2017 Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give Jun 15-18

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice win by Broke. Is it just me, or does she seem to have lost a little pep in her step? It's great that's she's back in the winner's circle, but she looks like she needs a vacation.

I was mightily impressed with Michelle's round. A couple of errant shots, but otherwise she had a great day ballstriking.

Lexi is playing solid, solid golf, and her putting will make or break her each week. There has definitely been great improvement since last year, but there are bouts of the yips at times.

Lydia had a solid week, but I agree that her short to mid-length putts are letting her down.

Can anyone see the leaderboard page on the LPGA website? I swear they have the worst website in all of professional sports.

Brooke's playing almost every event. I still think she believes she has something to prove.

I was extremely impressed with Michelle Wie. She looked like the Wie we wanted to see play after her USWO win. I hope she can keep it up.

Ko looks like to me she's still searching for some consistency. She'll get there, but it might take most of the season to finally get used to all the changes she's undergone.

Wie's irons are killing her. You can't hit every fairway and not get any irons close enough to make a birdie. Both she and Lexi are massive diggers. So, up the clubface. Pretty much the whole PGA now has figured out how to shallow. Can't see Wie winning with that iron play. Obviously Lexi can't putt but at least she has looks at birdie.

Wie's irons are killing her. You can't hit every fairway and not get any irons close enough to make a birdie. Both she and Lexi are massive diggers. So, up the clubface. Pretty much the whole PGA now has figured out how to shallow. Can't see Wie winning with that iron play. Obviously Lexi can't putt but at least she has looks at birdie.

How did Wie finish second?

WITB
Tools for the job!

How did Wie finish second?

Michelle had 18 birdies for the week. 7 of them came on par 5's, and 5 of them were on par 3's. Something was obviously working.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 - Fujikura Vista Pro 65 Flex-X 44.5"
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G410 5h 26 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
Ping i200 6-P (2 Deg Weak) Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - True Temper X95 S300
Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

Very nice win by Broke. Is it just me, or does she seem to have lost a little pep in her step? It's great that's she's back in the winner's circle, but she looks like she needs a vacation.

I was mightily impressed with Michelle's round. A couple of errant shots, but otherwise she had a great day ballstriking.

Lexi is playing solid, solid golf, and her putting will make or break her each week. There has definitely been great improvement since last year, but there are bouts of the yips at times.

Lydia had a solid week, but I agree that her short to mid-length putts are letting her down.

Can anyone see the leaderboard page on the LPGA website? I swear they have the worst website in all of professional sports.

Brooke's playing almost every event. I still think she believes she has something to prove.

I was extremely impressed with Michelle Wie. She looked like the Wie we wanted to see play after her USWO win. I hope she can keep it up.

Ko looks like to me she's still searching for some consistency. She'll get there, but it might take most of the season to finally get used to all the changes she's undergone.

Well, in the Meijer, I don't think her iron play kept her from winning. She hit 15 greens in the 2nd round and 16 greens in the other 3 rounds. That's pretty damn stellar. And she didn't come close to hitting every fairway. 30 for 48 is okay at best.

I wish the LPGA had Shotlink. Having the 'shots gained - approach' data would go a long way in settling this type of dispute. Poor putting or poor iron play? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12 SS, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 SS Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I like Brooke but her dad seems to be running the show for benefit of the family. Brooke is still young but I hope when the time comes she'll know how to get some independence.

I know someone who was around the Henderson's when Brooke played in the U.S. Amateur a few years ago. To say that they were less than impressed with her dad would be a big understatement.

I know a guy who said Dave H was a bit much when he was watching Brooke play in 2014.

I just realized it is possible that Meikokaji is probably the WRX handle for Judy Rankin. Welcome to the board Judy! We know you do not like Wie's address position, swing or putting style(s). How do you feel about her renewed success? :)

i'll clarify. i'm a big fan, always have been. on sunday, seems the proximity to the pin was the issue. every hole seemed she hit a good drive and every hole i kept thinking 'not a realistic birdie' after she hit the green. and, the two greens i saw she missed were fatted wedges with huge divots. first world problem, i know, but i was agonizing. not a hater.

I just realized it is possible that Meikokaji is probably the WRX handle for Judy Rankin. Welcome to the board Judy! We know you do not like Wie's address position, swing or putting style(s). How do you feel about her renewed success? :)

i'll clarify. i'm a big fan, always have been. on sunday, seems the proximity to the pin was the issue. every hole seemed she hit a good drive and every hole i kept thinking 'not a realistic birdie' after she hit the green. and, the two greens i saw she missed were fatted wedges with huge divots. first world problem, i know, but i was agonizing. not a hater.

Part of the problem is that she only hit 30 of 48 fairways, so the chances of sticking one close were diminished. She averaged just under 260 yards driving for the week. Not bad, but not fantastic. Her "new" compact swing is supposed to increase accuracy, while giving up distance. Seems like it gave up a bit of both this week.

By comparison, Brooke hit 42 fairways, and averaged just under 280 yards for the week. That's a 2 club advantage over Michelle with 12 more fairways hit.

I'd say that Michelle overachieved a bit this week.

Part of the problem is that she only hit 30 of 48 fairways, so the chances of sticking one close were diminished. She averaged just under 260 yards driving for the week. Not bad, but not fantastic. Her "new" compact swing is supposed to increase accuracy, while giving up distance. Seems like it gave up a bit of both this week.

By comparison, Brooke hit 42 fairways, and averaged just under 280 yards for the week. That's a 2 club advantage over Michelle with 12 more fairways hit.

I'd say that Michelle overachieved a bit this week.

Probably a pretty fair analysis.

Think about it. Even though Brooke hit 12 more fairways than Michelle and on average was 20 yards closer, Michelle still hit 3 more greens than Brooke did. Brooke beat Michelle by 2 strokes and had exactly 2 less putts than Michelle did for the tournament.

Did anyone else notice (or maybe I was imagining it) the dyslexic announcers on Sat I think it was. Saying that Brooke plays a 6* driver :taunt:

It's a 9* driver you muppets.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Did anyone else notice (or maybe I was imagining it) the dyslexic announcers on Sat I think it was. Saying that Brooke plays a 6* driver :taunt:

-0.6* setting? Per Ping. http://ping.com/tour/prodetails.aspx?id=19068

In other words, it's probably set at 8.4*

Yes.

Ping G [9 deg], -0.6 deg setting, Tour AD-TP 5X, 48", D7, 360 aqua grip +1 wrap. http://ping.com/tour...s.aspx?id=19068

I really wish Ping USA would get their website updated. In Gee has been on the LPGA tour for over a year, but they still have her listed in the KLPGA section.

-0.6* setting? Per Ping. http://ping.com/tour/prodetails.aspx?id=19068

In other words, it's probably set at 8.4*

Yes.

Ping G [9 deg], -0.6 deg setting, Tour AD-TP 5X, 48", D7, 360 aqua grip +1 wrap. http://ping.com/tour...s.aspx?id=19068

I really wish Ping USA would get their website updated. In Gee has been on the LPGA tour for over a year, but they still have her listed in the KLPGA section.

Ah that might be what they actually said, was reference the 0.6 - as when they said that I was thinking huh, she plays a 9 (as the ping site says) did they look at the bottom of the club and totally misread it :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Lydia we get the live GC feed here all the time so even when you get delayed coverage ours is usually still live. I know MW is still a popular player and recently been showing some better form and now is just back into the RR top 50 but is it fair to all the other players who work just as hard off course to improve their play that she gets privileged groupings to start the tournaments? Sponsorship is no doubt easier if your being covered by the broadcast and being able to play with much higher ranked players is always good for experience so is the LPGA being fair to lesser known and even higher RR players by favouring MW in the pairings? I am sure some the younger up and coming LPGA players would love to be paired with Lydia and Lexi this week but realise it just isn't going to happen and for them I feel the LPGA is not doing them justice.

GC and LPGA just care about the american market and making money. They do not care about the game or the players at all. So Yeon top 3 in the world is regularly paired with the scrubs. Same with Sung Hyun who is top 10 in the world. She never has a chance to make it to TV unless she is leading deep into the tournament.

It's crazy how bad they treat top players who don't fit the mold of what they are looking for.

LPGA has two categories to make Tee Times. A and B parings. All based off of current year money. The three middle times both sides, each wave would be an A time. So Yeon has played in an A pairing all year and would never have been paired with a "scrub" Michelle started the year in B pairings until playing her way into A pairings. Not a biased system at all.

Now who GC decides to show in coverage, thats on them.