Stricter Dress Code Coming For LPGA

Old fat people oppressing young attractive people, because influence is the only thing they have left.

ps. Im fat, not attractive and have very little influence. I dont have a dog in this fight.

R9 460 10.5 L flex 46"

COBRA Baffler XL 17* FW
COBRA Baffler XL 22* 25* 28* hybrids
Hand ground Bazooka QLS 7-PW

Component Wedges 50* 54* 60* 63*
(hand grinds) torched 

Heavy Putter B2m 38" Ust FF shaft
Rife Switchback XL (custom long neck) 34" UST FF 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the PGA tour's dress code is more strict than the LPGA. Every time there's a thread about allowing men to wear shorts it seems to be less passionate lol.

I don't have an issue with dress codes. Several workplaces have them for both men and women. As long as they are reasonable why does it matter? I don't see anything unreasonable in what they are asking from the players

I am guessing it is a knee jerk reaction to what people perceive as an infringement of their rights and liberties. Doesn't matter if what the LPGA is asking for is reasonable. Heck, it doesn't even matter if a person is an LPGA fan or not.

But won't someone think of the children???

Seriously though, I wonder if the LPGA's decision was made with younger fans in mind. As in, let's make the dress code a little more professional because a lot of LPGA players are indeed role models for children. Just a thought. I have no idea what the motivation was but I am going to give the LPGA benefit of the doubt and assume that they are not trying to squash anyone's spirit, kill ratings, and/or drag women's golf backwards into the past.

Typical reaction on golfwrx.

Everyone acts like the people who make these kind of decisions haven't taken the time to adequately think the issue through.

Everyone acts like they are smarter than the people who get paid to make these kinds of decisions.

Just because you have a job and are paid well for it doesn't mean you're actually competent.

See: Washington D.C.

So what does that make the people who voted for them :cheesy:

I believe the PGA tour's dress code is more strict than the LPGA. Every time there's a thread about allowing men to wear shorts it seems to be less passionate lol.

I don't have an issue with dress codes. Several workplaces have them for both men and women. As long as they are reasonable why does it matter? I don't see anything unreasonable in what they are asking from the players

I am guessing it is a knee jerk reaction to what people perceive as an infringement of their rights and liberties. Doesn't matter if what the LPGA is asking for is reasonable. Heck, it doesn't even matter if a person is an LPGA fan or not.

I agree.

Again the majority of workplaces have some sort of dress code. Violation of liberties and accusations of sexism I think are misplaced unless the argument is that any dress code in any environment is also the same.

From what I understand based on quick reading, it seems the women still have more options than men. They can wear shorts!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Would be GREAT if you added a poll to this topic to see how folks felt about it. It tried - but one of the MARSHALS was obviously bored today, so he locked the topic.

[list]
[*][size=4][b][color=#0000ff]Ping G410 LST, Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro [/color][/b][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana BF[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 3 hybrid, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Pro[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][color=#008000][b]Ping G410 4 hybrid, Evenflow Black[/b][/color][/size]
[*][size=4][b]Titleist T200 5-9 KBS Tour Flt [/b][/size]
[*][size=4][b][color=#daa520]Callaway MD5 45,49,54,58/[/color]
[*][color=#b22222][b][size=4]TP Mills Trad II Hand Forged [/size][/b][/color]
[/list]

Is new LPGA dress code 'body shaming' players?

http://www.foxnews.c...ng-players.html

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#006400][i]I'm back on the tour playing again...[img]http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/42x27/80-yahoo_c1e85bb914542fdc9f0f5b3c66f5ed93fa601ccf.gif[/img] [/i][/color][/b][/font][/size]

Would be GREAT if you added a poll to this topic to see how folks felt about it. It tried - but one of the MARSHALS was obviously bored today, so he locked the topic.

Just based on the comments here (and common sense) nobody really thinks it's an issue. The people making the rules aren't the ones playing. See the pics I posted...none of them wore offensive outfits, not even close. If people are offended by seeing a few inches above some girl's knees, then they should watch other things.

This news was a little slow getting here but were reading about it today. Here is the take from our national paper with related photos....

https://www.stuff.co...atest-dresscode

They didn't even use an actual picture of Michelle Wie in competition, it was a modeling picture.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I agree.

Again the majority of workplaces have some sort of dress code. Violation of liberties and accusations of sexism I think are misplaced unless the argument is that any dress code in any environment is also the same.

From what I understand based on quick reading, it seems the women still have more options than men. They can wear shorts!

Workplaces and sports teams have dress codes but pro golfers are independent contractors so it's loosely applicable. I would guess there is push back from the less fit / attractive LPGA members who believe they are losing sponsorship money and fans to the LPGA members who dress more provocatively.

I haven't seen any LPGA member wear something that I'd consider offensive or too revealing but it's clearly a different approach from the PGAT Tour men who are expected to wear long pants and a shirt with a mock or actual collared shirt.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I agree.

