Bluetooth Speaker help.

I'm also not trying to use the course as a way of getting my mixtape out (which is absolute FIRE by the way).

No way your mixtape is as good as mine.

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UE roll 2 is what I use. Has an 8 hour battery life and a bungee cord on the back which makes it easy to attach to the cart/bag. Also is waterproof which removes some stress if you get caught out in the rain.

I got this as part of a swag bag from a charity golf event and use it in the occasional scramble. Works great.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I just sprung for a VAVA Voom 20 based on a review from The Wirecutter website. It's a little bigger but looks like it would fit in a water bottle compartment. I mainly push cart now so weight itn't really an issue, but the speaker is reported to be only 1.5 lbs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IMQXGHC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

If you want a little more sound and off course versatility, check out the JBL Flip 3 or 4 (last year's model can be had for around $70 I think. Great sound for the money (definitely better than the Clip), and isn't going to get ruined in the rain. Mine fits perfectly in the cupholder on a cart or the water bottle holder on my push cart / carry bag.

Agreed. Fits perfectly in the cup holder and also in the XL cup holder on the Clicgears. Sound is fantastic too.

I bought a Bose SoundLink Revolve for golfing purposes and couldn't be happier. Sound is great, easy to carry, fits into a cart cup holder and is water resistant. The 360 sound works phenomenally and I use it for more then just on the course. They're on the pricier side but definitely worth the money!

TaylorMade Sim2 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Green 75g 6.5
TaylorMade Sim2 Rocket 13° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110-x 
TaylorMade Sim2 5-Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 85g 6.5

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 21° Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85x

TaylorMade 790 UDI '21 HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 '21 7 4-9 KBS C-Taper X
TaylorMade MG3 50º 54º 58º

TaylorMade Spider-Ex Short Slant
TaylorMade TP5

I bought a Bose SoundLink Revolve for golfing purposes and couldn't be happier. Sound is great, easy to carry, fits into a cart cup holder and is water resistant. The 360 sound works phenomenally and I use it for more then just on the course. They're on the pricier side but definitely worth the money!

The revolve will fit into a cup holder? I've seen them in store, and thought they looked too large in diameter to fit. And I'm talking about the smaller one, know there's a large and small one.

And I agree with the other posters here...the Bose Bluetooth speakers are the best sounding by far. And I normally hate Bose.

Glad this thread hasn't devolved into the music on course debate like the last one did...

I have an original JBL Flip and have used it in the cupholder or dash of the cart a few times at scrambles and it's been enough for our group to enjoy but not bother others. If I were buying for walking, I'd probably go for the Clip 2 or Clip Plus (waterproof version of original Clip). I've seen the Clip 2 as low as $35 at Marshalls, the Clip Plus is $25 refurbished from TechRabbit, and the original Clip (not waterproof) can be had for under $20 in new bulk packaging on eBay.

I can see the UE Roll probably being a better speaker, but I'm not sure I'd pay 2-3x as much for it for this particular use case when I'd intentionally NOT be looking to crank it very loud.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

I just sprung for a VAVA Voom 20 based on a review from The Wirecutter website. It's a little bigger but looks like it would fit in a water bottle compartment. I mainly push cart now so weight isn't really an issue, but the speaker is reported to be only 1.5 lbs.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just an update: Got it yesterday. This thing is LOUD and good. Only ~$60 on Amazon. Fits perfectly in a cupholder. You can link up to two devices to the speaker, so you and your cart buddy can switch off DJ duties. Would recommend.

Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
Callaway Epic SubZero 13.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeded TS 6.3X
TaylorMade SLDR 2h 17* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
Sub 70 699 ProU 3i 19* - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X

Sub70 699 5-7i, 699 Pro 8-P - Aerotech Steelfiber 110 X
Maltby Max Milled Wedges .900" - 50* & 56*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
Bettinardi Queen B #8
Titleist AVX Yellow (Summer) / Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow (Winter)
Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego

We all have UE Booms (or Boom 2s) at our club - good battery quality, good sound, if you synch them it gets even better. Our carts have the sand bottles on the side, so we put those in the basket and put our booms in those, it amplifies it a bit.

But if I were walking/pulling a cart, probably the UE roll or JBL clip would make more sense.

The revolve will fit into a cup holder? I've seen them in store, and thought they looked too large in diameter to fit. And I'm talking about the smaller one, know there's a large and small one.

And I agree with the other posters here...the Bose Bluetooth speakers are the best sounding by far. And I normally hate Bose.

It will fit into the bigger cart cup holder that's in the Ez-Go's. I'm not sure about club carts but definitely in the EZ-Go. I have the smaller Revolve as well.

TaylorMade Sim2 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Green 75g 6.5
TaylorMade Sim2 Rocket 13° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110-x 
TaylorMade Sim2 5-Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 85g 6.5

TaylorMade Sim2 Max 21° Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85x

TaylorMade 790 UDI '21 HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100g 6.5
TaylorMade P770 '21 7 4-9 KBS C-Taper X
TaylorMade MG3 50º 54º 58º

TaylorMade Spider-Ex Short Slant
TaylorMade TP5

We all have UE Booms (or Boom 2s) at our club - good battery quality, good sound, if you synch them it gets even better. Our carts have the sand bottles on the side, so we put those in the basket and put our booms in those, it amplifies it a bit.

But if I were walking/pulling a cart, probably the UE roll or JBL clip would make more sense.

Syncing a couple up would be ideal. Going to look into that too. Leaning towards JBL Clip right now.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 9°

TaylorMade Stealth 15°

Ping G430 19°, 22°

Srixon ZX7 Mk II 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Tour Rack 50° (Mid), 54° (Mid), 58° (Low)

Scotty Cameron T10 Select Newport 2

Let me preface this by saying that this topic is not meant to be a discussion on whether or not music should be played during a round. The majority of rounds I'm able to get in are not at nice country clubs, top 100 courses, etc. It is usually a local country course where jeans are acceptable. I'm also not trying to use the course as a way of getting my mixtape out (which is absolute FIRE by the way).

That being said - Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth speaker I can clip on to my golf bag that has a decent battery to last a round or two? I like to walk and obviously don't want it to weigh a ton.

Thanks!

Portable Outdoor and Shower Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker by AYL SoundFit, Waterproof, Wireless with 10 Hour Rechargeable Battery Life, Powerful 5W Audio Driver, Pairs with All Bluetooth Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014VJD6PQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xhejzbZ0QK6G6

Have had this speaker for about a year and love it. Easy to strap to the bag or cart and portable enough to throw in the bag without taking up a lot of space. Holds a good charge but my only (minor) gripe is that range starts to cut out after 30ft which can be annoying if you put your phone in your pocket and forget.

Why not just buy a cart and dope it out with 20 car speakers and hydraulics. Go big or go home I say

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

The Clip+ is pretty much the same as the Clip 2 (same splashproof), just in the same housing as the original Clip (with built in clip instead of carabiner).

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

I've tried about every speaker on the market.. Sound quality, battery life, waterproof, etc.. The UE boom can't be beat in my opinion.

You can also purchase a case that allows you to strap it anywhere.. Push cart, cart post, steering wheel, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Protective-Carabiner-Logitech-Ultimate-Bluetooth/dp/B00MHKU8KI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1496317484&sr=8-9&keywords=ue+boom+case

UE Roll 2. Great sound, battery life, and its waterproof. Only negative is that it does not support phone calls. The phone will ring through the speaker, but you have to answer your physical cell phone. The bungee strap design is very versatile.

The roll 2 is my go to gift under $100. Amazon delivered one yesterday that I will be gifting this evening.

Almost forgot. You can also pair 2 of them playing off one device. We do a shootout after our member member tourney where all the wives and kids follow the flight winners for three holes. We paired 2 of them on a cart and it sounded incredible. Don't worry no fun patrol, we paused the music while players were hitting.

Have the JBL Flip 4 and it's got incredible sound (for when off the course) that honestly feels much better than the Bose Soundlink Mini (original) which I also own. I think this question depends mostly on if you want this for ONLY on the course. If so, I think the suggestions of the Roll and Clip are probably your best bet since you don't need them to get too loud and really just need to care about battery life and waterproofing.

Let me preface this by saying that this topic is not meant to be a discussion on whether or not music should be played during a round. The majority of rounds I'm able to get in are not at nice country clubs, top 100 courses, etc. It is usually a local country course where jeans are acceptable. I'm also not trying to use the course as a way of getting my mixtape out (which is absolute FIRE by the way).

That being said - Can anyone recommend a Bluetooth speaker I can clip on to my golf bag that has a decent battery to last a round or two? I like to walk and obviously don't want it to weigh a ton.

Thanks!

another vote for the UE BOOM or any UE speaker they sound amazing with extreme durability.

Ordered the UE Roll 2 based on the comments here, thank you! It's a great little speaker and attaches perfectly to my golf bag.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

• 1 month later...

http://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+GO.html?dwvar_JBL%20GO_color=Black#start=1

Got one of these for $20 when they were on sale. Its small so it will fit in your bag and has real good sound especially since you wont be blasting it on the course.

I have this one as my at home speaker and travel speaker

http://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBL+FLIP+III.html?dwvar_JBL%20FLIP%20III_color=Black#start=1

Great sound, bigger of course but like i said you can only play it so loud on a golf course so the small one is perfect for that