APPLY: The TaylorMade Forged Experience! August 29-31. 6 Members Wanted! Apply here!

-Handicap - 5.4

-Current irons - TaylorMade PSI Tour 3-PW, DG S300

-Was not fit for them.

-Big fan of Taylormade and the equipment they make. In my opinion, it's the best in the business. Have never had a true fitting for a set of irons and would love this opportunity to do so! Thanks TaylorMade!

TaylorMade 2016 M2 9.5*
TaylorMade 2017 M1 15*
TaylorMade M2 Tour 3
TaylorMade PSI Tour 4-PW
TaylorMade EF 54 & 58 ATV
Putter

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​Current USGA handicap: 13

Current irons and shafts: Ping i25 w/ Dynamic Gold S300 - standard length - standard lie - midsize Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip.

Were you fit for your current irons? No

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I've been considering getting fit for my clubs but I'm on the fence, as I'm not quite sure I'm good enough to be fitted yet. I believe this opportunity will allow me to possibly reach my full potential with my iron play, while being fit by the same professionals that work with the Tour players.

• ​Current USGA handicap----8.3
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) TM 2 UDI c-taper stiff, TM 3 UDI s300 sensicore stiff
  • Wilson Fg Tour M3 4-pw Rip Phenom graphite stiff
  • Cleveland RTX CB 2.0 52 54 58

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I've never been officially fit for clubs other than comparing a couple different clubs on a sim.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: The more I read the more I feel I am leaving something on the table by not being fit for clubs. I gamed a set of taylormade tp cb irons for years until they needed to be replaced. Unfortunately i was unable to find a TM replacement that i liked (although I almost pulled the trigger on the RSi2) at the time and the Wilsons (got a deal from a friend) are kind of a stop gap until my next set. The new line of TM irons seem to be getting alot of praise and will definitely be getting demoed in the off season. Lets be honest. "The Kingdom" Should be a dream destination for any golfer, myself included.

Thank You for the consideration

• ​Current USGA handicap *10.4 index
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) *Cobra AMP Forged
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? *Yes, PGA Superstore 2 years ago
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf *itching for new clubs. Love the look of the new TM forged. Professional fitting would be a huge benefit!!!
  • Thanks for the opportunity to participate

Wow, this would be such an incredible experience! I love reading and writing reviews, and would have no problem engaging in the discussion.

• Current USGA Handicap: +4 (2279571)
  • Current Irons: In process of switching from Miura Baby Blades 3-PW w/ C-Taper 130X to Ping i200 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
  • Were you Fit?: No, I've been playing since I was 3 years old, and am self-taught and self fit through a lot of trial and error and feel
  • Why do you want to attend?: This would be an absolutely incredible opportunity to meet a lot of the hardworking folks behind our favorite Tour players. To experience what TM has in store for us consumers would be fantastic as well. Additionally, being self-taught and self-fit, it would be so fun to experience a Tour level fitting to see how good I am at fitting myself, or how way off base I've been. Also, I've come to love the Taylormade brand over the year, and am really excited at the direction they're taking their clubs. Golf is my absolute passion, it's really all I think about all day long, and to have the opportunity to be on a trip like this and share it with fellow GolfWRX'ers would truly be something else!

Good luck everyone!

• ​Current USGA handicap - 9.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Callaway Apex Pro '14. KBS C-Taper S
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Yes. Golfsmith in 2014
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - A couple of reasons: First, I'm the equipment geek amongst my buddies and I often find myself helping them navigate all the latest gear. Two, I'm believe competition in business to good - I want to see a healthy thriving TM. Beyond the woods, I don't hear many people talking about their irons - for any reason. I'd like to see, feel and play the product to better understand their mission.

I currently am a 4.8 handicap index which comes out to a 6. I use Taylor Made irons which are the Rocketbladez Tours. I use the TP 90 graphite shafts. I was not fitted for them originally. I love Taylor Made products and have used them since 1979. I buy a new TM driver every year!! My entire bag is full of their clubs!! To be fitted at the Kingdom would be a dream come true. it is on my bucket list, in fact!!

• ​Current USGA handicap:

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific):

Mizuno MP 52 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

I haven't ever been fit, all clubs are stock.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

I feel I would be an ideal candidate for the opportunity to be fit at Taylormade for three reasons
  1. I have some ability, but haven't ever been provided to opportunity to take advantage of a fitting experience. I play stock clubs across the board and could significantly benefit from a custom fit.
  2. Being at the younger end of the age spectrum (24), I may be able to provide some unique and uninhibited perspective on the experience and the results.
  3. I've recently relocated from Michigan to Colorado. The significant elevation change has had a measurable impact on my game creating an ideal opportunity to reevaluate my bag.

• Current USGA handicap- 13.5
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist 716 T-MB 3-PW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 X shafts
    • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes and no. I was fit at David Ayres' Lowcountry Custom Golf in the fall of 2016. The fitting was not for head preference but shaft. I was actually fit to the Tour 120 S shaft, but I kept the X shaft since I found them in the T-MB 3-PW.
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. Need to have equipment that gives me the best opportunity to succeed. I've always played TM woods. I still currently use a V-Steel tour spoon 3 wood and an R580xd TP driver (it's got a HZRDUS T1100 shaft in it). TM was my first set of clubs as a junior. Burner junior set. Would love to play TM irons again, just haven't been inclined to try their irons. Forged irons always catch my attention as I've played Mizuno, Nike Split Cavity Prototype, PXG, KZG, and Titleist. Would love to see a set of TM forged irons stay in my bag as long as my woods.

Note: you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as welI

I would have no problem contributing to the thread on Golfwrx.... I would love to post more here....Primary reason I do more lurking than posting is because most of the questions I have (and answers) are already being discussed. If I was providing new information (like in this case) I'd have no problem posting hourly, by-the-minute, and daily updates and responses to the thread

​Current USGA handicap 7.5

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) 716 Ap2/ s400 AMT
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Kinda - I mean I'm a member of golfwrx - everything you need to know is here
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf A full true fitting would completely take the argument of is it "the arrow or the Indian". If I knew that everything is exactly meant for me and my swing - I could be even more confident to stop thinking (and chasing yards) and just play golf.

Bridgestone J15MB- Nippon Modus3 120 S

I was not fit for my current set, though I've had several nominal "fittings".

I've never owned any Taylormade irons and I'd like to give them a go. I really like the look of the new products; both the prototype blades and the P lines. I could go either way. I could really benefit from a bona fide fitting since I'm 62 and, though in good shape, my swing is slowing down. I'm happy to write until the audience is tired of listening...and then some.

Current USGA handicap: 13

Current irons and shafts: Ping i25 w/ Dynamic Gold S300 - standard length - standard lie - midsize Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip.

Were you fit for your current irons? No

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I've been considering getting fit for my clubs but I'm on the fence, as I'm not quite sure I'm good enough to be fitted yet. I believe this opportunity will allow me to possibly reach my full potential with my iron play, while being fit by the same professionals that work with the Tour players.

• 712 AP2 S300
  • Nope
  • I really like TM products in general - I have played TM balls since Lethal - I have played TM woods for my last 4 upgrades - I tend to get new woods (Driver and 3) every two seasons. Working with my club on the wood/shaft combos I have picked up a ton of distance and accuracy - Hoping a proper iron fitting could lead to this too, especially accuracy and a lower ball flight. I have plenty of distance throughout the bag, but lack accuracy, and playing in Oklahoma, struggle keeping the ball down when we have our windy conditions. I have just begun poking around to look for new irons, when I saw the first promo videos of the P770/P750 and process of forging and machining the irons I was intrigued simply bc its TM and I own companies that are similar to what you all do with your irons, my parts are just much bigger.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 18.1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Ping i200, Nippon Modus 105 S, black dot
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, March 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - recently switched to TM woods and the TP ball and have noticed significant performance increases in the past month. Have always been pretty brand neutral and will play whatever works but seems like TM is really starting to gain more spots in my bag.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 6.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Mizuno 900 Tours, 3° flat with Nippon 125X shafts(built them myself)
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Was not fit, but demo'd the irons at Golf Town and went with a set of irons that were similar to my old irons(MP-53)
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - Since I was not fit professionally, and purchased something that I thought would be a good fit, I'm very eager to see if I'm leaving some stuff on the table. I've been fit for my driver, wedges and putter before but never my irons. Being from Canada means that there isn't as many opportunities to be fit outside, in the winter when I do most of my golf equipment shopping. I believe my iron play is the strongest aspect of my game, and rely on it to make up for bad driving and shaky putting.

Titleist TSR3 8° Tensei Pro Orange 1K 60TX
Taylormade SIM Ti 5W 19° Tensei Pro White 70 TX
Taylormade SIM Tour Issue 19° 5W Diamana BF 80 TX
Mizuno JPX 921 Tours w/ Mitsubishi MMT TX125
Taylormade MG3 50.9/56.12 (TW)/60.11 (TW) w/ Mitsubishi MMT S125

Scotty Cameron Craftsman Squareback Proto 33.5"

Handicap: 4.7

Currrnt irons: Callaway 2015 Apex 5-PW KBS Tour 90 stiff 2up/+1/2"

Was I fit for my irons: yes I fit my self as I used to run golf shops for 12yrs, Don Sherwood Golf & Tennis, SF

Why: Would love to do a "Professional" fitting with the latest technology as my fittings were a simpler, less precise system, especially with all the options these days. Love to talk shop about design, weighting & shafts. Love the new Irons and they are on my short list for my new set as I'm looking for more of a players club now that my index has dropped!

