Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

Figured I would weigh in, what the hell, I have spent a few hours with tiger and my brother is 5 years sober from opioids and I have had a back surgery and none of that qualifies the following, but......

I think it is reasonable to speculate that with the surgeries and the nature of opioids that he legally became susceptible to Pks. When I left the hospital after my back surgery, I was literally addicted to dilated(sp) from just being accustomed to getting it for 4-5 days on the regular. By that I mean it took a few days to adjust, but if I had the means or access it would have seemed ok to have more.

My bro battled an icy addiction and I had to write him off for dead, fortunately he became a miricke through AA, but it is all good to make comments until you have seen someone you truly know become someone else.

My time with tiger was interesting, but I think the setting dropped a personal guard a lot, and really he is just a dude. A dude that has had an epic fall only capable from a more epic rise. Multiple surgeries, knowing you are done, losing your dad and maybe he didn't care about his family, but those if us with kids know how they put perspective on us.

He deserves all the good and bad comments. He is nothing without fame, and this is the other side. But at the end of the day, he is just a dude, like thousands of others, that likely is battling a perscriotion PK problem. You can't say "no driver", dude, he isn't rational. My brother had my dad arrested when he was trying to save him and my family (really long story lol) but all the logic is out. The fame is out. This has been happening Inc to good dudes, bad dudes, rich dudes, poor dudes, and all in between for quite a while, and my biggest take away is that we know he is mentally strong. So basically he has given up after this last surgery, or it really shows you how strong these opioids are, and the sad reality is it is only a little if both.

It is fun to take shots at someone who has achieved so much, but at the end of the day your best friend, your wife, your kids, or you are a car accident or injury away from the same circumstances and no one will care.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Police believe they have an iron shut case against Tiger.

Tiger said he is teed off about the charges as he was just puttering around early in the day practicing for the Ninteenth Hole playoff with John Daly.

More golf news @ Six!

try the veal

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Time to stop speculating about stuff you have no information on. DUI could be anything, maybe it was an unexpected side-effect of pain medication TW is taking related to his recent surgeries. Maybe this is a case of a police officer / DA trying to make a name for themselves by charging TW with a crime when none was committed. TW has a history of making good decisions in his life, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

To all TW haters -- go slither back under your log.

kewl :taunt:

Great decision to get behind the wheel intoxicated. Says it all about the man and his apologists.

DUI, the "I" is for influence and not intoxicated.

That's ok then. Hope he was high as well eh? Says it all.

Time to stop speculating about stuff you have no information on. DUI could be anything, maybe it was an unexpected side-effect of pain medication TW is taking related to his recent surgeries. Maybe this is a case of a police officer / DA trying to make a name for themselves by charging TW with a crime when none was committed. TW has a history of making good decisions in his life, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

TW, please re-read your first sentence and apply it to the Law Enforcement community as well, to which I am related. They happen to serve the community on your behalf. Police officers who stop someone on a holiday weekend due to trained circumstances, in this case DUI, do so for good reason. They arrest that person based on results of failure of tests that show a blood alcohol level higher than allowed by law. Many well intentioned citizens who get stopped for DUI do have a history of making good decisions in their lives, and over all, TW has been a champion to a level that none of us could ever dream of. Police officers are upholding the law for people like you and me, not 'making a name for themselves'. If you were to come to my town today, I could take you to the home of a friend of our family, who lost her husband last year in an auto accident due to a drunk driver. Now she is left with raising their six children. DUI is serious, Tiger was released under his own recognizance, where many people would not be. I am thinking already that he would like to have the evening back to rethink driving home, but I appreciate the way he honors the military, and I'm sure he would have respect of the law as well, and will not come out saying that anyone involved was trying to make a name for themselves.

To all of those hammering him, unless you reacted the same way to a family member, or friend, or if you did to yourself, if you had one drink within an hour of drivingyour judgment is impaired, then shut up.

TW is a public figure with a history of scandal. This is one more thing. Fair game for mockery. For the most part I think the comments aren't for him but for you all, his tireless supporters.

just...wow....

