LPGA.. Dress code is too lax

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Wie was the skimpiest dresser it would give me something nice to think about her.

ย 

So far I don't think she has much character, and lately not much game.

ย 

As of right now she may be the most over rated player in history.

ย 

At least if she dresses hot her sponsors get something.

ย 

"Mischelle grab your wrist your not going to break 90 and you wont be able to play out here for a year."

Michelle is probably the 'coolest' dresser playing on the tour. I think she looks great and Nike does a nice job for her. I wish she was playing better though. When she is playing well and enjoying herself, she's fun to watch. Obviously, the only way she can get the TV coverage is if she can regain her form and start shooting lower scores.

Michelle is probably the 'coolest' dresser playing on the tour. I think she looks great and Nike does a nice job for her. I wish she was playing better though. When she is playing well and enjoying herself, she's fun to watch. Obviously, the only way she can get the TV coverage is if she can regain her form and start shooting lower scores.

ย 

are you kidding??????????? she gets TV coverage no matter what she does!!!

It's sad to see this thread degrade into zeroing in on the sexuality of the players involved. I wonder what female players think of this?

ย 

Regardless, for me golf has been, and always will be a sport with some class. It's not a huge thing to ask of someone to not wear something you'd change the oil in your car with.

ย 

It may seem minor, but without someone enforcing some of these 'minor' rules, it wouldn't be long before we'd see some PGA players out there wearing mustard stained, wife beater tank-tops.

ย 

Pants for men, that's another topic. The look is nice, but it becomes almost... punishing to make them wear long pants on those insanely hot weekends. Women do have a 'comfort' advantage there. Just my 2 cents.

"jedimater Posted 6 minutes ago

So do women playing on the PGA Tour follow the PGA guidelines or the men's? I would be a funny protest to watch John Daly show up in a MiniSkirt and sleeveless tank top..

ColinMB Posted Today, 01:50 PM

It's sad to see this thread degrade into zeroing in on the sexuality of the players involved. I wonder what female players think of this?

"

ย 

jedi they have there own dress code I posted the link.

ย 

Colin what does it have to do with there golf skill how they dress? Its not sexuality too me. I detest dress codes period anywhere anytime.

ย 

One of the boring things about the golf Tours is the organizations try so hard to clone them and there personalitys.

ย 

I do not care how they dress just how they play.

Give it a rest already! Who really cares? It's all about the money. If JJ's clothing sponsor thinks that sort of attire will sell... Nike continually puts Michelle in skirts that are IMHO waaaay too short and tops that are too tight. As soon as one of the players showed up wearing a sleeveless shirt about 10 yrs ago, this subject was broched. Pub linx only cares that your covered ... I wish more guys would stay that way. Hurrah for you if your private club has a dress code that is more strict and is more strictly enforced. Can't imagine where the sales for high-end almost exclusinvely golf are for short shorts and halter/tank tops. We trunk slammers can't afford them and the private clubs don't allow them. The clothing manufacturers will follow the money were ever it leads.

You know it's one of the only reasons we watch t he LPGA tour. Ha Ha

ย 

ย 

Agreed does anyone actually watch the LPGA for the golf :good:

ย 

My wife asked why I was watching the women's event since I b**** about how easy their setup is and how bad some of them are; then NG was shown in her skort. My wife just looked at me and left the room. :beach:

ย 

I watch for one reason only!

Get a life and give it a rest! These women, very often, have dressers who select and cordinate their wardrobes. The clothing sponsors are all about the money. Theee worst is Nike and Michelle Wie -- if you can't address the ball without showing the panties beneath the skort -- something is real wrong. I'm really happy for those of you that belong to private clubs, we trunk slammers can't afford this higher end stuff. Many daily fee courses maintain dress codes that disallow collarless shirts, short shorts, muscle shirts, any form of cut off. I just wish the guys would keep their shirts on when playing the public course -- those hairy apes really put you off your game. The best we can hope for is that there won't be a market for the attire that just doesn't seem quite "appropriate".

Golf has had a history of "proper attire" and I don't believe a tank top fits. Sleeveless shirts with collars are fine.

Proper attire used to be long sleve shirts and ties for "gentlemen" as well. Wimbledon used to be "all white" tennis attire. Times change, things change, everything changes...and history is just that...history. Golfing attire will change with the times...whether anyone outside of the sport wants it to or not.

ย 

ย 

Change isn't always for better.

There is value in some traditions. Sometimes keeping traditions, makes it more special.

ย 

If you love tradition, then YOU should play in a wool suit, a dress shirt and a tie. That's traditional. Are you willing to play all of your rounds that way?

Wow Michelle Wie looks great...she is coming into her own....as are many of the young and up and comers.....Morgan Pressel as well...I think that it is all about what works. If you are not the fittest of ladies or men....the tighter stuff should be kept indoors.....If you are in shape or in semi good shape and can pull it off, then go for it. Stretch the boundaries if you can...

ย 

The bottom line is that if you don't want to look like that lady or guy that is at the mall, the flea market, the corner store, or whatever, that everyone is commenting about because their spandex or wife beater is too tight to their extra baggage, then don't wear it.

ย 

Michelle McGann is a larger woman, but you never hear anyone saying that she was not dressed correctly.....just a thought....maybe some of the larger women could take some notes from her. The smaller ones, keep on doing what you are doing.

ย 

I saw Natalie Gulbis at the Kingdom range at Taylor Made and not only did she look professional, but I was thoroughly impressed, as she was way more attractive in person, and friendly was well. My other pro-friend and I were down there for a fitting and tweak, and she happened to be coming in just as we were leaving. Nice as pie and absolutely stunning in person. Could not believe it actually.....thought she was not going to be as hot in person..quite the opposite.

ย 

DG

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

I do not understand what has gone wrong with Golf, both on the Mens and Womens side. If my club would not allow someone to wear something, why would either tour allow it.

ย 

Women are to have either sleeves or a collar, no tank tops allowed for sure.

ย 

There is nothing wrong with golf. The times are changing whether any of the "traditionalist" like it or not. The tours could care less what your club allows. The only ones concerned about the dress code of your club are it's members.

I do not understand what has gone wrong with Golf, both on the Mens and Womens side. If my club would not allow someone to wear something, why would either tour allow it.

ย 

Women are to have either sleeves or a collar, no tank tops allowed for sure.

ย 

There is nothing wrong with golf. The times are changing whether any of the "traditionalist" like it or not. The tours could care less what your club allows. The only ones concerned about the dress code of your club are it's members.

ย 

Now I am 58 years old and not only agree with you but would like to point out to you that a lot of the dress codes at private clubs have not been revised for decades.

ย 

People this is 2007

For what it's worth I think the Lpga dress code is fine and contrasts well with the stupid nonsense that makes the men wear long trousers in 40c of heat - It must surely be a health and safety issue for some of the more well "insulated" fellows! Not only that but they look awful sweating like they're in a sauna.

ย 

Regardless, for me golf has been, and always will be a sport with some class. It's not a huge thing to ask of someone to not wear something you'd change the oil in your car with.

ย 

It may seem minor, but without someone enforcing some of these 'minor' rules, it wouldn't be long before we'd see some PGA players out there wearing mustard stained, wife beater tank-tops.

ย 

Pants for men, that's another topic. The look is nice, but it becomes almost... punishing to make them wear long pants on those insanely hot weekends. Women do have a 'comfort' advantage there. Just my 2 cents.

ย 

ย 

I think it's a healthy debate.