2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Peter Alliss

idrive

I'm tired of this PC crap.

It's human nature for men to notice scantily clad women, and ALL women know this.

A man noticing a woman who is wearing a short skirt shouldn't be a crime.

Agree 100%. Some people act like Alliss called for her to be tied to a pillar and stoned. While in strict legal terms, there was no crime and no State punishment, people have been terminated, demoted, or passed over for advancement by their employer for similar, non-threatening speech. There are all sorts of protections from employers, afforded to employees. Perhaps it has gotten to the point where special protection needs to be extended to employee's rights to speech.

It's human nature for men to notice scantily clad women, and ALL women know this.

Agree 100%. Some people act like Alliss called for her to be tied to a pillar and stoned. While in strict legal terms, there was no crime and no State punishment, people have been terminated, demoted, or passed over for advancement by their employer for similar, non-threatening speech. There are all sorts of protections from employers, afforded to employees. Perhaps it has gotten to the point where special protection needs to be extended to employee's rights to speech.

What is an employee's "rights to speech", and why would a private company ever be restricted by them? Peter Alliss was representing his company when he made these comments - they should be allowed to have whatever reaction they see fit, from firing to ignoring.

And didn't you just accuse me of "ageism"? Not sure how that fits with being against political correctness.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more like Peter Alliss. Bordering on the beautiful I suppose.

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

Ok, so it's pretty obvious that Mr. Alliss got his feelings really hurt by a woman somewhere in his life and has never recovered. Maybe through divorce, or shunned by someone he had feelings for, or an over bearing mother, but it's quite obvious he's been butt-hurt by a women somewhere down the line.

Having recently gone through divorce, at the start many of my close buddies that have went through it rallied behind me and wanted to hang out and drink. That's cool now and then, but I like running, working out, hiking mountains,,,,etc. After a while their like hey why you working out and staying in shape, I simply said, because "I still like girls"!(I actually said something a little more crude but you can figure it out).

Point is there's dirt-bag men, and there's dirt-bag women. It doesn't mean they all are. Obviously Mr. Alliss can't let go of whatever happened to him in the past.

Ok, so it's pretty obvious that Mr. Alliss got his feelings really hurt by a woman somewhere in his life and has never recovered. Maybe through divorce, or shunned by someone he had feelings for, or an over bearing mother, but it's quite obvious he's been butt-hurt by a women somewhere down the line.

Having recently gone through divorce, at the start many of my close buddies that have went through it rallied behind me and wanted to hang out and drink. That's cool now and then, but I like running, working out, hiking mountains,,,,etc. After a while their like hey why you working out and staying in shape, I simply said, because "I still like girls"!(I actually said something a little more crude but you can figure it out).

Point is there's dirt-bag men, and there's dirt-bag women. It doesn't mean they all are. Obviously Mr. Alliss can't let go of whatever happened to him in the past.

because of a skirt comment or expressing that he dislikes a pushy women? nah... if asked he likely would say he dislikes a pushy man too... I have a father in law that takes the cake ( not in a good way) and i havent let it go one bit ... but i dont hate men.. lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What is an employee's "rights to speech", and why would a private company ever be restricted by them? Peter Alliss was representing his company when he made these comments - they should be allowed to have whatever reaction they see fit, from firing to ignoring.

And didn't you just accuse me of "ageism"? Not sure how that fits with being against political correctness.

When someone's comment uses an adult's age in a disparaging way, they are engaging in ageist remarks, are they not? Political correctness is something of a "moveable feast", it seems.

When someone's comment uses an adult's age in a disparaging way, they are engaging in ageist remarks, are they not? Political correctness is something of a "moveable feast", it seems.

My curiosity was over the fact that you claim to hate political correctness, but are extremely quick to be offended by something very minor. Always amazes me to see people complain about how easily others are offended, then turn around and immediately do the same.

His comments read like he's a good old boy... you know the type, the Brent musbergers of the world. The creepy old guys who are out of touch with today.

Right or wrong, that type of verbiage will never fly in 2017.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

The newest joke.. or it least it should be.

In case you missed it Peter Alliss is being criticized for his comments.

Each to his own but I find this rather insulting than a man can't have an opinion without

being raked over the coals for it. Curious how many find this insulting, poor taste.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. Obviously some do.

"Outraged" Seriously? What is this world coming to.

http://www.msn.com/e...IXGq?li=BBnba9I

keep your knickers on, he thought he was off mic when comments were made. Love the old guy!!

