Goofiest, Most Delusional Golfer Played With

Playing for work; I actually saw a Hammer X in a bag

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0
All woods & 2i hot melted, GP Tour Velvet . 580 Ping Hoofer 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this new guy joined up at my club and he was the worst.   My first experience with him I didn't actually play with him but he was in the group behind me. Before we even go off he was making a scen

This is the best story I have, not delusional but cheater that got what he had coming. Through work I managed to score a spot in a tournament run by one of our suppliers. It was a pretty decent affair (flown to course, free accomodation, food etc) including a round at a very nice resort course here in New Zealand. There was an 18 hole strokeplay tournament and the prize for the top 3 guys was they got to play in the companies team for pro am of our national open on the Wednesday before the event, so pretty decent stakes.

The weather was a bit crappy, intermittent drizzle although no wind, so it was tricky conditions. We were playing off the blue tees (one down from the tips), so the course was challenging. I was in a group of two hackers and Vinnie. We were both playing off the same handicap which I think was 20. I'd only been playing for about a year and hadn't played in anything like this before so was a bit nervous. Vinnie was dressed up in his loudmouth pants and all the rest so looked like a real pro. Get going and I play ok, pretty sure I had a 45 on the front and was pretty happy with that. We are tallying up our scores on the 10th tee and I ask the other guys what they had, they were way more (both hackers just in for a good day, who worked for the company so couldn't win the prize). I knew I had easily played the best out of the four so when I heard Vinnie say he had 44 I started to watch him a bit more closely. I hadn't been counting his scores very closely but know I bet him on most holes.

Get down to the 15th and he has his worst tee shot of the day. Big slice over into the jungle, knee to waist high wet grass. I was pretty sure he wouldn't find it. But somehow he does and he tries to hit it. I'm 100 feet away and can see he duffed the first, duffed the second and then just starts a big windmill having 5 or 6 shots to eventually get out. I'm on the green for 3 with about 4 feet for par and feeling pretty confident for making it. He putts out and as I go to replace my ball I ask him what he had (knowing I counted at least 10 or 11), he said double bogey. Knowing this is b/s my internal rage started up and I was so annoyed that I miss my putt, grr.

I was trying to work out what to do for the rest of the round and debated if I should call him out or leave it be. I'm too scared to make a deal over it so pray that three guys shoot better than he does so he doesn't win anything. At the end of the round I tally my score up and under the conditions was pretty happy with a nett 73. I knew I would be unlikely to get a prize though. Unfortunately he tells me he had a 69, so I was pretty sure he would get in. We get to the prizegiving and they read out the three winners, all on scores of 71. I see him and he is wondering what is going on. So he goes and talks to the guy organising it and asks what the story is. He shows him his score card and says he didn't sign it or fill it out properly. He just tallied the score up at the bottom and then gave it in. Normally I would say he has a pretty decent point to ask to fill it in properly but for once justice was served. I saw him a few months later at another course and he was still going on about it, haha.

You win. Did you call the local asylum?

Brings up a funny story. Haven't played there in 15 years but there's a course in Massillon OH called the Legends of Massillon. Pretty nice public course at that time, top 2-3 within an hour drive for me anyways. Hit a drive on the back nine that had a high fence border the left side. Had a guy on the other side of the fence approach us with baggies filled with balls trying to sell us a dozen for five bucks. I politely declined since I was walking and had all the balls I needed and didn't want to add any weight, heck I don't even know if I had any cash on me anyways. This guy proceeds to lose his mind on us and calls us every name in the book screaming at the top of his lungs. He follows up along the fence as far as he can still screaming and hollering. Wow.

Anyways, finish the round and stop in the golf shop and the pro asked how the round went. We told him that we enjoyed the course but did tell him about the incident with the screaming fella. The Pro kind of chuckled and said "I see you met Lenny, he's a resident there. It's an asylum-I'd suggest you bring 5 bucks with you next time, it keeps everyone happy". You can bet I never played that course again without an extra fiver in my pocket, if for no other reason than to bring some comfort for that poor fella. I never did see him out again despite playing there almost weekly for a couple years.

