2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: The TaylorMade Forged Experience! August 29-31. 6 Members Wanted! Apply here!

• Current USGA handicap 4.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) TaylorMade PSI Tour 3-PW, Project X 6.0
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? PGA Tour Superstore, NJ by TM Rep - March 2016
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf Great learning experience being fit for the first time last year. I want to attend this because its an event the only pros and select few get to experience. I enjoy the level of detail required for a fitting at this level.

Thanks for the opportunity!

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USGA Handicap: +1.7

Current Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 with KBS Tour S shafts, +0.5 inches, standard lie

Was I fit for my set?- I was not fit for my current set, but was for the previous. I just carried over the same specs from my 714's.

Why I would like to attend?- I would love to have a proper full fitting to really see what would heads and shafts would suit my game the best. I would also love to see what Taylormade has up its sleeve with its new products. I also love talking about clubs, and reviewing them. I play very frequently, so I will be able to give full, in depth reviews, and be capable of answering any questions the GolfWRX community might have.

• ​Current USGA handicap

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)

Taylormade Rsi2- 3 iron (19*) in Dynamic Gold S300

Taylormade PSI 4- AW in KBS C-Taper 105 (stiff)

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

I was only fit for lie in my current irons set. I picked the PSI because I needed something forgiving, but wanted the forged feel in the bottom half of the set and forgiveness in the top half. I seem to be hitting my irons longer and higher than the previous sets I have been playing.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

I would love to attend the opportunity because I want to be fitted correctly for a set of irons. All of the irons that I have purchased, I have never actually been fit for a set. Most of it has been trial and error. Mostly more errors than successes.

Fingers crossed! Thanks for the opportunity!

-Adam

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

​-Current USGA handicap: 6

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): 714 AP2 5-9 712U 3-4 1 deg up. Kbs tour s

-Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: yes golf galaxy.

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I would really enjoy a great iron fitting. Would love to try a bunch of shafts. And of course the new iron and long irons.

​Current USGA handicap - 2.2

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific). Currently playing JPX900 Tour w/Nippon Modus 120x D2-D3 SW. Standard L/L/L.

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I was not fit for my current set.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. This would be a dream to participate in this product testing and to be able to take a trip to the Kingdom would blow my mind. I was chosen a few years ago to attend the SLDR fitting and broke my arm so I could not go. This would make up for it bigtime! I would love to go through a proper fitting for these irons. Thanks for the opportunity!

- Nike Pro Combo (circa 2004) KBS Tour Stiff 5-PW, KBS Tour 105 3-4

- No fitting but the set has gone through numerous shaft experiments over the past 14 years

-Even though I enjoy experimenting and building my own clubs I told myself if I could get my handicap under 5 I would get fitted for irons and driver. So far my experiences with being fitted haven't been exactly confidence inspiring, and I'm also having a bit of decision paralysis. So having a chance to do something like be fitted by Taylormade would be perfect to get me into clubs that help me to my next goal, breaking par... Plus as an engineer, I would love to just be able to talk to golf club designers

Current USGA handicap - 12.4

Current irons and shafts - Mizuno MP33, DG S300 shafts

Were you fit for irons - No

Why would you like to attend - I've never been fit for clubs before, and I think a properly fitted set would help my game a ton (as a mid-handicapper who hits plenty of quality shots but struggles with consistency). Plus I'm a golf junkie who would enjoy hitting a bunch of different clubs in search of the right set.

• ​Current USGA handicap - 8.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Callaway Razr X Forged Irons 3-PW Rifle 6.5 Shafts, .5 inch longer 2* upright
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I've gone through fitting experiences but I haven't agreed with any of them, Ive been able to tinker enough to be able to find the set I like, and Im curious to see what the results from the fitting would be and if they would match how I've fit myself up till this point.

Current USGA handicap - 2

Current irons and shafts - titleist ap2 716 c taper stiff shafts

Were you fit for irons - No

Why would you like to attend - I've never had a proper club fitting. I've been a golf junkie since I was a small child getting into the game. Have always tried to fit myself but in the back of my mind have wanted to get varivacation I'm on the right track and who better to give me the experience than Taylormade the ones who fit the best golfers in the world. P.s. have always gamed tm woods; there the best in the business imho.

