Streamsong Tips?

dmitchell165

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you draw Will The "Thrill" as a caddie, you're in for a long day. I've never seen a guy mail in a round the way he did last week.

I think anyone with the nickname 'The Thrill' is bound to disappoint.

2/3 forecaddies we had were fine, 1 wasn't the greatest TBH.

I'm guessing some of their better caddies go north in the Summer?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Buddy and I walked the Blue with push carts. Holy crap that was tough. Buddies Garmin watch had us at 7.1 miles with lots of elevation changes and heat index well over 100 for the round. Blue was awesome but IMHO red is better.

Also got paired up with a solo who was walking with a caddie. One of the guys out back came up to us before the round and told us about being paired up and said that the caddie will also be helping us with reads and yardages and if we want too we can give him a tip at the end. Found it kind of odd since we had no desire to use a caddie and would of paid for one if we did.

After about the fifth hole it just seemed like the yardages we were being told were just not adding up. After air mailing the par 3 7th signature hole I pulled out the range finder with slope and found it was 15 yards shorter then the caddie said. This was the theme for the rest of the round where the yardages he was giving were 10-20 yards shorter then the range finder was reading. Just made it awkward to have to keep pulling out the range finder and debating with him what he is saying vs ehat rhe range finder was reading. I started to just say ok thanks and went off the range finder.

Just seemed weird and not sure If this is how it works if one person in the group takes a caddie. Does everyone else rely on them for info and reads then the entire group tips him at the end?

I know I asked this earlier but do you think May 30-June 2, 2019 is a huge risk to take to go to Streamsong?

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Driver - Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60 Stiff
TaylorMade SIM2 15° 3W - Mitsubishi Diamana FW Limited 75
TaylorMade SIM Max 19° Hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White HY 90 Stiff
TaylorMade 2-iron UDI P790 - KBS Tour Stiff
TaylorMade P770 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 120g
Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08 F, 60.10 S
2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
Titleist ProV1x
Profile Picture: 16th Tee @ NGLA

I know I asked this earlier but do you think May 30-June 2, 2019 is a huge risk to take to go to Streamsong?

May through June is usually pretty safe. Your not into hurricane season yet so there should be no surprises. Summer time its common in Florida that it is beautiful until about 2 or 3pm and then the after noon rain storms start to build. It's obviously HOT during those months so plan on playing morning rounds and that will save you from the extreme heat and the rain. Streamsong is great and it holds its conditions for the most part even in the summer. Hope you enjoy.

Titleist             TSR3 10* w/ Tensei 1k white
Callaway       Apex 19' 3 hybrid w/ Nippon GOST tour stiff

NCW                Tour Department DW mid muscle MB 4-PW w/ Modus 105 S
Vokey            SM8 50f, 56s, 60m
Bettinardi       Studio Stock 17

I have played red and blue and have walked both courses carrying my own bag in the dead of summer. I am in pretty good shape and I can't imagine doing in in 100 plus heat and being in poor shape.

I haven't gotten a caddy before but I am considering getting one for black when I go back.

Black is an easy walk. I walked Black and Blue back to back with maybe 25 minute break in between on a 85* day in April. I usually walk but coming down from Buffalo this was my 4th round of the year and was completely out of golf walking shape. Blue was a much tougher walk than Black.

Walked the Red course today, carried my bag. It was hot and humid, but a little breeze helped out. I don't think it was a crazy walk. 36 a day definitely doable. I walked 36/day carrying at Bandon and don't think Streamsong would be any tougher (wind at Bandon can be just as draining as the heat here, in my opinion).

Driver: Adams 4G 12*
Wood: Adams Fast 10 18*
Hybrid: Ping Anser 20*
Irons: Wishon 550M 5-PW
Wedges: Scratch 8620 53
*/58*
Putter: Bettinardi Queen Bee #6

I have played red and blue and have walked both courses carrying my own bag in the dead of summer. I am in pretty good shape and I can't imagine doing in in 100 plus heat and being in poor shape.

I haven't gotten a caddy before but I am considering getting one for black when I go back.

Black is an easy walk. I walked Black and Blue back to back with maybe 25 minute break in between on a 85* day in April. I usually walk but coming down from Buffalo this was my 4th round of the year and was completely out of golf walking shape. Blue was a much tougher walk than Black.

Agreed on the Blue - I find it to be the toughest walk of the 3 courses, more severe elevation change.

I booked a Friday am round as a single on red. Trying to get on before the summer rates depart and my first born arrives.

How early before my tee time would you say to get there to take advantage of the practice areas and range? Are balls provided at the range? Are there coolers on the carts? Are the reviews for this brisket coming from people who know what really good brisket is (Orlando people can tell me if it's better or worse than pig Floyd... Don't bring up 4r as their brisket has been on my sh*T list) ?

I booked a Friday am round as a single on red. Trying to get on before the summer rates depart and my first born arrives.

How early before my tee time would you say to get there to take advantage of the practice areas and range? Are balls provided at the range? Are there coolers on the carts? Are the reviews for this brisket coming from people who know what really good brisket is (Orlando people can tell me if it's better or worse than pig Floyd... Don't bring up 4r as their brisket has been on my sh*T list) ?

range opens at 7am. For the red course it's a bit inconvenient. NXT Balls are always provided. brisket is whatever. pig floyd isn't all that great tbh. 4rivers USED to be good when it was one small shop on fairbanks.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Agree about 4r. No consistency whatsoever. Pig Floyd on Mills I've never been disappointed. The one in Lake Nona is a little more hit or miss.

Thanks!

I've only been to the one on Mills; I own an office on Mills so I walk there whenever I feel like it. TBH it's B level. Not something I would go out of my way to get. Still good I guess.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

range opens at 7am. For the red course it's a bit inconvenient. NXT Balls are always provided. brisket is whatever. pig floyd isn't all that great tbh. 4rivers USED to be good when it was one small shop on fairbanks.

OMG THANK YOU! I've been saying this for YEARS and all my friends get pissed off when I say it. I dont understand orlando natives love for 4R.

4rivers is garbage (now). it's like the mcdonalds of barbeque. terrible.

And pig floyds isnt even meant to be a bbq place, it's like a spanish barbacoa fusion type of deal.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

OMG THANK YOU! I've been saying this for YEARS and all my friends get pissed off when I say it. I dont understand orlando natives love for 4R.

And pig floyds isnt even meant to be a bbq place, it's like a spanish barbacoa fusion type of deal.

Have you all tried Cecil's on Orange Ave?

I just want florida wrx members to know how lucky they have it at streamsong for summer rates. Red/blue/black is probably one of the best combo of resorts in the world considering we only pay 85 bucks and about 125 bucks for 2 rounds.(replay rate)

having gone to wisconsin recently and playing the brand names of wisconsin, I can genuinely say streamsong is a much stronger course.

Long Live Streamsong!

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Have you all tried Cecil's on Orange Ave?

Yea, Pig Floyd is barbacoa, so the seasoning is very different but with that said, They still do a better job of running a smoker than anywhere else in town, afaic

Been to Cecils. Not impressed with the brisket one bit.

Back to Golf, though: I had a great time on red. I dont know if it was mentioned in this thread, but #7 tee box was washed out and they are working on it, so it played as a par 4 for me that day and so the course was a par 71. really disappointed too because that looked like one of the great views on the course. Conditioning was a hair worse than I expected, but the lay out was just simply phenomenal. Really glad I got to play it before the summer rates go away.

I played the Black and it’s a BIG course! I walked with a trolley in the September heat, and it was a struggle. I really enjoyed the layout and course and as wild as the greens are felt they were actually pretty playable. Played very linksy, and greens were pure. Lots of deception with angles and mounds. I’d go back to play it again, but would take a cart and forecaddie, which is too bad because that really adds to the cost.

i walked with an electric caddie. it was a very easy and bearable walk. the goal is to get a tee time before 8am. i wouldn't suggest walking in the afternoon.

you can walk in the morning and ride a cart in the afternoon and the total cost would be under 200. That's cheaper than 9 holes at whistling straits or erin hills. And I argued all 3 streamsong courses are better than the straits from an architectural point of view.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

That's part of the problem, I walked it in the afternoon. 93 temp and 102 heat index, I would think morning would be much better.

Good GAWD; you are a brave man. You have to get out there before 8am if you want to carry. I'm in pretty good shape and just finished 36x3 in wisconsin but 36 a day in 80 degrees is day and night compared to 95 with humidity.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x