Golf Balls Direct vs. LostGolfBalls

Little Ned

Golf balls direct for me. Quality is much better than LGB.

Surprised to hear of a quality issue burg LGB. They are a WRX Sponsor, right?

Yup.

And have never had an issue with quality. Best of all they back their sales up.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Yup.

What are the buckets like at LGB? Quality consistent?

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Yup.

What are the buckets like at LGB? Quality consistent?

I received an order from LGB a while back. I suppose it's possible that my order was a fluke, but I was not impressed at all. It was bad enough that I will not order used golf balls again.

I looked at this order as a test. If it worked out well, I'd have placed another order soon after receiving this one. I spent ~$80 (including a shag bag) and ended up throwing the bulk of the balls in a junk bucket.

At least 20 of the balls were one grade lower than what I paid for. ex. Of a dozen Pro V1 AAAA, at least four were AAA. Of the big bucket of yellow DT TruSoft I got (four dozen or so), a chunk were lesser grade, a BUNCH had a bleached appearance, several had a funky metallic flake to the yellow finish (did not look like any Titleist balls I'd ever played before), etc.

I bought the TruSoft to fill the shag bag for use around the house, so that wasn't that big of a deal to me. What I was annoyed by was the ProV1's. They were a solid deal and I figured that if they worked out, I could buy a few dozen and game those.

When I emailed the company (specifically about the Pro V1's), they said to return those and they'd send out replacements. So what people are saying about them offering to make it right is true. However, I did not elect to take them up on it, as: 1. Based on that order, I had no intention of ordering from them again, and 2. I'm not a big fan of being inconvenienced (having to box up balls and run to the post office to stand in line) because of shoddy quality control.

I have had very good luck ordering from Golf Balls Direct and think their prices are very good as they usually have a discount code around. I also think their grading system is spot on.

I looked at Lost Golf Balls but their prices seem higher. I have no idea if their quality is as good or not since I haven't ordered from them yet. Sometime I probably will give them a try if I find some that I am looking for at a good price!

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/gradingscale

I've purchased several 5A balls from Lostgolfballs. There is a big difference in quality between 4A and 5A balls. They have a distribution center near me and I've been lucky to see the operation and handpick them. It's pretty fun to find interesting logos and custom stamps in the 5A bins.

LGB will make things right if you call and report an issue.

If you receive something you were not satisfied with, it's their problem to solve. Right up until the point where you don't call them about it and simply gripe about it later.

I ordered some Mint Pro V's. Three of them weren't. I called. They sent me three replacements immediately.

I have purchased many times from them and have never been left disappointed in the end.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

If you receive something you were not satisfied with, it's their problem to solve. Right up until the point where you don't call them about it and simply gripe about it later.

I ordered some Mint Pro V's. Three of them weren't. I called. They sent me three replacements immediately.

I have purchased many times from them and have never been left disappointed in the end.

That would be my point. I get that stuff happens. If they said "hey...we're going to send you some replacements out...please put the ones you weren't happy with in the mail box with the provided return label," I would have been fine with that.

Telling someone that gets up at 0400 and doesn't get home until after the post office closes that they need to take balls to the post office and ship them back to get replacement balls (which will only go out after they have a chance to inspect the returned ones) is making their problem my problem.

Edit: For all I know, that's just how they handled issues (this was last summer) when they haven't dealt with someone before. If that's the case though, that's a pretty good way to make sure that you do not get a repeat order.

That would be my point. I get that stuff happens. If they said "hey...we're going to send you some replacements out...please put the ones you weren't happy with in the mail box with the provided return label," I would have been fine with that.

Telling someone that gets up at 0400 and doesn't get home until after the post office closes that they need to take balls to the post office and ship them back to get replacement balls (which will only go out after they have a chance to inspect the returned ones) is making their problem my problem.

Edit: For all I know, that's just how they handled issues (this was last summer) when they haven't dealt with someone before. If that's the case though, that's a pretty good way to make sure that you do not get a repeat order.

Odd...

They didn't ask for any to be sent back. They asked for my order number and sent replacements after I told them the issue.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

Does LGB ever do promo codes? I have a credit there from a poor quality prior order but with $10 shipping on a dozen balls it's hardly worth it...

[u]Current Set Up:[/u]
TaylorMade Sim2 Max w/ Pro Launch Red
Nike Vapor Speed 3 wood w/ Pro Launch Red
Nike Vapor Fly 5 wood w/ EPIC T90
Callaway X-forged 2013 4-PW PXi 
Cleveland Zip Core 50*

Cleveland Zip Core 56*

Cleveland Zip Core 60*
Odyssey O-Works #7s

One of the members who have an issue with them should invite LGB into this thread. Hate seeing a site sponsor getting beat up and not knowing about it.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

One of the members who have an issue with them should invite LGB into this thread. Hate seeing a site sponsor getting beat up and not knowing about it.

Agree. Seems that people are generally having more positive experiences with GBD than LGB.

It's like reading Amazon product reviews where you take them all with a grain of salt to extent. However, you do have to take into account the overall picture that is painted.

Since they are a sponsor, it'd be nice/fair to hear LGB side.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

Agree. Seems that people are generally having more positive experiences with GBD than LGB.

It's like reading Amazon product reviews where you take them all with a grain of salt to extent. However, you do have to take into account the overall picture that is painted.

Since they are a sponsor, it'd be nice/fair to hear LGB side.

And to be fair, I was a customer long before they came here. I would guess that established customers may pull a little juice when it comes to a complaint - especially if it's their first one.

My overall favorite used ball seller actually was on eBay. He is still on eBay selling other things now. No one, and I mean NO ONE could beat his prices. A dozen true mint Chrome Softs shipped for $15!

I guess when it comes down to it I constantly search for bargains. If a seller as the best deal I jump on it.

Now there was one seller I bought a dozen mints from a couple of years back - pathetic. They were barely "good" condition. He's out of business now also and it's no wonder. When I sent a PM about the condition he refunded 50% but said he didn't have any more mint. (Well, duh - from my experience he didn't have any in the first place!)

Hopefully a rep from LGB comes in here and comments. Even the best sellers can start to fail. (I used to buy from Knet all of the time and then their prices went up while the quality went down a bit so I started looking at other online sellers)

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I had the same exact issue as the previous poster with LGB, approximately 1/3 of my order was at least 1 grade below what I ordered, and 3 or 4 weren't even the correct ball (I ordered 100 Lethals). After emailing customer service they told me to send back the ones I was unsatisfied with for replacements. I ended up keeping them all and vowing never to order from them again. Had they sent replacements and said keep the lesser quality balls, maybe. Even if the sent replacements prior to me returning them with a self addressed box that I could leave with the postman to return the lower quality balls, maybe. Expecting me to box up a bunch of balls, make a special trip to the post office, and wait on replacements, nope. I now either use Golfballsdirect, wait for deals on last years new stuff, or buy MG C4s.

edited to add, this was not my first order with them, so apparently I did not "pull any juice" regardless...

Callaway Paradym TD, AD GP 7X......Titleist TSi 13.5*……TS2 15*
Nike VR Pro Blades 4-PW DGX100......Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60
Taylormade Spider Tour......Sun Mountain 2.5 14 way.....

I had a very similar experience this week with LGB. 17 of 48 balls weren't 5A. I emailed and was told I'd have to send them back. I replied that was too much hassle and that I wouldn't order again from them. I didn't get a response. They could have responded and asked for pictures or something. But only silence.

To be clear, mailing the balls back isn't a big deal. However, I'm not going to play quality control for them. That's their job.

This was the first order with LGB in years. I did this because GBD was out of what I wanted.

I've never had a ball that was less than advertised from GBD. I'm done with LGB.

A year ago I had a few balls that were incorrect model and lower quality than what I ordered from LGB, they mailed me a full dozen of the correct ones to make it right, no questions asked. This year I ordered a bucket of 96 5A 2016 ProV1 and every ball was the correct model and quality. Luck of the draw I suppose.

I've been a loyal LGB customer; probably 10-15 orders with them with only a minor issue here and there, and would normally split with a buddy to get to free shipping threshold. I really enjoyed the Tour Practice ball deal they had early this spring; that worked out amazingly well. However; this thread has me thinking I might give GBD a shot as I'm not seeing any negative reviews at all in here: that is impressive.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

I ordered several different balls the other week and received Q Stars instead of Q Star Tours. GBD is correcting the issue with no questions asked. They've always been first rate and the shipping has been lightning fast!

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

I have placed many orders with LGB. Most good but have seen some quality issues the past year or so. Last year, I contacted them about 1/8 of my order not up to standard and they immediately sent new balls.

I had a discount so order some random balls a couple weeks back. Of the the 24 2017 AAA Prov1/Xs, only a few were what I would expect out of AAA. All others could have passed for AAAA. I ran into huge problems with the B330 and the Srixion XV. Out of 12 B330, 2 were current model, 5 were last year and 5 were even older. Of 12 XVs, 2 were current models, 4 were last year, 3 even older and 3 were the wrong ball altogether. I contacted them and going on two weeks now without replacements.

I had a 20% off coupon so took a chance on 96 AAA 2017 Prov1Xs equated to < $1/ball. Crossing fingers for the same good quality on had on the individual dozen I order previously

I've switched from LostGolfBalls to GolfBallsDirect because of quality issues with LGB, no such issues with GolfBallsDirect.

I did the exact same thing.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq Red 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w VA Baddazz 70X

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ TT X100

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick