Bobby Grace Putters

Posted 21 minutes ago

I happened to be in Highlands NC this week staying at the Old Edwards Inn, and as I was driving there, I saw a sign that said something akin to "Bobby Grace Putter Fitting Studio". I wasn't sure I read it correctly, as it was evening. I looked Bobby Grace up when I got to the Inn and confirmed that he had a putter fitting studio there, about a mile from the Inn. I called the number on the website, and ended up talking to Bobby on the phone. I asked if he had any availability for a fitting, and although the times he suggested didn't work for me, he created a slot for me at 7 am on the morning I was leaving. It was a great experience talking to him about putter making, and his history in the industry, and I rolled several putters on a "roll board" (think that is what it was called, and saw that I was rolling putts better with his True Roll insert than I did with my current gamer. He fit me into a Switch Hitter CG model (custom made it for me on the spot), and I left as a proud owner of a new putter. It was a really enjoyable experience, and he was great to talk to and hang out with. I ended up spending about an hour and fifteen minutes with him, about half of it just talking about the industry and half of it rolling different putters. He seems like one of the really good guys in golf and if you ever have a chance to see him at an event, or end up in western North Carolina, I highly recommend the putter fitting experience. And, also as an aside, the Old Edwards Inn is unbelievably nice and the golf course there is spectacular!

Ping G400 LST Driver
TEE EXS 220 3 Wood, 2H
Taylormade P790 4-AW
Cleveland RTX4 54, 60
Seemore Mini Giant Deep Flange

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Grace MacGregor Captiva from 2008 is the best putter...sorry two putters I have gamed. Sold one, regretted it immediately and managed to get hold of a brand new one last year. Distance Control Technology insert is the real deal. Bobby seems like one of the good guys...thanks for sharing your story.

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff
Wilson Staff PMP wedges 50/54/58 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Radius Classic 8

... What a great story! I played a Bobby Grace 6330 for quite a few years and loved his True Roll insert. But mine was stolen last June vacationing in LA and since he didn't make them anymore I scoured Ebay every day with zero luck. One day late last fall Bobby had a used one on his website and I immediately bought it. A few days later he called to tell me it was already sold to the Head Pro at Medinah. I was a little suspect since it was two days after I bought it and I was very disappointed. Then about a month later he called to tell me it was available again and I bought it while on the phone with him. Very cool of him to follow up like that.

... My son loved the feel of mine so much but not the heel shafted design as he played a Scotty Newport. We found a mint condition BobbyGrace 4 diamond on Ebay and he bought it. He is very happy with his too.

TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Callaway Super Hybrid 17*  ... Diamana Limited 65R

TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
4-Wedge Cobra King MIM Tour ... Nippon 950GH
Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950GH
Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950GH
Cleveland Huntington 11S ... 33.5"

I never used them but my golfing buddy played the Amazing Grace putter for years. He never should have sold it.

Old stuff:
1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
New stuff
Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa

Check out the Bobby Grace 18 Blade. Fat blade/half-moon with the HSM insert, slight toe hang for my slight arc backswing/straight-through stroke.

I have one and it is a beautiful putter and easy to aim. Took it on a trip to Ireland a few years ago and had one of my best putting weeks ever. No skidding, just a nice balance thaf puts a great roll on the ball. I had mine slightly adjusted to 1 degree of loft (an Edel fitting put me at 1 degree and it has worked great.)

He is a top-notch guy and Bobby Grace putters are excellent quality.

Check out the Bobby Grace 18 Blade. Fat blade/half-moon with the HSM insert, slight toe hang for my slight arc backswing/straight-through stroke.

I have one and it is a beautiful putter and easy to aim. Took it on a trip to Ireland a few years ago and had one of my best putting weeks ever. No skidding, just a nice balance thaf puts a great roll on the ball. I had mine slightly adjusted to 1 degree of loft (an Edel fitting put me at 1 degree and it has worked great.)

The 18 blade was my first BG as well. Great putter.

picked up my first BG putter this year, his Lets Face It model. I have gamed it all year, great feel and an interesting putter in that can b it can be used both face on as well as from the side.

Cobra Speedzone Driver

Tour Edge CBX 3W 15 deg
Wishon 929 4W 17 deg

Wishon 775 Hybrid 21
SL Cobra Forged Tec Black 5-GW
Maltby 51 57 Tour Grind Wedges
L.A.B Blad Putter
Titleist ProV1 Yellow

I have a bobby grace switch hitter, the one made for the navy seals, I had a question 3 weeks ago and he answered, H makes great stuff.

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I had one and it put the best roll on the ball of any putter I have played. The HSM insert was just to soft for me, I think he makes a harder one out of metal, but got offered a great price for it and sold it. I always keep an eye out for another one.

Cobra Fly Z, Fubuki
Cobra Fly Z 3 wood
18 Cobra DWS
PING Rapture Hy 21
PING G series 5-pw
PING Glide 56
Odyssey Milled #9