"Why am I using a new putter? The last one didn't float!" Craig Stadler

• Current USGA handicap 5.3
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) 2011 TaylorMade MC's 4-PW Dynamic Gold S300 2* upright, half inch long
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, TaylorMade Demo Day in 2012
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: Huge TaylorMade golf fan, interested in new P700 series line, and would like to be more knowledgeable about their line of products.

Driver Srixon ZX7 10.5* Tensai Blue 44.5 inches
3W: ZX Fairway 15* Rogue 70s
Hybrids: ZX Hybrid 3/4 Smoke Black 6.0 
Irons: ZX5 4 iron, ZX7 5-PW, Modus 120 2* upright, + 1/2 inch S300
Wedges: 52* RTX ZipCore RAW, RTX Full Face Black Tour Satin 58* DG Spinner Wedge Flex
Putter: FrontLine Elevado 35 inches

Count me in the new irons look slick.

Current hcp : +1.9

Taylormade UDI 2 iron UST Proforce VC

Srixon 745's 4-pw Nippon Modus Tour 120TX 3/4" over standard

Fit for them at Club Champion

Love to check out TM's setup and get dialed into the new irons. Been playing TM irons off and on for a long time and would love to find something to fits me better then what i'm playing. The new UDI looks sick btw so that would be a nice upgrade :D Working the thread with pics ect.. is no prob.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• ​My current index is 20
  • I'm playing Mizuno MP60 (3i-PW) with Project X 5.0
  • I was fit for my previous set about 10 years ago (Titleist 822) and had these bent to match those specs when I purchased them.
  • I've never played much TM equipment outside of driver and fairway woods. Once I hit my first forged iron shot pure, I never could go back to a cast club with a thick topline. I'm really excited to see some new offerings and would love a chance to compare these against my opinions of Mizuno forged irons.

• Current USGA handicap- 8.7
  • What are your current irons and shafts? Wishon 560MC with KBS ctaper lite shafts
  • Were you fit for your current irons? No, built them myself
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Taylormade Golf. My basement looks like a golf fitting studio gone mad, multiple shafts and clubs strewn everywhere in an attempt to find the right mix for my game. Unfortunately, I have not been fit for clubs by someone with experience and equipment to confirm the choices...usually fitting is a few minutes at our club during demo day, with limited options. Would love the expertise of the TM tour fitters and love the look of the new irons

• Current USGA handicap +1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Callaway Apex Pro 16 w/ Steelfiber 110 Stiff Flex
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Never been professionally fit
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf Being professionally fit from one of the top golf manufacturers would benefit my game immensely since I have never been professionally fit. It would also eliminate all doubts in my head that my iron specs are right or wrong. Then there is the additional benefit of getting fit for a forged iron head. I have played forged irons most of my life and very curious to see how the new Taylor Made forged irons compare to the forged irons of the past.
  • Thanks for the opportunity

• ​Current USGA handicap - 7.9

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - TaylorMade PSi 1 forged with KBS Tour, regular flex

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - No, never been to a true fitting for any of my clubs

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade - As I am approaching retirement, I will be able to play more golf and it would increase my enjoyment to play with properly fitted irons. Nothing is better than a pure iron shot sailing at your target!

• Current USGA handicap - 8
  • What are your current irons and shafts - Ping I25 KBS Tour-V Stiff Flex
  • Were you fit for your current irons? Yes. Golf USA - Coralville, Iowa
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

This would be a great opportunity to not only learn about how TaylorMade makes and fits clubs for each user, but they could show how their clubs compare to another manufacturer for someone who has been fitted.

Been very comfortable with social media, I would take advantage of this amazing experience to promote GolfWrx, Taylormade and our passion for the game of golf.

I'm in

• ​Current USGA handicap
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)
  • Srixon Z745 w/Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts
  • No I was not. Had the opportunity to buy these like new (used) and after hitting them it was a no brainer.
  • I have only been fitted for one club in my life and that was my recent driver fitting. Added 20 yards to my drive. To be fitted by the same guys who fit the pros would be tremendous. I'd like to know if I am limiting my game potential with my equipment.

TaylorMade Golf launched the P750 and P770 forged Irons earlier this year and our GolfWRX team spotted P790 long irons being tested on Tour recently, as well as DJ teasing us with some new P730 forged irons. Could these last two models round out the 2017 TaylorMade P700 forged Iron family?

TaylorMade wants to invite 6 GolfWRX forum members for an all-inclusive trip to The Kingdom in California to participate in the TaylorMade Forged Experience. Want to attend? Read how to apply below.

WHAT IS INCLUDED

• Dates: August 29, 30 & 31.
  • All-expenses paid trip to The Kingdom, TaylorMade Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA
  • TaylorMade Forged Iron fitting at The Kingdom, TaylorMade’s exclusive on-site fitting facility.
  • In-depth product discussion with TaylorMade marketing and R&D staff
  • Golf outing with TaylorMade and GolfWRX teams in Carlsbad area
  • Of course, a few surprises along the way!

Complete details and how to enter below.

THE EVENT:

From August 29-31, TaylorMade invites 6 members of the GolfWRX community on an exclusive, all access trip to global headquarters in Carlsbad, California.

On this trip you'll test new and prototype product, experience an iron fitting with the club specialists that fit TaylorMade's Tour Pros, participate in an R&D discussion, play golf with TaylorMade’s marketing team and be immersed in how and why TaylorMade has become the #1 club manufacturer in golf.

DATES: August 29, 30 & 31, 2017

PARTICIPANTS: 6 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:

• A GolfWRX member in good standing from the US
  • Ready and willing to post reviews / updates from your experience
  • In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current USGA handicap
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)

Note: you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as well.

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED: GolfWRX will evaluate the posts of applicants submitted by the deadline of EOD August 15, 2017. Invitations are sent via GolfWRX message system. If any participant does not confirm within 12 hours of being notified, they will be replaced.

My current USGA handicap is 7

Currently playing Mizuno JPX900 Forged with KBS Tour 120 gram shafts stiff flex soft-stepped

I was fit for my current irons at my country club by the head golf professional using both inside measuring of head and shaft characteristics then at the range to fine tune the selection

This would be the opportunity of a lifetime to have the absolute best available fitting process, equipment and knowledge. I feel it would significantly improve my game.

• ​Current USGA handicap 0.7
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Srixon Z945 4-PW with PX LZ 6.5
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I was fit to the PX shafts with these irons this past March at Custom Clubs of Frederick (MD)
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I would love the chance to be fit under the best systems and experts in the field. I was a Mizuno player for life prior to stumbling on the Srixons on a deal last winter. I always swore I would never switch from Mizunos and yet Srixons stole my heart. Curious if TM's latest offerings could steal my heart from Srixon. I would also love the change to experience the fitting, and detail in writing the whole process for the rest of the community. I believe getting fit is an absolute must if you have any aspirations of getting better. I am sure the pros at TM would cover every aspect of what goes into fitting someone - I am not sure if my experiences cover everything as the appointments try to cover so much in a short time. Curious to see how my current specs would match against what I would be fit for there.

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

• ​Current USGA handicap 4.1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist TM-B 716 3-GW up 2*, Project X 6.5 +1/2", GP MCC mid grips
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Was fit for TM MCs in 2011 at Aviara. Stupidly traded them away. I was working out heavily at the time but have since been taking it easy/lazy. Current clubs have the same specs as 2011 fitting.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf Getting fit in 2011 was an awesome experience and I had a solid set of TM clubs fit for me. Having gotten somewhat out of shape, I wonder if the specs I had then, which I'm using now in my TM-Bs, could be improved upon.

Current USGA handicap: 2.4

Current irons: Ping i200 with Dynamic Gold S300 (+1/2" and yellow dot)

I was fit previously for specs at Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor, MI when purchasing Ping i20s. I have been upgrading every few years using the same specs.

I would love to participate in this exclusive opportunity because I am a golf (and golf equipment junkie)! I now have two young sons who love the game and there enthusiasm for golf has only fueled my passion even more. My oldest just made his Junior High golf team, and both he and his younger brother eat, sleep, and breathe golf! I have always dreamed about working in the golf industry, and more specifically the equipment industry! I would truly relish the opportunity to vist the Taylormade facility and then share my experience with this wonderful community! Thanks! -Korndog

- Current GHIN index .9

- Ping i200 1.5 flat, std. length, Modus 105 X flex shafts, 4 wedges

- Was not fitted, guestimated specs based on experience

- I'm 49, recently retired and won my club championship this year for the first time in 23 years. My daughter is heading off to play D1 college golf in 2 weeks and I'm going to be very sad since her junior golf has been my joy and passion over the past 6 years. I need a diversion to cope with it all and this sounds perfect...lol! ?

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball