Atmos Red - mid/mid driver weapon?

Morry

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently play the 6s in my driver and 7s in my 3 wood. I don't know how else to sum up this shaft besides really freakin good. I tend to be a player that launches the ball low with low spin. I've played ADDI, ADTP, Kiyoshi purple, Rogue Black, Fuji Pro, Speeder 661, and pretty much every other shaft that is in that mid/high to low/mid profile and the Atmos red has performed better than all of them. Initially after I installed it I gave the club a few shakes and thought that the shaft was going to be too soft throughout the swing but it is actually incredibly stable throughout the swing. My swing speed is around 117 with smooth tempo and hard transition but this thing holds up every single time. I get a perfect mid/high launch with mid spin and I have literally never hit the ball as far and as accurately as I have been with the Atmos. Granted could be the pairing with the G400 head but either I have nothing but great things to say about the Atmos red. I'm curious to try the new profile they have coming out this fall.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
Ping G425 Max 16.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
Srixon ZX UT 2/3/4 - KBS C Taper Lite X
Srixon ZX7 5-P - KBS C Taper Lite X
Titleist SM8 Raw 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 

Currently play the 6s in my driver and 7s in my 3 wood. I don't know how else to sum up this shaft besides really freakin good. I tend to be a player that launches the ball low with low spin. I've played ADDI, ADTP, Kiyoshi purple, Rogue Black, Fuji Pro, Speeder 661, and pretty much every other shaft that is in that mid/high to low/mid profile and the Atmos red has performed better than all of them. Initially after I installed it I gave the club a few shakes and thought that the shaft was going to be too soft throughout the swing but it is actually incredibly stable throughout the swing. My swing speed is around 117 with smooth tempo and hard transition but this thing holds up every single time. I get a perfect mid/high launch with mid spin and I have literally never hit the ball as far and as accurately as I have been with the Atmos. Granted could be the pairing with the G400 head but either I have nothing but great things to say about the Atmos red. I'm curious to try the new profile they have coming out this fall.

Thank you

was there any issue with swing weight with the atmos, given i don't believe it is counterbalanced?

I will be gaming the same driver combo tomorrow. I had the same results in my fitting. I'll be putting the 7s in my XR Steelhead this week. 117 and your not using the X?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thank you

was there any issue with swing weight with the atmos, given i don't believe it is counterbalanced?

Actually no. This is what surprised me the most. I straight installed into the G400 at 44 3/4" and still had D2 SW with a GP Midsize Z cord grip. Was pleasantly surprised by this.

I will be gaming the same driver combo tomorrow. I had the same results in my fitting. I'll be putting the 7s in my XR Steelhead this week. 117 and your not using the X?

I've played X before and stiff just gives me the feel that I look for in my swing. I'm very smooth from take away to the top of my swing. I have a very aggresive transition at the bottom of my swing so the stiff actually holds up nicely gives a really nice kick at impact. I like to feel the shaft throughout my swing, I have yet to find an X that gives me that. On top of that, playing stiff gives me a tad more spin which is something I need being a low spin player.

There has to be more experience with this out there

order one for Fusion (need more spin and launch) and thinking about one for g400 - hoping hzrdus yellow works on Ping well, but just awaiting arrival this week

please pass on experiences

think this may be a panacea for low launch/low spin swings

Just got my combo now. Hopefully the weather breaks so I can out on the course.

ffd4b6091bbd33d8e6a9288f15d78159.jpg

dc6844dcd4ec419d1c5fecd382418e0e.jpg

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Just got my combo now. Hopefully the weather breaks so I can out on the course.

ffd4b6091bbd33d8e6a9288f15d78159.jpg

dc6844dcd4ec419d1c5fecd382418e0e.jpg

Insanely good combo. You'll love it.

did you tip it?

I bought it off BST , I don't think it was? I know it's 1/2" shorter than the stock shaft.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Any update? looks awesome

dying to hear

hordes yellow or should i just jump to this ...

Had leagues tonight and it's pretty windy. The wind didn't effect it at all. I was hitting really straight and long today. I just love everything about this combo! I can't wait to get my 7s put in the Steelhead!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

Quick shaft comparison question... Atmos Red Stiff vs Speeder EVO II Regular 569. The stiff is 10 g heavier, with the same tip flex, and 11 "points" lower butt flex, and only .1 less "torque" rating. Anyone have experience with these? Would they play similarly? Or is that difference in butt flex going to be highly noticeable? I've got the Speeder EVO II regular now in my JPX 900 driver. curious about the atmos red.

I had a 7s in a jetspeed backup driver for a short time. Was an absolute gem and almost threw it in my current RC driver. Beautiful feel and not as high spinning as I was anticipating.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

Quick shaft comparison question... Atmos Red Stiff vs Speeder EVO II Regular 569. The stiff is 10 g heavier, with the same tip flex, and 11 "points" lower butt flex, and only .1 less "torque" rating. Anyone have experience with these? Would they play similarly? Or is that difference in butt flex going to be highly noticeable? I've got the Speeder EVO II regular now in my JPX 900 driver. curious about the atmos red.

going from a speeder 661 evo 3 stiff into a atmos red 6s this weekend in a fusion driver

overall weight should be similar

will let you know how the profile differs and most importantly how it fares....i have High Hopes!!!

going from a speeder 661 evo 3 stiff into a atmos red 6s this weekend in a fusion driver

overall weight should be similar

will let you know how the profile differs and most importantly how it fares....i have High Hopes!!!

awesome, thanks