Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the single you are paired with shakes your hand vigorously on the first tee and enquires "say, have you ever heard of Amway?"   Rob

when you buy new irons off ebay and can't make good contact or a playable ball flight..   run to the truck at the turn, get your babies back and you're back in action.  

Agreed. We had, I dunno, maybe 15 kids on my high school team and probably only 4 of them could break 45 for 9 holes consistently at the time. I was not one of them as I had only been playing for abou

You know it's going to be a long day...…..when you're playing partner turns out to be a lost-ball hunter, and spends all his time in the weeds and bushes.

GHIN Index 12.7
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Tensei CK Blue 60-Stiff 
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue Pro 4-AW, Recoil 760 F3
LH Callaway Rogue 19* 3-Hb, Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

Just for fun and not meant to degrade anyone. Just finish the sentence above.

Here's mine:

"you are joined up with a threesome who, at 7:05 in the morning, are already chugging beers and are worried that the 24 pack they bought won't be enough."

"... I am playing a tournament round and paired with a USGA rules official who assumes I don't know the rules and explains the rules every time I am about to hit a ball"

When playing as a single you get paired up with a group 3 old men... then the youngest old man of the bunch introduces himself with the caveat, "I'm 88 and have a bad case of vertigo, so I tend to go a little slower."

True story, and it happened to me just yesterday.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

You go three under across three holes at Oakmont and ya come out of it 2 down, losing two and halving the third. It was actually a short day as I lost an Inter-Club Championship match to Jay Sigel 5&4. We lost the IC-Championship, a RC format event, by 1/2 point, giving Oakmont their 12th straight Championship.

It was a both a short and long arse day, hahaha.

I would get a measure of redemption when the following year, 1994, I would captain our team to a Victory, stopping Oakmont’s run at a dozen, and defeating Duke Delcher in the deciding match on the 23rd hole.

Karma?

Cheers?

RP

Later Edit: 10/07/2018, 10:07am~ Madison informed me that it was in fact 6&5, not 5&4, lol. Apologies as the years have not been kind to my memory. Who knows, if I live to be 80yo, maybe I would have taken Jay to the 22nd hole, making my victory the following year over Duke the ultimate act of Karma ??? Have a great week, RP II

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

When you're paired with a supposed "professional" golfer who starts complaining about the last course he played having really tight fairways and really deep rough...and your course has...wait for it...really tight fairways and very deep rough...ruh roh, Shaggy! "So, you've never played my course before, (rhymes with Shill)? Any interest in some side action?"

[b][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero - 12.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S [/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5 Wood: Callaway Epic Subzero- 17 Deg - [/font][/size][/b][b][size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] GD Tour AD MT - &S[/font][/size][/b]
[b][size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hybrid: Callaway Epic - 20 & 23 deg - Recoil 780 F5
Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 - 6i-SW - Recoil 110 F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Taylormade TP-x
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

You've drawn the new guy who resembles Magilla the Gorilla as a partner in the monthly foursomes (alternating shots) and he has in his bag 4 clubs:

An M4 driver with the price sticker still on it, and the crown already destroyed by sky marks.

A no name 5 & 8 iron.

A Ping Pal 2 putter were the grip has been replaced with electricians tape.

And he DOES NOT have a single digit handicap.

When one of the people you get paired with use the club to align their shoulders and feet on the first tee box.

My wife's mom does this and she plays twice a week and is probably better than half the people in this thread.

You'll be telling us she has headcovers on her irons next...........

Regards - 'Shuv"

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

When one of the people you get paired with use the club to align their shoulders and feet on the first tee box.

My wife's mom does this and she plays twice a week and is probably better than half the people in this thread.

You'll be telling us she has headcovers on her irons next...........

She doesn't, but I do. :pardon:

Okay i haven't read every single post but for me its starting off the first hole going fairway, green and 3 putt for bogey.

When I birdie the first hole. It never ends well.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

You notice the seasoned ball retriever in the bag.

The one that has freshly been re-gripped.

With an Iomic no less. For the 4th time.

Bag as of June 2020 Driver - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 661 Evo 2 3w - Mizuno ST190 w/ Fuji Speeder 757 Evo 2 Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff Irons - Mizuno MP-5 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 120 FLT Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 50/54/60 Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

I once invited my sister and brother-in-law (never golfed) to play with me and my wife (long time golfers)….don't know what I was thinking; I thought after a few missed shots, mis-hits, that they'd pick up, but instead they wanted to hit every shots! Turned into a 7.5-hour round, where we had to rush because it was starting to get dark. I looked at my wife afterwards and said "if I ever suggest we golf with non-golfers again, do me a favor and smack me one!"

GHIN Index 12.7
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Tensei CK Blue 60-Stiff 
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue Pro 4-AW, Recoil 760 F3
LH Callaway Rogue 19* 3-Hb, Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter