Drive 400 Distance Program .... my review

Hey there, I'm extremely interested in this program, especially with it being so cheap.

I'm currently trying to recover/get rid of tendinitis in both knees. Is there anything in this program that helps with that?I currently dedicate about an hour a half towards stretching/rolling/strengthening my legs, so incorporating another 1-2 hours for swing training would eat up a big portion of my day. Thanks!

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about the tendonitis. How did it come about?

Signed up for a century bike ride later this year to get me back into cycling and went back into it too hard (did a 60mi ride after 2 week back), and kept pushing it. My knees after 18 holes will feel "okay", maybe 5/10 soreness after a round. What do you think?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

Honestly man, I think you should just rest for now and wait until your tendonitis subsides. No point in pushing it right now, especially if you've never had tendonitis in them prior the bike ride. This sounds like an isolated event and I think you should keep it that way. Take 2-3 weeks off from everything, let everything get back to normal then go for it.

Rob.

• 1 month later...
3. The "intent" to swing fast is the single most important aspect, not the weight. You can swing a feather weight shaft or an axe but unless you're doing so with maximum "intent", you're missing the boat and you're not going to recruit fast-twitch muscle fibers.

This. I truly believe anal retentiveness is the enemy of 'fast'.

I have kept up with the strength and stretching part and am stronger than ever and still going. Good benefit is I'm playing great golf and am not tired

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I ran into some health issues... I am just back in the gym and trying to figure out how to design 60-90 minute workouts 3-4 times a week. After a few weeks off getting back in the gym just kicks my butt! I need to figure out how to recover better...

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

3. The "intent" to swing fast is the single most important aspect, not the weight. You can swing a feather weight shaft or an axe but unless you're doing so with maximum "intent", you're missing the boat and you're not going to recruit fast-twitch muscle fibers.

Yep! I agree. I've seen too many people, both elite athletes and average joe's, limit their capabilities by overthinking. It all starts with the intent to move as fast as possible, from there, you just have to let it go. Thinking limits speed.

I ran into some health issues... I am just back in the gym and trying to figure out how to design 60-90 minute workouts 3-4 times a week. After a few weeks off getting back in the gym just kicks my butt! I need to figure out how to recover better...

Send me a message. I can help you with this.

I have kept up with the strength and stretching part and am stronger than ever and still going. Good benefit is I'm playing great golf and am not tired

Good for you, man! Glad to hear it!

Yep! I agree. I've seen too many people, both elite athletes and average joe's, limit their capabilities by overthinking. It all starts with the intent to move as fast as possible, from there, you just have to let it go. Thinking limits speed.

Send me a message. I can help you with this.

Good for you, man! Glad to hear it!

I don't think it's 'overthinking' so much as it's wrong thinking (under thinking and not thinking are too well represented).

I was helping my Tai Chi teacher work with a bunch of students of mixed abilities one evening. This one guy kept asking me "what are you doing with your left hand?" I said "forget about the left hand for now and get the general flow down, first." He said "but, I'm detail-oriented." I fumed "until you get this flow at least atom bomb close, no one's gonna give a **** about your damn hand!"

What you do with your hand in Tai Chi does matter, but not before the general flow is well on its way. Same thing in golf. If you're worried about form before you're taking a nice, lusty swipe at it, there's nothing to form.

Thanks for the super quick reply and email! Great service!

95% of my play is tournament play against 20 something year old flatbellys. I'm a 57 year old pear belly. Been holding my own, which bewilders them. Always asking me why I'm consistently 20 yards past them. "Center face contact" is all I say. Hopefully, your program will give me the firepower to bring them to their knees next season!

Oh how I'm gonna love showing them what an "old man" can do...

Nick

No worries, my pleasure.

Haha, that's great! I know what you're saying. I'm getting to that age where I'm no longer a "young guy" and going against 20-somethings definitely does get competitive juices flowing.

Follow the program as best you can and I'm pretty confident you will impress!

Good luck Nick!

Hey all,

This program looks promising.

But as I want to perform the workouts at home (I have a decent yet basic home gym, what equipment should I have?

I do have a power rack, barbells, Dumbbells,...

Thanks in advance

That's it

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Hey all,

But as I want to perform the workouts at home (I have a decent yet basic home gym, what equipment should I have?

Thanks in advance

That's it

So No foam roller, med balls,...?

Forgot about those lol.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Hey all,

Thanks in advance

Ideally a squat rack and all the standard gym equipment and for the mobility and flexibilty stuff, a foam roller and lacrosse ball. Also a Med-Ball if you want to do to the Med-ball exercises.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Just read through the thread, sounds like just want I need to get a start on my winter workouts, especially the speed and power part of the Drive 400.

