718 AP2 or AP3??

russian7

Please let us know if you notice any difference in launch and or distance between the AMT and KBS shafts.

I'll be thrilled to post up my comments on that, just as soon as my AP3's arrive!!

I've had the worst experience that I've ever had with ordering anything new through a pro shop by a mile.

So about 4 weeks ago I place my order and a fortnight later (after asking where they were), the USA office informs the pro that they were unprepared for demand and have run out of KBS S+ shafts.

Another 2 weeks has gone by and the pro shop owner said there has been another delay with the upgrade of the MCC Plus4 grips out of the US, so they will be 50/50 to get here for Christmas.

An apology but no discount, no concessions, nothing...sigh

This sounds familiar to me except I'm being told the issue is the Modus3 105 shafts. I ordered a set of AP3's at the end of October and my most recent update is that I'll be lucky to get them at the end of January. The expected ship date has now changed 4 times since I placed my order. I have received numerous apologies, but no discount. I was told Titleist will send me a couple of dozen golf balls for my trouble. Titleist and the retailer both suggested that the "solution" was to pick a different shaft and that would make everything better. I've never been a Titleist guy and after this experience I may never be again.

I recently got fit into CBX irons. I got mine with modus 105. They arrived in 4 working ​days. Cleveland customer service has always been good in my experience.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let us know if you notice any difference in launch and or distance between the AMT and KBS shafts.

I'll be thrilled to post up my comments on that, just as soon as my AP3's arrive!!

I've had the worst experience that I've ever had with ordering anything new through a pro shop by a mile.

So about 4 weeks ago I place my order and a fortnight later (after asking where they were), the USA office informs the pro that they were unprepared for demand and have run out of KBS S+ shafts.

Another 2 weeks has gone by and the pro shop owner said there has been another delay with the upgrade of the MCC Plus4 grips out of the US, so they will be 50/50 to get here for Christmas.

This sounds familiar to me except I'm being told the issue is the Modus3 105 shafts. I ordered a set of AP3's at the end of October and my most recent update is that I'll be lucky to get them at the end of January. The expected ship date has now changed 4 times since I placed my order. I have received numerous apologies, but no discount. I was told Titleist will send me a couple of dozen golf balls for my trouble. Titleist and the retailer both suggested that the "solution" was to pick a different shaft and that would make everything better. I've never been a Titleist guy and after this experience I may never be again.

I recently got fit into CBX irons. I got mine with modus 105. They arrived in 4 working ​days. Cleveland customer service has always been good in my experience.

Geez, glad I love PX 5.5! Seriously, I am thinking delay is not due to shaft shortage. Modus 105 is not THAT hard to get. It is a very popular shaft now and seems like every clubmaker is offering it, but can't see that delaying Titleist that long. Has to be demand for the club.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• 4 weeks later...

Any news?

Any news?

Actually yes...they finally arrived & I scooped them up (AP3 4-PW +1/2 inch & KBS Tour S+ shafts) on my way to play a round at a friend's home course. I cleaned up the demo set & dropped them back - luckily the rep had a second set as he wasn't getting them back any earlier! ;)

I hadn't played for over a week with the Christmas break but these didn't disappoint. I assume the KBS S+ match to my strong swing speed was better than the AMT black because I think I gained a little more distance again with more piercing ball flight. There were a couple of pulls when going after it but there weren't any wild misses. And any caught a little thin defintely felt a little crisp but the loss of accuracy or distance was minimal.

As I said before, side by side with the AP2 you'll defintely notice a difference in feel but well struck shots still feel good to me with the AP3. Slightly larger heads & clever weighting seem to give a bit more forgiveness and that coupled with the stronger lofting gives a very discernible increase in distance. And yes, I think a stronger swing speed deserves an alternative shaft for better ball trajectory, whether your preference is KBS, Modus, Project X or whatever.

The other part of the delay came with the MCC Plus4's being apparently outstripped by demand (so I was told). They came with the stock Titleist (Golf Pride) Tour Velvet 360 degrees which were on the demo clubs anyway and I hit them okay. I'll get the MCC's when these wear out.

Overall I'm still very impressed and they were definitely worth the wait. And strike me lucky if Titleist (not the pro shop) didn't throw in a box of new Pro V1's as an apology for the 8+ week delay.

:D :D :D

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
[font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]

Ok, getting used to the AP3's. I officially like them now. Forgiving, feel good, look good, can hit feel shots with them, the 48 is a great chipping club, yadda yadda.

Ok, officially unlike the AP3 now. Fickle old golfer. Went to AP3 as I am getting older and figured I could use some yards and forgiveness. Really tried to get them to work for me, but, a few things got in the way. The feel is ok, but, not sweet and I have been playing forged and Mizunos for about 10 years. Impact/turf interaction - I just couldn't get them to click for me - it feels like the sole just gets in the way through impact - I tend to lean the shaft and hit the ball fairly high up the face - the sole or something just seemed to block that shot - psychological I am sure but what I felt like I was experiencing - at any rate, I just couldn't get sweet impact like with my old and now backup MP64s. Lastly, I just haven't been able to get beyond them not being forged, having the offset that they do (which really did not cause me to hit left but I just don't like it) and not having a more players club look even though I think Titleist did really well in making it as player looking as it is.

Going to 718 AP2s. Sweet feeling, forgiving, look awesome, not as long but accurate and repeatable/dependable. Going to go the stock AMT Tour White S300 - was surprised how much I really enjoyed the shaft - really helped on long irons and I got mid-high flight through most of the bag with short irons flighted low - perfect. Going to buy the full suite - 3i through GW. Not sure what will help me most - having less of a gap in the wedges (likely outcome) or less of a gap between 4i and 5 wood - will switch out 3i and GW and I may try 3i-GW and drop 5w. Figure just try different setups and see what works best on the home course.

AP3 - out. AP2 - in.

• Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5; Mitsubishi Diamana TB 60 S; 45.5”
  • Taylormade SIM Max 3w and 5w; Mitsubishi Diamana BF 70 S; 43.25” & 42.25”
  • Mizuno '21 CLK 19, 22 & 25; Fujikura Speeder EVO 75 HB Graphite S; Std L/L/L; sub for 5w, 4i & 5i
  • PXG 0311 P GEN3 PW-4i; Aerotech Steelfiber i95 stiff ; Std L/+0.75"/2 up
  • Vokey SM9 50F8 & 54S10 and SM8 58M8; Mitsubishi MMT 105 S in 50 & KBS 610 Wedge R+ in 54 & 58; Std L/+0.75"/1 up
  • Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Stroke Lab Putter; 35/74; stock Odyssey grip
  • JumboMax JMX UltraLite small on all clubs except putter

keep the 765, demo the titleist and then wait until srixon releases their new irons this spring. Either way the Srixon 765 are night and day better then ap2 or ap3 in terms of feel and forgiveness. u have to move to the titleist cb to get a full forged club, and those arent nearly as forgiving as the srixon.

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

keep the 765, demo the titleist and then wait until srixon releases their new irons this spring. Either way the Srixon 765 are night and day better then ap2 or ap3 in terms of feel and forgiveness. u have to move to the titleist cb to get a full forged club, and those arent nearly as forgiving as the srixon.

Srixon is no longer looking like a Spring release.

why is that , can u confirm

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

ok thanks, i thought i had read that they would be coming out after the pga show

• 1 year later...