Current index: 5.9

Irons: Srixon 765 w/ Tour Issue x100s

Fitted: I have only been fitted for loft/lie by a local club pro. I've had trouble finding a place near me that carries a variety of extra stiff irons shafts to allow for a full fitting.

Why would I want to go?: Having never had a full iron fitting, it would be great to know that my irons are the best fit for my swing. I'm hoping this will help eliminate or reduce the "big miss." There is nothing more frustrating to make what feels like a great golf swing, only to look up and see the ball headed towards trouble. In addition, I'm hoping a full fitting would stop the constant searching and experimenting I've done with irons over the last several years. It would be nice to be married to a set of irons instead of speed dating several sets every year. Thank you for the opportunity and fingers crossed!

Epic Flash SZ 9 with HZRDUS Yellow 73g 6.5
Rogue SZ 13.5 with HZRDUS Yellow 83g 6.5
Callaway Apex Pros 16 3-PW with C-Taper 130x
Ping Glide 3 50* 56* 60*
Putter of the day

​Current USGA handicap: +4ish - Currently a mini tour pro

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Mizuno Mp64/MP4 combo, KBS C-Taper X, Standard Loft/Lie/Length

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - No, I honestly did my fitting based on online reviews and based on what I thought I needed, and have played them for 3 years.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I've never had a true in-depth fitting, and would like to see how it can enhance my game. I feel like I could offer a unique perspective at this event, hopefully for the benefit of many of the lower handicaps on this forum

<br />2017 M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black<br />2017 M2 HL HZRDUS Black<br /> 910h Tour AD-DI 85<br />P750 4-PW KBS C-Taper<br />Vokey SM-6<br />Edel E-2 Torque Balance<br />

​-Current USGA handicap: 12.5 trending to an 11.5 after a good 1st half of August.

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): 2010 TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB with the stock True Temper Dynamic Gold XP stiff shafts that I purchased from a fellow WRX back in late 2014. Prior Irons were a used set of R9 irons with stiff stock shafts.

-Were you fit for your current irons? No, never been fit for any club.

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I have always loved TM irons, woods and drivers. I am a bit of a fan boy. In fact I just picked up a set of Burner 2.0 for my 14 year old. I have always wanted to be professionally fitted for clubs but have just never pulled the trigger. To be fitted by the TM professional staff in the Carlsbad facility would truly be a bucket-list opportunity. To say I would be grateful would be a tremendous understatement. As a "continuously improving" player I cannot help but wonder the benefits of being professionally fit for a set of forged irons that just have to play like "butter"!

​- 5.1

- 716 TM-B 3 iron w/ AD DI 95X, 714 CB 4 iron, 714 MB 5-PW (X100)

- Fit by Redtail in Portland, OR in 2014

- I love the feel of the 750s but am also looking to try the 730s. I'm a huge Titleist Fan but switched over to the 2017 M2 9.5 w/ AD TP 6X shaft and am starting to think TM may be the best club maker right now.

• ​Current USGA handicap: 1.9 (0348069)
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Mizuno JPX 900 Tour Irons (4-9) KBS Tour S+ shafts Standard L/L/L
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: I was not fit for these irons, went off of personal preference.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: The primary reason that I would like to go on this trip of a lifetime is the fact that I have never been properly fitted for clubs of any type and it would be very interesting to be a part of the fitting process.

TM Stealth+ 9 (8.25) UST LINQ Purple 6X

TM Stealth+ 5 (17*) Tour AD IZ 7X

TM SIM Max 3 Nippon GOST 90S

TM P7MC 4-6, P7MB 7-P Modus Tour 105S HS

TM MG2 52, 56, 60 Modus Wedge 115

Spider X CS

Current Handicap: 4.9

Current iron: Titleist 716 AP2 with True Temper XP115 X100 shafts

I was not fit for my current set of irons.

I'm currently a sophomore in college playing golf for a small Catholic university in Kentucky. Receiving scholarship money to play golf has been a huge help in paying for my education. I believe that getting fit for irons will definitely help me become a better player. The better I play, the more scholarship money I can receive to help pay for college. This would be an amazing experience and I would be incredibly grateful if chosen.

Current handicap: 0.9

Current Irons: mizuno mph4 3iron, Titleist 712u 4 iron, Titleist 690.cb 4-9 iron. X100 shafts 1 degree upright, standard mizuno/taylormade length.

Fit for current irons?: no

Why do I want to be part of this?: I put my first taylormade club in the bag this year, a m2 3hl, and am absolutely blown away by the performance, technology, quality, and feel. These new taylormade irons look amazing. I am obsessed with golf equipment and have been that way since I was 12 years old. Life with two young boys doesn't really make new custom fit irons a top priority with the current costs of diapers, day care and college savings. This experience would be an absolute dream come true. Thank you for the opportunity and for the day dreams of thinking about this for a few minutes.

Titleist 917 D2 9.5 - Aldila Rogue Max X
TaylorMade '16 M2 3HL - AD DI 8X
Adams Pro black Hybrid 20, Voodoo X
Titleist 718 CB 4-9 DGTI X100 SS 
Cleveland RTX4 Black 46, 50, 54 DGTI S400

Titleist Vokey SM7M Black 59.07 S400
Ping Milled 0

* Staff Fg Tour V4 DG pro S300

* No

* Have never been fit for irons, was a TM iron player for years, going back to the TP7's. My best friend tests TM clubs in Oceanside, he swears by his irons I would love visit the Kingdom and hopefully meet and personally thank Kia Ma too!

He was kind enough to do a bit of work on my tour issue no insert flow neck Daytona when I sent it to him.

Thank you

Handicap: 4

Taylormade Rsi1 Irons Nippon Modus Tour 130 Stiff

Yes, I was fitted at my local golf shop for these irons.

I would like to attend this, as I love Taylormade and what they do for golf. They are a great brand that really wants to help people enjoy the game more and get better. They are fast, friendly and reliable. My favorite golf brand.

• ​Current USGA handicap: 13

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Taylormade MC 3-PW KBS Tour Stiff shafts

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: 2 years ago at Nevada Bobs's in Greenville SC

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: For the most part, since I have taken golf seriously, I have played TM irons. Started with Burner Oversize irons, moved to 300 Forged (that I still own). Tried some forged RAC blades (the satin and the limited edition Fe203 irons). The feel was great when my game was on, the forgiveness was lacking for me. 2 years ago, I bit the bullet and spent the money for an official fitting. Of the 7 or so irons I tried, the MCs were the best fit for my game. I went into the fitting with an open mind, and was pleasantly surprised that the MCs fit and improved my game so well. That being said they still lack the same feel I love with the 300s, but have more forgiveness. At one point, I had gotten my handicap down to a 4, but now days to golf are few and far between, so I feel I could give testing feedback from an 'everyman golfer' perspective . The new 700 series irons are intriguing to me as it seems they may offer the best of both worlds - the forged feel of the 300's with the forgiveness and tech that TM has been known for. It would be an honor to be fit by some of the most knowledgeable techs in the industry.

Awesome contest, thank you Golfwrx and Taylormade for the chance!

Talormade R1 RIP Stiff
TM TP MC 3-PW KBS Tour S
TM Tour Preferred ATV 56* & 60*
Taylormade Spider Mallet 2.0 38"
Taylormade Lethal/Pro V1
Titleist Perma Soft ML
Adidas Tour 360 2.0

​-Current USGA handicap: 5.7

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): PXG 0311T (4-PW) with Nippon Modus 130x

-Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: yes. I was fit at Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti, MI, in the Spring of 2016.

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: it's been a dream of mine to be able to be fit by the same people that fit the PGA Tour professionals. I'm also a bit of a fitting junkie; I'm now on a first name basis with all of the fitters at Miles of Golf. It would be awesome to compare a PGA TOUR level fitting with what the majority of golfers have access to for fittings.

Current handicap 3.5

Current irons - Taylormade Tour Preferred MB 2014 tour w/ kbs tour stiff

Wasn't fit but I kinda know what my game likes.

I think these are the best irons I have played in some time. I would love a driver fitting. With the amount and quality of shafts and heads out today I could never try them all. Having expert help would be cool.

I would love to fit my current game and to see if they can predict the future of my game as I adapt the the health challenges I face.

Thanks.

G430 MAX 10K 9° w/ventus velocore red 5s

G430 MAX threewood ping chrome tour2 65 S
Taylor Made SIM MAX2 5wood w/ventus velocore blue 7

Adams 23º 9031 proto w' diamana ahina 82
Eye2   3-SW

Oddessy Rossie nsl og slant neck.  

Current Handicap: 5.5

Current Irons and Shafts: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW, 3 * upright, with True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT s300 shafts.

Were you fit for your current irons? No, I pretty much fit myself with trial and error.

Why would you want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I feel that if I was properly fit for a set of irons, it would make me reach that next level in golf that I am striving for. I have never really been properly fit for irons in the past, and I feel like The Kingdom has some of the most knowledgeable fitters in the world, and that they can help take my game to a higher level. I also like what the P750 and P770 line of irons have to offer, and would be extremely grateful to have these clubs built for me, to my specs, by knowledgeable fitters. I would also love the opportunity to provide members of GolfWRX with updates from this trip. That is one thing I always look forward to reading when other members get the opportunity to go on these fitting trips.

In The Bag:

Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
Bettinardi Inovai 3.0

• Current USGA handicap 9.4
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)
  • SLDR 4-PW KBS V-90 C-Tapers. 52 Vokey Wedge thats old, rusty and dented, 56 cobra oversize wedge from 1999
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?
  • No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf
  • I began playing golf 3 summers ago and I feel in love. I made the high school varsity team and am a self taught golfer. My new irons I bought was my biggest golf purchase yet, I saved up some caddy money to get them on eBay, I love them and would be heaven at Taylor Made golf kingdom getting fit for irons.

• Current USGA handicap - 15.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Mizuno MP-64 (3-PW) with True Temper DG S300. Cleveland MB 588 Rotex 2.0 (52,56,60) with True Temper DG Wedge Flex
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. - I respect the advancements that TaylorMade has instigated in the world of golf equipment. The new forged irons by TaylorMade have masterfully blended the traditional appearance of classic irons with state-of-the-art technology. I'd love to be a part of this experience.

​Current USGA handicap-0

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)- Srixon Z965 3-9, length +1", standard loft, & 2* flat lie angle, GP Gray MCC + logo down, + 4 extra wraps. Shafts- DG Tour Issue X100's.

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, Srixon HQ, Huntington Beach, CA. July 2016.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. At any level for any club, being properly fit is the only way to go. Taylormade fitting has always been one of the best. All things being equal, would love to see how they match up with my gamer clubs. Bonus, the freedom to just swing & play golf is a priceless opportunity I would love take with me with after a proper fitting xp.

o Current USGA handicap:

o What are your current irons and shafts (be specific):
Currently setup; Callaway XR 4,5 iron and XR Pro 6-A wedge. All irons have Project X PXi 6.0 shafts. All shafts SST PUREd.

o Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?
F
it for my irons July 26, 2016 at Club Champion Club Fitting by Rob Anderson at the Sandy Spring, GA location (Atlanta).

o State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf:
The EXPERIENCE. I’m a US Navy Fighter Pilot by night, but every available moment of daylight is spent on the golf course. The experience of a club fitting would be as rewarding for my day persona as a perfect “landing” of a jet going 150mph on an aircraft carrier at night is for my paid work. I believe I have the skillset for top tier golf, The Kingdom would provide the tools to win the upcoming US Armed Forces tournament, where only the best players in the military qualify. Plus, I’d get a chance to meet the marketing team behind a literal GIANT in the equipment industry!

​Current USGA handicap - +1.1

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Titleist 714 MB 2 degrees strong, standard length & loft GD x100

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I was recently fitted for an M2 driver and it has drastically changed my game off the tee. I would love to see what being fit throughout my bag while gaining vasts amounts of knowledge could do for me moving forward.

• ​Current USGA handicap +0.8
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - titleist 710 mb; DG s400
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No, self fitted based on prior experiences
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: TM has always blended innovation with performance with the feel player in mind. As i get older and not playing as much I am excited to see what innovations that could benefit a player like me!

Titleist 913 D3 8.5* NV 75 X
TaylorMade 790 UDI 17* HZRDUS 6.0 (2019)
Titleist 710 MB 3-PW S400
Titleist Vokey SM4 (54, 60, 64)
TaylorMade TP DUPAGE 34in, 4*Flat
@EMechling #poundtown