I'm 56, I feel myself slowing down and dealing with limitations from old injuries and since I train alone, I'm thinking safety first because I've had some injuries that ended my golf season early. For fitness, I do HIIT on a stationary bike 3-5 times a week, rehab work with foam rollers, bands and tubing, and I'm at the yoga studio 4-5 times a week. I try to get in 10,000 steps a day, my dog enjoys that, but I don't. My main focus is to keep my core and heart healthy and not having the need for drugs to keep moving and playing, ie. nsaids, blood pressure meds

I sold off some home gym equipment including a power cage and olympic bars/plates but I did keep some standard bars, plates, a set of adjustable dumbbells and bench, and a trap bar dead lift bar. I recently picked up a suspension training system thinking I'll use that for resistance training. I'm not doing anything for resistance training now, but I've just got the green light after recovering from surgery. Would that be enough equipment for me to get started on the strength portion of your program? I don't have a medicine ball but I'll look into that to see what size I'll need.

Would I be able to include most of what I'm doing now into your program?

Thanks for offering this,

Ed

Hey Harob, thanks for putting this info out there in one source. I started with all the flexibility exercises, but got injured helping clearing homes flooded by Harvey. Its amazing how little money red cross and fema really gives out. The enbow is recovering nicely, and i should be back on it in a few weeks.

Ping G30 Sl-Tec
TM R11 PW-4I
Scor 52-56
Odyssey Versa 7

Hey Harob, thanks for putting this info out there in one source. I started with all the flexibility exercises, but got injured helping clearing homes flooded by Harvey. Its amazing how little money red cross and fema really gives out. The enbow is recovering nicely, and i should be back on it in a few weeks.

Heal quickly! Lot of people hit all at once. It's great that you helped.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Hi Rob,

Just read through the thread, sounds like just want I need to get a start on my winter workouts, especially the speed and power part of the Drive 400.

I'm 56, I feel myself slowing down and dealing with limitations from old injuries and since I train alone, I'm thinking safety first because I've had some injuries that ended my golf season early. For fitness, I do HIIT on a stationary bike 3-5 times a week, rehab work with foam rollers, bands and tubing, and I'm at the yoga studio 4-5 times a week. I try to get in 10,000 steps a day, my dog enjoys that, but I don't. My main focus is to keep my core and heart healthy and not having the need for drugs to keep moving and playing, ie. nsaids, blood pressure meds

I sold off some home gym equipment including a power cage and olympic bars/plates but I did keep some standard bars, plates, a set of adjustable dumbbells and bench, and a trap bar dead lift bar. I recently picked up a suspension training system thinking I'll use that for resistance training. I'm not doing anything for resistance training now, but I've just got the green light after recovering from surgery. Would that be enough equipment for me to get started on the strength portion of your program? I don't have a medicine ball but I'll look into that to see what size I'll need.

Would I be able to include most of what I'm doing now into your program?

Thanks for offering this,

Ed

Hi Ed,

That all makes sense. I think, based on what you've described, you should have sufficient equipment to start the program. I tried to incorporate mostly free weight exercises rather than a bunch of machines. You will also want to pick up a lacrosse ball to go along with the foam roller for the soft tissue position of the program. Following the med-ball portion of the program is pretty important as well and they can be found fairly cheap on Amazon.

The thing is, guys, I've tried to make the program as comprehensive as possible, but I totally realize everyone has different lives with different schedules, health conditions, etc, so just do what you can. If you just follow the foam rolling and mobility part of the program, you will improve your swing-speed and you will absolutely feel better than you have in a long time. If you only follow the strength training position of the program, it's going to help your golf game and overall health. If you're super busy and you just want to follow the swing-speed portion of the program, that's fine too, just make sure you get some blood flow prior. My point is, I've provided a program that will absolutely help every golfer to feel better, become stronger and swing faster. Just follow the program as best you can. Nothing is set in stone. Everyone is a unique individual with unique needs so learn what works best for you as you progress. It's a fun and fulfilling way to follow the program. Good luck!

No prob. First of all, great on you helping out! Awesome and completely unfair you got hurt trying to do good. Come on Karma!

Take your time and good look with the recovery. Golf is life as they say, until life really happens, if you know what I'm saying. Hats off to you. Good luck!

Going to start this week.

It was down to this vs Swingmangolf (Jaacob Bowden). But the price is right on this one.

I'm relatively short and slim, but I picked up mountain biking two years ago. Riding 2-3x a week. This has helped immensely with my bodyfat and general fitness, but I lost a lot of muscle mass. I noticed I was stronger when I was out of shape and lazy. It was noticeable. Carrying a 50lb bag of rice was always easy but I noticed I struggled with it lately. 50lbs!

My swing has dropped down to 80 mph (measured by SSR) so now I want to improve that. Getting to 95 mph would be great for me.

Watching my out of shape buddy who plays twice a year, who looks like a bowling ball with appendages, can barely take the golf club back (no flexiblity, big belly), but crush it 300 yards, with what looks like a quarter swing and no effort, I'm determined to hit 250 yards with carry and roll!!!! That would make me happy.

I'll report back with my results.

Hey rob so I've progressed to the next level and seems it's very similar to the 531 training program. The most daunting part is always having to recalculate each set and wave but have found a great app that does it all automatically and wanted to share. It's called 531 strength and can be found here:

531 Strength by Henrik Jachobsen

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/531-strength/id1062989244?mt=8

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black