• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never played those but I'm a huge Lamkin crossline cord fan

[size=5][u][b][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1513458-recap-titleist-prov1-experience-thread-july-12-13-behind-the-scenes-at-titleist-headquarters/page__st__90#entry15871330"][color=#ff0000]Titleist[/color] [color=#000000]ProV1[/color] [color=#ff0000]Experience[/color] [color=#000000]7/12/17-7/13/17[/color][/url][/b][/u][/size]

TaylorMade M5 with speeder 667 xstiff
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80 xstiff
Titleist 909h 19* with voodoo stiff
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm6 54, 58 with Amt x100
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

I like the Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT. Since they went to the Brushed Cotton they are that little bit softer on the hands but remain really hard wearing.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

I've been using the Lamkin UTX cord grip since last year. It's soft on the hands and doesn't slip when wet. They seem to stay tacky much longer than the Golf Prides too.

Agree with this. The UTX cords are not aggressive, but combined with the tacky material, you get a lot of traction. Very good combination of both.

If you need the "tear your skin off" type cord, then the GP Z Grip is probably what you want. The Lamkin Crossline cord is a close second.

Cobra King Ltd, Speeder TS 6.2
Callaway BBA 816, Accra CS1 80
Adams A12, Diamana Thump
TM TP MC/MB, KBS Tour 
Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*, DG S400
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

Oh and if you don't mind the Victory cords and not the V55, GP did re-release those. Pretty easy to find at the local big box stores too.

https://www.golfpride.com/grips/victory-cord/

Cobra King Ltd, Speeder TS 6.2
Callaway BBA 816, Accra CS1 80
Adams A12, Diamana Thump
TM TP MC/MB, KBS Tour 
Vokey 254.10, V-Grind 60*, DG S400
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

Thanks for all of the replies! The summer season is right around the corner and I get really sweaty hands so definitely looking for my grips to be super tacky. Tried the multi compounds on a couple of clubs and didn't feel they maintained their tack.

I was exactly the same. I've had a couple of goes with the MCC but never been impressed with it which I think probably makes me in the minority but I just felt that it got really dry and uncomfortable to hold.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Even Flow White T1100 6.0
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
Titleist 712U 3 Iron Stiff Tour AD DI
Titleist T100 4-PW 6.0 Project X LZ
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08
Titlesist Vokey SM7 56.12 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x 2019

www.youtube.com/oneillgolf

I've been playing the pre-BCT GPTV, BCT GPTV, Lamkin Tour Blake, and Lamkin Crossline for quite a while. I'm my most recent regroup I wanted something a little different so I grabbed a set of the Lamkin UTx Wrap and have been very impressed. I didn't like the lack of cord in the black UTx Wrap (perhaps it was just the batch that I got?) but the blue ones are very nice. A touch tackier than I'm used to but not annoyingly so like some others. The grip is also a touch softer than what I've played in the past so building them up with a layer or two of tape doesn't make them rock hard. I've only been using them for a week or so but, thus far, I don't have any complaints. I certainly like the UTx wrap better than the standard UTx.

G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Blue 8x
Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125 - TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125
Ben Hogan Equalizer 53/58, KBS Tour-V 120
Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/480312-rebbys-witb-with-black-miura-1957s/"]My WITB Thread[/url]

I play the GP Z-Cord on my clubs, I've played the BCT Cord but after 3 months there is no tackiness. The Cord even wore down until it's too slippery. I liked them at first but they don't last near as long as the Z Cord. They also don't make them in midsize which is another reason I don't use them, but I don't know if that matters to you or not. If I could get free grips and get my hands on the BCT in midsize that's what I would use but until that happens I'm perfectly fine with Z Cords. Yes they are harsh on the hands the first two weeks but I've adjusted to them and they have lasted me a whole season in Alabama with no problems

I prefer MCC's but picked up a couple sets of Golf Pride Victory Cord Standard grips for $2.97 a piece. Can't turn down that price.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/golf-pride-victory-cord-standard-grip-15gprmgpvctrycrdgrp/15gprmgpvctrycrdgrp?Clearance=true

