2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Stricter Dress Code Coming For LPGA

Spiranac is complaining bc it's easier for her to be half naked on Insta to get exemptions than it is to put in hard work to make a tour.

This makes 0% sense. She's one of the people who purely benefit from a very lax LPGA dress code. Why the heck would she be the one to want it to be more strict?

...what ? Reread. my point was she's b*tching b/c she wants a less strict code...b/c it's easier for her to dress like she's searchin for D than it is to put in the hard work to make birdies. she's the kardashian of the golf world - somehow her looks are all she's worth.

Ok re-read, makes sense now sorry. I don't know why but before my coffee kicked in, I interpreted that as she was complaining, thus causing the rule change.

But.... when's the last time Paige played in a tour event? I know the one she got invited to she finished almost dead last. Pretty girl, powerful looking swing, but just can't make it on the tour, so it's somewhat moot I guess.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiranac is complaining bc it's easier for her to be half naked on Insta to get exemptions than it is to put in hard work to make a tour.

This makes 0% sense. She's one of the people who purely benefit from a very lax LPGA dress code. Why the heck would she be the one to want it to be more strict?

...what ? Reread. my point was she's b*tching b/c she wants a less strict code...b/c it's easier for her to dress like she's searchin for D than it is to put in the hard work to make birdies. she's the kardashian of the golf world - somehow her looks are all she's worth.

Ok re-read, makes sense now sorry. I don't know why but before my coffee kicked in, I interpreted that as she was complaining, thus causing the rule change.

But.... when's the last time Paige played in a tour event? I know the one she got invited to she finished almost dead last. Pretty girl, powerful looking swing, but just can't make it on the tour, so it's somewhat moot I guess.

we all need coffee brother lol it's monday after all. cheers.

not sure the last time she actually played but - i'd bet she was at a top golf in the last week.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

we all need coffee brother lol it's monday after all. cheers.

not sure the last time she actually played but - i'd bet she was at a top golf in the last week.

Hilariously enough, she met her b/f at a top golf apparently.

I've watched some of her course vlogs, and she's actually got a pretty nice swing and seems to make par quite often. However, I'm guessing mentally, she's all over the place and could never handle the pressure and prejudice she'd face in a real LPGA setting.

Lucky for her, she's going to do just fine financially from her body and looks alone, so I don't feel too bad.

"No plunging necklines" = Paige Spiranac...if she ever makes it

She won't.

I read Paige's write up on it.. I actually agreed with her how unfair it is that she could be fined for wearing the exact shirt as someone else but get pinged due to the size of her chest. Yeah she could wearing something else, but if that's what she's comfortable in. A happy meium must (and will be) found

Agreed though that she's so far away from the tour it's almost not worth mentioning (I'm trying to say that without being dismissive and derisive)

What exactly is Paige Spiranac's status in the golf world that makes her someone that we should listen to? Seriously.

Well, offhand I'd say

1) She's at least 1 step above you on the "ladder".

and

b) it could actually affect HER.

Point #1 has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

I'll give you point b) as the chances of this ever affecting her are just above slim and none. And that's being kind.

Why do some of the LPGA players wear lots of eye makeup (lash, liner, shadow, brow, etc.) as if they are attending a Sports Illustrated swimsuit photo shoot, or going out clubbing with friends? Could it be because they want to look attractive and alluring? If so, to whom do they want to look desirable?

Is this somewhere along the lines of the "she asked for it" defense? Many women will not go out in public without some makeup on. They are not trying to look "desirable" just because of that.

Do you go out in public with your work on the lawn or paint the house grubs? No? Who are you trying to attract?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Why do some of the LPGA players wear lots of eye makeup (lash, liner, shadow, brow, etc.) as if they are attending a Sports Illustrated swimsuit photo shoot, or going out clubbing with friends? Could it be because they want to look attractive and alluring? If so, to whom do they want to look desirable?

Is this somewhere along the lines of the "she asked for it" defense? Many women will not go out in public without some makeup on. They are not trying to look "desirable" just because of that.

Do you go out in public with your work on the lawn or paint the house grubs? No? Who are you trying to attract?

Your example is meaningless. No, it has nothing to do with any sort of defense. My question was a serious question, which really deserves a serious answer.

Let's put it this way - Some (many) women choose to purposely dress a bit provocatively (to some degree) to entice, to allure, to make themselves look (and feel) desirable to the opposite sex. This is their choice, and their choice alone. This causes some women to be uncomfortable, and oftentimes to be jealous and envious. That is human nature. Some women just simply hate other women because they are beautiful, or they are sexy, or they are cute...or they are desirable to the opposite sex. In terms of the LPGA players, do the women who like to dress 'up' need to be toned down, or do the women who are offended by these women and don't like to dress up just need to get over their animosity? I think it is a fair question...

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

Fine Strike. You may have missed the point. Some folks, men and women, like to look their best when they are in public. Others don't care as much. The makeup question imo is not relevant to the provacitive clothing issue. I supposed a player could get too glammed with makeup but I have never seen one do so on tour. I have, on the other hand, seem shorts, skirts, and tops that were not exactly the image a professional tour likely wishes to present.

I have, on the other hand, seem shorts, skirts, and tops that were not exactly the image a professional tour likely wishes to present.

I suspect this professional tour (a.k.a. LPGA) is already kicking themselves in their 'bottom area' over their new dress code policy. I wonder how the LPGA plans on policing their new policy. Can you imagine how it will be done...and who will do it? Will a male possibly to charged with checking 'bottom areas' and plunging necklines? If not, why not? What defines a plunging neckline anyway? Hell, what defines one's 'bottom area'? Is it a butt cheek? If so, where does the butt cheek start?

The LPGA is doing its best to prove they are sexist - by taking its female athletes back to a time when it was acceptable to police women's skirt length and neckline. It's hard to believe in the year 2017 that authority figures are trying to control what women wear and how they express themselves. The LPGA has embarrassingly blown it with a quadruple bogey! Sadly, they incurred a rules violation they failed to count and should be DQ'ed...

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

And I'm guessing we'll never know. More likely, unless the attire is way over the top, the offender will get told after the round to tone it down.

I read Paige's write up on it.. I actually agreed with her how unfair it is that she could be fined for wearing the exact shirt as someone else but get pinged due to the size of her chest. Yeah she could wearing something else, but if that's what she's comfortable in. A happy meium must (and will be) found

Agreed though that she's so far away from the tour it's almost not worth mentioning (I'm trying to say that without being dismissive and derisive)

What exactly is Paige Spiranac's status in the golf world that makes her someone that we should listen to? Seriously.

Well, offhand I'd say

and

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I get it. You don't like her (or at least don't like her game). No worries.

But the topic directly concerns HER and I expect she's a lot more familiar with the LPGA than you are. And sans any bona fides from you, her "status" (as you put it) is far more germane to this sort of discussion than yours (or mine) is.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I like it a little edgy why not this is 2017 not 1952! Sex sells and the girls that are stylish should be aloud to express themselves. Society as a whole (US) is more business casual these days. What's the problem here. I refuse to wear a tie anymore it's stuffy and uncomfortable. Doesn't mean I look any less put together in my humble opinion. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Well, offhand I'd say

and

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I get it. You don't like her (or at least don't like her game). No worries.

But the topic directly concerns HER and I expect she's a lot more familiar with the LPGA than you are. And sans any bona fides from you, her "status" (as you put it) is far more germane to this sort of discussion than yours (or mine) is.

Exactly how does this directly affect her? She does not play on the LPGA Tour and it's about a 99.9% sure thing that she never will.

To be fair, Paige hasn't even qualified for the Symetra tour but this dress code applies to them also. It's funny how now she claims that competitive golf isn't really where her heart is, in that article.

Sorry I'm just not a fan of hers and think she is full of crap. Her opinion on this doesn't matter until it effects her. Right now her opinion has the same weight as those of us on here.

Something else that gets me is Gerina is as endowed as Paige but has no problems complying with the dress code. In fact it is amazing how few people this will effect. I got into a discussion with a couple people who follow the Women With Drive thing. They were acting like this would have an effect on what they wore to the course. Um, no, no it doesn't. They also kept complaining how it's not fair they can't wear skorts. I'm guessing the vast majority didn't actually read it and just jump on the stinky Instagram bandwagon.

Well, offhand I'd say

and

Exactly how does this directly affect her? She does not play on the LPGA Tour and it's about a 99.9% sure thing that she never will.

Translation - no bona fides from you. Thanks. :good:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I'm amazed at how many people either can't read or don't. From the posters here and on a Women With Drive Instagram post I don't get it. All the comments on "I'll still where skorts", they didn't say no skorts.

Reading comprehension just fails many people or they just want to complain. 98% of the outfits worn in a tournament fall completely under the new guidelines. Heck even Michelle's athletic racerback shirts would be acceptable if they had a collar, which Lexi wears quite often. Many of the girls complaining are women who this will never have an effect on. Which Instagram pro will play on the LPGA? Most can't even qualify for the Symetra tour.

I don't think anyone really cares what the ladies wear while playing golf, I'm not watching LPGA golf for the sexy outfits. I am curious what and who is the driving force behind the new dress code. Who pushed for the change, members of the tour, sponsors or Mike Davis and why? Seems such a change warrants some transparency as to the reasoning behind it.

Probably a combination of sponsors and players. I heard them say on one of the recent telecasts that Stacy Lewis was one of the players that said something because a sponsor had said to her, What's up with so and so's outift?

If it's the sponsors then I fully support it, if it's a small minority of players then they need to get over it. If Stacy Lewis wants to wear more traditional (non-revealing) golf clothing she should but she shouldn't be upset if Michelle Wie prefers the more feminine outfits that better showcase her physique. The outfits I've seen aren't offensive so IMO it's goes against everything feminism stands for to dictate what clothing some members on the LPGA Tour should wear just to placate other members.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Reading this thread I feel like I am stuck in the South Park episode where Mr. Garrison tries to get fired. I think it was called "The Death Camp of Tolerance"

The people who think the dress code is fine are the kids who are disturbed by Garrison's actions

The people who think it is some sort of assault against feminism are the parents who are afraid to offend Garrison.

I wont post the episode in here because Mr. Lemmiwinks makes it pretty much NSFWRX

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Something else that gets me is Gerina is as endowed as Paige but has no problems complying with the dress code.

Perhaps she has more self respect.

Or Gerina isn't interested in a modeling career along with being a pro golfer.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Something else that gets me is Gerina is as endowed as Paige but has no problems complying with the dress code.

Gerina probably hopes they don't outlaw shooter shirts and bicycle shorts.

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

Spirinac is trying to have a modelling career based on pretending to be a pro golfer

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Spirinac is trying to have a modelling career based on pretending to be a pro golfer

She wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. I have no problem with male and female golfers increasing their earning potential through modeling and sponsorships.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

The fact that we all know who she is speaks volumes.

Sadly but yes.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

(Daytona Beach, FL 7-25-2017) LPGA Announces New Clothing Line

"After issuing an updated dress code two weeks ago, the LPGA today announced that it would market a line of officially approved golf wear for the tour."

chae-gunny1.jpgchae-gunny2.jpg

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0