2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: The TaylorMade Forged Experience! August 29-31. 6 Members Wanted! Apply here!

​Current USGA handicap - 26 (unofficial)

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - I'm currently using Cobra one length, with the stock stiff shaft. I got fit into ping g400 with KBS Tour regular but have not yet received them

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - July 20, Redtail Golf Center in Beaverton, OR, but haven't yet received my order.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - Once in a lifetime! I watched all of the vlogs when the meandmygolf guys, and others took contest winners to the Kingdom. It looked like an AMAZING experience.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Current USGA handicap 1.3
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Taylormade Tour Preferred MC, Project X 6.5 flighted
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf The last 2 years I've gone through full iron fittings for both Nike and Callaway irons. Complete with trackman data. Both times have been a complete disaster. I've spent thousands to just go back to the original irons I was playing before... This has been so frustrating. I'm beginning to think either my swing is impossible to fit, or I just can't improve on what I have. I have issues with too much spin and terrible control in wind. It would be nice to see what true professionals would do for me. Golf is my life. I've dedicated a lot to this game. Always trying to improve. I would love the opportunity to go through the process and share my experiences.

• ​Current USGA handicap 6.4
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, 4-GW, KBS C-Taper Stiff Shafts Hard Stepped 1x, standard length, loft, and lie, with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Grips
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes, in March of 2017 at Man O War Golf in Lexington, KY
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf I would, of course, be thrilled to participate in this opportunity. I believe I'm a great candidate for this experience not only because I am a respectable golfer, but also an engineer and one who is adept at writing. I think the combination of those attributes makes me very well-suited to understand the technology and data behind the fitting as well as the clubs themselves and also be able to adequately convey the experience to an audience. TaylorMade really seems to be stepping up their iron game in a major way these days and their woods have always been top notch. This would be an unbelievable way to experience the lineup. Thank you for the opportunity. You're going to make six people very happy!

​Current USGA handicap - 5.3

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Ping i200 4-PW Blue Dot with

PING Z-Z65 stiff shafts +1/2". 50, 54, 58 degree Ping Glide 2.0 wedges with same Z-Z65 shafts Black dot +1/2"

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - Semi fitted for these irons and shafts. The Ping rep had me hit a few balls and told me what he recommended. No launch monitor, no numbers just him watching on the range. This was done at Country Hills Golf Course in Hendersonville TN in March of 2017.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I have always avoided Taylormade irons because of feel issues with the irons. I would love the opportunity to check out the new iron sets and see what all the hype is about. Also, I have never been able to be actually fitted for irons or any club. Taylormade seems to be listening to consumers and tour pros alike when it comes to new products. I would love the opportunity to get fit for the new irons and see where this would take my game. Love forged irons just haven't been able to afford anything new.

• A GolfWRX member in good standing from the US YES
  • Ready and willing to post reviews / updates from your experience YES
  • In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current USGA handicap UNOFFICIAL 7-ish
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) SRIXON 745 S300 (too soft, looking at s400/x100 or mod120) (lie flattenend +2, loft +1)
    • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? NO
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf I've always wanted to get my irons properly fitted and I've been a fan of Taylormade since I started with the gold shafted burners. I have had my woods fitted at the TM Las Vegas location in the past but not recently. And I enjoy taking alot of pics and doing a write up.
    • Thank you to TM & WRX!

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

• ​Current USGA handicap - +0.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Titleist 716 CB 4-PW, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold AMT X100 +1.25"
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? I was fit at Club Champion in Chicago, IL about 1 1/2 years ago.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - A couple reasons 1) I am in the market for new irons because I feel like ever since I got these irons my distance control, specifically from the rough has been hit or miss (30 yard gap on fliers) and it has hurt my goals in tournament play 2) I've got 1 year old and 3 year old girls at home that I absolutely adore but sometimes you need a quick break (#dadlife) and California would be a great break :) also it would be nice to get some free irons because they take all my money!

• ​Current USGA handicap: 18.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): LH Mizuno JPX 850 Nippon Zelos 7 Regular. 1 degree flat extended .25 inches
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?, Club Champion Washington DC. Dec 2015
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I would like to see how a Brand specific fitting would be compared to a let's fit you to whatever you hit best is like. Would like to see if they can fit me into something that would be a better than what I have currently.

US citizen.

I will gladly post reviews and contribute to ongoing talks and updates.

Mizuno MP 5. DG X100

+1/4 2° flat.

I was fit at Golf Care Center in MD.

Since I first saw the P750 Protos I've wanted a set. I have never had Taylor Made Irons but play the driver and 3 wood. I believe these irons could help me reach some golf goals I have and take my game to a higher level.

• ​Current USGA handicap 4.2
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific After trying most all irons available for a three week period I purchased the Wilson V6 4-PW with stock AMT S-300 irons. I am playing standard length, lofts and lie angles are 1 degree flat.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? -I was sort of fit. This is the rub where I live. We have big box retails centers with hourly guys that have some basic knowledge but don't provide a ton of confidence with their advice. The fitting equipment is often faulty or in need or repair. I ended up buying them at Edwin Watts due to the availability of the product and they had the best knowledge of the big box retailers. The one shop in town with a trackman did not have all iron offerings to demo.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf -The best thing I did for my game this year was open my mind to other brands. I was a die hard Titleist guy for 10+ years. I put a Taylormade DJ Spider putter in the bag and switched to the TP5 ball and the results were fantastic. This was a huge step for me. I would want to attend this amazing opportunity because I know the experience of being properly fit and educated along the way would add tremendous confidence to my game. I am a data-driven guy and it would be amazing to utilize the tools and resources available to tour players!!

• ​Current USGA handicap 5.5
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Srixon Z945 4-P with DGS300 standard length
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No. Had fitting done about 6 years ago
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. This would be like golfer's ultimate dream come true, and the new P700 line is absolutely beautiful. My last set of TM was MB\MC combo set from 2012 and I also have a couple sets of 2005 MB's in storage. I also still have a set of RAC Smokey as I regard those as the most beautiful irons ever. The new P730 can easily rival those, and I would love to go back to TM irons again.

Absolutely phenomenal opportunity for anyone selected.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

• ​Current USGA handicap: 6.3
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Titleist ZB, 4 - PW, Project X 6.5 Flighted shaft, + 1/2 length, Midsize Golf Pride New Decade White and Black grips, 2 degrees flat.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? : No.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: This would be the dream come true for me. I have always wanted to go on a trip to Taylormade and get fitted properly. I am really excited about the new lines of irons and would love to try them out!

HCP - 6.3

Irons - Mizuno MP 25, Modus 105 Stiff. Was fit at local golf shop.

I definitely want to win this contest as I have been a TaylorMade woods loyalist for some time, but have not found the irons or wedges to work for me. I want to have a chance to have a true full scale fitting with access to all the goodies. I definitely think I would do well with a better shaft/iron combo that would be a result of being able to try all that is out there. I think their new wedges look amazing, but want the chance to have that all important fitting with the best fitters available. Gulp, I would even love to be fit into the right putter!

WITB:

Driver - Titleist TSR3

3 Wood - PING G425 LST 

Hybrid - Titleist TSR2

Irons (4-PW): Mizuno Pro 223

Wedges: Mizuno T24 - 50*, 56*

Putter: Cameron '23 Phantom X 5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

• Current USGA handicap: 5.6
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Ping i200 4-PW w/ AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes at local shop in April of this year
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I truly love this game and I am fascinated by every aspect of it. Having the chance to get fit at the Kingdom is a once in a lifetime opportunity for any golfer. Discussing the designs and technology of the clubs I would be getting fit for with the great minds behind them would be amazing as well. I would be enamored with every detail of the trip, so I know I could give a great review of the entire experience. I also have two weeks of vacation time to burn before the end of the year and nothing planned as of now. Thanks for considering me for this awesome opportunity!

Callaway Paradym TD          9°   Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60

Callaway Paradym TD 3+     13.5°  Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70

Callaway Apex UW        19°   Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75

Callaway Apex TCB       4-AW  Project X

Callaway Jaws Raw      54°S ,60°Z True Temper DG Spinner 

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

Callaway Chrome Tour

Current handicap: 12.5

Current irons: mizuno mp-25 with Nippon Modus 130x stiff

Were you fit: yes at club champion

I would love to visit the kingdom. My first fitting was at a TM performance lab and my fitter was awesome. Corey even helped

Me out later when I updated my driver. I like my club champion fitting but I still have not been able to match the distances and accuracy I had at the fitting. I have always been a Taylor

Are fan. I started with bubble drivers when I started golfing at 12.

In a post below, answer the following:

​Current USGA handicap - 8.7

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Titleist 716 AP2 with DG S300 AMT

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - The chance to be properly fit fir some great irons and provide reviews and updates to the rest of the community

​Current USGA handicap 7.2

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) TM rsi tp 4-pw project x 6.5 2* up +1/2"

Were you fit for your current irons? No

If so, where / when?

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf.

I am a huge Taylormade fan, I use their clubs top to bottom, have 2 sets of irons by them (rsi tp and tp mb smokes), a UDI, milled grind wedges, spider tour red, m1 driver, m2 3-wood and r15 hybrid. I believe I could benefit so much from a proper fitting into my dream sticks. Hopefully crunching my goal of sub 5 handicap. Whomever is selected, this is a dream opportunity and should be excited for such a chance.

• ​Current USGA handicap GHIN #: 2071684 3.7
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Ping S55 with Dynamic Gold DGpro x100
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Negative. I've only been fit for woods, I have never had the chance to be fit for Irons.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - Its my birthday weekend and this would be a great opportunity to test out some new products and get out of the house.

Ping G430 Max 10k
Ping G430 2 Hybrid
Ping I230 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite S+
Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
Ping D60

​Current USGA handicap: 6

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Srixon Z765 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 stiff shafts

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: Yes. Dec '16 at local golf club

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: Who wouldn't want to be fit by the best golf company in the business? This would be a dream come true! Thanks to Taylormade and GolfWRX for even getting a chance to win this.

Handicap 13.6

Irons- Ping G 5,6- Black +1" steelfiber i95 stiff, Ping i200 black +1" i95 stiff

Yes, fit into current ping G added length and different Shafts ordered ping i200 to match April 2017

Why? Experience a state of the art fitting and share this experience. It would be also amazing to hear from other memebers who love golf as much as I do.

Ping G425 9* ping tour 65 

Tmade Stealth 2 Plus 5w Kai’li white

Tmade Sim DHY Diamana limited

4 Taylormade GAPR Mid KBS stock Stiff

5 Srixon ZX4 mkii KBS/ 6 Srixon Zx5 mkii KBS
7-PW Srixon Z785 Project X Catalyst 100cw
 50* Ping Glide 4.0 z-115 

54* Cleveland Zipcore 
58* Cleveland Zipcore Full Face
Toulon Design Palm Beach/ Toulon Atlanta/ Evnroll ER11v/ Ping Vault Oslo

Current USGA Index: 10.8

Current irons: cobra fly-z+ irons with kbs tour shafts. I was fitted at golftec, then recently went to the Marriott golf academy here in Orlando and had Randall Doucette fit me for the correct shafts and setup.

I'd love to experience the taylormade fitting trip because I'm always interested in trying new clubs and finding the next best clubs for me. If I had the ability I'd be constantly buying and testing new clubs.

• ​Current USGA handicap 3.3
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Srixon 765 5-PW 1*flat stock length/lie Nippon ProModus 125S
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Yes. My instructor is a Srixon pro and fit for head and lie. Shafts at PGASS Srixon cart
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf I have been searching for new irons that I love since Nike left the game and I really like the direction TM is going with these new irons.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• Current USGA handicap - 7
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)- Bridgestone J15 CB's w/ DG TI S400
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? No
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I am the ultimate equipment nerd and have been partial to Taylormade since I started playing the game. My all time favorite set of irons are the 09 TP's and still regret getting rid of them. Ever since then, I have been unable to find an iron that I truly enjoy hitting. I have had limited exposure to the new iron lineup and would really love the opportunity to hit them. I have also never been fit for clubs and there is no better place for that than The Kingdom.

o Current USGA handicap - I do not currently have a USGA handicap but, I am usually around a 14-15

o What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) - Current irons are Taylormade Burner plus (2008) with stock burner steel regular shafts

o Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? - No I was not fit for my current set, they were a hand me down set.

o State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf - I want this opportunity because one it would truly be a dream to go to see the Kingdom and be fit by the pros but it is mainly because I have never had the chance to be fully fit for new clubs or have a new set of irons for myself. For the past 6 years I have been playing the wrong flex shafted irons, (currently have regular flex when I need stiff). I have had to compensate for my game when I know if I had the proper equipment to fit my game that I could become an even better player. I have also been a brand loyalist ever since I began playing golf. I have always been drawn towards the innovate products which Taylormade brings to the market. If I was given this opportunity I would finally be able to say that I have a set of clubs that are truly built for my game and not just a set of used and hand me down ones which do not suit my game. It would also be a great chance to speak with the designers from a player’s prospect on how they can best help players like myself when it comes to designing new equipment and learning about the innovations which they are envisioning at Taylormade.

Current USGA Index: 1.8

What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) : Callaway Apex CF 16, Steelfiber i95 shafts

Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: Yes at NOVO Golf, Tappan NY, March 2016

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: Want to go back to a more traditional forged iron-grew up playing Walter Hagen forged blades-and nothing would be better than getting fitted at the Kingdom for, and playing with, what looks like a fabulous new line of irons. Being able to spread the word amongst the GolfWRX and non GolfWRX communities would be fun as well.

• ​Current USGA handicap: I currently do not have a USGA handicap, however I would guess I play to a 14-15.
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific): Mizuno MP-H5 4-P w/Project X 6.0 std LLL
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?: No, but years of personal testing has me pretty comfortable in my current setup.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf: I am such a golf nerd/junkie that given the opportunity to be professionally fit (for the first time) by some of the industry's best would be nothing less of a dream come true!

Canadians excluded, AGAIN.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

• Current USGA handicap 4.2
  • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific) Srixon 965 pw-7, Srixon 765 6-4. DG x100's 1.5" over.
  • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when? Not for my current irons but was fit by Izetts Golf and use those specs to buy anything new. My last fitting was December 2016.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf. I would thoroughly enjoy the entire process. Being fit by some of the best in the business, professionals who have intimate knowledge of the equipment we'll be testing??? That's as good as it gets! My previous fittings were always indoor, so to be able to do it in real conditions would be ideal. My iron game is in good shape but I think having this experience could take that part my game to another level. I would look forward to meeting and sharing the experience with fellow GWRX's members and then with the entire community during and after. AND...I'm in great shape and can swing all day:). Thanks!

TaylorMade Golf launched the P750 and P770 forged Irons earlier this year and our GolfWRX team spotted P790 long irons being tested on Tour recently, as well as DJ teasing us with some new P730 forged irons. Could these last two models round out the 2017 TaylorMade P700 forged Iron family?

TaylorMade wants to invite 6 GolfWRX forum members for an all-inclusive trip to The Kingdom in California to participate in the TaylorMade Forged Experience. Want to attend? Read how to apply below.

WHAT IS INCLUDED

• Dates: August 29, 30 & 31.
  • All-expenses paid trip to The Kingdom, TaylorMade Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA
  • TaylorMade Forged Iron fitting at The Kingdom, TaylorMade’s exclusive on-site fitting facility.
  • In-depth product discussion with TaylorMade marketing and R&D staff
  • Golf outing with TaylorMade and GolfWRX teams in Carlsbad area
  • Of course, a few surprises along the way!

Complete details and how to enter below.

THE EVENT:

From August 29-31, TaylorMade invites 6 members of the GolfWRX community on an exclusive, all access trip to global headquarters in Carlsbad, California.

On this trip you'll test new and prototype product, experience an iron fitting with the club specialists that fit TaylorMade's Tour Pros, participate in an R&D discussion, play golf with TaylorMade’s marketing team and be immersed in how and why TaylorMade has become the #1 club manufacturer in golf.

DATES: August 29, 30 & 31, 2017

PARTICIPANTS: 6 GolfWRX Community Members

TO APPLY YOU MUST BE:

• A GolfWRX member in good standing from the US
  • Ready and willing to post reviews / updates from your experience
  • In a post below, answer the following:
    • ​Current USGA handicap
    • What are your current irons and shafts (be specific)
    • Were you fit for your current irons? If so, where / when?
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at TaylorMade Golf

Note: you'll be expected to contribute to a live and ongoing TaylorMade Forged Experience thread on GolfWRX and on social media as well.

HOW PARTICIPANTS ARE SELECTED: GolfWRX will evaluate the posts of applicants submitted by the deadline of EOD August 15, 2017. Invitations are sent via GolfWRX message system. If any participant does not confirm within 12 hours of being notified, they will be replaced.

Hello,

I'd really enjoy the opportunity to be professionally fitted. I've been stubborn about that and have never been fitted for clubs before (have simply done trial and error with a lot of sets). I'm currently a 1.0 handicap (personal best!) and am rotating between mizuno MP64's with C-taper 120 Stiff shafts and mp32's with Project rifle 6.0s.

I think I'd really enjoy the experience if I was selected. I will be honest, I'm very loyal/stubborn on my brands, so Taylormade's staff would have a challenge!