2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, Golf Channel has already produced and shown their puff piece on Tiger, the point always being that we all owe him so much. I say that we don't owe him a bloody thing. He's been more than rewarded for being good at a game. I applaud him for his work with charities and kids, but that's about it. Golf would still be golf without TW and most of us would still be playing it as we do, probably with lower expectations, which would also be fine. The fact is though, that he's a very flawed person, like a lot of us. He's always appeared to be condescending, arrogant, and dishonest and those frailties continue to haunt him. I wish that golf would just let him go. As far as I know, he's done nothing for the game itself other than providing us with some entertainment. Sure, he's made those whose business is golf lots of money, including the Golf Channel and their sponsors, and they hate to see him go but, honestly, I don't. I'm much happier seeing the current crop of quality young players on their way up. Tiger is a tool of a human being, that just can't help but screw up with his attitude toward other people and his air of superiority. I used to be as big a fan of his as anyone, but sadly, I just can't say it anymore. I ran into him a couple of times when he was a young teenager, and he had the same attitude then. He's been coddled and sucked up to by everyone around him since childhood and IMHO it's ruined him as a human being.

Yeah, pathetic situation. Damn shame this is overshadowing the hard work of all the NCAA players this week. TGC seems to think they need to mention it every 15 mins. Sick of this crap.

BT

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Are they going to put a new unironed shirt straight from the packet on him and wheel him out sedated like last time?

I am watching the marketing machine with interest on how they try to reverse out of this 1.

Great great golfer in his day, but never warmed to his on course behaviour though. I suppose as a polar opposite Tom Watson fan I was never going to though.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Again, I'm not condoning what Tiger did, I'm not saying it's okay, I'm not trying to normalize how often these things occur.

I'm just saying that, on the scale of bad things people do, if it's legal-pain-killer-related, it doesn't even move the needle in my eyes.

Would you be saying the same thing if he plowed into someone walking on the side of the road and killed him?

Sure, it's not horrible until an innocent person gets hurt or killed. It doesn't matter whether it was alcohol, weed, or prescription drugs. You've not only screwed over the person you hit, you've screwed yourself over big time when you're standing in front of the judge.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

3am?

I always told my kids, there are only two kinds of people on the roads after midnight, drunk drivers and cops looking for drunk drivers.

* The mugshot has some Willie McGinest qualities to it. That was my first impression, anyway. Maybe it's my USC bias. Come to think of it, there was a time I wished Tiger had attended USC. Not anymore. Our sporting alums don't embarrass the university, although some of them have knee issues like Tiger.

Mark Sanchez is a pretty big embarrassment if you ask me...

Wait a sec....

~Reggie Bush

~ OJ Mayo

~ That pinheade Plastic Patronizing HC who jumps ship to the NFL just ahead of the storm??

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-ncaa-sanctions-20140608-story,amp.html

Your athletic program was a cesspool???

Your sporting alums don't embarrass the program???

Oh jeezusssssss, do I love this place!!!!!??????

You guys rock!!!!!

All the Best?

RP

You forgot Rey Maualuga, Josh Shaw, the Ting Brothers, Tim Floyd, Steve Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin, Osa Masina, Pat Haden, Mike Garrett, Matt Leinart......

I'm probably more medicated than Tiger at his peak, lmao

Thanks!!

Wait, who's the QB who's dad was like the white man's Earl Woods cept his kid derailed outa college, lol, and they called the kid "Robo QB," lmao

His father never let him eat at McD's or fast foods, he started him lifting at like 7/8yo and he had him throwing through tires at 8yo-

He left USC early under a cloud and flamed outa the NFL

Had a DUI, reefer arrest, etc-

The usual USC alum stuff???

I believe that his last team were the Raiders

Red headed kid

Thanks again?

My Best?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Pretty sure my issues and most of Tiger's issues are nothing alike.

Well but that wasn't really what he was saying, was it? That we all have sex addiction, DUI, and golf problems? Okay maybe 1 out of 3 he was saying.

While looking at his mugshot, I can only be disappointed when thinking of what this man was at one time, what he is now, and what he could have been. I also think about how he was raised by a military father and how that affected not only his golf, but his entire life.

I wasn't aware of unique traits passed down to offspring from being raised by a military father. Please enlighten.

