2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Anyone have any problems with their Bushnell rangefinders?

On 11/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, Precision Pro Golf said:

If you're having issues with your Bushnell rangefinder, consider trading it in for a 20% discount on any of our rangefinders including the new [NX9 HD Slope](https://www.precisionprogolf.com/product/nx9-hd-slope-rangefinder/ "NX9 HD Slope")! Just shoot an email to [email protected] and we'll hook you up!

This is a great offer, but there seems to be a growing trend of reports on faulty PP units. With replacements also being faulty. No doubt your customer service gets glowing reviews on promptness and willingness to help those with duds. Have you had some bad batches?

Also, I'll ask this, because you've been active on the boards and been willing to chime in. Do you agree that the laser tech is generally level across the board these days? Or what would you say to those that believe that? Secondly, what is the difference between a PP and my Tec-Tec-Tec that I've been using without issue for 3 years? If I were to use them side by side what would I notice?

On 7/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, PhilS said:

I was having a terrible problem with my Tour V4 Shift in that the sight circle would disappear randomly. To resolve the issue, I'd simply tap it against my hand a couple of times and the sight circle would come back. I was thinking of trading it in, but then I saw in one of the forum discussions about the battery cap not being tight and to just put a piece of aluminum foil under the cap. And sure enough, I started watching the battery indicator when my Shift would lose the sight circle and the indicator would show "low battery", even though I have a fresh battery in it. So, I did the "foil fix" and it's been working great since. Just wanted to share this in hopes of helping others out there having the same problem.

Hot damn! My Patriot V4 has been with me 5+ yrs but has gotten temperamental of late. Just out of nowhere stops working.

Was about to toss and just did your aluminum trick.

Yahtzee!

• 1 month later...

I ordered an XE Pro in late May. Didn’t receive it until late August. A month later none of the atmosphere stuff worked and the Slope was reading crazy. Like a 20 ft downhill shot would show up as +2% slope. Completely wrong. I sent it in and 5 weeks later I called to check on it. They said they couldn’t fix and would send me a new one, in Feb 2021!!!!! I had them just send me Tour V5 Shift instead bc none of XE Pro’s stuff worked anyway. I’ve had the Tour V5 Shift for less than a week and the slope is already not working right. Doing the same false readings. At this point I don’t know what to do. I paid a lot of money for the XE Pro, it literally never performed as advertised. Took a cheaper product w/ less  functions in exchange just to have a rangefinder, and it doesn’t work either. Not to mention it has literally been 6 months since I purchased the XE Pro originally, and have only been able to use it or the replacement V5 Shift for about 4 weeks total. To say I’m not happy with Bushnell would be an understatement.

Titletist TS3 9.5* Tensei Raw Blue 55 S

Titleist TS3 15* 3wd PX Evenflow T-1100 6.0 75

Titleist 818H 17*, 20*, 23* Hybrids w/ Fuji Atmos HB Tour Spec 8S Blue

Titleist 620MB 5-PW KBS Tour V 110S

Vokey SM8 52.08F & 58.08M KBS Tour V 110S

Scotty Cameron Newport Pro Platinum is my gamer. Currently experimenting with an Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide.

2019 ProV1 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:50 AM, CRB357 said:

I ordered an XE Pro in late May. Didn’t receive it until late August. A month later none of the atmosphere stuff worked and the Slope was reading crazy. Like a 20 ft downhill shot would show up as +2% slope. Completely wrong. I sent it in and 5 weeks later I called to check on it. They said they couldn’t fix and would send me a new one, in Feb 2021!!!!! I had them just send me Tour V5 Shift instead bc none of XE Pro’s stuff worked anyway. I’ve had the Tour V5 Shift for less than a week and the slope is already not working right. Doing the same false readings. At this point I don’t know what to do. I paid a lot of money for the XE Pro, it literally never performed as advertised. Took a cheaper product w/ less  functions in exchange just to have a rangefinder, and it doesn’t work either. Not to mention it has literally been 6 months since I purchased the XE Pro originally, and have only been able to use it or the replacement V5 Shift for about 4 weeks total. To say I’m not happy with Bushnell would be an understatement.

If it's possible and your willing to go another route,  I would suggest getting your money back and get yourself a Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized.  I have had my unit for 2+ years and it has been rock solid with 0 issues.

• Thanks 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

On 12/31/2020 at 6:50 AM, CRB357 said:

Too many cheap rangefinders that work perfectly well to be considering brands like Bushnell or even Precision Pro. IMHO of course.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:50 AM, CRB357 said:

That's just unacceptable. Get your money back and move on.

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

• 5 months later...

Really disappointed in Bushnell.  Have used their products for years but no more.  I purchased a new Slope V4 in 2019 and had it for about 18 months when it started giving me incorrect readings.  Thought it was the battery but changed out the battery and still giving incorrect readings.  Then it stopped working completely.  Sent it back to Bushnell under warranty and got back a sheet of paper that said "RETURN - NO WORK DONE - water / fog damage".  I kept the V4 in it silicone sleeve, I walk the course/carry my bag and don't play golf in the rain (obviously have gotten some rain when the weather changed but very little) and when I'm not using the V4 it was in a waterproof pocket in my bag.   To buy a $499 range finder, have it crap out so quickly and get no response from the company other than the above is BS.  Certainly wont be buying another Bushnell product as the product is certainly not "water resistant" as advertised.  And their BS response to their warranty is certainly not a way to engender customer loyalty. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve B said:

Really disappointed in Bushnell.  Have used their products for years but no more.  I purchased a new Slope V4 in 2019 and had it for about 18 months when it started giving me incorrect readings.  Thought it was the battery but changed out the battery and still giving incorrect readings.  Then it stopped working completely.  Sent it back to Bushnell under warranty and got back a sheet of paper that said "RETURN - NO WORK DONE - water / fog damage".  I kept the V4 in it silicone sleeve, I walk the course/carry my bag and don't play golf in the rain (obviously have gotten some rain when the weather changed but very little) and when I'm not using the V4 it was in a waterproof pocket in my bag.   To buy a $499 range finder, have it crap out so quickly and get no response from the company other than the above is BS.  Certainly wont be buying another Bushnell product as the product is certainly not "water resistant" as advertised.  And their BS response to their warranty is certainly not a way to engender customer loyalty. 

What the heck is "fog damage"?  Pretty poor form by Bushnell.  My Nikon came with a 5 year warranty, hoping to never need the warranty, but was impressed by the 5 years part.

• Like 1

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• 2 months later...

Bushnell Hybrid

internal battery cannot be changed, after charging is only 50% !!!! Distances to hazards etc stop working within 15 holes advertises 3 rounds of golf just a joke. 
Bushnell solution,,,, but another 25% discount ,,,,,,,,,,, which equates to £300 every 2 and a half years!!!!!!

PRODUCT RECALL IS NEEDED sort out the internal battery and give people value for money!!!

• 1 year later...

I have a Bushnell NeoX rangefinder, which is over 2 years old.  It has been supported in Europe by iGolf.

I've just been informed that this support has stopped and I must contact new organisation YUMAX. YUMAX have replied that I will get no support/updates etc in future. Only products in the 2 year warranty period will be supported.

How can Bushnell abandon European customers in this way? My Neo x has worked well but is becoming unreliable/slow. It just needs an update. If I have to buy a new rengefinder it will never be a Bushnell. All golfers beware!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh look at that. People complaining about Bushnell essentially leaving customers out to dry with no help whatsoever? Who could have seen it. Decent product at an inflated price tag with terrible customer service. I'd rather spend the money I'd use on a Bushnell to pay a homeless guy to pace off my yardages for me.

• 8 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 4:52 PM, Noles said:

My Tour V4 just stopped giving distances.  It still powers up, but no distance is displayed when I press the button.  Is there anywhere that fixes these things or does everyone just buy another?

This can happen if the battery is weak. Even though you may still get a display it may not function correctly on a weak battery. Another think to try is a hard reset. To do so press & hold the fire button for 10 seconds.

• Like 1

V3 jolt and have never had an issue. Play 75-100 rounds a year

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5

Callaway Steelhead XR   5 wood

Callaway GBB            20 degree hybrid

Callaway  B 21           4-PW

CBX Zipcore       48-54-58

2015 Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

Vice Pro Soft 

Golf Pride 2G white

2 hours ago, st1800e said:

Try cleaning the contacts and battery ends with alcohol or electrical contact cleaner.   Then try the 10 second reset right after replacing the battery.  

I'll try, but there is no issue with power.  It powers up every time, just doesn't display a yardage.  Would the contacts effect that?

1 hour ago, Noles said:

I'll try, but there is no issue with power.  It powers up every time, just doesn't display a yardage.  Would the contacts affect that?

Can’t hurt to clean them.   I had the same symptoms as you. I learned that removing and reinstalling the battery then the first thing to do is the hard reset, don’t try a distance measure first.   That’s what fixed mine.  

What brand and model is everyone moving to? 

stay away from Leupold GX line. (3c, 5c,6c and older models) they advertise as water proof and it is built as such (sealed with gaskets) but the display fades over time making it illegible. This is a common issue. 

owned a Nikon 80i in the past. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time but the stabilization feature made the crosshairs run away from the flagstick. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 1:56 PM, st1800e said:

Can’t hurt to clean them.   I had the same symptoms as you. I learned that removing and reinstalling the battery then the first thing to do is the hard reset, don’t try a distance measure first.   That’s what fixed mine.  

So my V4 worked for about 8 games, then the intermittent functioning came back, removed battery, reset, worked for a few holes.  Then nothing.  Gave it a tap on the cart frame, worked for a few more holes….

Has anyone disassembled a laser range finder?  Of course there’s no obvious way to disassemble.   I’m thinking there’s a loose connection in there.  

On 7/12/2023 at 11:28 AM, st1800e said:

So my V4 worked for about 8 games, then the intermittent functioning came back, removed battery, reset, worked for a few holes.  Then nothing.  Gave it a tap on the cart frame, worked for a few more holes….

Has anyone disassembled a laser range finder?  Of course there’s no obvious way to disassemble.   I’m thinking there’s a loose connection in there.  

This video may help.

• Thanks 1