APPLY: The TaylorMade Forged Experience! August 29-31. 6 Members Wanted! Apply here!

Current Handicap : 11

Current Irons/Shaft: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-GW TrueTemper XPS300

Were You Fit for your Current Irons: Yes, Nevada Bob's Gulfport MS

I would love to be custom fit for TaylorMade Forged Irons because their innovation in irons, wedges and of course woods is a never ending quest for perfection. I'll have the opportunity to have the very best fitter at the Kingdom to put me into the best iron/shaft combination for my swing that will lead to greater enjoyment of the game and of course lower scores. Also who in their right mind wouldn't want to go to the Kingdom! After I'm home the fun wouldn't stop with reviews and posts on social media about the experience and how it's improved my game.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current USGA Handicap - 4.1

Current Irons/Shafts - Taylormade 770's with C-Taper Lite 120 X Flex - 4 iron to 9 iron

Fit into Current Irons? No, I was not. I was fit into the shaft a bit ago and just ordered the 770's with the same shaft.

Why you'd want to attend: Honestly, I love Taylormade products and have slowly been switching over. Wedges and putters are the last 2 things to not be TM. I'd love to be able to see how everything works at TM and getting properly fit would be amazing. Following the last trip was great and I'd be honored to be selected for this trip. Thanks for the opportunity and hopefully will be able to finally visit Cali!

• ​Current USGA handicap - 4.4
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Ping S55 KBS Tour V 125 LE, but long time user of 2014 Taylormade MB Dynamic Gold S400, along with sets of rsi tp, psi tour, psi cb
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - thetourvan - former Nike Tour Van fitter
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - Longtime WRX'er, longtime tinkerer, but recently after having worked with thetourvan. Less tinkering and more focus on golf, clubs, shots and expectations. I've gotten new insight on how he fit tour pros and the process with each player. It's an experience like no other. Being able to experience Taylormades own Kingdom would be incredible and continue the never ending journey of getting in golf.

Thanks

Current 7.1

Playing Callaway Apex CF '16 XP 95 shafts 4-PW

I did a full fitting for this set at GolfTec in January of 2016

When I bought this set I went into the process thinking I wanted the PSI's. But these Callaways have been some of the best irons I've ever hit. I picked up 15+/- yds 4-7 over my previous set and they measured out as a gain of 8-9 per club over the PSI's. However I came into the Apex's from a few sets of Mizuno's and I've really liked what I've seen out of the new 700 series of irons from Taylormade. They have the look I prefer. I've also switched recently to the TP-5x and noticed a 7 yd+ gain in my driver and lowered spin with my irons which fights the wind better than anything I've seen. I'd be very interested in the chance to see what these could do next to my current set. At 6'6" fittings are going to be a part of my time with golf forever and I'd love the opportunity to experience one of the best, if not the best, fitting facilities in the world in Taylormade.

I would relish the opportunity and be happy to share the experience, thank you for the chance!

​Current USGA handicap : +1.5

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific):

Ping s55 4-pw ; Nippon 130x

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

I adjusted the lie angle myself and the shafts were a guess on my part.

Current USGA handicap: 6.6

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Callaway Apex Pro CF 16 with Dynamic Gold x100 hardstepped 1x

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: I was not fit for these irons. I have been fit once and it was a train wreck. I was basically told custom fit irons would not work for me when I started playing golf 6 years ago. I just self fit myself for these current irons.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I think I am a good candidate because I have never been properly fit, have an above average golf swing with high swing speed and have gone from a 20 handicap to a 6.6 in 6 years. A lot of times I feel like the only clubs that work for me are my TM driver and 3 wood. Everything else feels a bit off for my swing and game. I take weekly lessons so I can become a scratch player one day and while I feel like being properly fit won't solve all my issues. I do believe it will give me confidence in know that I have the right club suited to the shot I am seeking to hit. My first set of irons when I started was a pair of TM RAC LT irons, which I should have never gotten rid of :) It would be a dream come true to win something special like this and a sweet reward for the hard work I put on the range and course every single day.

• ​Current USGA handicap - +1.2
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)- mizuno mp 67 with project x 6.5 3/4 inch long 1 degree up
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? yes, at a local golf shop our college team frequented back in the day.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf- I'm excited about the new products and have updated my bag with a slew of TM products in the past year, (driver, 3 wood, hybrid, wedges and putter) I'd love to see if any of the new irons can kick my 67's out of the bag. I've had between 6-10 sets since i've purchased them and none have made it a full season before going back to the old trusty mizunos.

Thanks TM and GOLFWRX for the great opportunity and I look forward to reading the thread even if not picked. Makes a week or two of work go by much quicker!

• Current USGA handicap - 10
  • What are your current irons and shafts? PW-8 P750 7i-3i P770 Project X 6.5. +.5" 1* up.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Was fitted in May with John Joy out of Le Triomphe.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. To me, Taylormade has the best golf equipment hands down. Have always had a full TM bag. This would be a dream/bucket list trip for sure. The P series I just put in the bag are phenomenal and really have taken my game to the next level. Would love the see what the future has to offer. Thank you for this opportunity.

• Current USGA handicap

• What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)

Srixon Z-Star (5-PW), NS Pro 1050 stiff
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

Was not fit for irons, but did have loft/lie checked/adjusted just after purchase. Work done at Redtail GC (Portland, OR) Nov. 2013
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

Outside of this just being a cool/unique experience, I've been thinking of getting new irons this offseason. I was planning on finally doing a full fitting and trying out a variety of clubs as I save up shop credit thru my golf club (shout out NWGolfGuys). I've enjoyed/played forged cavity back irons for the last 10+ years (set before Srixons were MacGregor M565) and the TaylorMade Forged Experience would be the ultimate experience to get a great set of forged irons and understand even more about the what makes forgings so desirable.

Current USGA handicap: 0.1

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB with DGS300

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: When you are looking to take your game to the next level you need to take all the steps necessary. Being custom fit for a set of irons for the first time in my life by some of the best in the industry would definitely be one of those steps. Being a current player of forged TaylorMade irons and one who has played their other forged irons, I feel that I'll be able to add valuable insight to both the new products and how technology has changed over the past 10 years.

M1 440 Tour Issue - ADDI 6x
M3 HL - ADDI 6x
M1 3 iron
Taylormade Tour Preferred MB
Taylormade EF 52*, 58*
TM Spider S

Current Index - 15.5

Tommy Armour 845M w DG S300 5-PW

I have never been properly fit for any of my clubs.

I would like to attend this experience for the opportunity to be fit, there are not fitters locally that use Trackman. I would be able to show off the new TM irons to people I play with as I don't see their irons played much. if at all, and the new offerings look interesting.

• Current USGA handicap 10.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Tourstage X-Blade CB-2006 X100 (soft stepped 1x)
  • Were you fit for your current irons? No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I've never been fitted for a set of irons that I've purchased and a little skeptical since my swing varies a little each day. Through tinkering, trial and error, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I need in an iron set. If chosen for this opportunity, I'd love to see if anything differs to my specs and preferences. I play TM woods but haven't been moved by a set of TM irons since the '07 JDM Forged R7 (Weir).

​Current USGA handicap - None. Scores are between mid 70's and low 80's

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Bridgestone J15cb with TTDG X100's

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - I was checked for length but ordered them 1° flat as that is how irons suit my eye. This was done at Chris Cote's Golf Shop in January 2016

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I have owned TaylorMade irons in the past and have almost always had at least one TaylorMade club in the bag. I have never went through a full and proper fitting and would enjoy this process greatly. It is a life goal for me to get to The Kingdom as I have seen your facilities across various platforms (Peter Finch YouTube channel and other YouTube videos mostly) and am awestruck. TaylorMade is and always will be one of the leaders in the hard goods industry and I look forward to the opportunity to have this experience at an incredible facility.

Thank you for letting some of us mere mortals have a chance at a tour pro's fitting experience

Cobra F7+ / Project X 7.0
TaylorMade Aero Burner TP 15° / Matrix White Tie 70-X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 2i / X100
Bridgestone J15cb's 4-P / X100
Taylormade ATV 50° / S300
Taylormade RAC '10' 54° / S300
Cleveland RTX4 60° / S400
Odyssey O-Works Red 7s 34"
Bridgestone Tour BXS / Srixon Z Star
Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt

First of all, thank you very much for the opportunity!

• Current USGA handicap - Currect index is 5.4
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Mizuno Forged MP-69's with Dynamic gold S300
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I was not fitted
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - One of the fears of being fit, is being fit by someone that really does not know what they are doing. Over the years, I just have self fit. An opportunity of being fit by someone from the factory would certainly give confidence that I was being fit correctly. Not to mention the opportunity to see behind the scenes on how all the tech applies (I am a total geek when it comes to the technology) it would be a once in a lifetime experience.

• A GolfWRX member in good standing from the US

YES

• Ready and willing to post reviews / updates from your experience

YES

• In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current USGA handicap

Nike Golf MMPROTO w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grips

3i - Loft: 20° , Lie:58°, Bounce: 3° SW: D3.5 Length 38.50"

4i - Loft: 23° , Lie:59°, Bounce: 4° SW: D3.5 Length 38.00"

5i - Loft: 26° , Lie:60°, Bounce: 5° SW: D3.5 Length 37.50"

6i - Loft: 30° , Lie:61°, Bounce: 6° SW: D3.5 Length 37.00"

7i - Loft: 34° , Lie:61.5°, Bounce: 7° SW: D3.5 Length 36.50"

8i - Loft: 38° , Lie:62°, Bounce: 8° SW: D3.5 Length 36.00"

9i - Loft: 42° , Lie:62.5°, Bounce: 9° SW: D3.5 Length 35.50"

PW - Loft: 46° , Lie:63°, Bounce: 10° SW: D3.5 Length 35.25"

• Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?

NO

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

A huge fan of the brand. I'm a gear head that loves all the latest and greatest, I would fanboy out during this experience. I've been trying to find an invitation to the kingdom for a while, but it looks like I don't have the right keys. I should roll up and sneak in like an itsy-bitsy spider just to see what's happening inside.

Note: you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as well.

ALREADY ON IT ALL DAY!

-Handicap - 10ish

-Mizuno Combo Set - JPX 900 Forged 4-7, JPX 900 Tour 8-P - Project X LZ 6.5 +1/4in 2 degrees flat

-Self Fit with the help of Golfsmith Richmond

-Worked in the golf industry as a fitter/sales for about 6 years out of college. I would love to have the opportunity to visit and experience the facilities of true industry leaders. I am a genuine golf equipment geek with enough knowledge to be dangerous, this would be a dream come true...

Ben

• A GolfWRX member in good standing from the US YES
  • Ready and willing to post reviews / updates from your experience YES
  • Current USGA handicap 10.1
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist 716CB (5-PW), Titleist 716T-MB (3i,4i), all Nippon Modus 120 stiff, standard length, standard loft, 2* flat
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Roger Dunn, November 2015
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf An opportunity to be properly fit would be awesome as it's been nearly two years since my last semi-professional fitting, my swing and my game have changed somewhat during this time, and I love the new offerings from TaylorMade!

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]

Thanks to TaylorMade and WRX for the opportunity!

Current USGA handicap: 7.2

Current Irons: Titleist 716AP2 with DG AMT S300 , stock lofts and length, 1 degree upright

Was I fit: Yes, the Director of Instruction at my club is Titleist staff so I've been fit on Trackman outside with premium balls. Was fit for these irons in the fall of 2015

I would love to attend this event because I'm a total golf equipment junkie and follow these threads by the minute when they are live. More importantly, I'm working hard to improve my game. I'm taking lessons and training skills not only in our season (Northeast), but during the winter inside. I'm at a point in my life where golf is virtually my only hobby/athletic pursuit and any chance to learn more about modern tech and my game is something I would love to do. I have a bag that is currently all Titleist (other than putter) as shown in my signature, but in the back of my mind I feel like that may be because we only have Titleist and Callaway at my club so I've defaulted to my current bag. I have no problem posting live during the event, and thanks again for the chance to enter!

Mavrik 10.5 GD AD-IZ 6S
Epic Flash SZ 15 GD AD-IZ 7S
Rogue 19 3 hybrid stock Synergy S
Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
718 AP3 5 DG AWT Black S
718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
Futura 5.5W

​-Current USGA handicap: 6

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): TM 770 with KBS C-Taper stiff (was never fitted)

-Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: No

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I need it :) . Never been fit for any club before.

Current USGA handicap - 3.1

Current Irons and shafts - Srixon Z745 PW-4 Iron with DG S300 shafts with GP Tour Velvet Grips

Was I fitted? - No fitting for them at all

Why do I want to attend this opportunity? - Did you read above? No fitting on my current rig and I need it!! In all honesty, the new TM gear looks amazing, and I live in Utah and unfortunately there are not a lot of fitting opportunities or Demo Days here in the state. For crying out loud, I spend half the year digging out of the snow and I need these babies to keep me warm! :swoon:

• ​Current USGA handicap - 4
  • 4i - PXG 0311 - Steelfiber STIFF CW110i soft stepped one time
  • 5i-9i - PXG 0311T - Steelfiber STIFF CW110i soft stepped one time
  • PW - SM6 - Steelfiber STIFF CW110i soft stepped one time
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? NO, was not fitted. Have never been fitted.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I would love the opportunity to meet some outstanding members from this board and take an awesome trip that is strictly 100% golf. I eat, breath, and sleep golf. It's always been a dream of mine to be professionally fitted....and by that, I mean, fitted correctly.

Note: you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as well -i'll gladly post every waking minute that I'm not at work!!!!!

• I'm a current member in good standing and from the US.
  • Current USGA handicap - 1.2
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Mizuno JPX900 Tours with Nippon Modus 120x
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes this past February at Club Champion in Highlands Ranch, CO.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - The pro experience would be a bucket list item lol and a true privilege to participate in.
  • I'd have no issue posting and continuing to post etc.

Thanks for the opportunity.

1. 0.7

2. Srixon Z745 with Recoil Prototype 110 F4 shafts

3. Self-fit only

4. I've been playing golf for over 50 years. This website encouraged me to build my own set(s) of clubs and make my adjustments with my own equipment (loft, lie, etc.) I'd love to undergo the process conducted by professionals. I was asked (and accepted) to go to the Nike Oven several times to participate in consumer testing, but was never fit for anything there. I still own probably 10 sets of Taylormade irons, and I'd love to talk shop with the TM designers. I don't buy anything new, and I like to read the reviews here before buying, so I very seldom have anything new to offer in the way of reviews; this trip would offer me a chance to be ahead of the curve and give my $0.02 before most folks have had the chance to try out the new stuff.

• ​Current USGA handicap 2.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)- Adams CB1 Project X 6.0 flighted (except 7i is Adams pro A12 because I lost it)- they have been in the bag 7 years. These are my second set of irons after TM RAC game improvement irons I started with for a couple years.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No. They are just stock specs.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I like the look of those new irons and I know they have gotten into bags on tour so they must be sweet. I like the new TP5 so why not get on these new TM irons?! I've never been fitted for clubs or spent any amount of time in CA. I think knowing I had properly fit irons would help my game. It would be cool to meet other GolfWRXers that are into golf as much as I am just hear what all the people at Taylormade had to say! However, when we play I will not let the nice people at Taylormade win, so I understand if that kicks me out of the trip.

As far as I know, I'm still a member here in good standing, but that is always kind of up in the air with some of the replies I give....just kidding!

-Current USGA handicap: 0

-What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): I am a "traditionalist", and play between a set of Ping K1 irons with TTT Standard/Stiff, or a set of Hogan Apex '73 satin back irons, Dynamic T shafts, 2° upright (bent 'em myself)

-Were you fit for your current irons? NO, but am familiar with fitting/altering and how to do it myself

-State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: Obviously, my irons are a bit older, but they are what I love. I have watched from outside the golf arena, that I used to be in the center of, as companies like TaylorMade have begun to bring more and better forged selections to market. I would love to be a part of the input for future developments, and also would welcome the opportunity to be bit with something a bit more modern than what I play with today...even tho I use those old sticks pretty well, if I do say so myself.

I would like to thank TaylorMade and WRK both for this great opportunity, and will wait for me winning email to arrive!

• Current USGA handicap: 8.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Mizuno MP-53, 2* upright, standard loft, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100, +1"
  • Were you fit for your current irons? Yes If so, where / when? Local teaching pro/golf shop owner with the ruler and lie board / April 2013.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. Well outside of the obvious getting to visit the HQ facility from arguably the most technologically advanced club maker in the world, and getting to pick their brains over every iota of engineering and design in their products that continually get to set the bar for the golf industry and push forward golf as a whole. Getting married, changing jobs, moving, and my wife and I having our first child has really just turned my world upside down in the best way. It has made my time much more scarce and in turn made it more valuable. With my wife's encouragement I have begun finally getting back to playing and practicing more this year. I started off the year making a few club purchases again and am beginning the process to improve my game each and every time I am out. One area that I have realized an opportunity to improve is the iron department. Using the same clubs that I have for the last 4 seasons on the old fitting data hasn't really inspired the confidence I once had in my iron game or ball striking as a whole. Which brings me back to the time issue. If I am not utilizing the best tools available and enjoying every free minute I get, am I truly utilizing my valuable time properly. This trip would provide me with the unreal opportunity to get properly fit (for the first time in my life) for the best looking, best performing irons I have seen hit the market in awhile. While also playing an instrumental role in my journey to improve my game and be able to bring everyone on GolfWRX along for that journey.

Huge thanks to TaylorMade and GolfWRX for this opportunity!

Kyle

Taylor Made M6, 9*, Project X Hzrdus Black 6.5, 75g
Taylor Made RBZ Tour Spoon - Aldila RIP Alpha 80X
Taylor Made SLDR 19* Hybrid KBS C-Taper 130-X
Mizuno MP-53 4-9 DG X-100
Vokey 46,50,54,58 DG S-400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S
TaylorMade TP5X

• ​2.1
    • PSi Tour (5-PW, 2* flat) - DG Tour Issue X flex (0.25" short, soft stepped 1x)
    • I was fit on a Ping cart 17 years ago, and have played the same basic iron specs ever since.
    • I'm a long time TM loyalist and have been wanting to go on one of these to get fitted at the Kingdom for years. I've done writeups here for Snell and Titleist balls in the past, and really enjoy doing reviews, pictures/videos, and comparisons.

[size=3]TaylorMade M3 9* Diamana W60X
TaylorMade M1 15* Diamana B70X[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade [/size][size=3]M1 21* Kuro Kage 80X[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade [/size][size=3]PSi Tour 4-P TI X100
Cleveland RTX-3 52/56/60 DG
Ping Sigma G B60 32"[/size]