2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

no interest for the Seniors Open Championship??

jmvargas

Love all these types of posts....You wouldn't be saying this if he was an American!! Blah blah blah. Total deflection. It's a specialty around here.

Bernard Langer is pressing his left forearm against his chest when he putts. I don't need him to lie and tell me he's not doing it. I don't need Brandel Chamblee to tell me that he is. And I certainly don't need the ruling bodies to tell that I don't quite understand what I can see with my own two eyes.

The other explaination that's fascinating on this forum: Well, the ruling bodies say that he's not, so it's a moot point.

Okay... You poor robots. I'm sorry that you choose to listen to others blindly, than do the research (simple in this case) and state your own beliefs. Very sad.

I have watched it. I don't what research is required. I choose to accept Bernard's word for it. What would you do? Place a hard backed book between his hand and chest, then remove it! The man is a man of integrity who has been a champion around the world and a fine example to all that love the game and aspire to someday play to his level. Sure call him a cheat or hope that the putter is banned and then he could retire. Oh that would suit some agendas, sure we told you!

No one wants him to retire, the USGA / R&A need to make a definitive ruling so the question is put to rest.

Sorry, but I believed Lance Armstrong when he denied and swore he wasn't cheating and I looked like an idiot. Today, I don't believe anyone is beyond cheating when money and fame are involved.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love all these types of posts....You wouldn't be saying this if he was an American!! Blah blah blah. Total deflection. It's a specialty around here.

Bernard Langer is pressing his left forearm against his chest when he putts. I don't need him to lie and tell me he's not doing it. I don't need Brandel Chamblee to tell me that he is. And I certainly don't need the ruling bodies to tell that I don't quite understand what I can see with my own two eyes.

The other explaination that's fascinating on this forum: Well, the ruling bodies say that he's not, so it's a moot point.

Okay... You poor robots. I'm sorry that you choose to listen to others blindly, than do the research (simple in this case) and state your own beliefs. Very sad.

I have watched it. I don't what research is required. I choose to accept Bernard's word for it. What would you do? Place a hard backed book between his hand and chest, then remove it! The man is a man of integrity who has been a champion around the world and a fine example to all that love the game and aspire to someday play to his level. Sure call him a cheat or hope that the putter is banned and then he could retire. Oh that would suit some agendas, sure we told you!

Electrodes. Mild charge, of course. Just singe his chest hairs a little when he cheats.

Wouldn't work. He'd just start waxing.

What does it mean to be the best 50+ golfer, any more than it means to be the best 50+ tennis or soccer player? I don't get it. But if someone is willing to pay them a truck of money well good luck to them.

one if not the only sport that you can be a rookie again at the youthful age of 50. Watched life saving measures being performed on a 64 year old on the tennis court last week.

i'm guessing those who don't like the senior tour are not yet seniors..

in any case for us seniors it is refreshing and inspiring to see what COULD be achieved by those closer to our age as i can no longer relate my game to all those strong young men on the regular tour and really enjoy watching what the best in my age group can do including their WITB..

i must confess that at 71 though my game is closer to the lpga tour nowadays which i also enjoy watching specially their WITB..

when my game was still competitive i specially enjoyed entering tournaments which had age-groupings and have won my share of those including archery tournaments which is my other main sport..

so to each his own...

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Electrodes. Mild charge, of course. Just singe his chest hairs a little when he cheats.

Wouldn't work. He'd just start waxing.

Look at it!!

Excellent for insomnia. Good reason Bernhard is mopping the floor with these guys. He is about the only one left that was a top golfer. The rest are golfers that made a good living but weren't stars. The real stars are now too old (like Watson). Please don't bring up 1 major (15 wins) Freddie..how he is in the GHOF is beyond comprehension lucky he isn't in the LPGA.

