2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Drive 400 Distance Program .... my review

Interesting. I really tried to incorporate everything one needs in order to swing-faster and increase distance into this program so no matter if your deficit is strength, mobility, flexibility, nutrition, warming up properly, or even a mental battle, this program should definitely help in some capacity.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Rob.

I definitely like the comprehensive approach. BTW, I clicked on the green 'Add to Cart' link on the main /Drive400 page and then hit 'Checkout' it brings up a popup with a $24.95 price. Is that the same program? Am I ordering the right thing?

Yep that's the right one!

Interesting. I really tried to incorporate everything one needs in order to swing-faster and increase distance into this program so no matter if your deficit is strength, mobility, flexibility, nutrition, warming up properly, or even a mental battle, this program should definitely help in some capacity.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Rob.

I definitely like the comprehensive approach. BTW, I clicked on the green 'Add to Cart' link on the main /Drive400 page and then hit 'Checkout' it brings up a popup with a $24.95 price. Is that the same program? Am I ordering the right thing?

Yep that's the right one!

Check your PMs...

Question on the strength side of things:

Programs like the one in drive 400 or StrongLifts 5x5 have you squatting 3 days a week plus some deadlifting. My take on this is that these are the bodies largest muscle groups and keeping them stressed at this level keeps the release of anabolic hormones high, which helps the other muscle groups worked in the program.

This also means that every other day is the "Day after leg day".

1.) Im old enough that a month in to StrongLifts 5x5 starting with an empty bar and my knee hurts. Alot. I feel strong enough to lift 2-3x what I am lifting, but its alot of joint wear and tear, even with foam rolling and mobility work daily.

2.) I also enjoy occasionally playing golf instead of having to rest 3x days a week because legs are 100% shot.

Can gains still be made if you confine leg day to 1x per week instead 3x? I don't think the program would be effective without the big anabolic boost you get by tearing up your legs 3x per week.

How effective can your golf swing be if your sore all of the time? This question is for those of us who don't have to stop playing golf 1/2 the year.

Handicap .5

Current Bag:
Big Dogs: G410 for Fades, G425 for draws

FW: Ole Blue but stays on the porch most rounds

Hybrids: G425, Cobra  King Tec
Irons: Srixon ZX5/7
Wedges: PM Grind 54/58

Moneymaker: Ping Heppler Tyne 3

Rock: Srixon Z-Star Divide

*update*

It states $19.95 under the guarantee yet $24.95 when you try to buy. I emailed Rob using the email address on the site and got this....

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:

[email protected]; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA mx10.mailspamprotection.com: SMTP diagnostic: 550 SITEGROUND: No Such mailbox here

hmmm, have I just escaped losing some cash?

Question on the strength side of things:

Programs like the one in drive 400 or StrongLifts 5x5 have you squatting 3 days a week plus some deadlifting. My take on this is that these are the bodies largest muscle groups and keeping them stressed at this level keeps the release of anabolic hormones high, which helps the other muscle groups worked in the program.

This also means that every other day is the "Day after leg day".

1.) Im old enough that a month in to StrongLifts 5x5 starting with an empty bar and my knee hurts. Alot. I feel strong enough to lift 2-3x what I am lifting, but its alot of joint wear and tear, even with foam rolling and mobility work daily.

2.) I also enjoy occasionally playing golf instead of having to rest 3x days a week because legs are 100% shot.

Can gains still be made if you confine leg day to 1x per week instead 3x? I don't think the program would be effective without the big anabolic boost you get by tearing up your legs 3x per week.

How effective can your golf swing be if your sore all of the time? This question is for those of us who don't have to stop playing golf 1/2 the year.

Hi,

You start very light and slowly work yourself up in the Beginner program where you squat 3 days per week. However, like I've mentioned on here several times, work with what you can. Everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to stress based on numerous factors. If all you can handle is once per week, that's certainly better than 0 times per week. If you can manage to get in two lower body sessions/week even better. Never lift through pain though. Ever. You'll still see benefits in working out your lower body once per week. Again, work with what you can. Good luck!

*update*

It states $19.95 under the guarantee yet $24.95 when you try to buy. I emailed Rob using the email address on the site and got this....

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:

[email protected]; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA mx10.mailspamprotection.com: SMTP diagnostic: 550 SITEGROUND: No Such mailbox here

hmmm, have I just escaped losing some cash?

