2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

I figured Part of our inner HO out

Exactice808

Its funny 2 recent threads have got me laughing inside, Unfortunately one thread go locked already another is doing well....and this debate current, goes just under the Blades vs SGI debate...

that being said..... WHY or WHY do we HO?..... Seriously... WHY? Well... for some... club collecting is more fun then playing this Stupid game anyways...... others..... we really dont know....

with that... maybe, maybe did I just figure something out?

My initial assumption, is PEOPLE want to play good golf right? So take out the Collectors, and purely on the club Hoes that want to just try till they get it right. I know.... while my pocket book cant handle the constant purchase, I am constantly looking for greater performance....and thats when it hit me...... WHY I am a HO.... I remember my car tuning days, It was sorta a little easier, to change suspension rates, with adjustable systems and tune-able Management control systems when I could tweak a fuel system here or there or timing etc.....

Golf....not so much, you gotta go out, Grab a club...and hit it to really know... But diving into the real MEAT and POTATOES of flex, weight, static weight, Swing weight, Loft lie, length....this is REALLY where we can take advantage. I will say this, I do NOT have an club that is copy of another club....(Well sorta)

All my "Extra's" are all different lenghts, lies, weights etc etc....All to zero in on one that works for me.....

While each Golf Swing is different, tuning equipment to each golfer to me is possible. The probably is the inconsistency of a golfer to continue to play one way... EVEN TW stated on the Driving Range before a round, round 1 can be all draws and round 2 can be all fades..... something shows up, but you play to what its doing that day.

OK....anyways, In MY opinion........ Each golfer has a "Generic" set specs that they should focus on, Thats either through "Hoing" or fitting. Meaning.

Length of of Clubs

Lie of Clubs

Static Weight

Swing Weight

Flex of club

Once above matches the player, then you start picking the shaft that helps them optimize the actual flight of the club.... Launch and spin.... UNLESS YOUR ARE Dedicated to 1 type of manufacturer. There are so many options to mess around with you can have a completely mixed bag, yet optimized performance for your swing (at the time) Everyone can improve.

So anyways.... I think people are HOing as they try different shafts, weights, lengths to see if it can indeed impact performance.....

I will Say this, I am no where NEAR the real hoes, but from my Titleist 915D3 I have 5 shafts,

Kuro Kage X stiff 60

Diamana D+ 70 Stiff

Black Tie 7M3 S+

Rip Phenom 60 S

PX PXv 6.0

all different lengths from 44-46"

All different static weights, 114-132grams

different launch and spin characteristics.

with that 3 Shafts have been dropped as they dont perform well, 2 of them I alternate and rotate, when ever I feel like I need a change..... Stupid I know.... But something say one month my swing needs a revamp....or a tweak.... The thing is though......and here is the big thing.... the 2 shafts that work well are somewhat Identical in base specs.

Length, Weight, kick points... only the launch characteristics are slightly different and the flex. (Kuro Kage vs Diamana) 127gram total weight,

But the HO in me still keeps the other 3 shafts....

Now I can go to Irons and that is A WHOLE Other mess.... but I will say this per my sig..... I have found something that works really well and "statistically" I have been playing some of my better golf in regards to my situation (But my set is all messed up LOL), 1/1/2017 average 87, 4/1/2017-Current 83 average. ( My sig has changed about 8 times since the beginning of the year LOL)

The HOing will continue..... but I wish you real hoes solace in your search.....as this is a painful addiction....

To all you knew Up an coming Hoes....good luck and I wish you well...... this addiction is worse then it seems.....

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought: Wow...

My second thought: You've figured out something for yourself (and possibly others) and I commend you for going through such a grinding exercise...

Im just trying to "justify" Einstein said it. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

If you are buying the same setup and its not working...its Insanity........... Justification my friend LOL! HAHAAHAH!!

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Agreed with all the diff shafts, bounce, flex, loft, grinds, etc I just want to try them all to see what fits. Reading reviews online can only offer so much and even that makes your head spin. I am no where near having a ton of clubs but i do find myself looking at clubs and wanting to buy them even tho i have the same thing in my bag.

I'm looking for a new wedge and i'm losing my mind over all the options and reviews.

On a side note (and no one steal this idea) they really need a club rental service where you can rent a club say for two weeks, play it and then return it. Would take a huge capital investment to purchase all the clubs but i think its a good idea.

Hitting in a bay can only tell you so much, 90% of the time us 'regular' golfers arent playing in conditions anywhere close to what you see in a bay which, of course, is a near perfect lie. Dont even get me started on 'testing' wedges which you hit out of the sand, rough, etc.

Agreed with all the diff shafts, bounce, flex, loft, grinds, etc I just want to try them all to see what fits. Reading reviews online can only offer so much and even that makes your head spin. I am no where near having a ton of clubs but i do find myself looking at clubs and wanting to buy them even tho i have the same thing in my bag.

I'm looking for a new wedge and i'm losing my mind over all the options and reviews.

On a side note (and no one steal this idea) they really need a club rental service where you can rent a club say for two weeks, play it and then return it. Would take a huge capital investment to purchase all the clubs but i think its a good idea.

Hitting in a bay can only tell you so much, 90% of the time us 'regular' golfers arent playing in conditions anywhere close to what you see in a bay which, of course, is a near perfect lie. Dont even get me started on 'testing' wedges which you hit out of the sand, rough, etc.

Exactly my point... I know "Hoes" get some flack....but surely some people want to try a different flex..... a different length... a different bounce.... HELL I dont have a manufacture preference... but since a friend game his used Titleist AP2's I started to moved to Titleist just because..... then I got a hold of my Cobra's and they are working WAY better...... Whats the deal LOL

I like that rental Idea, but.... that is some major capital and with that.... the Manufacturers change clubs too fast now..... a rental company could never keep up, especially with the depreciation in value....

BUT..... yups, heck i got about 3 sets of wedges, of different lofts, grinds and makes just because I wanted to try.

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I like to spend money E.

I simply spend money on my 'drug of choice' - golf clubs.

I'd like to say that my motives are performance driven but I'd be lying. I've known my optimal specs for quite some time.

Finally nailed down the driver spot.

Now that I'm hitting the ball well and have nothing left to purchase I'll take the next logical step . . .

Single length irons : )

Rinse and repeat.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I like to spend money E.

I simply spend money on my 'drug of choice' - golf clubs.

I'd like to say that my motives are performance driven but I'd be lying. I've known my optimal specs for quite some time.

Finally nailed down the driver spot.

Now that I'm hitting the ball and have nothing left to purchase I'll take the next logical step.

Single length irons : )

Rinse and repeat.

........ OMG..... I totally forgot about those........you know... I never really wanted to see what I have spent on my clubs.....and I did that with my cars back in the day...and realized I could have bought a house......I wonder if I am nearing those cost as well.....

Pdaddy.... good luck my friends.... what is that? ....oh 'Its a slippery slope" AHAH

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

it is a psychological disease that makes us think that any small (almost insignificant) change in equipment will produce dramatic results in improving consistency

its hilarious because I am fully cognizant of this, and yet i still do it

case in point: My 4 wood shaft is a rogue silver 70 stiff, but it launches just a taaaad too high (sometimes) off the tee and it would really make me feel better if i could find a lower launching shaft that I can still elevate off the deck. I absolutely crush my 4 wood as is and am 100% confident hitting over water to a green 230 yards away. Why would I realistically change anything with that kind of confidence? Answer: I have a psychological disease

G400 LST 8.5* Ventus Blue 6x 🐐 
UW 17* Smoke 70s

Fli-Hi 19* Smoke 80s
223 4-G KBS Tour 120s
RTX ZC 56.12 / 60.09 ff DG Spinner

FTP SM1 0* loft / 400g / SS GT 1.0 

it is a psychological disease that makes us think that any small (almost insignificant) change in equipment will produce dramatic results in improving consistency

case in point: My 4 wood shaft is a rogue silver 70 stiff, but it launches just a taaaad too high (sometimes) off the tee and it would really make me feel better if i could find a lower launching shaft that I can still elevate off the deck. I absolutely crush my 4 wood as is and am 100% confident hitting over water to a green 230 yards away. Why would I realistically change anything with that kind of confidence? Answer: I have a psychological disease

I love the Black Tie in my 3 wood... mid trajectory bullets..... maybe you should try one?

( oh snap.... im not helping am i ? lol dont worry i have it as bad as any of you )

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I love the Black Tie in my 3 wood... mid trajectory bullets..... maybe you should try one?

( oh snap.... im not helping am i ? lol dont worry i have it as bad as any of you )

You fool no one. You're 'undercover' name is bladehunter.

At least with a name like PeanutsDaddy I can claim that I have a food addiction.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I've moved on to the potato cannon.

Just kidding.

I've slowed down my club hoing.

Instead of straight gear swapping, I've been more and more interested in less...standard club adjustment. You don't want to look in my toolbox and especially not in that bucket over there...

But, I am going through a little test with 3 different iron shafts in identical model head sets (full sets each).

I did finally find the right wedge shaft for me last month.

BST is basically a rolling rental service already.

Humans have hunter gatherer instincts, it has made us survive for much longer than the modern world. Marketing and sales knows this and capitalizes by how they approach selling to humans. Why is it that everyone knows cars, furniture, bogo at grocery, clothing etc. is always on some kind of a sale, but you feel compelled to "get it while you can"? furthermore it can be argued that if people just only got what was needed at any cost with zero instinct to "hunt" for the best goods, and "gather" things that seem like easily attainable lownlying fruit, we would be better served in today's world. Instead our instincts that survive in nature are used against us in marketing.

I know it isn't the fun answer, but since you asked, it is the correct one.

I dunno. Just my natural instinct. For a while I collected (um, ho'd) baseball gloves. I had 30 gloves at one point I think and had to keep track of them on Excel. You should see my golf club Excel now... I'm what people call a gear head.

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

There are probably some common personality traits among golfers that ho. For example, here are some of my traits, although I'm not sure I qualify as a golf ho. I did just buy a golf ball retriever (first one) and a golf bag (my fourth). The reason for the golf bag is I really wanted a lighter stand bag (I have two others) that allows clubs to fit more comfortably instead of almost pulling a muscle trying to get a club out of the bag.

OK, here are some personality traits that I have that may be indicative of golf ho's.

1. Type a personality

2. Perfectionist

3. Competitive

4. Results oriented

5. Always looking for a better mousetrap in numerous areas, not just golf

6. Love "new" things

7. Not afraid of change... actually embrace change

8. I adapt to change pretty easily

9. I believe the hype, although I'm becoming more skeptical all the time

10. Always want the "best" of everything, cars, clubs, bags, TV's, computers, etc.

How many can you related to?

It's all about satisfaction. Satisfaction that isn't really there. You'll be chasing it forever, HA!

Wilson Dynapwr Driver

Srixon ZX MK II 2 Hybrid

Cleveland Zipcore XL 5 Iron

Srixon ZX4 MK II Irons 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 4 wedges

Cleveland HB soft 8 putter 

Srixon Q Star Tour ball

There are probably some common personality traits among golfers that ho. For example, here are some of my traits, although I'm not sure I qualify as a golf ho. I did just buy a golf ball retriever (first one) and a golf bag (my fourth). The reason for the golf bag is I really wanted a lighter stand bag (I have two others) that allows clubs to fit more comfortably instead of almost pulling a muscle trying to get a club out of the bag.

OK, here are some personality traits that I have that may be indicative of golf ho's.

1. Type a personality

2. Perfectionist

3. Competitive

4. Results oriented

5. Always looking for a better mousetrap in numerous areas, not just golf

6. Love "new" things

7. Not afraid of change... actually embrace change

8. I adapt to change pretty easily

9. I believe the hype, although I'm becoming more skeptical all the time

10. Always want the "best" of everything, cars, clubs, bags, TV's, computers, etc.

How many can you related to?

3, 6, 7 & 8 for me

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

Nah...ho's just like shiny new toys.

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4