Works fine on iPhone.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

It works on any device. iPhone, iPad, laptop, android, etc. The only issue is with initially opening the zip file on iPhones and iPads. Apple doesn't let you unzip zip files on iPhones and iPads for some reason. So you need to either unzip the file on a laptop or desktop, or send me a quick email and I'll manually attach the program to the email.

The perils of retirement... My r shoulder started acting up - I have some history with it. Doc said to me 'you're 65, spend 6+ hrs/week in gym and hit a large+ bucket of balls most days. Something's bound to break.' It's mainly the range that's the problem but it sure put a damper on everything for a while. Means a lot of short game practice, which led to reading bob rotella on putting who also says the trick is to make a putting stroke with freedom from conscious thought about mechanics - just the target and let it go.

Rob, that's your point, too. I was wondering when you were pitching and were trying to improve something, a mechanical thing, how'd you actually pitch in competition? Did you really let go of the mechanical thought in the game?

Shoulder is feeling better so I am back in the gym a little this week but no arm stuff. Going to ease back into it but I think it's the range time that really stresses it most. Crap I found a deal where I can hit all the balls I want for free. I love to do that. But my shoulder doesn't!

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

It works on any device. iPhone, iPad, laptop, android, etc. The only issue is with initially opening the zip file on iPhones and iPads. Apple doesn't let you unzip zip files on iPhones and iPads for some reason. So you need to either unzip the file on a laptop or desktop, or send me a quick email and I'll manually attach the program to the email.

So everything would be perfectly fine on my Samsung then? Sold!

The perils of retirement... My r shoulder started acting up - I have some history with it. Doc said to me 'you're 65, spend 6+ hrs/week in gym and hit a large+ bucket of balls most days. Something's bound to break.' It's mainly the range that's the problem but it sure put a damper on everything for a while. Means a lot of short game practice, which led to reading bob rotella on putting who also says the trick is to make a putting stroke with freedom from conscious thought about mechanics - just the target and let it go.

Rob, that's your point, too. I was wondering when you were pitching and were trying to improve something, a mechanical thing, how'd you actually pitch in competition? Did you really let go of the mechanical thought in the game?

Shoulder is feeling better so I am back in the gym a little this week but no arm stuff. Going to ease back into it but I think it's the range time that really stresses it most. Crap I found a deal where I can hit all the balls I want for free. I love to do that. But my shoulder doesn't!

Glad the shoulder is feeling better! What do you think helped the most?

My pitching career was a rollercoaster ride of epic proportions. First time I picked up a ball at age 11, I had the natural ability to throw hard. I never had any formal instruction and my mechanics were 100% natural. I let my mechanics be a result, not a focus. Once I turned 14, a local pitching coach bought a book written by "pitching guru" Tom House, who said pitchers should break their throwing motion down into segmented parts, pause in a "scarecrow" position at the top of the throwing motion, and then throw. So this local coach who worked with me got me practicing this and I can honestly say, that first lesson was the beginning of the end of my career. From that point on, it ignited my analytical mind and I never threw without thinking again. It changed my natural arm-action and timing and completely took the athleticism out of my pitching motion. It was the beginning of a snowball situation that I never recovered from. I knew nothing about mechanics at the time so all my Dad and I could do is look for another pitching coach and another and another (about 50) and eventually you become so manipulated and confused and you're so far from your natural throwing motion or golf swing, it's impossible to ever find it again. That's why I tell people be very cautious with analyzing and breaking things down. Paralysis by analysis is death in sports.

What's amazing is I have video footage of myself pitching at age 11,12,13 (prior to my lessons) as well as footage after (14-24) and you can just tell there was something not right. My explosiveness was just zapped and my arm-action was terrible. I threw harder at 13 than I did at 17, which is absolutely insane. I could go on and on and on........ and on....... and on, haha, but there's no point. What I've come to realize is that before attempting to coach or "change" anyone, let them first find themselves. In most cases, the more talented the individual is, the less coaching they'll need. Sadly, this is not how sports instruction operates today. As soon as Dad sees any ability in his son, it's "lets get him working with a coach, lets breakdown his swing, lets analyze, etc". It's a totally backwards approach... especially for the more talented individuals. Let mechanics find the individual first. If there are still issues, first focus on "concept". It may just be that the individual's concept of what he should be trying to do, is incorrect.

So everything would be perfectly fine on my Samsung then? Sold!

I don't see why not. It's just PDFs with links to videos hosted on Vimeo.

Rob.

Rob your background with pitching and mine with golf were total opposite stories! I started playing around age 12 in very poor rural Arkansas. We had a big back yard so I could practice there and the little golf course 10 miles away had 9 holes and no practice range. There wasn't a teaching pro for 100 miles. So I learned purely by trial and error and instinct. I mainly played all day when I could get a ride to the course. It got me to about a 12 index at my peak and when I finally started taking lessons in my late 50's I was a 16. So my natural talent was poor and I had to learn and relearn and relearn. Now I am a 7.

So for me, I come at this from a very different place. However I do think now I am technically about as settled as I'm gonna get. Now I've got to learn to trust it and play shots not techniques. That's not easy for me - it's a whole new relearning!

The shoulder is healing because I let it rest and took some anti-imflamatories. But I am ramping back up ... slowly if I can. I'll start the whole mobility regimen next week and see how it goes. Mainly I can't hit balls every day is what I think.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I've been doing this for several weeks now and I'm a club longer if not more with all my irons, and my driver is 15 yards further (measured and compared with my GPS). I've never been a big hitter, but in the last 2 rounds my playing partner have commented how much further I seem to be striking the ball.I don't feel like I'm swinging any harder or faster, if anything I am try to feel like I swing slower. well worth $20.

