PXG Commercials are really really really bad - am I right?

2bGood

This started out kind of a PXG charges a premium and should have a market campaign or at least commercials that match. That’s not Parson’s MO if you recall the Godaddy.com stuff. So be it, that’s his choice. The thread morphed to a debate on the quality of the clubs. I grabbed 7-LW with graphite. At $89 a club, quality shaft, delivered in about 10 days after order and solid performance I really do care about the commercials. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Right.  I’m not disagreeing with club hoing. I’ve spent way more than my share on the search too.  

im just saying that your choice was influenced by what you saw with that driver. Then the fitting results etc.  it was a positive influence.  

you’re in this thread sharing that positive influence.  In order to have the freedom to share that influence , you have to also allow for someone to share their negative influence.    People are smart and can make their one mind up.  We shouldn’t suppress opinions either way. Argue  with them ? Yes. But to blanket say that someone shouldn’t be here stating their negative view of a brand isn’t really being true to what you believe.  If you believe in no influence the only way it really keeps its balance is to allow both opinions freely.  No matter how much spin is involved. 

You loved the clubs based on your fitting.  I could just as easily hate them based on mine. Both of us are then correct. And both are just as useful or harmful as far as influencing others.  

again Im calling myself out too.  Recently I’ve tried very hard to temper my opinions posted here as far as knee jerk reactions. And I have a long way to go. And at the same time I’m following my own path vs taking others experiences as gospel.  And my game has made another leap in performance because of it. One club ho to another , I just don’t think it’s possible to be a club ho without having succumbed to influence.  We’re influenced and don’t even know it’s happened. On that note.  I detest pxg commercials and the attitude of the owner.  But I tried the clubs for myself so I could have an objective opinion on the clubs and their performance and construction swayed me away from he negative image o had of the clubs that came from the advertising and the association with parsons.  So call me 50/50 and not intending to sway anyone. Just commenting on my view of the commercials.  

anyway. I feel like I’m stepping On toes and  that wasn’t my point.  You seem quite thoughtful , and I appreciate that in conversation vs the usual “ I know you are but what am I “ back and forth.   Agree to disagree.  

I have no problem agreeing to disagree. But now you are accusing me of insinuating that people can’t or shouldn’t have the freedom to voice an opinion, especially on a message board???? I’ve never said that either. Actually what I said was, I find it comical when people state an opinion as fact without any facts or data to back it up. That means you can say it, and I can find it amusing. As far as influences go, of course I’m influenced. I may prefer to say my Interest has been piqued, but admittedly it would be similar. But yes, I would share the opinion of @clinkinfo   He’s basically summarized my thought. 

1 hour ago, clinkinfo said:

But isn’t there a huge difference between someone saying “‘I just had success with this club/brand in a fitting or playing session, you might want to test it out, it was great for me” vs “I just had a horrible time with this club/brand, they are crap and garbage and should all be thrown in the dumpster”?

that’s the difference here.  There are people in this thread saying versions of the second thing (or at least one vocal one).  And the reality is, it’s just not true, some people will see excellent performance if they try PXG products.

IMO Someone who is sharing feedback either way but then telling me to try for myself isn't the same as someone like Holy Moses who is on here generalizing the brand/clubs as terrible enough they shouldn’t even be sold.  

There’s literally no difference except the point of view. 

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

9 minutes ago, Aucaveman said:

I have no problem agreeing to disagree. But now you are accusing me of insinuating that people can’t or shouldn’t have the freedom to voice an opinion, especially on a message board???? I’ve never said that either. Actually what I said was, I find it comical when people state an opinion as fact without any facts or data to back it up. That means you can say it, and I can find it amusing. As far as influences go, of course I’m influenced. I may prefer to say my Interest has been piqued, but admittedly it would be similar. But yes, I would share the opinion of @clinkinfo   He’s basically summarized my thought. 

You’re essentially agreeing with me , and then backing up snd saying “ as long as the opinion has a disclaimer on it if I don’t agree “. 

so we need statement disclaimers now ? Every statement made on this site is opinion based on personal anecdotes.  There isn’t any empirical evidence involved.  The results of even launch monitors are only true for the player hitting the shot.  

ans having said that. I can agree that hyperbole whne you don’t like a club is probably best kept to ones self until you cool off. But still. It’s still just the same opinion as yours in reverse.  Neither is any more hurtful or helpful.  Your good words can just as easily cause  joe to spend $7k on a set that doesn’t work , same as the guy who hates pxg can cause joe to never try them.   And miss out on great sticks.  I don’t see a difference 

Edited by bladehunter

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 minute ago, LeoLeo99 said:

Opinions don't usually require data or even facts.  

Right. But what facts are there to be had ? 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

2 hours ago, J13 said:

PXG makes solid clubs, irons especially.  The commercials with Bob Parsons are really bad though.  

^ This.  What a gongshow this thread has become lol.  

• Like 1

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

On 5/14/2017 at 10:26 AM, larryd3 said:

Wow another PXG bashing thread. Thought there were plenty of these already. ?

If the "bash" fits ...

Titleist TSR3 08.75 – AD DI 65x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – AD DI 75x

Titleist TSR2 17.25 – AD DI 85x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – AD DI 95x

Titleist T150 4i-6i – X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i – X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw – S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 – White Hot OG5

Sounds like an ad for an '80s heavy metal concert. I'm sure Parsons insisted on this and assumes he's smarter than the ad execs. Despite its high-end prices, PXG is a cheese-ball company, catering to douchey Hummer drivers and posers. The clubs are solid; the brand image sucks. 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR3 08.75 – AD DI 65x

Titleist TSR2 14.50 – AD DI 75x

Titleist TSR2 17.25 – AD DI 85x

Titleist TSR2 21.00 – AD DI 95x

Titleist T150 4i-6i – X100 Tour

Titleist T100 7i-9i – X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw – S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 – White Hot OG5

44 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

flight performance numbers like ball speed and spin.

this thread is getting stupider than all the golf commercials.  I stand by the original response, pxg makes good quality stuff at higher prices.  Their commercials are just as dumb (not more, not less) than any other golf commercials I’ve seen.

Edited by clinkinfo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

flight performance numbers like ball speed and spin.

this thread is getting stupider than all the golf commercials.  I stand by the original response, pxg makes good quality stuff at higher prices.  Their commercials are just as dumb (not more, not less) than any other golf commercials I’ve seen.

Sure. But those are only true for the person hitting it.  Just like the guy who hits a club bad.  Right ?  

I entirely agree. And have said so. I was throughly impressed with the milling quality of the black jack putter.  And loved their solution for the armlock bend.  A separate long hosel piece.  Very neat installation.   

all I’m defending is the fact that opinions are opinions. And have to let them all in to have a discussion.  There are no known facts regarding a one size fits all or one size fits none golf clubs.   We can’t cherry pick and call one statement “opinion stated as fact “ and let the next opinion stand as “ fact “ when in fact it’s just an anecdote from one person.  

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

37 minutes ago, uglande said:

Sounds like an ad for an '80s heavy metal concert. I'm sure Parsons insisted on this and assumes he's smarter than the ad execs. Despite its high-end prices, PXG is a cheese-ball company, catering to douchey Hummer drivers and posers. The clubs are solid; the brand image sucks. 

Edited by JAM01

9 minutes ago, puttingmatt said:

Douchy commercials, hardly do the clubs any justice. 

Tone down the rhetoric, and give golfers some real data other than how much they cost.

This is comical! None of them say anything, they only have roughly 30 seconds. See below! ITS ALL MARKETING!!! For those who need a refresher, marketing is activities a company undertakes to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Bob's marketing is awesome and sure has a lot of people talking about and buying his clubs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think that is actually the first PXG or other golf commercial I have seen in years.  I don't watch golf on television or really hardly any television in general.  I would rather go play instead.  With that said, that PXG ad seems similar to a Duluth Trading Company sort of ad.  I can see how it could get pearl-clutching types to give it the stink-eye.  But those are the Judge Smalls / old codger patrol types that I generally disregard anyway. 

I bought mine after I hit a playing partner's irons for a few holes and liked them.  With that said, I have a blackjack on its way to add to the irons which are awesome and the 2 hybrid which is also awesome and stupidly easy to hit.

Edited by Lasorcier
typo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Sure. But those are only true for the person hitting it.  Just like the guy who hits a club bad.  Right ?  

I entirely agree. And have said so. I was throughly impressed with the milling quality of the black jack putter.  And loved their solution for the armlock bend.  A separate long hosel piece.  Very neat installation.   

all I’m defending is the fact that opinions are opinions. And have to let them all in to have a discussion.  There are no known facts regarding a one size fits all or one size fits none golf clubs.   We can’t cherry pick and call one statement “opinion stated as fact “ and let the next opinion stand as “ fact “ when in fact it’s just an anecdote from one person.  

sorry, but actual launch numbers are not opinions.  Ball speeds are not opinions.  Smash factors are not opinions.  

someone’s success in a fitting should not be an opinion, it’s should be achievement of whatever goals they had as pre-determined criteria for that fitting.  

saying “‘you should try them” after they share those results isn’t an opinion, it’s a constructive suggestion to a community based on their personal factual based experience. 

However, saying PXG is garbage and should not exist because you hate parson’s voice, that’s an opinion.  stating that all PXG products are inferior to every other product on the market for every golfer, is an opinion. And they really aren’t even good opinions because they are based on nonsensical things like how “good” a commercial is, or which pro has signed with which brand.  Or on vague negative performance claims that happen to be provably false based on tons and tons of fitting data available right here on this forum with real data. Or even better, based on the price.

But where it gets really good...sharing those negative PXG opinions over and over, in a hundred different ways whenever PXG’s name comes up in a thread...That’s being an angry, unhelpful, non-constructive member of a community because you like the reactions it gets, because it feeds an ego and self image.

A duck is a duck, no matter how many ways you try and call it a chicken.  We don’t agree, and won’t.  

• Like 2

Nobody makes golf clubs the way we do. Period!

Works every time some of the time.

• Haha 2

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

BRNR Mini 11.5 Midr Proto 65R*

Epic Speed 16.5 4w 21 7w IM10 60 5.5*

Apex UW 2021 17 Smoke Black RDX 70 5.5*

Stealth DHY 17 20 23 AV Raw Blue 70R*

TSR2 21 & 24 AV Raw Blue 75R*

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face Black 54 60 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Srixon  Star XV

12 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

sorry, but actual launch numbers are not opinions.  Ball speeds are not opinions.  Smash factors are not opinions.  

someone’s success in a fitting should not be an opinion, it’s should be achievement of whatever goals they had as pre-determined criteria for that fitting.  

saying “‘you should try them” after they share those results isn’t an opinion, it’s a constructive suggestion to a community based on their personal factual based experience. 

However, saying PXG is garbage and should not exist because you hate parson’s voice, that’s an opinion.  stating that all PXG products are inferior to every other product on the market for every golfer, is an opinion. And they really aren’t even good opinions because they are based on nonsensical things like how “good” a commercial is, or which pro has signed with which brand.  Or on vague negative performance claims that happen to be provably false based on tons and tons of fitting data available right here on this forum with real data. Or even better, based on the price.

But where it gets really good...sharing those negative PXG opinions over and over, in a hundred different ways whenever PXG’s name comes up in a thread...That’s being an angry, unhelpful, non-constructive member of a community because you like the reactions it gets, because it feeds an ego and self image.

A duck is a duck, no matter how many ways you try and call it a chicken.  We don’t agree, and won’t.  

lol.   I can’t wait to use this new found logic.   Positive comments = facts.   Negative = the Debil...!     🤦‍♂️

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

5 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

This is comical! None of them say anything, they only have roughly 30 seconds. See below! ITS ALL MARKETING!!! For those who need a refresher, marketing is activities a company undertakes to promote the buying or selling of a product or service. Bob's marketing is awesome and sure has a lot of people talking about and buying his clubs. 

Nothing awesome about Bob's marketing,

"A fool and his money " come to mind

Maybe thats his market 

Edited by puttingmatt

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

16 hours ago, bladehunter said:

This site had a big driver of test at Miles of Golf where the PXG driver tested terribly. Another website that we can’t name here has not rated PXG favorably in head-to-head test after head-to-head test. I think their bag reviewed well one year. We know the data and reviews are out there. PXG is winning “Best Value” awards now lol. Look at how the mighty have fallen.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

11 hours ago, bladehunter said:

lol.   I can’t wait to use this new found logic.   Positive comments = facts.   Negative = the Debil...!     🤦‍♂️

you need to learn how to read better.  Numbers = factual info, good or bad.  Personal nonsense = opinions.  

factual info > personal nonsense 

Edited by clinkinfo

6 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

you need to learn how to read better.  Numbers = factual info, good or bad.  Personal nonsense = opinions.  

Dude. Just stop quoting me. And I’ll stop replying. 

numbers are only factual for the user that produces them. Good and bad.  I can produce more ballspeed than most , with a 975d.  Doesn’t mean it’s the fastest face driver.  

it would take robot tested shaft for shaft vs other heads to call it factual data.   

by the way. I read just fine. But I think you could open your mind a bit and try to hear what I’m saying.  You can’t only accept good reviews.  That’s the kind of cherry picking that doesn’t help anyone.  Personally I don’t put much stock in any review. But I do glean info from them that helps me. Example. I like a neutral to draw biased driver.  While most want the head to be wide open.  So when I read a guy who draws it griping about a hooky driver. That tells me I might want to try it.  He hates it.  But it usually suits my eye.  Only dumb people are put off by bad reviews on face value.  9 out of 10 times it’s just the user showing their bias.  It’s always easy to see. 

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

14 hours ago, Lasorcier said:

I think that is actually the first PXG or other golf commercial I have seen in years.  I don't watch golf on television or really hardly any television in general.  I would rather go play instead.  With that said, that PXG ad seems similar to a Duluth Trading Company sort of ad.  I can see how it could get pearl-clutching types to give it the stink-eye.  But those are the Judge Smalls / old codger patrol types that I generally disregard anyway. 

I bought mine after I hit a playing partner's irons for a few holes and liked them.  With that said, I have a blackjack on its way to add to the irons which are awesome and the 2 hybrid which is also awesome and stupidly easy to hit.

Who are you calling pearl clutching 'Judge Smails' types?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

Dude. Just stop quoting me. And I’ll stop replying. 

numbers are only factual for the user that produces them. Good and bad.  I can produce more ballspeed than most , with a 975d.  Doesn’t mean it’s the fastest face driver.  

it would take robot tested shaft for shaft vs other heads to call it factual data.   

by the way. I read just fine. But I think you could open your mind a bit and try to hear what I’m saying.  You can’t only accept good reviews.  That’s the kind of cherry picking that doesn’t help anyone.  Personally I don’t put much stock in any review. But I do glean info from them that helps me. Example. I like a neutral to draw biased driver.  While most want the head to be wide open.  So when I read a guy who draws it griping about a hooky driver. That tells me I might want to try it.  He hates it.  But it usually suits my eye.  Only dumb people are put off by bad reviews on face value.  9 out of 10 times it’s just the user showing their bias.  It’s always easy to see. 

dude, stop quoting me and I’ll stop replying. You must have not realized your quoting me each time, huh, so I reply?

we don’t agree and won’t.  We don’t test with robots.  Player Testing data is data and it’s factual, sorry.  

Ok....starting now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, clinkinfo said:

dude, stop quoting me and I’ll stop replying. You must have not realized your quoting me each time, huh, so I reply?

we don’t agree and won’t.  We don’t test with robots.  Player Testing data is data and it’s factual, sorry.  

Ok....starting now.

Lol. No hard feelings.  I just don’t want to be accused of “ running the thread “.   I realize we won’t agree. That’s cool.  Take it easy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I didn't think the PXG commercial posted was much worse than the others that were posted. Hell, if you want to get bent about a commercial, hold my beer.

It's real science, suck it.

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

13 hours ago, clinkinfo said:

But after all those numbers, at the end of the day day all that matters is score. Is there any data that supports that handicap goes down when switching to PXG? 

• Thanks 1