Agreed, that's a pretty irresponsible statement that somehow his father's military experience impacted his son. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

Of course, Golf Channel has already produced and shown their puff piece on Tiger, the point always being that we all owe him so much. I say that we don't owe him a bloody thing. He's been more than rewarded for being good at a game. I applaud him for his work with charities and kids, but that's about it. Golf would still be golf without TW and most of us would still be playing it as we do, probably with lower expectations, which would also be fine. The fact is though, that he's a very flawed person, like a lot of us. He's always appeared to be condescending, arrogant, and dishonest and those frailties continue to haunt him. I wish that golf would just let him go. As far as I know, he's done nothing for the game itself other than providing us with some entertainment. Sure, he's made those whose business is golf lots of money, including the Golf Channel and their sponsors, and they hate to see him go but, honestly, I don't. I'm much happier seeing the current crop of quality young players on their way up. Tiger is a tool of a human being, that just can't help but screw up with his attitude toward other people and his air of superiority. I used to be as big a fan of his as anyone, but sadly, I just can't say it anymore. I ran into him a couple of times when he was a young teenager, and he had the same attitude then. He's been coddled and sucked up to by everyone around him since childhood and IMHO it's ruined him as a human being.

+ 1,000,000 I had the same experiences as you with him in my interactions with him, and find your accounting of yours to be accurate.

answer is that at events like this cops look the other way... you could sit outside any bar in teh US and arrest 80% leaving for beng over the limit... easy .... but they dont ..why ? $$... you cant lock up half the town and keep your job... but you can lock up one celebrity and gain more funding for your dept due to the publicity and appearance of "cleaning up the streets".

Even for WRX that is an impressive amount of wildly inaccurate speculation.

G400 LST 10* Tour 65x
G400 15.5* Tour 75x
G30 19* Tour 90x
Z785 X100 4-9
SM7 46.10F/50.08F/54.08M/60.8M
MCC plus4 mid
Kingston KP1 GSS w/ Pingman
Srixon Z star XV

Not sure about the pupils, but I suspect some reconstructive hair surgery.

I could see how youd get drunk if you paid for surgery and it looked like that.

Tigerrrrr!

Get it together.

When my best friend got engaged, his father in law to be started to let his hair grow. He and his future bride would comment on it when they saw him, which wasn't all that often living in different states. They got married in her homwtown., the morning of the wedding, her father comes in to greet them with this RIDICULOUS looking perm he'd gotten with his new long locks. He looked terrible, borderline insanse, and the 2 of them were truly speechless. He played it off like it was nothing, and made no mention of his hair at all. Well she was just flustered, almost distraught at the thought of this rats nest of a haircut dominating her wedding photo's for eternity.Then about 2 hours before the ceremony his barber showed up at the hotel to cut off that mess and make him look like a non crazy person again. a practical joke that took 6 months to pull off. That's serious dedication to f****** with your daughter and son in law

Sorry, got off on a tangent. It's just that Tigers hair reminds me so much of that dudes look i just had to share.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

One of the worst things you can do is take a pain killer with a beer.

Yes, that's true. You lose your motor functions. It happened to me one time. I took an Oxy and had a glass of wine. Felt hot and dizzy. Got up to get a glass of water and fell on the floor. Scared the hell outta me. I had to go outside and get some fresh air. Took a long walk and felt better.

So yeah, I think it's possible that the same type of thing may have happened to Tiger. I highly doubt he was trying to get "High" by mixing pills and booze though. He probably took a pain killer before dinner and had a beer or something.

IT WAS 3 AM THOUGH!! long dinner............

LOL. You're right.

Well, lets think of the best possible scenario here.

Tiger goes to bed at 9pm. He wakes up at 1am with throbbing back pain and takes a narcotic to settle the pain. An hour goes by watching Jack reruns from the 86 Masters and he can't get back to sleep. So, he goes downstairs, grabs a glass of wine and heads outside to relax. Half way through the glass, a Cuban cigar from his humidor (Partagas Serie P No. 2) is calling his name. He goes to light it, but realizes his Dunhill lighter is fresh out of butane and there's no matches in the house for toasting. What's a guy to do???

He jumps in his Cadillac SUV and heads for the Jupiter WalMart knowing they must have some butane. On the way there, he starts to black out, so he pulls over and turns off the car. Just then, a Jupiter police vehicle drives by and notices Tiger asleep at the wheel. The officer taps on the window to wake him up. Tiger rolls down the window and the cop asks him for his autograph. Tiger signs the autograph, but he's so dizzy it looks like chicken scratch. The cops gets pissed off and takes him downtown on a DUI.

Sounds legit.

Whatever driver happens to be working at the time
Some random 3 wood
My same, old irons
A few wedges...
Scotty Cameron Fastback

Are they going to put a new unironed shirt straight from the packet on him and wheel him out sedated like last time?

I am watching the marketing machine with interest on how they try to reverse out of this 1.

Great great golfer in his day, but never warmed to his on course behaviour though. I suppose as a polar opposite Tom Watson fan I was never going to though.

Watson, reportedly, is a recovering alcoholic, so, I imagine he can empathize with TW.

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline by a major athlete in history? The only thing I can think of that comes close is Tyson getting TKO'd by Buster Douglas. But Tyson never had Tiger's choir boy image. I find it hard to believe he was under the influence of booze. Tiger doesn't have the reputation of being a big drinker. Could have been pain pills from the back surgery or sleeping pills. Oh well, there's always YouTube highlights of the glory days.

OJ_white_Bronco_chase.jpg

Watson, reportedly, is a recovering alcoholic, so, I imagine he can empathize with TW.

Yes Tom was drunk all week in 83 when he won his 5th Open at Birkdale I was told. Thar came from a guy I know who was connected to Adams. Tom was a gent on the course though, unless you got under his skin like Player!

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

OJ_white_Bronco_chase.jpg

That was during the Knicks game!

Never forget it. I got trashed and ran over all the neighbors mailboxes on my street ; )

Has there ever been a more precipitous decline of a golf forum having credibility than this forum.......Really....A mug shot on the home page and then people rushing in and acting like they are so far above ever being in a situation where they could be charged with DUI.......This is pathetic.

Can't decide what's scarier, Tiger's mugshot or Kymar's avatar.

you should see KYMAR in a speedo :cheesy:

Please tell me you're joking. Or guessing.

My very real fear here is that the word you're looking for is "fantasizing"

I'm pretty sure this is the second such reference he's made in his weird, extremely uncomfortable, obsession.

lol..it was all in good harmless fun..... :taunt:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Can't decide what's scarier, Tiger's mugshot or Kymar's avatar.

you should see KYMAR in a speedo :cheesy:

Please tell me you're joking. Or guessing.

My very real fear here is that the word you're looking for is "fantasizing"

I'm pretty sure this is the second such reference he's made in his weird, extremely uncomfortable, obsession.

lol..it was all in good harmless fun..... :taunt:

haha i know dude.

I meant to throw in the obligatory :drinks: but my son, who is an hour late per usual, finally texted me and I got distracted!

Yes, we're having a Memorial day cookout

NO, there will not be swimming.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Of course, Golf Channel has already produced and shown their puff piece on Tiger, the point always being that we all owe him so much. I say that we don't owe him a bloody thing.

Who's we? Anyone who plays the game professionally or works in and around the industry certainly does. They also owe Jack, Arnie, and many more.

Golf would still be golf without TW and most of us would still be playing it as we do, probably with lower expectations, which would also be fine.

I would bet my house that a very significant portion of the members of this website (who I assume you mean by 'us') are playing golf solely because of Tiger Woods. I will even go as far as saying The Golf Channel and websites such as this one still exist solely because of Tiger Woods.

I'm much happier seeing the current crop of quality young players on their way up.

A 21 year old just won The Players. Spieth, Rahm, All these guys were born in the mid 90's. Players like Day, Rory, hundred of others born in the early 90's. Tiger turned pro in 1996. Coincidence?

Tiger is a tool of a human being, that just can't help but screw up with his attitude toward other people and his air of superiority. I used to be as big a fan of his as anyone, but sadly, I just can't say it anymore. I ran into him a couple of times when he was a young teenager, and he had the same attitude then. He's been coddled and sucked up to by everyone around him since childhood and IMHO it's ruined him as a human being.

So he had this air of superiority when you met him, but still continued to be a huge fan? Seems legit.

10% of the population gets a a DUI

You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a razor scooter. You can get one for sleeping in your car in the parking lot at the bar, never having driven at all.

The spirit of the law is to keep people safe, but the enforcement of the law is about making examples out of people, and generating revenue for county and state entities.

It's also the end of the month, and a holiday weekend, so I'll wait for all the details to surface before criminalizing him