Classiest, most liked guy on tour?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be Scott. The ultimate nice guy, the looks, and the classy dress, though I hate the Uniqlo logo. He needs to go back to Ralph Lauren.

Its nice to see Adam wearing UNIQLO and endorsing essentially "budget" clothing as opposed to the absurdly expensive brands he used to wear such as Aquascutum and Burberry.

915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
712U 2I (DG S300)
714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)
TP5

One name that no one has mentioned is Nick Watney. I've never heard or read a bad word about him. Apparently, his nickname is Rube (after Rube Baker, the catcher in Major League II) because he's unfailingly polite.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

TaylorMade M2 2017 (16.5) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

PXG 0311 XP Gen3 (17) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Mizuno MP-53 (3-PW, 20-48) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM7 (54.10 S @ 53, 58.10 S @ 59) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Wedge 115

Edel McKenzie (34)

First a little background, I'm a highschooler who works as a caddie and a bagroom attendant/cartboy at Crooked Stick Golf Club, where the 2016 BMW Championship was. Since I was working, I got to see the players behind the scenes. A couple players that stood out to me were DJ, Paul Casey, and Brendan Steele. More specifically, after his round was finished on Sunday, I helped Brendan Steele pack up his clubs to be shipped. We had a nice conversation and he proceeded to tip me and give me a ball after. This was one event that really stood out from the week for me.

- Rosie

- Kaymer

- Fowler

- Kuchar

I don't pick:

- Mickelson (his "always smile" looks a bit fake to me)

Funny that you say that about Mickelson's fake smile, yet have Kuchar on your most classy list. It just irks me the way Kuch wanders around the course smiling like a lobotomy patient.

Plus Kuch gave that bizarre interview where he kept repeating that he would feel better if he could "punch Faldo in the back of the neck". Supposed to be funny, I guess. Weird sense of humor, I say.

Kuchars smile is not fake...neither is Forrest Gumps

He's a good guy,mans has the goofy smile permanently attached!

Joking aside, I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned MA Jimenez or Angel Cabrera yet.

I loved Cabrera trying to walk in on Berger a couple weeks ago as he was taking hours to putt out from 2 feet. He kept stepping up and then stopping with a look on his face. Watching him play when I was a kid at Torrey pines was awesome. He walked up to his hall in the rough, hit his cig one last time, pulled a club and stiffed it and picked up his cig and took another drag and walked away handing his club to his caddy. He didn't mess around. He was super classy in his defeat to Scott as well. I bet his English probably is a barrier to being tips on this list.

I watched Cabrera on the practice green at Houston last year. For a guy who doesn't speak much english he's pretty chatty, and seemed to be pretty popular. I've also watched Ken Duke on the practice green at Colonial a few times. He'll hit a putt, go find somebody to talk to for 10 minutes, hit another putt, talk to somebody else for 10 minutes. Also seems to be a popular guy.

Harold Varner III is developing a wonderful reputation amongst tour players and the media but that doesn't come as a surprise to me. He's from my hometown. Although I've never met Harold, those that know him speak very highly.

I've had interaction with Mark Hubbard several times during practice rounds at the Wells Fargo. He is a really cool guy.

I'm very impressed by the under 30 guys on tour. They're very polished and represent the game in an exemplary manner.

Tony Finau seems like a great kid.

First a little background, I'm a highschooler who works as a caddie and a bagroom attendant/cartboy at Crooked Stick Golf Club, where the 2016 BMW Championship was. Since I was working, I got to see the players behind the scenes. A couple players that stood out to me were DJ, Paul Casey, and Brendan Steele. More specifically, after his round was finished on Sunday, I helped Brendan Steele pack up his clubs to be shipped. We had a nice conversation and he proceeded to tip me and give me a ball after. This was one event that really stood out from the week for me.

That's awesome. Steele seems like a nice guy.

Joking aside, I'm a little surprised no one's mentioned MA Jimenez or Angel Cabrera yet.

I loved Cabrera trying to walk in on Berger a couple weeks ago as he was taking hours to putt out from 2 feet. He kept stepping up and then stopping with a look on his face. Watching him play when I was a kid at Torrey pines was awesome. He walked up to his hall in the rough, hit his cig one last time, pulled a club and stiffed it and picked up his cig and took another drag and walked away handing his club to his caddy. He didn't mess around. He was super classy in his defeat to Scott as well. I bet his English probably is a barrier to being tips on this list.

I watched Cabrera on the practice green at Houston last year. For a guy who doesn't speak much english he's pretty chatty, and seemed to be pretty popular. I've also watched Ken Duke on the practice green at Colonial a few times. He'll hit a putt, go find somebody to talk to for 10 minutes, hit another putt, talk to somebody else for 10 minutes. Also seems to be a popular guy.