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Great decision to get behind the wheel intoxicated. Says it all about the man and his apologists.

Do you realize that most people have at one time in their life done the exact same thing? Are you equally disgusted. I have never defended driving drunk but the threshold is very low with todays laws and nearly anyone who has gotten behind the wheel after a drink is just as guilty and if you drink alcohol whike out and about there is about a 99% chance you fall in that category.

So are you saying you have never got behind the wheel after one drink because that's all it takes to break the law. One beer, one shot, one glass of wine.

And that's why I'm not so stupid as I've seen first hand the damage it does. Selfish and idiotic in the extreme but that's long been the case with Tiger and his entourage. At least you've outed yourself.

This thread is disappointing. I'm stuck working on memorial day and I came here for the memes to be entertained. Instead it's a bunch of the same stuff over and over again. Get it together people, Internet is supposed to be undefeated.

welcome to the wrx...who are you? I c you been a member since 12' ..... ya know they probably had to fire up another server to handle all the traffic on this thread.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Do you realize that most people have at one time in their life done the exact same thing? Are you equally disgusted. I have never defended driving drunk but the threshold is very low with todays laws and nearly anyone who has gotten behind the wheel after a drink is just as guilty and if you drink alcohol whike out and about there is about a 99% chance you fall in that category.

So are you saying you have never got behind the wheel after one drink because that's all it takes to break the law. One beer, one shot, one glass of wine.

All those drunks at a PGA Tour event, how do they all get home? It seems as if half the crowd are canned. And all those golfers on WRX's who start or participate in the drinking on the golf course threads, most of those seem to be pretty tanked. How do they get home?

These are genuine questions. it may be that none of them drive or it may be that all of them do.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

Figured I would weigh in, what the hell, I have spent a few hours with tiger and my brother is 5 years sober from opioids and I have had a back surgery and none of that qualifies the following, but......

I think it is reasonable to speculate that with the surgeries and the nature of opioids that he legally became susceptible to Pks. When I left the hospital after my back surgery, I was literally addicted to dilated(sp) from just being accustomed to getting it for 4-5 days on the regular. By that I mean it took a few days to adjust, but if I had the means or access it would have seemed ok to have more.

My bro battled an icy addiction and I had to write him off for dead, fortunately he became a miricke through AA, but it is all good to make comments until you have seen someone you truly know become someone else.

My time with tiger was interesting, but I think the setting dropped a personal guard a lot, and really he is just a dude. A dude that has had an epic fall only capable from a more epic rise. Multiple surgeries, knowing you are done, losing your dad and maybe he didn't care about his family, but those if us with kids know how they put perspective on us.

He deserves all the good and bad comments. He is nothing without fame, and this is the other side. But at the end of the day, he is just a dude, like thousands of others, that likely is battling a perscriotion PK problem. You can't say "no driver", dude, he isn't rational. My brother had my dad arrested when he was trying to save him and my family (really long story lol) but all the logic is out. The fame is out. This has been happening Inc to good dudes, bad dudes, rich dudes, poor dudes, and all in between for quite a while, and my biggest take away is that we know he is mentally strong. So basically he has given up after this last surgery, or it really shows you how strong these opioids are, and the sad reality is it is only a little if both.

It is fun to take shots at someone who has achieved so much, but at the end of the day your best friend, your wife, your kids, or you are a car accident or injury away from the same circumstances and no one will care.

amen Biggie... the irony here is that most of the haters probably have a wife, sister, mother, father brother who is on pain meds "legally" and drive plenty ,maybe with or without a glass of wine and maybe even with their kids in the car..... yet for some reason feel the need to throw rocks at this guy....

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

No excuse for bad decision.

I am one who hoped for at least a flash of the old tiger on course, however improbable.

Now I just hope he can get to old age as a flawed but improved by experiences father,

and secondarily golf elder

I hope Tiger has an adult somebody around him that truly gives a crap about him.

The negative headline progression over the years is scary

While I've had my share of criticisms about Tiger and his behavior ON the course, I can't bring myself to beat a guy up over his personal life, and mistakes made.