Did you bother to read or comprehend my post?

Nice Putt, Alice!

Say you're playing in a foursome with three of your buddies, when one of them lines up a putt, takes his stroke ... and doesn't even get the ball to the hole. What do you say?

Well, one possibility is, "hit it, Alice!" Another is, "nice putt, Alice!"

The derogatory "Alice" statement has been part of golf for decades. But who is Alice? And what did she do to get immortalized in a golf insult that frequently follows a putt that is left short?

Contrary to one frequently offered explanation, this "Alice" has nothing to do with the Jackie Gleason sitcom 'The Honeymooners'. Gleason was a golf fanatic, and his character on the show, Ralph Kramden, played golf, too. Ralph's wife was named Alice. It's a good guess, but the phrase does not refer to Alice Kramden.

It turns out that "Alice" isn't a she at all. "Alice" is a he, and it's not "Alice," it's "Alliss." As in Peter Alliss. Peter Alliss is the famous English golf broadcaster, the voice of golf on the BBC for decades. But before he became internationally famous as a broadcaster, Alliss was famous in Britain and Europe as a touring pro. And a pretty good one, too: Alliss won 21 times on the precursor to the European Tour and played on eight Ryder Cup teams.

At the 1963 Ryder Cup in Atlanta, Alliss played Arnold Palmer and Tony Lema in back-to-back singles matches and won 1.5 points, halving with Lema and beating Palmer.

At some point during his match against Palmer, Alliss - for whom putting was not a strength - badly missed a 3-foot putt. Someone in the gallery yelled out, "Nice putt, Alliss!"

Alliss described that moment in a brief article in a 1997 issue of Sports Illustrated, and explained how the phrase became part of the golf lexicon: "The BBC, for whom I now do golf commentary, played a large part in burning the phrase into the public consciousness. I was never renowned for my putting and therefore was an easy - and frequent - target for the many comedy programs on the "Beeb," where great humor was found in such knee-slappers as "That girl Alliss sure hits it a long way."

So BBC programs of the early to mid-1960s liked to get punny with Alliss' name and its homonym, the female
moniker
Alice. Ah, that good ol' golf humor: questioning a man's, well, manliness for leaving a putt short by calling him a woman's name. They did it in the 1960s and they - ahem, we still do it today.
Except that today, most golfers - most of those outside of Britain, anyway - have no idea that "Alice" is actually Peter Alliss.

But now you do...
[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

I was playing a round with three women a few years ago. On one hole I left a putt short, and said something like "nice putt Alice". I asked the women what they said when they left a putt short, one of them piped up and said "p***y"

I can attest to this. Alot of the women members at my club are super competitive and salty mouthed but super mild mannered in and around the clubhouse. Ive played with a bunch of them and have been called a "p***y" several times. My favorite time was when i played a par 4 from their tees and it was like 265 and i drove the green and had 40 feet for eagle. I left it like 6-7 feet short and got killed by them, the best one was" next time put down your purse when youre putting Nancy" the other one was " even your wife doesnt like it that soft" I wont lie it cut right through me and i couldnt stop giggling.

I was playing a round with three women a few years ago. On one hole I left a putt short, and said something like "nice putt Alice". I asked the women what they said when they left a putt short, one of them piped up and said "p***y"

I can attest to this. Alot of the women members at my club are super competitive and salty mouthed but super mild mannered in and around the clubhouse. Ive played with a bunch of them and have been called a "p***y" several times. My favorite time was when i played a par 4 from their tees and it was like 265 and i drove the green and had 40 feet for eagle. I left it like 6-7 feet short and got killed by them, the best one was" next time put down your purse when youre putting Nancy" the other one was " even your wife doesnt like it that soft" I wont lie it cut right through me and i couldnt stop giggling.

Yeah, I laughed pretty hard as well when she said that. Good story!

The newest joke.. or it least it should be.

In case you missed it Peter Alliss is being criticized for his comments.

Each to his own but I find this rather insulting than a man can't have an opinion without

being raked over the coals for it. Curious how many find this insulting, poor taste.

I see nothing wrong with what he said. Obviously some do.

"Outraged" Seriously? What is this world coming to.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/fans-outraged-after-commentator%e2%80%99s-lewd-remark-about-sergio-garcia%e2%80%99s-fiancee/ar-BBzIXGq?li=BBnba9I

Peters best (deliberate, remember, he's a crafty one) was years ago as Jay Hasse was completing a round on the last green

"..so Hass holes out on 18" - did I laugh :)