Your logic works IF it was consistant.... But it isnt.. we have seen too many rulings in the past year that invloved asking a player if he or she touched a ball on the green etc... then only to have video decide that ruling... this isnt being treated that way... Bottom line is that the ambiguity of this rule should be removed... either repeal the rule or deny use of the long putter...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Excellent for insomnia. Good reason Bernhard is mopping the floor with these guys. He is about the only one left that was a top golfer. The rest are golfers that made a good living but weren't stars. The real stars are now too old (like Watson). Please don't bring up 1 major (15 wins) Freddie..how he is in the GHOF is beyond comprehension lucky he isn't in the LPGA.

i agree..

corey pavin who finished second and the other serious chasers like lonard,andrade,mayfair, flesch, etc...were all middle of the road golfers with a few wins here and there who just couldn't handle the pressure on the back 9 on sunday cause they've never been there often enough--if ever.

fred couples was lucky to back into 3rd as he was too far behind at the start and had a good last round without having a chance to win anyway..

even corey missed 2 crucial 4-footers towards the end which could have made the finish much more exciting..

and the top golfers who are already seniors like vj singh, steve stricker,and the like are still trying their hand at the regular tour..

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

That's the real answer as to why Langer is cleaning up. Faldo, Seve and Norman aren't out there to stop him for various reasons. If Vijay decided to play every week, Bernhard wouldn't even lead the tour in cheating accusations.

I personally enjoyed watching Pavin carve hybrids all over the course with basically a chip-shot full swing motion. He sees lines that don't exist.

I noticed during the Canadian Open that most of the field (including a number of guys who have never won anything) routinely carried the bunker on 18 that produced one of the defining shots of the career of Tiger Woods. Several guys drove it all the way through the fairway and had sand wedge into a par 5. super exciting.

I guess to each his own.

I personally enjoyed watching Pavin carve hybrids all over the course with basically a chip-shot full swing motion. He sees lines that don't exist.

I noticed during the Canadian Open that most of the field (including a number of guys who have never won anything) routinely carried the bunker on 18 that produced one of the defining shots of the career of Tiger Woods. Several guys drove it all the way through the fairway and had sand wedge into a par 5. super exciting.

I guess to each his own.

i was really impressed with Corey's showing..

he was carving his way throughout the course with his half swings and controlled shots but showed that he can also hit it far when he reached the 17th with a 3-wood after skying his drive and had 255 yards to the green..

he also has a pretty good short game and if not for the 2 short putts he missed for pars in the closing holes it would have been pretty close at the end..

...and he even had a Taylor-made V-Steel fairway wood in his bag!

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

Im glad to see Corey Pavin do well. its 1993 all over again!

If Langer hangs on thats 10 senior majors wow! Longevity on that tour is super special

This is his 200th champions tour start he has 32 wins / 143 top 10s / 188 top top 25s

ridiculous #s

Shows the lack of depth more than anything. Langer has it on his terms without having to worry about guys like Norman and Faldo beating his a #$. There is more money to be made off course for the really top players these days, and the very generous superannuation scheme set up by the PGA Tour will mean guys with decent careers will be very well compensated in retirement. I don't see guys like Ernie or Phil or Tiger playing the Seniors. The days of top golfers going to the senior tour have passed.

Not really. hes healthy and takes great care of his body. hes beating guys that are hitting it 30-40 yards past him. Fred Couples, Kenny Perry, Tom Lehman, Vijay singh, etc.. like Hale Irwin before him you have to admire and acknowledge his dominance. At least thats how I see it

i first saw bernhard langer in the 1977 World Cup held in my country representing Germany..

except for a slightly longer backswing then his swing hasn't changed much..

he also played in our national opens in 1980 and 1989..

Ken Brown and Seve were also in that 1977 World Cup as teenagers i think..

btw Gary Player won the individual crown that year and Spain won the team with my country 2nd..

Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Cleveland 588 56/60

pity cause it's quite interesting to see all those oldies struggle on what looks like a genuine seaside links course currently being buffeted by strong winds..

When they played the Senior Open Championship @ Porthcawl in 2014 -18 won by 13 shots. They same player may win again (Langer) but not with the same score or margin.

Rules just don't apply to him.

You got that right!!

And the Legend rolls on?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

What does it mean to be the best 50+ golfer, any more than it means to be the best 50+ tennis or soccer player? I don't get it. But if someone is willing to pay them a truck of money well good luck to them.

one if not the only sport that you can be a rookie again at the youthful age of 50. Watched life saving measures being performed on a 64 year old on the tennis court last week.

i'm guessing those who don't like the senior tour are not yet seniors..

in any case for us seniors it is refreshing and inspiring to see what COULD be achieved by those closer to our age as i can no longer relate my game to all those strong young men on the regular tour and really enjoy watching what the best in my age group can do including their WITB..

i must confess that at 71 though my game is closer to the lpga tour nowadays which i also enjoy watching specially their WITB..

when my game was still competitive i specially enjoyed entering tournaments which had age-groupings and have won my share of those including archery tournaments which is my other main sport..

so to each his own...

good too read you were still competitive in your middle age years. I wonder what other things these commenters are gonna be doin when they reach their middle age's. Apparently playing competitive golf ain't one of em'.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

The seniors have never garnered must interest for me. Not saying these guys can't play, because they can, but I saw them the first time around. I suppose that the Senior Majors are legitimate (for senior), but it makes the hair on my neck stand up when they announced them as Majors.

This last tournament bored me so much I switched channels to watch "Korean Karaoke".

No, I don't speak Korean.

Missed opportunity here. All we get is zip on discussion and close ups of the putter head.

I noticed that too. I didn't watch every single minute of coverage but over the course of the tournament I must have seen Langer hit 2 dozen putts and the camera shot each time only showed the putter head. When it was Pavin for example, you saw the full motion. Very odd.

Missed opportunity here. All we get is zip on discussion and close ups of the putter head.

I noticed that too. I didn't watch every single minute of coverage but over the course of the tournament I must have seen Langer hit 2 dozen putts and the camera shot each time only showed the putter head. When it was Pavin for example, you saw the full motion. Very odd.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Tour requested the network focus on Langer's putter head and avoid his hand placement to avoid a bunch of people calling in suggesting Langer is a cheater.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Doing fine for old crippled b''tard . Had a couple of nice wins, winning both our provincial amateur and mid amateur. Used a cart , that made a big difference. Decided to go to nationals next month but Ill walk and that never goes that well. Trying to loose a few lb's to take some weight off the bad hip. Watching the senior in that weather is right up my alley, Im not a hot weather guy. More important how are you doing,

my goal is heal from surgery in jan and go and try to qualify next yr, long way away, Love those conditions

Hey Bro, I was just coming in to ask how the hell you are doing!!

Thoughts Prayers & God Speed for a complete recovery and gettin back on the course

My Best

Richard

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I wouldn't be shocked if the Tour requested the network focus on Langer's putter head and avoid his hand placement to avoid a bunch of people calling in suggesting Langer is a cheater.

I'm sure they've already blocked you.

I'm sure they've already blocked you.

Nah, I'm not the type to call in, I just don't watch when he or the other anchored putter guys are winning.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

2 things in golf are almost a given, one is you will grow old and then see how hard the game gets, and if you putt enough at some point you will have some type of yips and then see what you will try. Langer is no doubt boring but at 59 he walks the course every day, stays in great shape and has the passion of a 20yr old.

When I watch the tour now and a guy makes an eagle and still has a snarl on his face drives me nuts, these expressionless robots have great games but are missing something like Seve's charisma , Or Miller's confidence or Arnie's army. Maybe that's why I like Spieth , He would make a putt against his mother to win. We all love this game and to play well when your old is a nice thing. And I forgot to add he's brutally slow but go watch college players play unreal how slow they play. College golf is the new breading ground for slow play, coach's should not allowed to help them during the rd.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

another incredible win by Langer. the bet every week this summer has seemingly been him vs the entire field. and he's paying out.

FWIW, the posts about him and the putter, and he's cheating, still anchoring, and when asked about it a liar or whatever. dudes, the stuff getting throw out here about him is pretty gnarly. the guys he's playing against, and beating, are shaking his hand at the end of every round. so if they're comfortable putting a peg in the ground with him than he ain't breaking any rules IMO.