2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

People don't realize how easy it is to get a DUI. Nowadays it is literally not smart to have more than one drink if you have to drive and actually abstaining in public is not bad policy. Yes he should have gotten a ride but I'm sure he didn't think he was that impaired and I'd be willing to bet they were waiting for him and his buddies. Sorry this happened.

Most people probably understand how to get a DUI: just drink alcohol and get behind the wheel of a vehicle. There is no excuse for drinking and driving. He's lucky that he didn't hurt or kill someone.

If you are driving drunk, you deserve to get arrested - plain and simple.

True,

But how you figure the millions of people at bars and restaurants thurs-sat night all drinking and driving home?

Today, there will be millions tanking up at bbqs and driving home.

Not right, but thats reality. Lets not make it seem like he did anything the *majority* of people havent done.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inb4 all the losers on their high horse. Oh wait, I guess I'm already too late for that. Tigers life is still better than yours.

Hahahahaha Tiger fanboys always so sensitive

Truth hurts, eh? Sad.

I will take this one, and try to add a little more than just a one line comedy club bit at your expense.

I bet you a dollar to a donut that right now Tiger would rather be anyone on this site than Tiger Woods. See, not everything in life is about fame and money. Tiger has 2 kids that (and I dont' know Tiger or his kids, but I feel safe in saying this) adore him. They think he hung the moon. Today they get to wake up to a world that knows their daddy did something very stupid. If I were to do something just as stupid, my kids might or might not find out about it.

I get that Tiger may have a great life to some people. I'll make you another bet, most of those people are under the age of 25 or don't have kids of their own.

So take up for Tiger if you want, I don't care. But don't automatically assume that because you know who he is, that he has a better life than anyone here, or some of the people here.

DZC

Get ready for the insincere apology. I've learned a lot from this experience. Bet Elin will be thrilled as he might drive the kids around with a little nip. Wonder how often in his heyday the Jupiter cops went wink wink. Now he is just a broken down golfer has been he gets arrested. Why not get blasted at home, call a cab, a friend like Nohta who will be the first to stick up for him being a drunk himself..now the resume is comeplete. Probably a reaction to the realization he is done as a golfer.. Best looking mug shot ever...hope they do a blood test as well to see what else he was using for pain to cause that total wasted look...

Arrested on Memorial Day, sure Earl would be proud.

People don't realize how easy it is to get a DUI. Nowadays it is literally not smart to have more than one drink if you have to drive and actually abstaining in public is not bad policy. Yes he should have gotten a ride but I'm sure he didn't think he was that impaired and I'd be willing to bet they were waiting for him and his buddies. Sorry this happened.

Most people probably understand how to get a DUI: just drink alcohol and get behind the wheel of a vehicle. There is no excuse for drinking and driving. He's lucky that he didn't hurt or kill someone.

True,

But how you figure the millions of people at bars and restaurants thurs-sat night all drinking and driving home?

Not right, but thats reality. Lets not make it seem like he did anything the *majority* of people havent done.

I drink soda and water when I know i'm driving, guess I'm in the minority.

I don't think you give Tiger a pass because other people exhibit bad judgement and put innocent peoples lives at risk by driving under the influence.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Get ready for the insincere apology. I've learned a lot from this experience. Bet Elin will be thrilled as he might drive the kids around with a little nip. Wonder how often in his heyday the Jupiter cops went wink wink. Now he is just a broken down golfer has been he gets arrested. Why not get blasted at home, call a cab, a friend like Nohta who will be the first to stick up for him being a drunk himself..now the resume is comeplete. Probably a reaction to the realization he is done as a golfer.. Best looking mug shot ever...hope they do a blood test as well to see what else he was using for pain to cause that total wasted look...

....And this is exactly why this forum has turned into total crap. This is TMZ level stuff with a hell of a lot of assumptions.

Addictive personality in all that he does, not ideal here.

I'm just curious, "addictive personality in all that he does," how so??

Please don't tell me that he was a "sex addict"

I've heard a lot of armchair shrinks diagnoses(no, real shrinks who've chirped either on TV, in print or in the virtual world) and I have never heard one of describe him as having an addictive personality-

Just curious

My Best

RP

Addictive in all he does, thats what i meant.. In some ways good, not every personality has the ability to be the most dominant golfer ever, where betting on him or the field was a fair bet. It got him there by allowing him to practice and play golf at a new level

But the flip side is unfortunately this, alcohol, drugs, or maybe his injuries, the excessive lifting and running

Did not mean to be "armchair shrink" but its just an observation, some people have a more addictive personality than others

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

True,

I drink soda and water when I know i'm driving, guess I'm in the minority.

I don't think you give Tiger a pass because other people exhibit bad judgement and put innocent peoples lives at risk by driving under the influence.

Thats fine. I never said he gets a pass, so I hope youre not impying I did.

I just said the truth.

The majority of people have done what TW may have done.

I wonder how many of his sponsors will use this as an excuse to bail on his endorsement contracts. Most of these contracts have morals clauses and DUI / DWI is usually a actionable event that could be used to terminate a contract.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Surely, they have some sort of a clause for things like this..

While looking at his mugshot, I can only be disappointed when thinking of what this man was at one time, what he is now, and what he could have been. I also think about how he was raised by a military father and how that affected not only his golf, but his entire life.

Military father yes

But pops also showed him the ways of chasing skirt.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

Posted right after the WD from Dubai that something was fishy with Tiger that week. It has been rumored for a little while that Tiger has stepped up the partying and possibly has some personal issues. In Dubai he did an interview with Drink in hand, which I don't recall Tiger doing ever, especially considering how sensitive his PR people must be. There was also this video (https://twitter.com/TwSpot/status/827612389860327424) which some may say he is walking gingerly due to back issues, but to me it doesn't look like that.

Taylormade M3 10.5 /HZRDS 6.5X
Titleist 913fd 15
Taylormade GAPR Mid 3
Titleist 716MB 7-PW
Titleist 716CB 4-6

Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Tel3 Newport

Bridgestone Tour B X

To all you morons changing your avatar to Tiger's mugshot, grow up.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

All this means so far is that he makes poor decisions when drunk and has friends who can't be bothered to confront him and take the keys away (as a former valet, it's frustrating to have to do this with adults who know better, but you save lives and livelihoods when you sack up and do it).

I can name three people I know personally who have gotten DUIs but are definitely not alcoholics. Those accusing him of alcoholism need to cite additional proof before throwing out that label.

That typed, there is simply no excuse for him to drive drunk. I am willing to bet there are at least 5,000 people within 30 miles of where he was who would have been ecstatic to be woken up and asked to pick him up. Throw in Uber, Lyft, the multitude of cab services, and free anti-drunk driving services (depending on where you live) and there is simply no realistic scenario today where you are forced to drive drunk (those living in BFE can shut the hell up - you're not helping)

Of course, this will all be forgiven and forgotten if he's in contention on the back nine of a tournament (not even a major) in the next couple of years.

You made my point but let me ask. Are you part of the "he needs help" gang or would you agree he just made a very bad decision.

There is no doubt that he made a very bad decision - a decision that I have zero sympathy for, regardless of the reason or excuse that might be offered.

Whether this is an issue for which he needs professional help is something that I cannot answer. I don't have the knowledge or facts to adequately address that issue (and probably neither does anyone else in this discussion).

If winning was easy, losers would do it.