2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Rants and Raves...

Bye, Bye... Tiger...

“No disrespect, but I’m here because of the guys who are actually playing,” said J.C. Williams, who said he had attended the Sawgrass event several times, often pulling for Woods. “If he makes a comeback – a legitimate comeback – great. Until then….”

http://www.morningread.com/features/4f0b5ae8-6310-49e0-8286-8ec362e089d1

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

Bye, Bye... Tiger...

If only that were the case...

I have a feeling that we will be hearing from him/about him for many years to come. I'm just tired of this side show. :wacko:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

The Tiger drama continues...

http://www.morningre...d9-713a00d828d4

Oh boy...

The mugshot is bad- I suspect the dash/body cam video (supposedly to be released later today) will be shockingly so.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider Copper Cobalt 35"

or Ray Cook M1-A Austin  35"

Just Got my Golf Galaxy Father's Day SALE booklet...

$500 Drivers

$300 Fairways

$1200 Iron Sets

$150 Wedges (each)

$300 putters

$200 Bags

$30 Box of a dozen Balls

Why aren't more people getting into the game???

Gee, I wonder!

Just Got my Golf Galaxy Father's Day SALE booklet...

$500 Drivers

$300 Fairways

$1200 Iron Sets

$150 Wedges (each)

$300 putters

$200 Bags

$30 Box of a dozen Balls

Why aren't more people getting into the game???

Gee, I wonder!

That doesn't help, but I have to think it's the 140 character attention span that is the root of the problem. Golf is the antithesis of that.

AS far as the price of equipment, it is what you make of it. If you have to have new, you're going to pay. If not, then there are lots of options to set a new player up with reasonably current gear for a fraction of the price of new. It's no different than anything else really.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

"Here is some free advice: The key to losing weight is eating less and exercising. The key to having a good golf swing is doing something that feels natural and is relatively compact and doesn’t try to do too much."

"My quiet plea, if only to ensure that the game may yet endure, is for you, reasonable reader, to play golf, and for you, elites of the world who make golf unpleasant and niche, to go away. The game was never designed for the people, exactly, but it should have been. It’s more fun that way."

Best short article I've ever read on how to learn to play Golf...

http://deadspin.com/...golf-1795085596

Really solid advice there, Tim! :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The most important thing you'll read today! ;) Keep your scorecard...

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/arbys-is-giving-away-free-food-this-weekend-to-anyone-who-plays-golf

Poor Adam, the bad men in the USGA are making the Major Set-ups too hard for him.

Perhaps these boys should step up and actually learn the game instead of just the Bomb and Gouge...

http://www.golfchann...dayNL_20170605c

The US Open - has become closed...

http://www.morningread.com/features/759eb81d-03bd-40a1-a51f-c2b6bdc8374e

Poor Adam, the bad men in the USGA are making the Major Set-ups too hard for him.

Perhaps these boys should step up and actually learn the game instead of just the Bomb and Gouge...

http://www.morningread.com/features/759eb81d-03bd-40a1-a51f-c2b6bdc8374e

For the amount of the prize money available, these pros should be thankful the courses are only set-up as "brutal", instead of "impossible". Let's see Par 3's up to 275 yds, Par 4's up to 500 yds and Par 5's up to 700 yds for these spoiled brats. I'm tired of seeing classic courses become antiquated by modern technology.

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

http://www.morningre...1f-c2b6bdc8374e

These are the biggest babies in sport. If you're that good shut up and play and let ur sticks talk otherwise go back to your CC and hustle some of the whales with more money than brains.

While I agree with the criticism of the multiple rules debacles I am really sick and tired of the "Pros" whining about how tough the conditions are at the US Open and a few of the other majors. You all face the same test. If it's too tough a test for you perhaps you aren't good enough to be a playing Pro. I am just flabbergasted at the amount of whining Adam Scott does. Suck it up Buttercup! I guess a course that challenges them to make par is asking too much, is making them look bad I guess. In truth what's making them look bad is their insistence that they play courses that don't overly tax the average golfer...

http://www.espn.com/...ight-erin-hills

P.S. I was gobsmacked when first moving from SW Wisconsin's challenging courses to Florida's relatively easy ones. Where I played in WI rough was ROUGH and a pushed or pulled tee shot would likely leave you in a corn field or thicket where your challenge was first and foremost to find your ball!

This was my home course in WI...

http://www.deervalleygolf.com/

I'm sure little A.S.(S) would whine about it also.

*Update: We have a new leader in the whining department and the frickin tournament hasn't even started yet. These guys have Zero Credibility for me...

http://www.golfchann...dayNL_20170612a

My guess is that these wussies believe that if they all cry and complain enough that all the "Pro Tournaments" will be set up for them in a way allowing the worst of them to shoot 10 under for the contest.

http://www.morningre...1f-c2b6bdc8374e

For the amount of the prize money available, these pros should be thankful the courses are only set-up as "brutal", instead of "impossible". Let's see Par 3's up to 275 yds, Par 4's up to 500 yds and Par 5's up to 700 yds for these spoiled brats. I'm tired of seeing classic courses become antiquated by modern technology.

+1

Hogan Edge 1-SW, Apex 3
Hogan Edge GS 3-PW Apex 3
Hogan Apex ll, 3-9, Apex 4
Hogan Speed Slot 1,2,4
Hogan Rail Putter

While I agree with the criticism of the multiple rules debacles I am really sick and tired of the "Pros" whining about how tough the conditions are at the US Open and a few of the other majors. You all face the same test. If it's too tough a test for you perhaps you aren't good enough to be a playing Pro. I am just flabbergasted at the amount of whining Adam Scott does. Suck it up Buttercup! I guess a course that challenges them to make par is asking too much, is making them look bad I guess. In truth what's making them look bad is their insistence that they play courses that don't overly tax the average golfer...

http://www.espn.com/...ight-erin-hills

P.S. I was gobsmacked when first moving from SW Wisconsin's challenging courses to Florida's relatively easy ones. Where I played in WI rough was ROUGH and a pushed or pulled tee shot would likely leave you in a corn field or thicket where your challenge was first and foremost to find your ball!

This was my home course in WI...

http://www.deervalleygolf.com/

I'm sure little A.S.(S) would whine about it also.

*Update: We have a new leader in the whining department and the frickin tournament hasn't even started yet. These guys have Zero Credibility for me...

http://www.golfchann...dayNL_20170612a

My guess is that these wussies believe that if they all cry and complain enough that all the "Pro Tournaments" will be set up for them in a way allowing the worst of them to shoot 10 under for the contest.

I clicked on the golf channel link and he does have a point judging by the photo. That's not golf course rough, it's a bloody hay field!

Our course has penal rough, but you at least have half a chance to get the ball out and advance it. I don't know if you could even get out sideways at Erin Hills! Having said that they're all in the same boat.

Guys that can drive the ball straight are going to be at a huge advantage. If you have to start clubbing down to keep it in the fairway and you aren't particularly long, then you don't have much of a chance.

Is it fair? It's as fair as life and sport are going to be . For all we know, that quick whistle may have handed the Penguins the Stanley Cup. The play was whistled dead before the puck went on the net, so the goal didn't count and that's about all she wrote for the Predators.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

'Professional' outrage about the challenges presented by the conditioning of the rough are legion and not exclusive to the US Open.

My 'off the top of my head' memories invoke Open Championship meetings at Muirfield 2002 and Carnoustie 1999. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth was evident in the run-up to and during the events.

'So unfair' was the cry. We seem to be hearing that a lot lately!

My horse pastures, and the "rough" outside of them here in Wisconsin are exactly the same as the US Open "rough" at Erin Hills. Yes, it is thick. Yes, it is difficult to get out of it. Solution: Don't hit it there in the first place. But any one of them is welcome to come to my house and practice all they want. I'll even throw in a dog to help them find their ball...

I think that with a top prize of about 2 million dollars and the fact that they are blessed with the physical talent to play a game for a living they shouldn't complain. How else do you test players who can hit a three wood 350 yds?

Until the governing bodies make everyone play exactly the same ball and clubs, this is what we can all look forward to: Impossible golf on impossible courses played by impossible athletes who are spoiled by the money. It's one of the reasons I like European golf and The Open Championship better.

Meanwhile, I will take my vintage set out on the weekend at sunrise and enjoy the old school course alone while everyone else sleeps in.

Memo to those pros who have complained already: You have already beaten yourself before taking a swing.

Stepping off the soapbox now...

This is #12 at the home course. View from the tee. The fairway is 18 paces wide, pine forest lines both sides. Down hill blind tee shot to an undulating fairway that is kind of like a mini-valley. The circle is about where the green is, about 300 yds away. Par is 4.

The hole opens up to a fairly flat landing zone. Too far right and overhanging trees guard the green. Too far left and a trap, those birch trees, and ob await. The green is about 40 paces by 15 paces, angled at about 45*, fairly flat, very firm, surrounded on three sides with very tall grass, more trees, swamp, an embankment behind, and a whole lot of trouble.

A well struck tee shot (fade) right at the ob pole will result in catching the down slope, a kick to the right, and result in a nice lie. But now the overhanging trees present a problem, so a 7 iron bump and run will reach back to the hole if it's hit well. Too much and your into the trash. Too little and your now sitting on a hard pan - a very thin lie.

Are you going to complain about the hole, curse the designer, and gripe about the trees? Or are you going to accept the challenge?

In spite of all that I absolutely love this little hole. Made par here last Sunday.

My horse pastures, and the "rough" outside of them here in Wisconsin are exactly the same as the US Open "rough" at Erin Hills. Yes, it is thick. Yes, it is difficult to get out of it. Solution: Don't hit it there in the first place. But any one of them is welcome to come to my house and practice all they want. I'll even throw in a dog to help them find their ball...

I think that with a top prize of about 2 million dollars and the fact that they are blessed with the physical talent to play a game for a living they shouldn't complain. How else do you test players who can hit a three wood 350 yds?

Until the governing bodies make everyone play exactly the same ball and clubs, this is what we can all look forward to: Impossible golf on impossible courses played by impossible athletes who are spoiled by the money. It's one of the reasons I like European golf and The Open Championship better.

Meanwhile, I will take my vintage set out on the weekend at sunrise and enjoy the old school course alone while everyone else sleeps in.

Memo to those pros who have complained already: You have already beaten yourself before taking a swing.

Stepping off the soapbox now...

:ontopic: :fan_1: :ontopic:

This is #12 at the home course. View from the tee. The fairway is 18 paces wide, pine forest lines both sides. Down hill blind tee shot to an undulating fairway that is kind of like a mini-valley. The circle is about where the green is, about 300 yds away. Par is 4.

The hole opens up to a fairly flat landing zone. Too far right and overhanging trees guard the green. Too far left and a trap, those birch trees, and ob await. The green is about 40 paces by 15 paces, angled at about 45*, fairly flat, very firm, surrounded on three sides with very tall grass, more trees, swamp, an embankment behind, and a whole lot of trouble.

A well struck tee shot (fade) right at the ob pole will result in catching the down slope, a kick to the right, and result in a nice lie. But now the overhanging trees present a problem, so a 7 iron bump and run will reach back to the hole if it's hit well. Too much and your into the trash. Too little and your now sitting on a hard pan - a very thin lie.

Are you going to complain about the hole, curse the designer, and gripe about the trees? Or are you going to accept the challenge?

In spite of all that I absolutely love this little hole. Made par here last Sunday.

That wouldn't happen to be Ludden Lake would it, because I was a member there for a couple years...

http://www.golfwisconsin.com/golfcourses/coursedetail.cfm?recordid=268

and it has a hole just like that and although not sure it could well have been #12.

That wouldn't happen to be Ludden Lake would it, because I was a member there for a couple years...

No, it is the course formerly known as Crystal Lake, near Elkhart Lake, WI. I live almost exactly 15 min from there.

Interesting because Ludden Lake has a hole on the back 9 just like you're describing.

Obviously the golf ball isn't going to be dialed back so I say let them play 8,000 yd golf courses with ridiculous rough! I guess I'm just pissed because the modern state of the game is forcing me to agree with Brandel Chamblee about something. Longer hitters have ALWAYS had an advantage so lets make them have to golf their ball a little. I know this will limit what courses the PGA tour can use but f that's the way it has to be then so be it. I won't be playing any courses from 8,000 yards but if I had the game and there was a $2,000,000+ paycheck on the line I'd give it a go.