Cabrera would be the guy I think I'd get along with the best. Looks like he enjoys some good food and drink and with the language barrier we wouldn't have to talk too much ; )

One name that no one has mentioned is Nick Watney. I've never heard or read a bad word about him. Apparently, his nickname is Rube (after Rube Baker, the catcher in Major League II) because he's unfailingly polite.

That's not the normal definition of a rube. Generally calling someone a rube is an insult.

PING G410 LST 9* - Aldila Tour Green ATX 65X
PING G410 14.5* - Aldila Tour Blue ATX 75X
PING G400 19* - Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85X
PING i210 4-U - Nippon Pro Modus 105X 
Vokey SM7 56 & 60 - DG S400
Spider X Chalk
Snell MTB-X

- Rosie

- Kaymer

- Fowler

- Kuchar

I don't pick:

Funny that you say that about Mickelson's fake smile, yet have Kuchar on your most classy list. It just irks me the way Kuch wanders around the course smiling like a lobotomy patient.

Plus Kuch gave that bizarre interview where he kept repeating that he would feel better if he could "punch Faldo in the back of the neck". Supposed to be funny, I guess. Weird sense of humor, I say.

Kuchars smile is not fake...

You sure about that?

After Roses showing at the Masters: What other guys do you pick for exemplary behaviour on and off the golf course?

I pick:

- Rosie

- Kaymer

- Fowler

- Kuchar

I don't pick:

- Spieth (don't like his antics on the course. Cursing, slow play, play-by-play on every shot)

- Bubba (Bubba being Bubba, no other reasons)

- Harrington

Seriously. I cringe every time I hear him say, "Dang it, Jordan!"

Man, I miss Tiger. True class, there.

Ping i25 9* Accra T60 M4
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Glide 2.0 58

likely be someone who has underachieved...makes a ton of money...and smiles all day to the bank.

Ryan Moore fits this description pretty well...not sure about the underachieved part, but he doesn't seem to get a lot of pub for the stuff he's done.

When we met him at the Doral thing a few years ago, he was so easy going and personable that it was weird. Just one of the guys.

McGirt was on the tee last week for the Opening Shot/Ceremony(per espn article)....11:15 tee time and made sure he was at the course and on the tee at 7:30 for Jack, Gary and to honor Arnold...also remember seeing him in the chapel at Arnold's service...not sure if he and Rickie were the only 2 out there on Thurs morning, but I sure hope there were more.

Rose Stricker Furyk Retief Louis Fowler

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Jesus Christ you can't go 20 minutes on a golf broadcast without hearing he world "class" or some variation thereof.

"Pure class", "all class", "classy", "classiest", "class-tastic", "class-master", "class-Diego", "class-hole", "class-me-ouhtsiiide", "shake that class, girl"...

I'm sick of the damn word. What does it even mean? To the OPs point though, Rose seems like a good dude. But I don't know him personally and it's tough to ascertain how "classy" someone is based off a handshake or pat on the back. What's the alternative? Kicking Sergio in the balls?

lol I bet your favorite toy in your youthful days was Mr, Potato Head.... :taunt:

[color=#4B0082]T[/color][color=#800080]our[/color][color=#4B0082] E[/color][color=#800080]xotics [/color][color=#FF0000]E [/color][color=#000000]10 [/color][color=#800080]15*[/color]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#ff0000"]Sri[/color][/font][color=#000000]xon 785's w/G P stnd. cord [/color]
[color=#0000CD]Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60[/color]
Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
[color=#006400]Oregon Ducks Bag[/color]
Eureka Ca. 

I don't post on the main Golfwrx Forum anymore because the diversity of the membership has undergone a drastic change from when it began. I have to say however that I am starting to enjoy this Newsletter. It appears that the comments submitted to this Newsletter are more in keeping with polite discussion and when there is disagreement, it tends to follow the "Agree to Disagree" resolution of conflict by individuals with a more polite demeanor. When you voice a different opinion from that of the writer of the subject matter, you are not angrily chastised for having a conflicting viewpoint.

With that said, in replying to Classiest, most liked guy on tour; Justin Rose, a "World Class Gentleman" gets my vote! His comments, especially with regard to his competitors, always sound totally and completely genuine and sincere. He is extremely well spoken and polite. He added to his classy reputation with his remarks after the tough loss to Sergio at this years Masters. :ok:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

No arguments with any of the picks here.

Rickie Fowler is as good a person as everyone seems to think. He and my daughter were very good friends in high school and i have met him a few times. The key to Rickie is his family upbringing.

His parents and grandparents are extremely nice humble salt of the earth types. Congratulations to them for raising a very famous, talented and even better human being.