Got paired up with a guy at a pretty nice course that was an hour away from my house and fairly expensive green fee. He seemed ok at first but was the definition of a hacker, which I dont care about as long as your pace is ok. We barely get through the front in 2.5 hours as a two ball and start the back 9. Keep in mind he's getting after me and hurrying me along while he is lining up 3 footers for triple.

I didn't understand why he was rushing me so much until we get to the 13th tee (literally like two miles from the clubhouse) and says he needs to be home by X time and we have to drive in. The course is packed so I can't just regain our place and I had a nice round going. I suggested he call the shop and send someone to get him but they wouldn't oblige, I then suggested he could walk in which he threw a fit at (you aren't allowed to walk to course because the distance from tee to green is very long or I would've just carried the last 6 holes. I said so I have to interrupt my round because you neglected to inform me you had to leave? He basically nodded and said yes in a jerky manner.

You'd think if you get paired up with a random person paying $100/round you would at least mention at the turn that you need to leave before driving to the end of the course. I finally said whatever and we drove in, as I went back to go find my gap it was gone. This guy was beyond delusional for thinking that my time wasn't as valuable as his. Big jerk move on his part IMO. The shop guy wasn't much more help either basically not giving me a 9 hole raincheck, needless to say I will not be back.

Wow...you had every right to be seriously annoyed. The guy should have quit at the turn....he screwed up your good round and wasted your money and then it sounds like the guys in the proshop were jerks for not getting the fact you were put in an impossible situation....like I've said before it's not just one factor contributing to people leaving the game it's all this other surreal shake your head stuff that goes on. I'm tempted to go out as a single on many weekends and it always works out when I do and get paired with good guys and have fun but mostly I don't because I have a regular group and I'll just go to the range until they free up a weekend or we get nice weather.

Got paired up with a guy at a pretty nice course that was an hour away from my house and fairly expensive green fee. He seemed ok at first but was the definition of a hacker, which I dont care about as long as your pace is ok. We barely get through the front in 2.5 hours as a two ball and start the back 9. Keep in mind he's getting after me and hurrying me along while he is lining up 3 footers for triple.

I didn't understand why he was rushing me so much until we get to the 13th tee (literally like two miles from the clubhouse) and says he needs to be home by X time and we have to drive in. The course is packed so I can't just regain our place and I had a nice round going. I suggested he call the shop and send someone to get him but they wouldn't oblige, I then suggested he could walk in which he threw a fit at (you aren't allowed to walk to course because the distance from tee to green is very long or I would've just carried the last 6 holes. I said so I have to interrupt my round because you neglected to inform me you had to leave? He basically nodded and said yes in a jerky manner.

You'd think if you get paired up with a random person paying $100/round you would at least mention at the turn that you need to leave before driving to the end of the course. I finally said whatever and we drove in, as I went back to go find my gap it was gone. This guy was beyond delusional for thinking that my time wasn't as valuable as his. Big jerk move on his part IMO. The shop guy wasn't much more help either basically not giving me a 9 hole raincheck, needless to say I will not be back.

You are much nicer than me. There is zero chance that I'd have drove him back in that situation. None. Good on you for doing it, but were I in that exact situation I'd have calmly unstrapped his bag, gently placed it down, and drove off. As grumpy as he'd have gotten im pretty sure I'd have been even grumpier, which would have no doubt ruined my round anyways but at least I'd have had the satisfaction of watching that a**hat humping his bag two miles back. It's at this point where I'll always point out that I'm pretty much immune from threats of violence were they to be levied at me from this jerk. I look more like a silverback than a human man so it's few and far between that I find anyone that feels froggy enough to even remotely suggest that they'll use physical violence against me, so that no doubt factors into the way I'd handle this and may not apply to everyone. That said I never would ever want it to come to something like that but his dumbasstitude should be his problem, not yours.

