PXG Commercials are really really really bad - am I right?

2bGood

2 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

Is that why most PXG staffers play worse with their clubs?

I don’t know... but you should ask Jason Kokrak (one of three two time winners on TOUR this season). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

PXG Proto +, 10.5 turned to 9; Ventus 
PXG Gen4 3 metal ; Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4  5 metal;  Tensei Blue
PXG Gen4 hybrid; 21 degrees
PXG Gen4 Ps; 5-Gap with Nippon 950gh S
PXG Sugar Daddy wedges; 54 and 58; Nippon 950gh S

PXG 38” counter balanced, PXG Mustang

Titleist Pro V1x

15 minutes ago, DLBTide7 said:

I don’t know... but you should ask Jason Kokrak (one of three two time winners on TOUR this season). 

LOL, yes he won today.

Is Lydia Ko the only other staffer to have won in the last year? 

I don't care what they play, but it's not like PXG is racking up the wins, but I may be missing someone.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, yes he won today.

Is Lydia Ko the only other staffer to have won in the last year? 

I don't care what they play, but it's not like PXG is racking up the wins, but I may be missing someone.

That was not the argument I was making; just putting a little sunshine on the matter of “most PXG staffers play worse” comment. 

Titleist Pro V1x

30 minutes ago, DLBTide7 said:

“Most.” He also doesn’t play a full set of PXGs. 

Edited by Holy Moses
  • Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

4 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

“Most.” He also doesn’t play a full set of PXGs. 

We can agree that the commercials are bad. 😊

• Like 2

Titleist Pro V1x

17 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

Is that why most PXG staffers play worse with their clubs?

ugh, another pxg hater?  seriously, you guys have to get over it.  they make a quality product at an expensive price point,  just like products in other market segments.  We benefit as consumers because there is more competition, regardless of whether you ever purchase their product.  “hating” them as a purchase option is dumb.  

Many here speculated they wouldn’t last a year back in 2014.  Obviously, they are doing something right so far.

Edited by clinkinfo
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

ugh, another pxg hater?  seriously, you guys have to over it.  they make a quality product at an expensive price point,  just like products in other market segments.  We benefit as consumers because there is more competition, regardless of whether you ever purchase their product.  “hating” them as a purchase option is dumb.  

Many here speculated they wouldn’t last a year back in 2014.  Obviously, they are doing something right so far.

I wonder if all these sourpusses go into other brand threads and spew their garbage? Of course not!!! Bob's created a special group of haters, so he's doing a lot of things right...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

ugh, another pxg hater?  seriously, you guys have to get over it.  they make a quality product at an expensive price point,  just like products in other market segments.  We benefit as consumers because there is more competition, regardless of whether you ever purchase their product.  “hating” them as a purchase option is dumb.  

All that is true in the retail space. But there's something to be said for why most of their professional players play far worse when they make the switch to PXG. They are doing something wrong. Stop making the ridiculous commercial claims and no one will hate you. 

Ping Vault Arna

1 hour ago, Holy Moses said:

All that is true in the retail space. But there's something to be said for why most of their professional players play far worse when they make the switch to PXG. They are doing something wrong. Stop making the ridiculous commercial claims and no one will hate you. 

no there’s not.  There’s literally no direct correlation  at all, it’s statistically irrelevant with too small a sample size PLUS you can find tons of examples of players who switch playing bad because it’s new stuff for them.   You’re trying to point to something as a reason they suck because you personally dislike them.  

Test their stuff yourself and you’ll find it’s as good as anything, just expensive. I personally wish there were more manufacturers and more competition in all price brackets, it’s only makes all of their stuff better.  But I’ve had every brand at some point in the bag, and don’t love or hate any of them, that’s dumb, they SELL things to us.  That’s it, that’s all any of them are, companies selling stuff.

But you’re entitled to hate them if you want.  In the end, no one really cares either way.  They will succeed or fail based on sales and they seem to be doing fine without you so far.

Edited by clinkinfo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Holy Moses said:

Holy.... have you ever hit the clubs ? Played them extensively ? Is your’s an uneducated hate?  Is it you just do not like Parsons ? Did you just not get along with the clubs? The PXG commercials are BAD, with inflated claims. But so are many golf commercials . For example ... The new Chrome Soft  X  is anything but soft. 

The PXG irons and hybrids are excellent. The milled wedges are very good. The putters are very underrated. The first two Gens of drivers and fairways were not the best. But, with the Proto and Gen4s, they have made up a lot of ground. 

