them a lot but lost that tour feel, when I heard about the $-Tapers being similar to the Tours but with a reduction in spin I had to give them a shot and I am glad I did.

good luck

Which C-Taper did you transition from?

Titleist Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

good luck

Which C-Taper did you transition from?

I went from Tour X to C-Taper S+. I tried the S but wanted a little stiffer. from what I understand the S+ are hard to come by if getting a set made by a manufacture. I purchased mine right from KBS

Taylormade 2017 M1 set to 13 deg w/ RBZ TP Aldila RIP Alpha 70X Tipped 1" @ 42.5"

The irons haven't arrived yet. Once they do I will post my review.

Did they not turn up?

Titleist Pro V1

• 1 month later...

...has anyone tried these in their wedges yet? They sound like they should work, could be an excellent performer in helping control flight.

yes I have them in my wedges and enjoy them

They finally arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to hit them yet, but will try and get out this weekend if holiday plans don't get in the way.

Any feedback on these yet?

Titleist Pro V1

• 1 month later...

Just ordered a set of Cobra Forged Tec 4-P. I originally put in the order with the Stiff KBS Tour FLT stainless (the black matte isn't an option on Cobra's site unfortunately) but I'm going to try and have my order changed over the the KBS $-Taper Black. The more I read the more I like the sound of them and since it's not a paid upgrade on the Cobra irons seems like a good time to try to them out. We'll see! (the irons are on backorder which stinks but hopefully bc of that they'll be able accommodate my shaft change request).

I found the feel to be similar to X100s but with higher launch. I could play either without missing a beat.

I like the sounds of that since im putting X100's in my new build

• 1 month later...

> @"mizuno player" said:

> How do these compare spin wise to X100? Looking for a similar shaft as x100 with slightly less spin. I like the results of c tapers. A little harsh. But could deal with that. The tour V sounds viable also. Just concerned about a softer mid section.

I would say higher launch and lower spin. They’ll also be lighter and feel like they load more.

#TheWRX 12/11/16
Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
Mavrik SZ 18* Kai Li 80
X Forged Utility 24* $-Taper
RAZR MB 5-P - $-Taper
MD5  52s, 56W, 60w or 60x - $-Taper
Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120

> @mackepa said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > How do these compare spin wise to X100? Looking for a similar shaft as x100 with slightly less spin. I like the results of c tapers. A little harsh. But could deal with that. The tour V sounds viable also. Just concerned about a softer mid section.

>

>

> I would say higher launch and lower spin. They’ll also be lighter and feel like they load more.

>

What about the tour versions? Should be close in weight? Still have a pronounced load?

Thanks.

I’ve been extremely impressed by the $-tapers (130). They perform exactly the way KBS describes them - they launch and feel like the Tours with less spin. I’m coming from LZ 6.5, which were also amazing shafts. Biggest difference for me was trajectory - I hit the LZs lower with more spin. The higher flight and less spin with the $-tapers is perfect.

I haven’t hit the Tour-Vs - does anyone have feedback on those shafts? I played and loved Modus 130s, which seeem to have a similar bend profile, but I just don’t really like counterbalance shafts.

Driver: TSi3 8.0  - Tensei AV Raw White - 65TX
Fairway: SIM 15 - Tensei Pro White - 70TX
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Titleist T100-S (bent 2 degrees weak) - PX 7.0
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: Byron Morgan 615
Ball: Pro V1x

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm excited about this shaft. Went through a fitting session today and ended up doing the $-Taper's with the MP-20 HMB's. All the other inputs in prior posts about other shafts (C-Taper, Tour, Project X LZ, DG S400) were pretty much spot on to my own fitting experience. Currently gaming a set of MP-18 blades with Nippon 115 shafts.

As a longtime DG S400 and Nippon user, I have been blown away by the performance of my KBS 130 X shafts. High launch with low spin and really tight dispersion. The X flex feels more an S+ and they are fantastic on the 3/4 type finesse shots.

Tour Srixon Z785 HC EF B 65 X | Callaway '16 Apex HC Hzrdus 105 X | Callaway '16 Apex PX HC1 X | Srixon 765 Nippon 2G18 SCobra MIM B 51° / 56° |  Rossie WHP

> @ian-500 said:

> I have a set on their way with TM P730/P770 combo. Can't wait.

These are my favourite steel shafts. From all the iron fittings I've had at manufactures demo days, KBS always came out on top......except once :)

FW: Taylormade R9 Ti 5w + Diamana R80s.
HY: Taylormade Aeroburner TP #4 + White Tie HX4.
Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52/58 + Modus 130.
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.