That said, why the course wouldn't send someone to pick him up at that point is a head scratcher. I might have just used the play of "oh yeah, they said someone will be right out to pick you up, sir! Anything else I can do for you, sir!? Would you like me order you up a sammich for them to bring when they pick you up, sir!!? I requested that they bring out the Lexus cart, sir!!! Lol.

got paired up with this guy as single once and he claimed to be a great golfer typically shooting in the 80's and sometimes even in the 70's. He was having a terrible day and I had to hear about it on every shot. Would get pissed after every bad drive. Signaling he was going to smash his driver against the floor. Well after we played a par 5 he cards a double bogey and is furiated by this. He is like there is no chance I can come back and score decently after a double bogey on a par 5. He says a double bogey on a par 3, I can come back from but a par 5 you can't. The reasoning was that 7 strokes on a par 5 hurts the score much worse than 5 strokes on a par 3. This is after he lectured me about people not having an education. I just smiled and let him believe what he wanted to believe. Not a math guy I guess.

got paired up with this guy as single once and he claimed to be a great golfer typically shooting in the 80's and sometimes even in the 70's. He was having a terrible day and I had to hear about it on every shot. Would get pissed after every bad drive. Signaling he was going to smash his driver against the floor. Well after we played a par 5 he cards a double bogey and is furiated by this. He is like there is no chance I can come back and score decently after a double bogey on a par 5. He says a double bogey on a par 3, I can come back from but a par 5 you can't. The reasoning was that 7 strokes on a par 5 hurts the score much worse than 5 strokes on a par 3. This is after he lectured me about people not having an education. I just smiled and let him believe what he wanted to believe. Not a math guy I guess.

Musta went to TSUN. Those folk will brag about their skightly larger than average casa, yet not have the god given intelligence to tell why that inferior cesspool is better than the average shoe. I don't not un-get it?

You win. Did you call the local asylum?

I saw one in a bag at the Omni Resort on Amelia Island. Blew my mind. As I recall the guy had the associated putter as well.

Wait?? What??? There's an "associated " putter? Why? I will not sleep well tonight. Thanks.

On Amelia , now that's interesting , I had taken these folks to a local country club, which they matched their scores with adult beverages. Client golf can be challenging

Associated putter , 100% missed that , BOOOOOOOM

Driver 9* Titleist Tsi3 BLK 6x tipped 1”  45.5” C2 3w Tsi3 15* B1 Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”2i 19.5* T-MB AD DI 105x (Tipped 2.5”)  Sans 2i R15 5w Fit on Pro 95XX (tipped 2.5”)Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) Tour Issue X100s (HSx1) lie angle 620mb std specs + .25 to .5” Vokey Wedge Works Sm8 D grind 54(@53*) bounce 12* | custom grind leading edge relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63* Sm8 K grind 58(@59*) low bounce 6* | custom grind heel relief w/ Nippon 125 x + 1” lie angle 63 | Bettinardi BB8 tri sole - 70* Lie angle 2* of loft Super Stroke GT 1.0

I seen a golfer a year back playing in Rickie Fowler Orange, from head to toe. You could see him from a mile away glowing in the middle of the sunny afternoon. I often wonder what motivates some people to emulate other famous people in such a ridiculous fashion. I don't know if anybody could stand looking at themselves in the mirror dressed like he was, it was a pathetic example of how far somebody will go to be somebody important.

Here's a quick n costly one...

5 years ago my company hired a guy to be a Program Manager for a large IT implementation we were about to undertake. Meet the guy on the first day, he's heard I like to play and that's the majority of our chat, turns out our games are very "similar", I'll have to give him a couple strokes but we can have a good match sometime when we play, his game is really coming into form, most of his rounds are in the high 70s low 80s. Perfect I say. A few months in we get our first opportunity to play together, company sponsored a lovely event and we're playing Old Palm, a fantastic track in PBG. First, he shows up dressed like Samuel L Jackson, white pants, pink shirt, drivers cap, the whole nine yards (middle aged, overweight balding white guy, not nearly as cool as SJ!) and he's telling our caddy how great he's been playing and so forth. We get to the first tee and he proceeds to hit 4 golf balls. Two cold tops (one ball actually went into the ground an inch in front of the tee, we could barely get it out) a 75 yard towering slice and a pull hook OB. Never in my life have I seen anything like it. The round goes as expected, he counts about 60% of his strokes, and he's flat out bad.

When I get back to the office the next day, I'm rehashing the experience with my boss and I tell him "we are entrusting this guy with a major initiative for our company, high profile and value, and I don't trust him one bit" I get a bit of a smirk and eye roll when I start talking about the sanctity of the game and honor and all that...to many, golf is an avenue to have some beers and a laugh with friends, and I try not to overemphasize the pure nature of the game but 4 hours and 18 holes will say a lot about a person. I ended up playing a few more times with him, each with the same result.

The kicker...his scorecard in golf and for the project were nearly identical. Convenient memory loss on the misses, over playing the good, flat out ignoring the bad and it cost us $40mm and 4 years of lost time when we pulled the plug.

I hope your boss is reading this.

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Used to play high school. When I was a junior, the guy who had the number 1 spot on the team was a senior. This guy thought he was Tiger through and through. Titleist MBs with X100s, X100 steel shaft in his 3 wood, all the equipment he shouldn't be playing.

We had a practice round one day and played 9. He wasn't playing particularly well that day. Wanted to blame his errant drives on everyone else. On the 4th or 5th hole or so, he goes to hit his tee shot. I was a ways back behind the tee box getting ready but tried to stop moving when he went to tee off. Wildly slices his drive. Then suddenly looks at the 3 of us and goes "Who took off their glove during my swing?? :velcro noise:" Nobody did.

Few years later I met him at the local golf range. He had this really weird, short swing with a super strong grip which is completely different than how he played in high school. His shots were borderline duck hooks to the left side of the range. "yeah I'm making some swing changes. It's been a long time coming. working on some baby draws" ...........it sure has...

---------------------------

WITB 2020

?

Perfect topic for my first post after much trolling! Since my golf league is beginning next week, this morning some of my coworkers and I were reminiscing about last year and talking about the upcoming season. One guy, who was new to the league last year, was the hot topic for his shenanigans. Ill start by saying this is a 9 hole league on easy, short courses. The skill levels range slightly but the majority of us are your average type golfer (capable of decent rounds and capable of disastrous rounds just as well). This particular guy was a late replacement for a guy experiencing medical problems. He shows up first round last year and is "that guy". Flashy and loud in every way possible. Comes screaming into the parking lot in his yellow sportscar convertible with the beach boys blasting, tour bag embroidered with his name in the passenger seat, every club is brand new, playing tour balls, and talking about being a "single digit". I had the misfortune of being in his group for the first round. On the first tee, after he felt he had shared enough self appreciating stories with us, he tees it up and whiffs! He quickly recovers and plays it off as a practice swing. Next swing he nearly misses again but does make contact off the toe sending his drive about 35 yards and waaay right. Of course, according to him, he has never done that before. At this point, Im giving him the benefit of the doubt since its the first round of the year and he could be nervous playing with guys he doesnt really know all that well. Anyway, 61 shots (by his loose count) for 9 holes later the pain was over and it was off to the 19th hole. There, he proceeds to tell everyone he was just off today and will be back down to a "single digit cap" by July. His low round for the year (9 hole score) was 58 (again, very likely a loose count since by that point his playing partners were encouraging him to move the ball from behind trees etc just to get off the course!).

This is a common thread in all these stories. The guy brags about how good he is before he even plays with you. It seems like he'd keep his mouth shut or talk about the weather or the kids. Why would a human being set himself up to lose so much face? He knows his crappy game. If you're going to talk the scratch handicap stuff and you can't break 90 just don't ever play with those you're bragging to... but always dress the part.

At this point and time they go to remove him from the tee and the tournament. Not being happy with being pulled away he proceeds to throw the driver at one of the people running the drive for charity then throws up the hot dog and beer all over the tee box. Needless to say he was removed from the tournament. I can't say I have ever had anything more odd happen on a course!

If your ball lands in vomit do you have to play it as it lies or do you get a free drop closest to the nearest toilet?

Playeing at my home course

Kid comes up on the tee after complaining the course wouldn't let him pay the junior rate even though he's 23

(I'm 20 at the time and a member )

Around the fourth hole me and a friend ask what he does

He said just saving up money for q school

I didn't play well that day probally shot 76 or so (d2 golfer ) and beat this kid by 25 shots

Can not believe he was thinking about spending the 5 grand on q school

This happens quite often. I played several rounds at championsgate 3 years ago in the fall in orlando then a few at orange county national. I played with several "pros" saying exactly that and barely breaking 80. I shot 74 with 3 doubles in my first round off the plane shot par on my second 18 of the day and the guy i was playing with said hes practicing for q school shot 78-79 riding a cart no less. He asked me why I wasnt trying to go to q school, I said i just do mini tours and work at a local course and that ship sailed for me. A great instructor in the orlando area is Brad Brewer, he has stories like this galore. Hes been featured on the golf channel. Ive witnessed him giving lessons to guys saying these things and his face goes pale because he knows its not even remotely possible that they even sniff getting there. He literally says burn your money its better spent. Its hard to hear sometimes though. Some of these guys cant pass their PAT but they have this unshakable idea in their head that theyre better than they are. Im all for chasing the dream but reality has to kick in at some point

I think what happens is that these guys hit a few "tour-pro-like" shots every round and imagine they can get their entire game to look like that through lots of practice. We're all optimistic. More so than realistic.

Division III College Golf in 1992--Playing in a regular season tournament, I'm a senior playing in a three-some with two other guys from other schools. One of my group-mates is a freshman, let's call him Dave, a very nice kid who I could tell he was a bit nervous and a bit overwhelmed by the whole experience. The other player, let's call him Bob, was maybe a junior with whom I had not played before and who turned out to be the subject of this tale

We tee off and right from the first shot, Bob starts bitching and moaning about his tee shot. He continues complaining about every shot he hits for the next 2-3 holes, swearing and cursing and bitching and moaning nearly the entire time. I had learned how not to notice this behavior but I could see very clearly it was really affecting Dave, the freshman, in a very bad way.

So on #4 tee, Bob the Bitcher hits another shot and starts his usual nonsense and I decide I have had enough. So I stop him on the tee after we all had hit, looked him in the eye, and calmly said to him, "Look buddy...I don't care how bad you're playing. Shut. The. F#%&. Up."

Bob didn't say another word the rest of the round.

Dave the freshman, after our round when we were shaking hands, stopped to say to me, "Thanks for doing that with that guy. He was really getting to me." I told him, "Dave...you can do exactly the same thing whenever you come across a moron like that. NEVER let another guy's bad behavior out here get to you."

Moral of the story: Sometimes, you must call out a dumb player's behavior for your or your playing partner's sanity.

Adams 9015d: 9.5*, Prolaunch Red X, 45"
Titleist 915Fd: 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 110 X, 42.5", Set to 16*
Titliest 816 H1: 19*, Speeder Tour 8.8 X, 40.5", Set to 20*
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-P; Project X 6.0; Std Lofts and Lies
Cleveland 588: 51*, 55*, 59*, DG S-400
Ping Anser 3: 35" with Winn Midsize Pistol grip
Winn Excel Wrap midsize grips

I usually do not have to play with other golfers or for that matter get to play with others due to my job and the small rural country club I golf at but a few weekends ago one of the first rounds of the year I got to play with quite the gentlemen.

A little reference, our back nine is very tight and our course in general is not too long (about 6200?) so the best play for me is almost always to hit my 23* UDI off the tee. I played this way for the first 6 holes and was hitting fairways well and apparently really impressing these two guys. This one guy claimed he could only hit forged blades due to his swing type (whatever that may have been) and that although they weren't great that him and his buddy had world class short games. World class? I don't mean to sound like the PGA pro as i am far from it but duffing half a dozen chips and pitches is hardly world class in my books. These guys finally made me laugh out loud as we got to the 16th par 5.

I finally took out my driver for the first hole and they were more than a little excited and they told me why. These guys seemed to think I was the next Tiger Woods. The younger of the two, Mr Forged Blades Only, seriously asked me, "You must be able to hit youre driver, what, 400 yards?". I said not quite haha. They seemed to think my 4 iron went about 300 yards...

I would guess my 4 iron went about 210 off the tee and a good drive for me is 270-280. With this guy thinking I hit the ball 400 i wonder what he thinks and tells people he hits it? 350? Maybe this is where most WRX'ers get their numbers from...

ALL golfers would be humbled if they used a simple phone app to measure their drives. On that note, do you know anyone who consistently under-estimates the length of their drives?

Had a guy on my high school golf team that would tell girls that UCLA, Texas, Wake etc..... were recruiting him to play golf. Not a bad player, played # 5 and could break 80. These girls did not know any better and word got out. Did not stop him from his tales.

at least he could break 80

and, when I was in high school, telling someone that you were on the golf team wasn't really the best way to get girls interested in you

Hey, I played on my high school golf team. Had a letter sweater to prove it. A girl on the school bus asked if she could wear it.

Had a guy on my high school golf team that would tell girls that UCLA, Texas, Wake etc..... were recruiting him to play golf. Not a bad player, played # 5 and could break 80. These girls did not know any better and word got out. Did not stop him from his tales.

and, when I was in high school, telling someone that you were on the golf team wasn't really the best way to get girls interested in you

Hey, I played on my high school golf team. Had a letter sweater to prove it. A girl on the school bus asked if she could wear it.

Somewhere on a womans forum this post was just made in the thread "Most absurd thing you've done to get warm"

"This one time in high school on the bus I was so cold I wore some nerds golf letter sweater. While it helped me warm up that one time, having to deal with him talking to me for the rest of the year on the bus rides about his 300yd bombs from the deck with his 3w was not worth it."

I just thought of another character from my club. Forced retirement, has a lot of time on his hands and is a little OCD

Prior to a year ending Tip & Tuck event at an away he sent a 4 page "manifesto" to his group detailing their game plan for the round. It was the wildest thing I have read and I wish I still had a copy to share

It covered the following:

- cart partners

- prevailing wind direction by hole

- ideal putt location to leave approach shot

- gear to bring for weather possibilities

- clothing colors, team uniforms

- cash to bring

- meeting time for car pooling

- meeting time at course

- liquor and beer shopping list

- side betting strategies for teams and for overall event

- where to park in parking lot

- time and location of first caesers

- who would go first off the tee in order for all 4 players ... by hole. For par 3, 4 and 5's

- who hits into greens and in what order

- putting order by hole

- chipping order

- what holes to expect to birdie

- eagle opportunities if pro hits a good drive

- what holes to do beers on and shots on

- playoff strategy if need be

Oh, the memory of this document is making me chuckle

34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

My wife's dad was the same way, and it got more intense as he got older. He'd easily knock out 10+ pages of detail for a family gathering that could equally be summed up as 'rent a place on the lake and relax for a week.' And this was back in the typewriter days too. When he got really old he branched out into more of the manifesto-type stuff about what he believed was true in the world and so forth. Great guy, and achieved some remarkable things, but kooky, and absolutely OCD, for sure.

I have a friend like this as well, great to get the planning aspects of the trip done, but can be a bit overboard in describing what to expect to first timers to the group.

This thread is awesome because it addresses not just the delusional golfer. It puts a spotlight on all those throughout all human endeavors who proclaim their own greatness and yet, who are not, um, good. From the workplace, to the greens, to the local sewing circle, to the local fishing buddies, you will encounter those who think they are awesome when in fact not so much...the human condition...ego

... to the Oval Office...

Was reminded of another occasion this morning. Buddy and I show up and get paired with some young guys. Top of the line drivers and irons, etc...

"How are you? do you mind if we play from the tips?" Sure- no problem, we'll stick with the whites.

First hole- they march back and both hit toppers just short of the red tees. Breakfast balls both go wiiiiiide right. NEXT ones find the rough on either side. "really got a hold of that one" one says.

I tee up and hit one right down the pipe further than the difference between the tips and the whites.

After about the third hole I caught on to their games. They finally were hitting some fairways and swinging out of their shoes on every drive. (but I was still out pacing their drives.. and in play)

All they wanted to do was to hit it as far as possible. After that, absolutely no game at all. Irons topped, shanked, chunked, thinned... just running out the clock so to speak until they could get to the next tee and hit 2 or 3 until they found a fairway. They might get a hold of one and stripe it down the middle and it was a "brofest" between them. then I would get up and hit mine well past them (as I said- more than the difference between tees) and they would calm down a bit. So, in essence, they paid almost $100 to lose 2 dozen balls and not keep score and be shown up by a guy playing a 4 year old driver... <shrug>

Was reminded of another occasion this morning. Buddy and I show up and get paired with some young guys. Top of the line drivers and irons, etc...

"How are you? do you mind if we play from the tips?" Sure- no problem, we'll stick with the whites.

First hole- they march back and both hit toppers just short of the red tees. Breakfast balls both go wiiiiiide right. NEXT ones find the rough on either side. "really got a hold of that one" one says.

I tee up and hit one right down the pipe further than the difference between the tips and the whites.

After about the third hole I caught on to their games. They finally were hitting some fairways and swinging out of their shoes on every drive. (but I was still out pacing their drives.. and in play)

All they wanted to do was to hit it as far as possible. After that, absolutely no game at all. Irons topped, shanked, chunked, thinned... just running out the clock so to speak until they could get to the next tee and hit 2 or 3 until they found a fairway. They might get a hold of one and stripe it down the middle and it was a "brofest" between them. then I would get up and hit mine well past them (as I said- more than the difference between tees) and they would calm down a bit. So, in essence, they paid almost $100 to lose 2 dozen balls and not keep score and be shown up by a guy playing a 4 year old driver... <shrug>

I love it. Nice work.

Somewhere on a womans forum this post was just made in the thread "Most absurd thing you've done to get warm"

"This one time in high school on the bus I was so cold I wore some nerds golf letter sweater. While it helped me warm up that one time, having to deal with him talking to me for the rest of the year on the bus rides about his 300yd bombs from the deck with his 3w was not worth it."

Funny! You are correct. There are always two sides to every story. (I am glad it warmed her up)

... Well after we played a par 5 he cards a double bogey and is furiated by this. He is like there is no chance I can come back and score decently after a double bogey on a par 5. He says a double bogey on a par 3, I can come back from but a par 5 you can't. The reasoning was that 7 strokes on a par 5 hurts the score much worse than 5 strokes on a par 3. This is after he lectured me about people not having an education. I just smiled and let him believe what he wanted to believe. Not a math guy I guess.

It does have the same effect on the score, but I don't know ... looking at a 7 on the card dispirits me more than seeing a 5, even if the 5 was on a per 3.

Funny! You are correct. There are always two sides to every story. (I am glad it warmed her up)

This is wrx ~ 320 carry