Hi, email is info@puredistancegolf. Sorry for the confusion. $19.99 was the 10 month introductory price. It's now $24.95 like all my other programs in Baseball and Basketball.

looks interesting, cant wade thru 9 pages of replies so............

Can anyone say if its worth it and does it really work for mature people as well?

or would I be one of the gullible ones if I bought it?

You get a lot for $24.95 and it's not filler. I've tried to make the program as full of quality content as possible, especially considering the price ($19.99 and now $24.95). I even included a 60 day refund if you don't like it so I don't think you'd be gullible if you were to give it a shot. Other online strength training programs I've tried go for $100-300 and contain far less content. At the end of the day though, it all comes down to how much work you put in. I'm willing to bet that even if you just follow the soft tissue and mobility part of the program and the swing-speed drills, you will feel a heck of a lot better while improving your swing-speed.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Cheers.

Rob.

looks interesting, cant wade thru 9 pages of replies so............

Can anyone say if its worth it and does it really work for mature people as well?

or would I be one of the gullible ones if I bought it?

You get a lot for $24.95 and it's not filler. I've tried to make the program as full of quality content as possible, especially considering the price ($19.99 and now $24.95). I even included a 60 day refund if you don't like it so I don't think you'd be gullible if you were to give it a shot. Other online strength training programs I've tried go for $100-300 and contain far less content. At the end of the day though, it all comes down to how much work you put in. I'm willing to bet that even if you just follow the soft tissue and mobility part of the program and the swing-speed drills, you will feel a heck of a lot better while improving your swing-speed.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Cheers.

Rob.

Seriously, you need to update both the web page and the cart to reflect the true price. You've probably lost sales because of it.

I also held off to this point because the only other time I've heard of inconsistencies like that is when a website got jacked.

It is updated.

We're talking about a $5 difference here.

Good for you.

Please understand, though, it's not about $5... Just like PerseveringGolf, when people see a lack on continuity in an internet transaction they'll often run.

So, either run, or don't.

He fixed the issue.

If you want to buy the product, buy it. If not, don't.

The thread Topic is discussing the Program, not, cyber-security, e-commerce, and website continuity.

If you want to dive deep into Internet Transactions, Purchasing Habits, and so on, start a new thread.

It is updated.

Good for you.

Please understand, though, it's not about $5... Just like PerseveringGolf, when people see a lack on continuity in an internet transaction they'll often run.

He fixed the issue.

The thread Topic is discussing the Program, not, cyber-security, e-commerce, and website continuity.

If you want to dive deep into Internet Transactions, Purchasing Habits, and so on, start a new thread.

I'm quite astonished at your response. I tried to help a guy out. I don't think there's a need for the bluntness or discourtesy, nor Rob's backing of it with a 'like'. He commented 'we're talking about a $5 difference here', required me to clarify why it mattered to me, and why it had nothing to do with a $5 difference.

I tried to clarify 'under the radar' through PM, but it was never replied to. Even after my comment to check PM.

You know what's so sad about this? I was actually going to suggest to Rob that - if his program increased my distance by the promised amount - I'd donate $400 (the price of a new driver) to his favorite charity.

The flexibility part was really interesting to me, but I'll find another way.

It is updated.

Good for you.

He fixed the issue.

I'm quite astonished at your response. I tried to help a guy out. I don't think there's a need for the bluntness or discourtesy, nor Rob's backing of it with a 'like'. He commented 'we're talking about a $5 difference here', required me to clarify why it mattered to me, and why it had nothing to do with a $5 difference.

I tried to clarify 'under the radar' through PM, but it was never replied to. Even after my comment to check PM.

You know what's so sad about this? I was actually going to suggest to Rob that - if his program increased my distance by the promised amount - I'd donate $400 (the price of a new driver) to his favorite charity.

The flexibility part was really interesting to me, but I'll find another way.

I feel bad that the situation came to this, because Rob’s specialty is in increasing people’s swing speeds and not web design.

I get the “attention to details bit”, but feel like it’s not quite applicable in this case.

I feel bad that the situation came to this, because Rob’s specialty is in increasing people’s swing speeds and not web design.

I get the “attention to details bit”, but feel like it’s not quite applicable in this case.

I'm pretty bummed. Fact is, I've had 4 credit cards replaced in the last 12 months due to breaches. I tried to sort this out through a PM on the 18th.

I can understand him not seeing it, or being too busy... that's cool. But, to suggest that my concern was all about a measly five bucks (when it was genuinely for him losing revenue through a simple mistake), and then 'like' an attack on someone who has been really enthusiastic about his program on this thread... I just don't get it. So not necessary.

I have no idea why this had to come to this. I was genuinely going to challenge him to a 'driver-price' charity contest, and I would have worked my butt off to make sure I lost and he won. Instead he 'likes' a flame on me. I have no words.

I wish him the best with all his endeavors... Life's too short to be petty. I can't hold grudges.

I purchased the program yesterday and started today.

My question is, if it's not possible at home to make the speed swings with a driver, what should I take? Only place to make the training is in the basement and only club you can use there for a normal swing is a wedge.. Should I build an club with the length of a wedge but a little lighter? Or just take a wedge?

I feel bad that the situation came to this, because Rob's specialty is in increasing people's swing speeds and not web design.

I get the "attention to details bit", but feel like it's not quite applicable in this case.

I'm pretty bummed. Fact is, I've had 4 credit cards replaced in the last 12 months due to breaches. I tried to sort this out through a PM on the 18th.

I can understand him not seeing it, or being too busy... that's cool. But, to suggest that my concern was all about a measly five bucks (when it was genuinely for him losing revenue through a simple mistake), and then 'like' an attack on someone who has been really enthusiastic about his program on this thread... I just don't get it. So not necessary.

I have no idea why this had to come to this. I was genuinely going to challenge him to a 'driver-price' charity contest, and I would have worked my butt off to make sure I lost and he won. Instead he 'likes' a flame on me. I have no words.

I wish him the best with all his endeavors... Life's too short to be petty. I can't hold grudges.

I think this has gotten blown out of proportion a bit. To clarify, you asked a question: "looks interesting, cant wade thru 9 pages of replies so………… Can anyone say if its worth it and does it really work for mature people as well? Or would I be one of the gullible ones if I bought it?"

I tried to give you an informative, friendly reply, which I think I did. You then came back with "Seriously, you need to update both the web page and the cart to reflect the true price. You've probably lost sales because of it. I also held off to this point because the only other time I've heard of inconsistencies like that is when a website got jacked."

I thought this was a bit of an "out of left field", "attacking" kind of reply, considering it wasn't even a reply to anything I just wrote to help answer your questions.

Naturally, I wrote you back that the issue had been corrected and that the price was raised only $5 from the intro price, as that clearly seemed to be bothering you. My fault if that came off as offensive.

Bottom line, I’m not here to argue or fight with anyone. Simply put, I saw a need for a program that could help golfers of all ages, improve their athletic ability, swing-speed and distance and at the same time, feel better/healthier while doing so. I try to make a habit of answering everyone's questions here on the forum, as well as through email as best I can. If I offended you, I sincerely apologize and I agree, life is too short to hold grudges.

Let's try to get back on track now and move forward with any questions, feedback, etc.

Rob.

I purchased the program yesterday and started today.

My question is, if it's not possible at home to make the speed swings with a driver, what should I take? Only place to make the training is in the basement and only club you can use there for a normal swing is a wedge.. Should I build an club with the length of a wedge but a little lighter? Or just take a wedge?

Hi,

I think you'll be fine with your normal wedge. What's most important is the intent to swing as fast as possible. However, if you want to experiment with building a lighter wedge, to see what gives you the best results, go for it! Typically, the heavier the weight, the more it will work on the strength side of the absolute strength to absolute speed continuum, but a wedge isn't exactly heavy compared to say, a sledgehammer, so you will still be training for speed.

Rob.

I think this has gotten blown out of proportion a bit. To clarify, you asked a question: "looks interesting, cant wade thru 9 pages of replies so………… Can anyone say if its worth it and does it really work for mature people as well? Or would I be one of the gullible ones if I bought it?"

Now it makes more sense. Rob, I simply never said this, nor anything of the sort. Thanks to forums, it's all preserved on the site. PerseringGolf made that comment, you maybe took offence to it, but somehow attributed it to me. I think that led to you take a pejorative read of anything I posted after that.

If you look back, my comments (PorscheFan) were filled with nothing but positive thoughts about the program. You attacked the wrong guy.

I appreciate your reply to my PM and your additional PM. I'll send you contact details...

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the program for both myself (41) and my son who is 12. Will echo what is been said in the previous nine pages, but a very comprehensive and well put together a program for only $25. Can't wait to get started!

Please keep us posted and if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Rob.