If I'd had the misfortune to get caught while I was doing a few certain things, my life would have been much different, and not for the better.

Amen on that. Of thing is that so many posts are assuming that it was drinking. DUI is not necessarily alcohol related. That is why they have changed usually from dwi to dui. The former was "while intoxicated" and the second covers all bases with the "under the influence".

What I do have going for me is that clearly I am in the midst of saints. To be reveling in the misfortune of others as so many are is just abhorrent behavior in my book. As was Tiger's behavior. Fortunately in this case no one was hurt and Tiger will learn from this. Unfortunately most posters will not learn that next time it could be them but fortunately it would not make world news if they did the same or similar.

Id say dwi and dui is the same thing - under the influence of intoxicants, or while intoxicated, is essentially the same thing except it takes away the assumption that someone was 'hammered' Under the influence could mean one pint of strong beer or 10 pints of strong beer. 'While intoxicated' suggests that they were actually drunk or physically impaired through whatever drug they took. Just semantics, I'd imagine.

I would be surprised if this was anything but an instance where he had too many the night before and was still over the 'edge', so to speak - we've all been there.

The big surprise here is that Tiger was actually drinking - never thought he'd do it really. (assuming the DUI is for drink...)

While I've had my share of criticisms about Tiger and his behavior ON the course, I can't bring myself to beat a guy up over his personal life, and mistakes made.

If I'd had the misfortune to get caught while I was doing a few certain things, my life would have been much different, and not for the better.

Amen on that. Of thing is that so many posts are assuming that it was drinking. DUI is not necessarily alcohol related. That is why they have changed usually from dwi to dui. The former was "while intoxicated" and the second covers all bases with the "under the influence".

What I do have going for me is that clearly I am in the midst of saints. To be reveling in the misfortune of others as so many are is just abhorrent behavior in my book. As was Tiger's behavior. Fortunately in this case no one was hurt and Tiger will learn from this. Unfortunately most posters will not learn that next time it could be them but fortunately it would not make world news if they did the same or similar.

Revelling in Tiger's misfortune stupidity is poor form, but he deserves a full measure of public criticism and embarrassment for such a selfish act.

That he gets a lot more of it than a most people... well, that goes with the territory. Don't like the publicity, choose a different line of work - and give up the hundreds of millions of dollars that go along with it.

Yes, my "reveling in the misfortune" was a generic comment. Tiger was stupid in this case. No argument there.

Why does choosing to be the best you can be at any thing "go with the territory" as far as losing any semblance of privacy? Athlete, actor, CEO, author, politician and more. None of those, especially the athletes, go into it with the idea of making millions. They just have a need to see how good they can get at something they love and live for the competition. At what point do they lose the right to be treated as a person?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

They can see if he was positive for roids while they're at it.

Driver: (10.5) Taylormade SIM2 MAX Graphite Design YS-6X

3-Wood: (13) Taylormade V-Steel Grafalloy ProLite 35X

Hybrid: (18) Ping Rapture Aldlia VS By You 80X

Utility: (21) New Level NLU-01 True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Irons: (5-P) New Level 902 PD True Temper Dynamic Gold X100

Gap/Sand: (48, 54) New Level SPN Forged S Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 (48), S400 (54)

Lob: (58) Vokey Wedgeworks T Grind True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
Putter: Tad Moore Pro1 Long Neck

Ball: Snell MTB Black

All those drunks at a PGA Tour event, how do they all get home? It seems as if half the crowd are canned. And all those golfers on WRX's who start or participate in the drinking on the golf course threads, most of those seem to be pretty tanked. How do they get home?

These are genuine questions. it may be that none of them drive or it may be that all of them do.

answer is that at events like this cops look the other way... you could sit outside any bar in teh US and arrest 80% leaving for beng over the limit... easy .... but they dont ..why ? $$... you cant lock up half the town and keep your job... but you can lock up one celebrity and gain more funding for your dept due to the publicity and appearance of "cleaning up the streets".

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock