Stricter Dress Code Coming For LPGA

Is it possible that part of the reason people in the U.S. don't watch the LPGA is:

a. The best players on the LPGA tour are primarily from Korea?

b. The KLPGA tour ladies are far more stylish and attractive than the LPGA players?

c. The very few American players that are competitive on the LPGA tour hardly ever smile, usually seem unhappy, and have to have their A game to be middle of the pack with the Asian ladies?

Yeah, probably not...

So to fix these problems you modify the dress code?

You really think that's why they modified the dress code?

And I said that where?

I have no clue why they would publicly revise the dress code in the middle of the season. The WIX members who watch the LPGA know this was a pretty minor change but the casual sports fan seeing the headline on CNN now thinks that the attire on the LPGA has been an issue. This is a negative distraction that the tour does not need.

I still haven't seen images of all these violations that had to be corrected. Wie is the only one I know about and I think the collarless razerback ( or whatever you call it ) is much better looking than what she is wearing now.

michellewieoutfit.jpg

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of ratings probably had to do more with not having a player that 90% of the American golf audience knows of, or a name they can pronounce. Not bashing the Asian players but most of the general golf watching audience doesn't know them or care too. Right, wrong. or indifferent that's just viewership. Same with the guys no Spieth, Fowler, DJ etc. and the number typically drops, not as bad but it drops. If a few of the names on the leader board was Thompson, Henderson, Creamer, Korda, etc. The ratings would of been much better. If you ask most viewers that watch golf who the #1 female in the world is they probably don't know or would tell you Lydia Ko or Lexi. For them they turn on the TV see 8 Korean flags of the 10, and no American flag and the channel gets flipped. It is what it is.

When did Henderson become American? If it's name pronunciation would most have an issue with Olafia Kristinsdottir?

It's not an American name but to the casual American golf fan it a lot more recognizable, than

Choi, Hye Jin, Ryu, So-Yeon.

We have to remember the audience we talking about. Joe 18HC from Ohio that likes golf, watches it on TV and plays the local almost weekly. They recognize Paula, Lexi, Brooke, Etc. cause they see them on commercials. Most probably don't know Brooke is even Canadian. That is the lump of golf viewership, not the WRX'er that knows what the average LPGA driving distance is. We have to remember that we our the outliers not the norm.

And you are assuming that the only audience that matters to the LPGA is the American TV audience. It is a worldwide tour with many of the sponsors non-American brands.

The Professional Bowling Association is also worldwide.

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

I've been trying to find the white UV Nike crop top because it IS much better than sunscreen goop, and/or pulling up the sleeves to stay on while playing. They're sold out of them everywhere. Can you share what other companies make something similar?

Nike calls it a "cropped base layer." I found it online at one of the golf discounters. Doesn't breathe well. I can see using it more for cycling than for golf.

Face it - the executives at the LPGA that make decisions are lackluster...

So apply for the job. Let's see how you do.

If not, you're just another Monday morning quarterback in the peanut galllery.

The LPGA Tour Commissioner, Michael Whan, doesn't even make $1 million. And, I can see why! He's actually overpaid...

You've shown yourself in this thread to be hysterical and given to hyperbole. You, too, are overpaid and we are not even providing you any salary.

Hysterical - not in the least. I actually think this stricter dress code, and how it was handled, is stupidly funny. I find the LPGA as merely a slow-motion train wreck deep in the countryside where few see it, and even fewer care.

What is stupidly funny is listening to someone bloviating page after page in a thread on a golf forum about a subject that they obviously know next to nothing about.

So apply for the job. Let's see how you do.

If not, you're just another Monday morning quarterback in the peanut galllery.

The LPGA Tour Commissioner, Michael Whan, doesn't even make $1 million. And, I can see why! He's actually overpaid...

And he is overpaid why?

Do I really need to explain? When someone is doing an unsatisfactory job...whatever is being paid is too much.

So you don't have an explanation.

And he is overpaid why?

Do I really need to explain? When someone is doing an unsatisfactory job...whatever is being paid is too much.

Not that you could understand...

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

And he is overpaid why?

Not that you could understand...

Well, your incoherent ramblings are a bit difficult to unravel.

Charley Hull, one of the more "traditionally dressed" player. From her interview with BBC.

"I don't wear any of them, so it doesn't really affect me. But I think it's a shame, as many people label golf old-fashioned and we need to move away from that.