Been using this programme for a little over a month now, thought I would share my progress so far.

I'm 69, play twice a week, handicap 9.2, not a long hitter, carry c 200/210 yards. Pretty fit for my age I think - not only golf, play squash, every day out on the bike, 3 times a week Yoga, once a week High Intensity Strength session ( 75% stronger than when I started 3 years ago ). Base clubhead speed is 90, goal is 100 in 3 months, challenging but I think just doable.

Since I already have Mobility and Strength programmes in place I decided to concentrate on the Foam Roller and Swing Speed training elements of the programme. Assuming my mobility issues were Ok through my Yoga practice, I was amazed as what a difference the Foam Roller programmes immediately made to my joint mobility - do this twice a day now and it really has unlocked some ranges of motion I haven't felt in years - so kudos there Rob ! This is going to remain a part of my morning routine for life.

I've been doing the Speed programmes 3 times a week, but with a slight modification. My reading on speed training is that best results are achieved by a mix of over-and under-speed training, so what I do is use an older heavier driver for the Warmup, and then mix my current FlyZ with an overspeed golfshaft with golfballs attached for the other exercises.

Results so far - using Swing Speed radar with adjustment for known overreading and keeping reasonable form :

Week 1 93

Week 2 94

Week 3 95

Week 4 96

Week 5 96

I would preface any analysis of these results by saying that I suspect in any project of this kind the mere decision to start, the setting of goals and the determination to achieve them are of themselves enough to produce some results - I'm sure any self-respecting psychologist would agree !

Having said that I'm extremely happy with the results so far. Obviously I've picked off the low-hanging fruit to start with, and I can feel a plateauing which is going to make further progress much harder. The result are evident on the course too - although I'm having to adjust to the new more flexible body and the extra speed, so there are sometimes timing issues.

All in all it's more than worth the money already - Rob I've already said your underpricing yourself - but I'm not complaining ! Look forward to hearing how others are getting on.

Any suggestions on a good quality foam roller? What firmness? I would like to get something that would last for a while, so am ok with spending a bit of cash instead of the cheapest thing I can find. I have seen the hollow tube style in the local stores, but they seem as hard as a rock. Not thinking they would be a good choice for a first timer like me.

Thanks

I'd go with a black colored one. They're firmer but after the initial discomfort, you're better off with something more firm. I prefer a smooth surface but some people like the ones with little ridges. I don't know specific brand names but there are quite a few out there. They're about $15-$20.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-foam-rollers/

Rob.

looks awesome , where can I purchase this , i just joined this forum and must admit Im loving it , greetings from Ireland folks

Welcome. The link is in the first post.

Here's a direct link - puredistancegolf.com/drive400

Rob, just bought this yesterday. Very straightforward, yet I know I'm getting a good stretch. Getting ready for my first set of speed drills.

I'm not going to give anything away, but I just need to know. In the Flexor/extensor video at 0:14. Is your thumb double-jointed or are you just that flexible?

Hahaha, I'm getting older and a little more rigid these days but I was born with some pretty lax joints. So yes, it's just my natural flexibility, I'm not double jointed or anything.

Glad you're enjoying the program so far!

Ok, here goes nothing! I just bought my program. Im feel stronger already! thats the 1st step right

Ya swing prep around 30 minutes. Swing drills around 30 min. Strength training around an hour to an hour and fifteen. Three times per week. So to play it safe, make it 2.5 hours, three times per week if you were to follow all aspects of the program.

2.5 hours three times a week sounds like overtraining and for retired people only. Granted, I haven't purchased and read all the info (yet), but I go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week and am in and out in an hour. That's usually 40 minutes of weight training and 20 minutes of cardio.

Can this program be done in shorter intervals?

Mark - Havin fun in the AZ sun

• Driver - Callaway Rogue 10.5* Aldila Synergy Reg
  • 4W - Callaway Rogue 15* Aldila Quaranta Reg
  • 4H - Callaway Mavrik Max 21* Project X Catalyst Reg
  • Irons - Taylormade P790 4-PW UST Recoil 780 | F4 SMACWRAP Stiff
  • GW - Titleist Vokey 50*
  • SW - Titleist Vokey 54*
  • LW - Titleist Vokey 58*
  • Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360

Hey there, I'm extremely interested in this program, especially with it being so cheap.

I'm currently trying to recover/get rid of tendinitis in both knees. Is there anything in this program that helps with that?I currently dedicate about an hour a half towards stretching/rolling/strengthening my legs, so incorporating another 1-2 hours for swing training would eat up a big portion of my day. Thanks!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

Purchased! Looking forward to using the program.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

Hey there, I'm extremely interested in this program, especially with it being so cheap.

I'm currently trying to recover/get rid of tendinitis in both knees. Is there anything in this program that helps with that?I currently dedicate about an hour a half towards stretching/rolling/strengthening my legs, so incorporating another 1-2 hours for swing training would eat up a big portion of my day. Thanks!

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the tendonitis. How did it come about?

I bought the program and am liking it so far. Unfortunately at my gym there's not a good wall for the Med ball throws. Any substitutions I could do in place of this? Thanks!

Glad you're enjoying it.

You can always throw to a partner if there's someone else at your gym who might be interested in doing the med-ball work...

Is it possible to throw the med-ball against the outside of your gym building?

Throwing outdoors (park) after your swing-speed drills is definitely an option.

If none of these appeal to you, try doing the throws without releasing the ball. I don't think this works as well but it's better than nothing.

Rob.