MP-18 vs P730 vs 718 MB

Homerun2Birdie

I hate being "that guy" right now with this topic, but I'm placing the blame on GolfWRX for helping turn me into him.

Nevertheless, has anyone had a chance to compare the measurable of these golf clubs. Feel and all that jazz is subjective. Numbers are never the same for two people. I am more or less looking for head size, blade length, top line thickness, and MOST IMPORTANTLY offset of each.

I think all three OEMs should be commended as they all did a very nice job crafting their respective irons.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any specs on the MP18 line. Am interested in the SC and MMC heads most, but maybe a Fli-Hi in the long irons. I have played the MP59 and liked the tungsten forged into the cavity. Solid feeling irons.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I've hit the 18's and seen the 718. Still waiting on the 730's, but based on the 750's the 730's have a chance. How they feel and look at address will decide. I love the mp 18's. They look great and feel great. Pretty much everything you look for in a blade. The 718's are pretty, but I don't anticipate much difference from the 716 and 714 before them. Slightly more offset than I like and I expect them to feel the same. A bit harsher than Mizuno.

You didn't plan to fail, you failed to plan!

SIM/9*/UST Elements Platinum
M5/15*/Kai'li 70s//M5/19*/Kai'li 70s
Titleist u500 3/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4

SUB 70 649 MB Raw 4-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
Mizuno t20 Raw 51*/56*/61*/KBS Tour 120 s
Bastain Milled BM-009 Long Neck Proto

MP59 = Titanium in cavity, not tungsten

no man, it says "Tu Muscle" right on the back of the golf club! :haha:

Whatever it is, it works. I remember many mocked the MP59 when it came out for use of multi-materials in the MP line, but it enhances the club to me and I liked the MP15 too. So MP18 MMC, at least in the long irons, is what I am thinking. But I want to hit the SC first all the way through to see how I do.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Whatever it is, it works. I remember many mocked the MP59 when it came out for use of multi-materials in the MP line, but it enhances the club to me and I liked the MP15 too. So MP18 MMC, at least in the long irons, is what I am thinking. But I want to hit the SC first all the way through to see how I do.

I didn't really like the feel of the 59, and the 15's weren't much better. Wasn't bad, just wasn't what I was used to from Mizuno. The MMC's though actually felt good, and they were the longest for me. Even longer than the Fli Hi.

I've hit the 18's and seen the 718. Still waiting on the 730's, but based on the 750's the 730's have a chance. How they feel and look at address will decide. I love the mp 18's. They look great and feel great. Pretty much everything you look for in a blade. The 718's are pretty, but I don't anticipate much difference from the 716 and 714 before them. Slightly more offset than I like and I expect them to feel the same. A bit harsher than Mizuno.

Oh wow, the 718s have more offset than the MP-18s? I know the Titleist MBs of old had a decent amount, but for some reason this years looked drastically reduced. Please report back once you get your hands on the 718s and P730s.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Oh wow, the 718s have more offset than the MP-18s? I know the Titleist MBs of old had a decent amount, but for some reason this years looked drastically reduced. Please report back once you get your hands on the 718s and P730s.

I don't know the exact specs, but I'm almost positive. I didn't hold the side by side, but I noticed the reduced offset on the mizuno immediately. Noticeably less than my mom 4's. As someone who craves a modern 681 with constant offset at .081 or similar, it's one of the first things I notice. Titleist may have tried to make it look like less offset, but the 18's are lower offset for sure. I'm hoping the 730's are the same or even less.

I don't know the exact specs, but I'm almost positive. I didn't hold the side by side, but I noticed the reduced offset on the mizuno immediately. Noticeably less than my mom 4's. As someone who craves a modern 681 with constant offset at .081 or similar, it's one of the first things I notice. Titleist may have tried to make it look like less offset, but the 18's are lower offset for sure. I'm hoping the 730's are the same or even less.

Glad to hear. I am in the same boat as you offset wise. Was one or the other shorter in length heel-toe?

PXG One & Done | Armlock

I didn't see them side by side, so not real sure on that. Neither seemed abnormally long though.

EDIT: Have specs for all 3 now. Still curious to know which of the 3 have the shortest blade length.

That being said, the P730s are really attractive in every way to me. Still a tip of the cap to all 3 OEM's on putting out a great product this cycle.

P730s

MP-18

718 MB

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Stilll missing OEM released specs for 718 MBs, but based on DeCuchi's comments above I am assuming this means MP-18s may win the battle of reduced offset. Would be curious to know which of the 3 of the shortest blade length.

P730s

MP-18

Actually TM wins. 2.1mm converts to .082! Here's to hoping the feel is there. Might be my first TM iron since the bubble shaft days. As long as the price isn't crazy. I think Mizuno wins there.

Stilll missing OEM released specs for 718 MBs, but based on DeCuchi's comments above I am assuming this means MP-18s may win the battle of reduced offset. Would be curious to know which of the 3 of the shortest blade length.

P730s

MP-18

Actually TM wins. 2.1mm converts to .082! Here's to hoping the feel is there. Might be my first TM iron since the bubble shaft days. As long as the price isn't crazy. I think Mizuno wins there.

Oh man how stupid am I, I didn't even look at the metric of measurement haha. Thanks DeCuchi for catching that.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

P730s

MP-18

Oh man how stupid am I, I didn't even look at the metric of measurement haha. Thanks DeCuchi for catching that.

Actually if you bend the Mizuno irons 1° weak the offsets and lofts will be almost identical.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

You can't just go on the measurements for offset. You can have two clubs with identical offset numbers that look different based on the shaping and transition from the hosel to the leading edge. One of those things where each person is going to have to see them to decide.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Did you mean "W muscle"? I'm not sure what periodic table you're looking at.

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno MP-650 8.5[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- Fubuki alpha 73s, D4[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB5 16.5[/font]° - Kai'li 73s, D5[/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]TEE CB2 21[/font]° - Fubuki tour 73s, D6
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-32 4-P [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D6 - D9[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mizuno [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MP-T 51.07[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]D9.5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist SM 56.08[/font]°[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]- [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PX 5.5[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]E0[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Sonartec t35 60.09[/font][/size][size=2]° [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]- PX 5.5 E0.5[/size][/font]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CAN'T PUTT WITH ANYTHING[/font][/size]
[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bridgestone B330 RX[/font][/size]

Nope it says TI muscle on the back. I don't know how to upload a picture or I would. I still game these

GStew1930, welcome to the WRX forum and all the best wishes to you down in Houston.

Just for your info, my post on this thread was all in jest. You'll witness a lot of needling here on WRX. You should come to recognize it. Usually the "emoticons" being added to a post as the give away! :D

So as for your MP59 ''upload'' request, let me provide it...

11659112-mizuno-mp-59-irons.jpg

Nope it says TI muscle on the back. I don't know how to upload a picture or I would. I still game these

GStew1930, welcome to the WRX forum and all the best wishes to you down in Houston.

Just for your info, my post on this thread was all in jest. You'll witness a lot of needling here on WRX. You should come to recognize it. Usually the "emoticons" being added to a post as the give away!

So as for your MP59 ''upload'' request, let me provide it...

11659112-mizuno-mp-59-irons.jpg

Thank you very much for your wishes, and sorry if I came off the wrong way I wasn't trying to be negative. I'm still learning how all this works. I wasn't trying to come off as an a** I was just trying to help clear the air. I usually keep things short and sweet and it can come off the wrong way

Hit the mp 18's and they felt fantastic. Actually hit them better than the mmc. I'd love to try them against the pp730's. The finish on the mp 18 wins out between those two but I could live with the chrome. I actually may buy the Japanese version of the mizuno pro 118, they look incredible.

Titleist TSR3 9 Tensei 1K 70
Titleist TSR3 3w HZRDUS Blue 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Yea, that's about what I expected.

Yea, that's about what I expected.

Nice find. Seems on par with previous releases. I suspect for the consumer not driven by minimal offset any of these 3 would be fantastic. All 3 certainly look beautiful. Personally, my eye and brain are both drawn to the P730's.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Its a muscleback......the difference between them is a personal decision, performance between mb irons is nothing, only slight subtleties the user prefers......

unless you just want what everyone else wants, or the most popular

Performance is nil

If your shopping in this category every blade player should do his due diligence and look at them in person....take the time!

Its a muscleback......the difference between them is a personal decision, performance between mb irons is nothing, only slight subtleties the user prefers......

unless you just want what everyone else wants, or the most popular

Performance is nil

If your shopping in this category every blade player should do his due diligence and look at them in person....take the time!

I agree 100% with what you said, which is why if you read the very first post it was stated the discussion was to be had about the measurables of each. Essentially helping those who are not able to see all 3 in person understand those subtitles you mentioned.

PXG One & Done | Armlock

Also new to WRX, pretty exciting. I have been loyal to Titleist for some time, full bag basically.

Saw the MP 18 line, I loved the looks. Hit speed dial to local Golftown, got fit for them! Very nice clubs! I got a split set of the split cavity and blades.

The feel is great, looks amazing too. Two big check marks in my book. Also, the shaft selection is free. No upcharges.

I didn't hit the new 718 MB because the MP18's had me at hello.