Quick question guys, does anyone happen to know Jack's top end swing-speed in his heyday? Numbers tend to get more and more exaggerated as time goes by (Wilt Chamberlain's 48 inch vertical for example... ummm... no) so I'm curious if it was actually ever measured. I obviously don't know but I would guess around 125 MPH. Thoughts? Facts?

Thanks.

Quick question guys, does anyone happen to know Jack's top end swing-speed in his heyday? Numbers tend to get more and more exaggerated as time goes by (Wilt Chamberlain's 48 inch vertical for example... ummm... no) so I'm curious if it was actually ever measured. I obviously don't know but I would guess around 125 MPH. Thoughts? Facts?

Thanks.

125 sounds too high. I'd guess gets in line with current pros at 116 to 117, but hits the center with near perfection?

So, Rob and I have had some good offline discussion over the past couple of weeks. It's easy for stuff to get misconstrued on forums. It happens all the time.

Bottom line is, I decided to get the program.

I'm currently recovering from an injury (disk protrusion) but I'm looking forward to starting Drive 400 in the second half of the offseason. In the meantime I have plenty of time to digest the routines and get my basic mobility (which sucks) up to par.

First impressions of the program are very good. It's a good quality package.

It's visually appealing and the documentation is well put together. It's devoid of 'fluff', and by that I mean every paragraph is there for a reason. You don't need to skim for the important parts, as only the important parts are there.

The videos as good quality, and with good lighting. Again, there's no filler. It gets right to the specific routines, so there's no waiting to get to the parts that matter.

I'm excited to get started. Ultimately it's results that matter, so we'll do the charity challenge...

From the point of starting the program I'll aim to achieve the claimed 15 mph in 12 weeks.

If I do, it'll be the average cost of a new driver ($400) to Rob's favorite charity. It'll be a better investment than a new club.

It'll also be pro-rated, so a 10 mph gain would be $267 (if my math is correct). Should be a fun experience.

I recently acquired this program and it's a pretty vast body of work, all things considered. For me: I'm a lifelong gym rat who started playing golf around 30. I'm 50 now and am in continuous pain from old football wear and tear. Finally decided to get serious about driver distance this year and this program is probably my last modification to what I've been doing (started with a series of lessons, driver fitting, etc...) I'm impressed with this product. Due to time constraints I changed the gym sessions format into just 2 different ones, longer sessions each (I've got two kids, lawns to mow, wife to please...) I think the most impactful thing for me may end up being the swing exercises because it's so different than what I've been doing - feels great, too! Nice work, Rob.

Thanks.

125 sounds too high. I'd guess gets in line with current pros at 116 to 117, but hits the center with near perfection?

Think so? I read he hit a winning long drive 340 back in 1960 or 1970something with a balata and persimmon...

I also read he had his swing-speed measured around 115 mph at 50 something years old.

Who knows though, maybe you're right.

So, Rob and I have had some good offline discussion over the past couple of weeks. It's easy for stuff to get misconstrued on forums. It happens all the time.

Bottom line is, I decided to get the program.

I'm currently recovering from an injury (disk protrusion) but I'm looking forward to starting Drive 400 in the second half of the offseason. In the meantime I have plenty of time to digest the routines and get my basic mobility (which sucks) up to par.

First impressions of the program are very good. It's a good quality package.

It's visually appealing and the documentation is well put together. It's devoid of 'fluff', and by that I mean every paragraph is there for a reason. You don't need to skim for the important parts, as only the important parts are there.

The videos as good quality, and with good lighting. Again, there's no filler. It gets right to the specific routines, so there's no waiting to get to the parts that matter.

I'm excited to get started. Ultimately it's results that matter, so we'll do the charity challenge...

From the point of starting the program I'll aim to achieve the claimed 15 mph in 12 weeks.

If I do, it'll be the average cost of a new driver ($400) to Rob's favorite charity. It'll be a better investment than a new club.

It'll also be pro-rated, so a 10 mph gain would be $267 (if my math is correct). Should be a fun experience.

It most certainly is and glad we cleared things up and can back on topic.

Glad you like what you see thus far. I really do think there's something for everyone in the program.

I'm an electronic elitist so had to record in 4K, haha and yes, I hate BS as much as anyone. Ask my girlfriend what my behavior looks like during TV commercials.

Anyway, really nice offer man. I'm looking forward to you getting over your injury and putting the program to the test.

Thanks again!

Rob.