2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

PXG 0317 Hybrid feedback

Gareth

Any owners with feedback for the PXG 0317 here please?

Looking at potentially adding one to my bag but as they are very difficult to find/try over here in the UK I'd like to get a bit of feel for them from current (or past) owners first please.

Also can anyone recommend any re-sellers that will ship to the UK as well? (helps to avoid looking at eBay!)

Thank you.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any owners with feedback for the PXG 0317 here please?

Looking at potentially adding one to my bag but as they are very difficult to find/try over here in the UK I'd like to get a bit of feel for them from current (or past) owners first please.

Also can anyone recommend any re-sellers that will ship to the UK as well? (helps to avoid looking at eBay!)

Thank you.

Gareth, I believe they have a tour van and a rep in your area as I know for sure that they have a rep office in London. Kindly contact them and work out a fitting session with them. As I discovered from my last trip to Scottsdale, Arizona... it is not so much of the PXG products that they are selling, it is also the whole experience. I had a chance to talk and chat with some of their staffs and I was impressed with their knowledge and their enthusiasm. Only then I realized that by buying online (eBay and BST and the likes) we actually miss the whole 'PXG experience' as they call it.

Also, the way they fit was just different. Not only they fit you based on the best according to the launch monitor or the longest combo that you hit that day, they also paid much attention to the details to a point where they actually locate the whole hour just for driver fitting. They spent time to try the weight setting in many configurations to get the optimum ball flight out of me.

But that's just me, though. I understand different people have different preference and point of view.

I've always had a hate/hate relationship with hybrids, I hate them and they hate me but they are easier than a 2 iron and I don't like 5 woods. I have gone through so many hybrids over the years, I've lost count, just looking for one that I could hit the distance I want and keep it on the golf course. I looked at the reviews and read up a lot on what people who had them had to say and it started to peak my interest, but of course cost and finding a fitter made it seem unlikely. Two months ago I go and visit a friend out in Cali and we play in a scramble tournament while I'm out there with one of his fellow members and that guys brother who just happened to be a PXG rep. So I finally had a chance to hit any of the clubs I wanted, including the hybrid....it did not disappoint.

I hit a handful of balls on the range with it and then a couple out on the course and I told him to place the order when he got home, I went with the same set up he had. I struggle with the lefts with the hybrid and we had it set up with the fade bias weighting and its standard lie is around the flat side of most others but the adapter allows me to go up to 3* flat which is where I have it set and I have never had this much confidence in a hybrid. It feels great, good mid trajectory, doesn't have excessive spin like I had with the Titleist 915. When PXG first came out, I kind of laughed at the idea of the clubs and their price and while I still think they can be a little on ridiculous side, this hybrid was worth the money to me. Highly recommend at least trying one if you can, even if you bought one without going through the fitting experience, they are pretty easier to adjust and tinker with.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Ventus Blue TR 6X

3 Wood: Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/Ventus Blue TR 7x

5 Wood: Titleist TSi2 18* w/Aldila Rogue White 130 80 TX

Irons: Titleist T-200 3 iron w/Ventus Black 9TX

Titleist T-150 4-PW w/Project X 6.5

Wedges: SM9 Raw 52F & SM9 58T grind w/Project X 6.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5

Never far away: Custom Slighter Tacoma

Adam, that was a very real life scenario of a review for me. You've peaked my interest as well.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

After hitting a vast quantity of irons and shaft combos at club champion, I was really torn between the JPX 900 forged, EPON 303, and the PXG 0311. I just don't flush the ball like I used to and the added forgiveness but with still a nice feel really peaked my interest in the 0311. However, I had to see my ball flight before purchasing these (or really any club). I just recently visited a Master Fitter for PXG and as stated above, the experience was great. Such a better fitting experience than my club champion. He wasn't really trying to sell anything and within a few swings, he had a perfect shaft combo picked out for me. Sprung for the irons, and while I know expensive, figured I would try and see how they really perform on the course the decide whether to sell and go with something else.

However, I did hit the new 0317x 19 degree, and this will be staying in the bag for some time I believe, even if I sell the irons. I've played adams pro hybrids and recently the srixon h45 and really love both of these but each has a few issues for me and my swing. That being said, I was completely impressed and blown away by the 0317x (didn't hit the 0317). Baby fades, straight, high, low, my normal slight draw, all were just an ease with this club. I wasn't thinking I would be as impressed, but I have to say that the hybrid is probably the best club of the lineup from what I have hit (can discuss the 3w, again impressive but haven't tried any other new FW and honestly didn't like the driver (all 3 models). Try to find the fitter as mentioned above, well versed, and really take into account more than just numbers, which I liked. Again, we know they are expensive, and if I had a fitter near me that wasn't upcharging every stock shaft than I would enjoy looking at more options, but I just haven't found or heard of anyone around my area (although a massively large metropolitan area) that I could trust wasn't just trying to make an extra buck.

Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
Betti BB53C counterbalanced

Adam, that was a very real life scenario of a review for me. You've peaked my interest as well.

Just trying to help and explain how the whole process went with me. I got lucky being able to play with a rep and try his stuff out. Without that its doubtful I would have convinced myself to drive several hours to seek out a fitter. A lot of people comment it looks just like a Ping which is true cause he hired a bunch of their designer's but I tried a Ping hybrid as well and there is no comparison at all. The PXG just flat out performs and if you struggle with the left's with a hybrid, its one to check out. Not saying I still wont hit one left but it comes from a bad swing as opposed to in the past I would put a good swing on the ball and just watch high hooks.

Its worth it to at least try and find one to check out and hit if you can.

After hitting a vast quantity of irons and shaft combos at club champion, I was really torn between the JPX 900 forged, EPON 303, and the PXG 0311. I just don't flush the ball like I used to and the added forgiveness but with still a nice feel really peaked my interest in the 0311. However, I had to see my ball flight before purchasing these (or really any club). I just recently visited a Master Fitter for PXG and as stated above, the experience was great. Such a better fitting experience than my club champion. He wasn't really trying to sell anything and within a few swings, he had a perfect shaft combo picked out for me. Sprung for the irons, and while I know expensive, figured I would try and see how they really perform on the course the decide whether to sell and go with something else.

However, I did hit the new 0317x 19 degree, and this will be staying in the bag for some time I believe, even if I sell the irons. I've played adams pro hybrids and recently the srixon h45 and really love both of these but each has a few issues for me and my swing. That being said, I was completely impressed and blown away by the 0317x (didn't hit the 0317). Baby fades, straight, high, low, my normal slight draw, all were just an ease with this club. I wasn't thinking I would be as impressed, but I have to say that the hybrid is probably the best club of the lineup from what I have hit (can discuss the 3w, again impressive but haven't tried any other new FW and honestly didn't like the driver (all 3 models). Try to find the fitter as mentioned above, well versed, and really take into account more than just numbers, which I liked. Again, we know they are expensive, and if I had a fitter near me that wasn't upcharging every stock shaft than I would enjoy looking at more options, but I just haven't found or heard of anyone around my area (although a massively large metropolitan area) that I could trust wasn't just trying to make an extra buck.

I didn't get a chance to hit the new 0317x hybrid, he told me while we were playing that a new lineup was coming but it would be more expensive than the current one. He said it would spin less than the 0317 model. I figured I wouldn't have this chance again and I really liked the 0317 so I just went what I knew. Wouldn't mind trying the 0317x out but I am more than happy with what I got.