Ping G400 Driver 10.5* PING Alta CB 59 S
TM M1 3-wood HL Fujikura Pro 70 S
Mizuno JPX 850 3H Fujikura Motore Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP-18 MBs 3-PW Nippon Modus 3 105 S
Gauge Design TCG Wedges 52*, 56*
Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter
Snell MTB Black

Keegan Bradley spec Crossline Cords with ACE,

http://www.lamkingri...golf-grips.html

+1

I use these on my irons and wedges with Z-Cords on my woods and the Ace Crossline Cords are by far my favorite cord grip ever made

Callaway Epic Flash SZ Triple Diamond 9* Tensei AV Raw Orange 65TX
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* Tensei AV Raw Blue 75TX
PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* Graphite Design Tour IZ 95X
PXG 0311T Gen 3 Project X 6.0HS
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*F, 55*S, 60*M Project X 6.0
Bettinardi BB0 Flow DASS

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing the pre-BCT GPTV, BCT GPTV, Lamkin Tour Blake, and Lamkin Crossline for quite a while. I'm my most recent regroup I wanted something a little different so I grabbed a set of the Lamkin UTx Wrap and have been very impressed. I didn't like the lack of cord in the black UTx Wrap (perhaps it was just the batch that I got?) but the blue ones are very nice. A touch tackier than I'm used to but not annoyingly so like some others. The grip is also a touch softer than what I've played in the past so building them up with a layer or two of tape doesn't make them rock hard. I've only been using them for a week or so but, thus far, I don't have any complaints. I certainly like the UTx wrap better than the standard UTx.

I wondered the same thing myself: was it just the batch i got? i've purchased several black UTx grips from different sellers (including directly from lamkingrips.com), and the black UTx always seem to have less cord on their surface for some reason. the red UTx grips that came stock on my srixon irons were much more densely filled with cord on their surface and are the best grips i've ever felt (compared to NDMC, MCC+4, lamkin z5).

When ever Super Stroke goes main stream with their cord grip. I have had few of the proto types and its shocking that they don't sell them. They are really good and I am not just plugging

Driver: Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5* ; Accura MV85x PINK 1 of 1

3 wood: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72X

Hybrid: PXG Gen1 19* (set 18*) Hzardus Handcrafted Black 100x (Not getting alot of use)

Irons: PXG Gen1 0311 4-7 iron; Aldila RIP Phenom Hybrid 100 Tour X (Lofts; 17.5*, 21*, 25*, 29*)

NIKE Vapor Pro Combo 6, 8, 9, PW; Aldila VS Proto 100x (Lofts; 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*)

Wedges: Scratch 53* (bent 51*); TT DG S300 , Callaway MD4 Raw 54*, 58*; TT DG S300

Custom Wedge 63* (made buddy made it); KBS Tour Stiff

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design MB #5; 35 inches; Super Stroke GP Tour

I wondered the same thing myself: was it just the batch i got? i've purchased several black UTx grips from different sellers (including directly from lamkingrips.com), and the black UTx always seem to have less cord on their surface for some reason. the red UTx grips that came stock on my srixon irons were much more densely filled with cord on their surface and are the best grips i've ever felt (compared to NDMC, MCC+4, lamkin z5).

My black UTx grips came directly from Lamkin. When I called to ask for an exchange the rep sounded surprised and said that shouldn't be the case but was happy to swap them out for me. I just stick to the blue ones now, although they're getting hard to find.

G400, Atmos FOH 6x | TEE CB Pro F2, Atmos Blue 8x
Miura 1957 2/4-PW, KBS Tour-V 125 - TM P730 3-PW, KBS $-Taper 125
Ben Hogan Equalizer 53/58, KBS Tour-V 120
Mann Mini - Cameron CT | TP5x | [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/480312-rebbys-witb-with-black-miura-1957s/"]My WITB Thread[/url]