Streamsong Tips?

dmitchell165

Recommend caddies for Blue/Red? I would for sure if I end up on Black.

I wasn't quite planning on one. I walk 95% of my rounds and in good shape. Also shouldn't be too hot early April.

Request Marc Dull. He was the 2015 USGA Mid Amateur runner-up. He's a personal friend of one of my best friend's. He's been known to shoot 6 - 10 under par on the Red and Blue consistently.

heading there sunday and requested marc. thanks for the tip. nothing like a clueless caddie to ruin a trip!

How did it go? I cant wait to get out there in two weeks.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recommend caddies for Blue/Red? I would for sure if I end up on Black.

I wasn't quite planning on one. I walk 95% of my rounds and in good shape. Also shouldn't be too hot early April.

Request Marc Dull. He was the 2015 USGA Mid Amateur runner-up. He's a personal friend of one of my best friend's. He's been known to shoot 6 - 10 under par on the Red and Blue consistently.

heading there sunday and requested marc. thanks for the tip. nothing like a clueless caddie to ruin a trip!

How did it go? I cant wait to get out there in two weeks.

I loved every minute of it. You need to eat the brisket on (red) i think? No matter what time it is... just do it. I was paired up with caddie Sam, a really nice guy from ATL who used to work at east lake.

The red course was amazing, just an eye catcher of a course with plenty of risk/reward. It was in great conditions.

The blue was also fantastic, but played in tougher conditions (wind and heat). I dont think i can think of any particularly quirky things about either. I just really enjoyed them.

Now on to the black. I played this as a replay my first day, so i was fired up and my swing and putting stroke were used to the conditions. I scored very well (for me), and shot an 80. The course is very unique in its layout. You can bomb it and end up having a shot into green most of the times. You can clearly tell that its a new course when walking the greens. They will be amazing in 2-3 years once they have settled in. As of now, they played significantly different from blue/red. I had some really quirky bounces and behaviors on them, but nothing to b**** or cry about. I would suggest playing short of the pin by alot, as the roll out was considerable .Be creative with your putts, the green contours allow for unorthodox lines. I embraced it, and was rewarded. I birdied the windmill punchbowl hole (i think it was 9)! Since i played on a monday and replayed (teed off at 5 PM), it was empty and i stayed putting around in the punchbowl green and tried some crazy things that ended up being alot better than ordinary and traditional lines. Embrace the course.

Overall, the brisket will not soon be forgotten, and the overall quality of a resort with 3 (and hopefully more than that in the near future) outstanding tracks that make you forget you are in Florida and the U.S

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

So my trip is upon me. I have the following tee times: 7:50 Red and 1:35 Blue Saturday 5/26 . The weather, unfortunately looks very bad. Basically trying to beat out a Tropical Depression that is coming straight up the Florida Peninsula this weekend. Calls are for scattered thunder storms and 90% of rain. My family has a lake house in Lake Placid, FL, which is about an hour drive east of Streamsong. We are going to be there for Memorial Day weekend, but this is the only day I was able to negotiate with the wife.

All this being said, how playable is the course wet. I would assume that it would drain quite well, especially with all the sand around. Obviously, the lightning is the primary concern. We are bringing our rain suits and plan on fighting through as much as possible. Basically all we can do is try to keep a positive attitude and have fun with it. Who knows, we may be lucky and can dodge most of the storms.

So my trip is upon me. I have the following tee times: 7:50 Red and 1:35 Blue Saturday 5/26 . The weather, unfortunately looks very bad. Basically trying to beat out a Tropical Depression that is coming straight up the Florida Peninsula this weekend. Calls are for scattered thunder storms and 90% of rain. My family has a lake house in Lake Placid, FL, which is about an hour drive east of Streamsong. We are going to be there for Memorial Day weekend, but this is the only day I was able to negotiate with the wife.

All this being said, how playable is the course wet. I would assume that it would drain quite well, especially with all the sand around. Obviously, the lightning is the primary concern. We are bringing our rain suits and plan on fighting through as much as possible. Basically all we can do is try to keep a positive attitude and have fun with it. Who knows, we may be lucky and can dodge most of the storms.

best drainage in florida; you will be fine

Last year I played a day after a hurricane(became a tropical depression as it moved through) Perfect condition.

I've also played it multiple times during afternoon thunderstorm. Put on rain gear, wait till the big rain goes through and you'll be fine. Get a cart and forecaddie to shelter from the rain. It'll still be firm and fast.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

So we were able to get in both rounds on Saturday. My morning round, we avoided all rain. You could see the storms basically all around but it managed to stay away. Walked the Red and due to the depending inclement weather in the afternoon we took carts for the Blue. Regardless of the weather, I was very impressed with Streamsong. The staff was very friendly, something that I previously had heard the opposite. Courses was beautiful and you could just see the endless options to play each hole. Greens were very slow, I had a tough time with that. I just couldn't get myself to hit my 10ft putts with the force of a 25ft putt. I think they were probably running around an 8... Though what can you expect with all the rain. We did get caught in the rain a couple times on the Blue course, but there was no lightning- just kept going.

I found I liked the Red better than the Blue. I played pretty bad leaving tons of shots out there. Again the greens/ or my putting. 77 on the Red and 79 on the Blue. I can't wait to get out there again in better conditions, hope to play it firm and fast.

Side note- Blue #17 Par 5. They installed a new tee box around the first of the year. The tips now play 697!! I was playing the Black tees and decided to play from the tips on this hole. Went Driver, Driver off deck, 2 iron- missed the green to the right, chipped up to 12ft and missed my par putt for a Bogey. Crazy long

• 4 weeks later...

For those that have also played Bandon how does it compare walk wise?

I see they have the same Rickshaws, which are nice, but two-wheelers are never as nice as three wheelers. So I was wondering what bag I'll bring (Ping Hoofer Monsoon vs Titleist 4UP Stadry) based on whether I'll shoulder or push/pull.

At Bandon I typically carry on Pacific due to some of the paths, while I take a Rickshaw on the other 3. Thanks!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I'd recommend carrying, especially on red/blue as there is a lot of elevation change and pushing might be more of a pain than anything. Many holes have steps up to tee boxes and greens that could be hard to navigate with a pushcart. Black is relatively flat in comparison so you could get away with it but I'd still walk black as well.

^^^^

I agree. The walk isn't bad at all. Sure there is some hills, but remember its still Florida, not Tennessee. The elevation changes are minor in my opinion. I walked and was happy that I did.

Oh I'm walking. It was just a question about the helpfulness of the trolleys versus carrying :)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

you plan to walk this time of the year? unless you're first one out or 5pm tee time, god bless you.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Thanks! ;)

I've got 8:00/8:40 start times right now and will ring them back closer to my trip to see if I can get any earlier than that, as there are early times open right now, but for 3/4 players, no single slots.

I start early here in Texas and make it around OK, but absolutely I know it's gonna be hot. I was actually going to go the Long Island, but we changed that to Sept, so I figured I might as well still go somewhere and here we have it.

F.T.

Advice since you’re in neck of the woods. Drink a bottle of pedialyte the night before. Don’t wait till you’re playing.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

You will be gasping for air around 1030-11am.

Fair enough :)

If I'm paired with guys riding, I may need to do so as well. We played in Orlando in August (a decade ago now) while there for a wedding and it certainly was clammy, especially since we didn't always tee off early.That said, the worst weather we ever played in was last October in Myrtle Beach.

I'll expect the worst and take what I get.

I'd not really planned on getting to Streamsong anytime soon/ever - things just kind of fell that way. I am looking forward to Black and see how 'controversial' it is/isn't.

Edit: Thanks JB - Ya I've really paid attention to that stuff more since I moved to Texas.

F.T.

• 3 weeks later...

Just played the Black for the first time. Did not like the greens, almost like crazy golf at times. I have played links golf in the UK many times and don’t mind large greens but the contouring on the Black is way over the top. The windmill on one of the holes seemed very appropriate.

Red and Blue are by far the better courses in my opinion

Got a round next weekend at The Black. I played Red almost 2 years ago now on a hot Christmas Eve. Being FL natives we know to get in and get off the course by 11. I just can’t wait to get out there. Red was a special place. You could see the Black being built in the distance and the size was crazy.

Ping G400 MAX
Callaway XR 16 Pro 16
Callaway XR 16 Pro 18
Titleist 716 AP2
Titleist Vokey 52 F
Titleist Vokey 58 M
Evnroll ER5
Titleist ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

Playing the red next Wednesday at 8a. I have been walking 9 lately so we shall see if I last walking 18.

Played in a threesome. The other two took a cart and had a fore-caddy as I walked. I think we must have been the first group off of the tee for the day. Pace was really good. Greens on the Red were verticut and top-dressed the day before but they were still fast and very playable.

The course is really wide open IMO and very scoreable. I shot 36 on the front with 3 birdies, and 1 shank. You def need to be in the correct areas of the green in order to avoid a tough putt. As we approached the 15th green the horn sounded to get off the course. I just left after that as I didn't want to wait it out for 3 holes.

Overall very fun course and looking forward to playing it again next weekend along with the Blue.

Our annual golf trip is considering Streamsong for 2019.

Is going in June too risky? We would probably do 18-36-18-18 or something like that on Thurs-Sunday but wasn't sure if June is too late to go

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Driver - Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60 Stiff
TaylorMade SIM2 15° 3W - Mitsubishi Diamana FW Limited 75
TaylorMade SIM Max 19° Hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White HY 90 Stiff
TaylorMade 2-iron UDI P790 - KBS Tour Stiff
TaylorMade P770 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 120g
Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08 F, 60.10 S
2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
Titleist ProV1x
Profile Picture: 16th Tee @ NGLA

Drink lots of water. Early june is better than late june. Afternoon thunderstorms picks up daily mid to late june. It won't matter, streamsong drains better than anything out there.

If you walk, make sure you take the first tee time out. Ride a cart in the afternoon. I personally would play 36 a day for 4 straight days.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

is May that much better vs. early June? we did Pinehurst in July in 2017 :)

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Driver - Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60 Stiff
TaylorMade SIM2 15° 3W - Mitsubishi Diamana FW Limited 75
TaylorMade SIM Max 19° Hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White HY 90 Stiff
TaylorMade 2-iron UDI P790 - KBS Tour Stiff
TaylorMade P770 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 120g
Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08 F, 60.10 S
2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
Titleist ProV1x
Profile Picture: 16th Tee @ NGLA

cost drops sig june 1st ... however, we went the first week of june this year and had 2 days that were affected by lightning ... and when i say affected, when their system picks up a strike within 8 miles (i think it's 8), they clear all golf courses completely ... caddies/forecaddies will immediately seek shelter and wait for transportation when they hear the siren, regardless of how far off it is as they have liability issues ... and they wait 30 minutes after the last detected strike before allowing play to resume, more if there was a lot of rain as the maintenance men will have to check things out ... we were 2 holes from finishing the 2nd day and waited 2 hours to go out and finish those 2 holes ...