You can pick many, many players over the past few years that have struggled with their equipment. It is not a phenomenon exclusive to PXG pros. Did YJS “not have a freaking clue” where the ball was going Sunday at Colonial because of Titleist products ? In your opinion, they (PXG) are to blame for players playing “far worse” (once they switch) but Kokrak’s only two wins (with PXG irons and wedges) on TOUR are dismissed by you because he doesn’t play a full PXG bag.

You get the point. 

• Like 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I can honestly say I haven't seen a PXG commercial. Sounds like I'm not missing anything. I don't watch much golf TV, so that could be why.

<edit> while I have not hit a PXG yet, I have no hate for their products and think most of it looks damn good. The price for some of it is a bit crazy, but it's your cash.

Edited by lefthack
  • Like 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Pros play something because it was the largest check that an OEM was willing to write to them to play a particular club or set of clubs, wear a certain article of clothing, drive a particular car, whatever.  Simple. 

These irrational PXG haters are just miserable people.  Where are these people at the course? I never see them.  Rarely does anyone say anything to me about them and when they do, it is usually the question, "how do you like those?".  They somehow never seem to engage in douchebaggery such as "PXG Commercials are really really really bad - am I right?"

If you don't like them, then don't play them. 

• Like 4

I do find PXG's commercials pretty dopey but I think people view them the wrong way.

They're not a preppy/conservative brand (i.e. Titleist) that's suddenly made the mistake of turning trashy.

It's the other way around. PXG is the brash, loudmouth American brand that's asking the important question: if Americans are all so wealthy, why are we not charging them more?!

Edited by MelloYello
  • Haha 1

TSR3 (9o) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2+ (14.5o 3w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

TSR2 (21o 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-Gw) (Nippon Modus3)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

2 hours ago, Lasorcier said:

Pros play something because it was the largest check that an OEM was willing to write to them to play a particular club or set of clubs, wear a certain article of clothing, drive a particular car, whatever.  Simple. 

These irrational PXG haters are just miserable people.  Where are these people at the course? I never see them.  Rarely does anyone say anything to me about them and when they do, it is usually the question, "how do you like those?".  They somehow never seem to engage in douchebaggery such as "PXG Commercials are really really really bad - am I right?"

If you don't like them, then don't play them. 

You've likely played with some of the haters, but it's one thing to be a jerk behind a computer keyboard, it's a whole other thing to be one to someone's face.  There's lots of jerks on the internet that are quiet wimps in real life.

However, I suspect you might be able to tell some of the miserable people by how irrationally angry they get playing.  You know, the guy who sucks, but still slams the club in the ground or throws it in the pond when they don't hit the ball well (or at all lol).  Because their expectations don't match reality at all and they need anger management classes, not golf. There's a lot of those guys in a random weekend morning. I'd start there ;).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DLBTide7 said:

Holy.... have you ever hit the clubs ? Played them extensively ? Is your’s an uneducated hate?  Is it you just do not like Parsons ? Did you just not get along with the clubs? The PXG commercials are BAD, with inflated claims. But so are many golf commercials . For example ... The new Chrome Soft  X  is anything but soft. 

The PXG irons and hybrids are excellent. The milled wedges are very good. The putters are very underrated. The first two Gens of drivers and fairways were not the best. But, with the Proto and Gen4s, they have made up a lot of ground. 

You can pick many, many players over the past few years that have struggled with their equipment. It is not a phenomenon exclusive to PXG pros. Did YJS “not have a freaking clue” where the ball was going Sunday at Colonial because of Titleist products ? In your opinion, they (PXG) are to blame for players playing “far worse” (once they switch) but Kokrak’s only two wins (with PXG irons and wedges) on TOUR are dismissed by you because he doesn’t play a full PXG bag.

You get the point. 

I have hit PXGs. It took PXG 5 years to make a driver that wasn't a spiny trash heap. That's with "unlimited time and an unlimited budget." 

It's not statistically insignificant when it's a trend. If you make the world's best golf clubs, the majority of your players shouldn't play worse with them than before. And players shouldn't win soon after leaving PXG unless the clubs are holding players back. Hey, you want to sell below average clubs at really high prices? It's a free country, have at it. Just don't tell me that you have unlimited resources and unlimited time to make something that is nothing special, and most of your players tumble down the world rankings after joining PXG. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ping Vault Arna

12 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

I have hit PXGs. It took PXG 5 years to make a driver that wasn't a spiny trash heap. That's with "unlimited time and an unlimited budget." 

It's not statistically insignificant when it's a trend. If you make the world's best golf clubs, the majority of your players shouldn't play worse with them than before. And players shouldn't win soon after leaving PXG unless the clubs are holding players back. Hey, you want to sell below average clubs at really high prices? It's a free country, have at it. Just don't tell me that you have unlimited resources and unlimited time to make something that is nothing special, and most of your players tumble down the world rankings after joining PXG. 

You don't understand what statistically irrelevant means.

When a sample size is too small it means you cannot get any meaningful information from that data.  In this case, the sample size is not large enough to tell you anything about the larger data pool.   Therefore you cannot have a meaningful "trend".  For example, the guy who just won with PXG this weekend does not mean I can now conclude PXG is the most "winning" brand of irons on tour.  That would be just as wrong as you concluding they are the worst brand on earth because of how a different pro plays (especially since they get PAID and have conflicting motivations to be playing a brand).

Or how about this, It would be like calling 3 houses and asking if they support X or Y candidate.  You cannot draw a conclusion about who will win based on those 3 houses, is too small a sample size to give a result that represents the whole data pool.  Not to mention a bunch of other things wrong with any attempted conclusion (like randomness, differing ability levels,...).  

But, this isn't a math forum, it's a golf forum.  Your responses clearly show you have some bizarre anti-PXG agenda you're trying to spew to the internet.  That's your prerogative, but it clearly illustrates your bias.  As a result, we can conclude your info is exaggerated, irrelevant, and likely worthless.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

You don't understand what statistically irrelevant means.

When a sample size is too small it means you cannot get any meaningful information from that data.  In this case, the sample size is not large enough to tell you anything about the larger data pool.   Therefore you cannot have a meaningful "trend".  For example, the guy who just won with PXG this weekend does not mean I can now conclude PXG is the most "winning" brand of irons on tour.  That would be just as wrong as you concluding they are the worst brand on earth because of how a different pro plays (especially since they get PAID and have conflicting motivations to be playing a brand).

Or how about this, It would be like calling 3 houses and asking if they support X or Y candidate.  You cannot draw a conclusion about who will win based on those 3 houses, is too small a sample size to give a result that represents the whole data pool.  Not to mention a bunch of other things wrong with any attempted conclusion (like randomness, differing ability levels,...).  

But, this isn't a math forum, it's a golf forum.  Your responses clearly show you have some bizarre anti-PXG agenda you're trying to spew to the internet.  That's your prerogative, but it clearly illustrates your bias.  As a result, we can conclude your info is exaggerated, irrelevant, and likely worthless.  

LOL, I’m looking at every player that’s ever played PXG over the life of the company. How many more years and players are needed? An “unlimited amount”? 

It’s time to put up or shut up and PXG can’t put up on Tour.

Ping Vault Arna

It would actually be better if you would shut up and let people play what they want to play without being judged by people like you.  I bet you are fun at cocktail parties (assuming that you are invited to some, that is).

25 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

It’s time to put up or shut up and PXG can’t put up on Tour

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

LOL, I’m looking at every player that’s ever played PXG over the life of the company. How many more years and players are needed? An “unlimited amount”? 

They don't have a ton of tour Pros and the ones they have seem to be doing ok. 

What is the bar you feel they need to clear? Is it a ratio of wins? Number of pros in top 10? Tour wins from day 1 to present using only PXG clubs? 

So what does "put up on tour" equate to? Or is it you somehow feel wronged and PXG will never do right in your eyes?

Did PXG touch you in your bathing suit area?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

Holy ... good luck masquerading as Don Quixote and your fight with the PXG windmills. 

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1x

1 hour ago, lefthack said:

They don't have a ton of tour Pros and the ones they have seem to be doing ok. 

What is the bar you feel they need to clear? Is it a ratio of wins? Number of pros in top 10? Tour wins from day 1 to present using only PXG clubs? 

So what does "put up on tour" equate to? Or is it you somehow feel wronged and PXG will never do right in your eyes?

Did PXG touch you in your bathing suit area?

OWGR from the time they signed to where they were after a few years is one way to look at it.

Again, if a regular dude wants to play PXGs and likes them, go for it. My main gripe is with most of the way PXG went about marketing supposed industry-changing technology. The reviews have always been meh at best and the driver was absolute crap for years. If you are going to market the way Bob has, you better be able to justify your claims. And he can’t. If your clubs are the best, your Tour pros shouldn’t be sliding down the OWGR list or angrily leaving the company.

Ping Vault Arna