Workplaces and sports teams have dress codes but pro golfers are independent contractors so it's loosely applicable. I would guess there is push back from the less fit / attractive LPGA members who believe they are losing sponsorship money and fans to the LPGA members who dress more provocatively.

I haven't seen any LPGA member wear something that I'd consider offensive or too revealing but it's clearly a different approach from the PGAT Tour men who are expected to wear long pants and a shirt with a mock or actual collared shirt.

Independent contractor isn't a catch all to do whatever you want though, you still get contracted by someone or some enterprise that can ask you to follow their rules. It's your choice to just go work somewhere else. One of my close family members is an independent contractor as it happens and one place she works does actually have a dress code. (it's in the medical space so this is understandable)

I agree with you, it's not like people have been out there in bikinis, I just don't have an issue with them giving a reasonable dress code and think were making too big a deal over it for "social justice" reasons

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Typical reaction on golfwrx.

Everyone acts like the people who make these kind of decisions haven't taken the time to adequately think the issue through.

Everyone acts like they are smarter than the people who get paid to make these kinds of decisions.

Just because you have a job and are paid well for it doesn't mean you're actually competent.

See: Washington D.C.

So what does that make the people who voted for them :cheesy:

It doesn't necessarily make them anything - politicians promise to do what their voting base wants and then when they get elected they do something else. I think the word is liar. They are liars and are overwhelmingly bad at their jobs.

I'll watch less LPGA, if that's possible.

Lol, sad but true.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

My 11 handi golfer wife is quite stylist in golf attire, as are most of her golfer friends. But when watching the LPGA they often remark how annoying it is to see how poorly dressed many LPGA women are.

LOL, my non-golfing wife always voices the same opinion.

Golfers in general are poor dressers I think. Not that stuff aren't neat and tidy, but a lot of the colours ant matching tend to be terrible. I mean, there's a brand called "Loudmouth"... It's like it's acceptable to were bright bold colours on a golf course, but hey, if I go to the supermarket on the way home in my red pants and black shirt, I'm going to stand out (probably in not a good way) at the supermarket whereas on the course it's probably perfectly acceptable.

The golf course seems to be one of those places we can push beyond the boundaries of dress. It's a microcosm on it's own and I don't have a problem with it at all.

The LPGA clothes rules are garbage. I, like Arg, watch almost all of the LPGA events as well as many KLPGA events. The only rule I would implement is that So Yeon, Michelle, In Gee, Ha Neul, Shin Ae, and Sandra are NEVER allowed to put a scorecard holder in their back pockets and all Capri pants would be immediately banned with prejudice.

I didn't think the players even picked out what they wore. Doesn't their sponsor just send them stuff?

Yeah but they'll be able to say "Hey, can you get me something that looks like this or I want to avoid those". They'll have preferences. At the end of the day, people feel comfortable in something for one reason or another.

Seems pretty rediculous, even the rules on what they have to wear to pro am party

You'd like to think that it wouldn't need to be policed and that common sense would prevail. Who knows, it usually only takes one person to ruin it. Or it was just decided that they needed to have it clear and there wasn't actually any events that started this

The LPGA clothes rules are garbage. I, like Arg, watch almost all of the LPGA events as well as many KLPGA events. The only rule I would implement is that So Yeon, Michelle, In Gee, Ha Neul, Shin Ae, and Sandra are NEVER allowed to put a scorecard holder in their back pockets and all Capri pants would be immediately banned with prejudice.

Wait... Why can't Sandra put her score card holder in the back? She wears the skirt/skort... where the heck else does it go? Lexi had hers there...so did like, everybody else?

This seems like a triple standard from golf's governing bodies. They let women wear shorts, skirts and other items not allowed for men because they know that it adds an element of female sexuality to the product which boosts viewership which keeps sponsors forking out the cash. Then they create an arbitrary line in which female sexuality becomes no longer acceptable. Maybe the sponsors were grumbling about something.

"No plunging necklines" = Paige Spiranac...if she ever makes it

She won't.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Christina Kim is all for the new dress code? Funny how it's always the girls that nobody wants to see in these outfits that are the most vocal about it. It's not like wearing them gives them a scoring advantage or some sort of competitive benefit. And it's not like the tour was requiring them to wear these revealing outfits, so you could choose to wear something less revealing if that is what you are comfortable with. But the PC police can't handle the fact that some women like to dress up and some men respond positively to that.

12.0 @ 11.25 Titleist 915D2 | Diamana M+ 50
16.5 @ 17.25 Titleist TSI2 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60

23.0 @ 22.25 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 60
7H 29.0 @ 28.0 Titleist TSI1 | HZRDUS Smoke Black 80HYB
6-P Titleist T100 | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue AM2
50.12F, 54.12D, 58.10S, 62.08M Titleist Vokey SM8 | Nippon 850GH
Scotty Cameron SS Newport 1.5
Taylormade TP5