APPLY: The TaylorMade Forged Experience! August 29-31. 6 Members Wanted! Apply here!

Handicap: 1.1

Current Set: Bridgestone J15 cb with Dynamic Golf TI X100

Fit by Sellingers Power Golf in Dallas

I've had Taylor Made irons in and out of my bag for years. Always love the shape, but I haven't found their forging to have the same soft feel as their competitors. I love to see if that has changed with the new irons.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​Current USGA handicap - 6.0

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Callaway Prototype MB Rifle 6.0 satin

Were you fit for your current irons? Nope

If so, where / when?

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

Alway a fan of TaylorMade equipment. Love the look of the new irons and hell, I am pretty cool guy.

Current USGA handicap: 18

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Ping I20 w/ KBS Tour stiff shafts, black dot

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I did not get fitted

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I am in the market for a new set of irons and would love to get fit at the same location that fits some of the best players on tour. I would love the experience of hitting a true forged feel.

Current USGA handicap - 9.8

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Titleist 716 CB w/ Project X LZ 6.5

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Titleist Thursday in Columbus, OH

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I think it would be amazing to be fit in a state of the art facility like The Kingdom. Not only that, but I've been a long time Titleist player, but the new line of irons from Taylormade has me very intrigued.

Titleist TSr3 9* / Ventus Blue TR 6X
Titleist TSr2 16.5* / Ventus Blue TR 8X
Titleist TSr2 21* / Ventus Red TR 8X
Titliest T200 4 / KBS Tour X

Titleist T100 5-9 / KBS Tour X
Titleist Vokey SM8 48*F / DG TI X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 52*F / DG TI X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 56*S / DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K(Low Bounce) / DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Current USGA handicap: 9.0

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Bridgestone J40DPC with Project X 6.0 graphite +2-inches (more below)

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: 2014 - I fit myself, I've been an amateur club builder for more than 20 years.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: 1) I am a challenge to fit. I'm extremely tall and strong which is one of the reasons I learned to fit myself and build my own clubs. It would be nice to see what a professional fitter at TaylorMade could do! 2) Forgery...I learned to play with forged irons and currently play forged. The P-series sound perfect opportunity to continue my life of forgery. 3) As a Male Model I'll make everything look better in Carlsbad if I'm selected.

As part of my real job I write almost all day. I've written a few reviews here on GolfWRX and I will do a good job. Some people say I "write funny," some say I just smell that way. Thanks for the opportunity.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 2.0
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - PING IE-1 4-GW Red Dot w/Recoil 110F4
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I switched to graphite iron shafts about 2.5 years ago after dealing with a few injuries. I continue to need the vibration dampening they provide, but have never been properly fit for a set of irons with graphite shafts. The chance to do so at The Kingdom would just be a phenomenal opportunity, especially to be able to share it with this community.

1. Current USGA handicap - 16

2. What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist 716 Ap1 Smoke (5-Gw) with True Temper XP 115 stiff (right handed, tour velvet mid grips, stock l, l, l).

3. Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I was not fit professionally, but did stay at a Holiday Inn & then fit myself at a Golf Galaxy ;)

4. State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf? I would love to have the opportunity to be fit professionally by some of the best in the business. I've never had the chance to be fit by a professional and living in rural Kentucky there's just not that many places remotely close. I think being fit would take my game to the next level. Also would love to get back in the forged game with some new irons.

Thank you Wrx & Taylormade for this opportunity!

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Handicap: 0.1

Current Irons: TaylorMade RSI TP 4-PW, 2* Flat w/ Dynamic Gold X100

Fitting: Was fit at 2nd Swing Tour Van in Minneapolis

Why: I think it would be an awesome experience for a player that really wants to have the best equipment for their specific swing. Also it would be great to do a fitting outside as we don't have that option up here in MN. Every time I do a fitting I am hitting into a screen and it would just be nice to do an ultimate fitting with the best fitters out there and actually be able to see the ball flight and put numbers to those specific shots. Thanks for the opportunity.

​Current USGA handicap - 9.7

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)--Mizuno MP 62, KBS Stiff

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?-- I wasn't fit for these. Bought them second hand and tweaked lofts and lies.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. -- I've never had the opportunity to do an actual professional fitting. I understand the merits of it and wholeheartedly believe that it would pay huge dividends for my game, but as a younger person, with mountains of school debt, it has been hard to justify. Further, the kingdom is undoubtedly the pinnacle of professional fittings. This would be a dream come true.

• Current USGA handicap - 7.2
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - TM RSI TP with KBS Tour stiff
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - I was not fit for these irons
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I would love to see how any new irons would compare to my current set, and would love the opportunity to tour TM and see behind the scenes and meet the people driving the innovation.

Titleist TSR3 9* Diamana ZF 60s
Titleist TSR3 15* Kai'li 70s

TM SIM2 Ti 19* Kai'li 70s

Titleist TSR3 24* Atmos Blue 8s
Srixon ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX6 46,50,54,58 
Betti BB46 or QB6 or Betti BB Proto

• ​Current USGA handicap - 2.9
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3-PW with Project X LZ 6.5 125g
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. A tour level fitting would be a dream for any golfer, myself included. To be able to take out any uncertainty relating to equipment and be confident that I am playing the absolute best clubs for my game is what all golfers are looking for. I have been playing TaylorMade woods for a little while now, but have never played their irons. The new line looks VERY good and I would love the opportunity to have a set fit for my game.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

• ​Current USGA handicap 7
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Nike Vapor Fly Pros True Temper S300
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - My golf store currently is a taylormade dealer id love the opportunity to go out and see how its done.

• ​Current USGA handicap 6.0
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) PING s56 s300
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No, never been fitted
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I have never been fitted properly for anything other than trying different stuff at a box store or matted range. It would be really cool to see the other side of golf

Incredible opportunity offered by TMAG and GolfWRX!!

• ​Current USGA handicap 18.9
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Srixon Combo Set Z565 in 5,6 and 7 irons. Z765 in 8,9 and PW. All with NS Pro Modus3 105 Reglar Flex. 1" long and 2 degrees upright.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Not these particular ones, but were used from a fitting 6 months prior for AP1's.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I have a long and successful history of playing Taylor Made irons (and woods) and the chance to be fit by the experts on their latest equipment is a rare opportunity. An opportunity I'd not only gladly share with the forum and social media, but also on the weekly golf segment I do for a local radio station. Finally, working as tournament director at a golf course, I'd be happy to display the clubs in my office/pro shop for any of our players to see and try out.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Current USGA handicap - 2.1

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons 4-PW, TT XP 95 shafts
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, Callaway Performance Center, Top Golf (Las Vegas)
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf I've been through two fittings in the last 5 years and have had totally different outcomes from them so it would be nice to know if I'm truly fit for the correct clubs. Swing has changed in last 5 years so not confident I'm where I need to be and find the challenge of Taylor Made Golf getting me to where I need to be exciting. Look forward to the awesome trip. THX for the offer !!

​Current USGA handicap- 0.2

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)- 3 Titleist TMB w/ Recoil 125X proto, 4 Titleist TMB w/ 125X Modus, 5-PW Srixon 765 Nippon Modus 125X, 50,54,58 Titleist Vokey SM6 w/ Nippon 125X. GP tour velvet grips w/ +1 wrap. Black Spider Tour Putter. Play TP5X ball!

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?- Not really, I kinda fit myself on Trackman :)

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf- I have always wanted to experience how the pros get fit! And how fitters fit the player with every option out there. I think TM has come a long way. I love the M2 woods but would love to see if the TMs can kick my current irons out of the bag!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

• Current USGA handicap 2.4
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Callaway Apex Pro 6.5 Project X Steel Shaft
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Club Champion, St Louis, Mo Sept 2016
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf . I have always liked Taylormade products and they where the first set that I purchased new back in 1989, the Taylormade Tour Preferred 2-PW. When I got fit, I tried the Taylormade irons, but they didnt fit my eye. The new products look great and I am very excited to try them out. This is a awesome opportunity and it is great that Taylormade is teaming up with GolfWRX to offer this to its membership. Keep up the good work Taylormade and GolfWRX!

Current USGA handicap: 5.6

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Cobra Amp Forged - KBS Tour Stiff

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I was not

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I have been a long time fan of TaylorMade equipment. I fell in love when I first hit the R7 SuperQuad TP, went to the R1, now have the M1. I believe in the company. I also have never had the luxury of a custom fit set of irons, and would love the opportunity to see how it can improve my game. I love the game, and as a new father of a 3 year old and 5 month old, I can't wait to share the love of the game with my kids.

• Current USGA handicap : 10
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Titleist AP2 712 - KBS C-taper lite X
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, Titleist fitter in Atlanta, GA (River Pines Golf) in March 2017.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: Based on the incredible results that :smilie_tm:TM woods have in the market, the new forged irons look to have the base for incredible performance. I have been a long time Titleist believer but this experience will for make me a TM believer. I'm also very very interested on learning about all the incredible technology and design that's done by TM and be able to share these with my fellow Golf Geeks.

• Current USGA handicap = 6.2

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)

Callaway Apex Pros (2014) with Nippon GH1150 tour stiff flex soft stepped 1 (5-PW)

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

Yes I was fit for them originally at my golf club (Dupont Country Club) and then had them re-evaluated 2 years ago at Club Champion - Philadelphia where we put in the new shaft y

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

I'm looking to be surprised. I love my current Apex irons from callaway, and to be honest in a lot of ways I'm the biggest Taylormade golf skeptic. From marketing to some product design. I don't like the M series drivers for example. can't get past the sound. I'm hoping to have my mind changed about their product quality in the irons. I like the shape of a forged players iron, but I'm not a bomber who hits the ball 180 with a 7 iron. So i'd like the chance to see their technology, process, and theory of club making firsthand to change my opinion of the brand and product.

• Current USGA handicap (+0.5)
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Taylormade PSi Tour - Nippon Modus 130 S (+0.5", 1* up)
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Originally when I bought them I had not been fitted and had project x 6.5 shafts. I was fit for my current shafts as a perk of my job at the time by the guys at True Spec golf in Bonita Springs, FL in November of 2016.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - Since I began playing golf in 2011 I have always been a fan of Taylormade equipment. I've converted to just about every piece of equipment they make including the golf ball. I started golfing and had trouble breaking 90 when I was 16. Now at the age of 22 my lowest round is an 8-under 64. I feel that Taylormade equipment will continue to allow me to reach my goal of turning professional and competing at the highest level. The P iron series has been intriguing since I first learned of them as I had the 2014 MC irons then the PSi tour irons. I feel that returning to more traditional irons would be a positive for my game. I am curious to see the difference in performance and consistency without the face slots and speed slots. I create plenty of speed and get plenty of distance as it is, I'm seeking better shot shaping performance as well as distance control. Getting fitted at the Kingdom would be a dream come true for me because going through the same process many current touring professionals already have would give me more confidence to perform my best in tournament golf. I also have sometimes wondered what it'd be like to work for Taylormade, and feel I have something to offer with my creativity, golf skills, and passion for the game. Maybe this could also open a door I never thought possible. I would be ABSOLUTELY thrilled. It would be fun being able to write about and share this experience live for the people who don't win because they will be able to feel like they are there too.

• Current USGA Handicap: 14.9
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Titleist 716 AP2 (4-PW) (2* up), KBS Tour S shafts
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Yes, fit at an Ohio club by the head pro in Summer 2016
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - After going through a comprehensive driver/woods fitting this summer with TrueSpec, utilizing Trackman, I've begun doubting the quality of the iron fitting I had for my current set, which was conducted in a more traditional way. I've become fairly passionate about club fitting over the past few years, and everything about this experience would be a dream: getting to go to The Kingdom, experiencing a tour-level fitting facility and a tour-level fitting, learning more about the equipment and the rationale of the fitting, and getting to play golf! To top it all off, I love the aesthetics of the Taylormade 700 line.

-Current USGA handicap:7.4

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): titleist sm6 wedges 58, 54, 50 / PXG 0311T w-7i / PXG ) 0311 5&6i KBSc taper lites

-Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: yes. I was fit at cool clubs 2016

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: When I was fit the experience was not that great. The Irons where limited to a 5Iron only and with very little feed back. It came down to hit three balls switch head, hit three balls switch head, ect. that was it they then gave me a print out of data and suggestions of what i should buy. Two months later I changed shafts in my clubs as the suggested shafts played poorly for me. The fitting was not a good experience and going to Taylor Made I would expect a better experience and a more comprehensive fitting that my golf game would benefit from. And my faith in the fitting process could be restored. I would also like the opportunity to have more feedback and comprehension of how the fitting and the clubs and components work together.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 4
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Ping S55 - KBS Tour 130X
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Fit for Loft/Lie at Edwin Watts
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - Would be a life changing experience to be treated like a touring pro for a day on top of being fit through the bag with the best equipment on the market.

• ​Current USGA handicap 2.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist 714 AP2s..s300 shafts 2* flat from std
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No, I have never been fit for clubs other than just simple irons loft lie adjustments years after purchasing.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf- I think it would be a ton of fun to see a tour facility/fitting center, and get fit for the first time. Also I'm 32 years old and have a 1 year old, so the likelihood ill get any new clubs anytime in the foreseeable future is slim to none.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 2.9
  • I currently play Golfworks Maltby DBM Forged Irons with True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100s
  • I was fit 5 plus years ago by a local fitter just outside of Columbus, Ohio. It wasn't that great of an experience. With Trackman becoming the source of truth over the past few years, it would most likely be more beneficial if i was fitted again. I was fitted for +1/2 in and 2 degrees upright
  • I have heard nothing but good things from Taylormade fitting studios. I have a few friends who are currently young professional golfers (trying to make it) who have had great experiences being fitted through Taylormade. I have never been put on Trackman or believe i have been properly fitted. I believe winning this Taylormade experience would overwhelmingly improve my game.

TaylorMade Golf launched the P750 and P770 forged Irons earlier this year and our GolfWRX team spotted P790 long irons being tested on Tour recently, as well as DJ teasing us with some new P730 forged irons. Could these last two models round out the 2017 TaylorMade P700 forged Iron family?

TaylorMade wants to invite 6 GolfWRX forum members for an all-inclusive trip to The Kingdom in California to participate in the TaylorMade Forged Experience. Want to attend? Read how to apply below.

WHAT IS INCLUDED

• Dates: August 29, 30 & 31.
  • All-expenses paid trip to The Kingdom, TaylorMade Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA
  • TaylorMade Forged Iron fitting at The Kingdom, TaylorMade’s exclusive on-site fitting facility.
  • In-depth product discussion with TaylorMade marketing and R&D staff
  • Golf outing with TaylorMade and GolfWRX teams in Carlsbad area
  • Of course, a few surprises along the way!

Complete details and how to enter below.

THE EVENT:

From August 29-31, TaylorMade invites 6 members of the GolfWRX community on an exclusive, all access trip to global headquarters in Carlsbad, California.

On this trip you'll test new and prototype product, experience an iron fitting with the club specialists that fit TaylorMade's Tour Pros, participate in an R&D discussion, play golf with TaylorMade’s marketing team and be immersed in how and why TaylorMade has become the #1 club manufacturer in golf.

DATES: August 29, 30 & 31, 2017

PARTICIPANTS: 6 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:

• A GolfWRX member in good standing from the US
  • Ready and willing to post reviews / updates from your experience
  • In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current USGA handicap
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)
    • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

Note: you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as well.

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED: GolfWRX will evaluate the posts of applicants submitted by the deadline of EOD August 15, 2017. Invitations are sent via GolfWRX message system. If any participant does not confirm within 12 hours of being notified, they will be replaced.

• Mizuno MP-H4 with Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S-400 AMT
  • Yes at Urban Golf Performance in Los Angeles

I have been a loyal member of GWrx for 12 years and it has been a dream of mine to have this experience. I also feel as far as documenting the experience I have a unique voice and way of showing exactly what our members would want to see. I take my work for GolfWrx very seriously and would love to use my skills to share this experience with the members.

Ill probably get pounded in the forums for being so preachy but what can I say, im dying to go.