Golf needs to be more original and athletic. If you look at most golfers, I don't think they look that good. If the clothes were cool, more people would play and watch it."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/40709290

Charley Hull, one of the more "traditionally dressed" player. From her interview with BBC.

"I don't wear any of them, so it doesn't really affect me. But I think it's a shame, as many people label golf old-fashioned and we need to move away from that.

Golf needs to be more original and athletic. If you look at most golfers, I don't think they look that good. If the clothes were cool, more people would play and watch it."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/40709290

Charley is TOO COOL...it's shame she hasn't taken the LPGA by storm.

Her dad is a really nice guy...but doesn't travel much anymore with Charley.

Here's hoping Charley bashes the Americans at the Solheim. :taunt:

It will be fun seeing all the Americans razing Suzann in Des Moines and Petterson turning around giving them all the ONE FINGER salute....Tutta scares me. :swoon:

They need to start covering up track and field women too.

The next thing you know, they'll be playing for money in a pinch back suit and I call that trouble.

With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for pool!

And all week long your River City youth will be fritterin' away. Fritterin' away their noon time, super time chore time too...

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

Have the people who are up in arms about this actually read the guidelines? Pretty much 99.9% of the outfits that have been worn on tour this year would be legal under these guidelines. Most of them that weren't conforming were all of a collar or mock collar away from doing so. Women that are worried about looking athletic and sexy on the course will still be able to do so, but may have to make some very minor tweaks to their outfits (collars on racerbacks being the most common one).

Have the people who are up in arms about this actually read the guidelines? Pretty much 99.9% of the outfits that have been worn on tour this year would be legal under these guidelines. Most of them that weren't conforming were all of a collar or mock collar away from doing so. Women that are worried about looking athletic and sexy on the course will still be able to do so, but may have to make some very minor tweaks to their outfits (collars on racerbacks being the most common one).

What's the idea of coming in here with a factual post that makes no more out of the new dress code than it actually is.......Booooooooooring.

Based on my reading of the new policy, this would be allowed. It's not a racerback, so no collar is required. No mention of straps.

BS-e1500501902592.jpg

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Based on my reading of the new policy, this would be allowed. It's not a racerback, so no collar is required. No mention of straps.

BS-e1500501902592.jpg

Yeah but we cannot see her front-is it plunging? And when she bends over will her "bottom area" still be covered? Inquiring eyes/minds want to know. :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

BS-e1500501902592.jpg

Yeah but we cannot see her front-is it plunging? And when she bends over will her "bottom area" still be covered? Inquiring eyes/minds want to know. :)

Doesn't seem to be any shorter than Sandra's typical skort.

how-to-hit-a-driver.jpg

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

BS-e1500501902592.jpg

Doesn't seem to be any shorter than Sandra's typical skort.

how-to-hit-a-driver.jpg

Have you volunteered with the LPGA to be in charge of the bottom area compliance management department?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Have you volunteered with the LPGA to be in charge of the bottom area compliance management department?

Lol. I've tried contacting them numerous times, but my calls and emails go unanswered. I wonder why?

If the 'collar' represented only 0.1% of what [changes] really needed to be addressed with the players - that just shows how totally inept (INCOMPETENT) the LPGA is by issuing the updated dress code policy.

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

If the 'collar' represented only 0.1% of what [changes] really needed to be addressed with the players - that just shows how totally inept (INCOMPETENT) the LPGA is by issuing the updated dress code policy.

In this case their lawyers probably dictated how the situation should be handled. In these PC times, it's better to send out a general memo about the dress code than to sit down those who violated it and risk them being triggered.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Was Allison Lee's wardrobe during round one of The Ricoh Open within the guidelines? I'm not complaining of the view just curious. Looked like regular tights with pockets.

They sure look like pants to me. Jessica and Paula were wearing something similar. That's one of the nutty parts about the new rules. A lot of players wear tight fitting pants made from stretchy material, e.g. Amy Yang. Those pants are very popular in Korea. So what's the difference between that and a pair of yoga pants? Pockets? OK, throw a pocket on there and it's conforming.

Alison+Lee+Ricoh+Women+British+Open+Day+One+XYJxaq-ftZ5l.jpgJessica+Korda+Ricoh+Women+British+Open+Day+Il2k8nKJSYZl.jpg

Ricoh+Women+British+Open+Day+One+TITBpkXY7X0l.jpg