2017 Callaway X Forged (2018 Spotted Pics)

Konklifer

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on the USA website again :WTF: ?!

So I ordered 4-pw in Japan, x100 shafts with expected delivery in November :happy: .

The long wait will drive me crazy lol.

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

So I ordered 4-pw in Japan, x100 shafts with expected delivery in November :happy: .

Should have gotten them from me!!! LOL

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

Should have gotten them from me!!! LOL

Feel free to mail me a set :),

i still got my trusty Srixy's to use to hold me over until the Cally's come in.

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

Thanks Chappy. That makes sense re: the size.

Hard to imagine something feeling better than my current irons tbh but I'll try them out.

Can definitely see myself with an 18 degree UT.

I’m pushing for a 16 degree and 18 degree

UT will be 18, 21, and 24.

And 27 and 30.

post-59636-0-68485300-1505565466_thumb.png

These will be available for preorder 1/4/18 and ship 1/19/18.

Bummer.

Source: Worldwide Golf Shops

Our rep came by the shop yesterday - I had already seen the new X Forged and MB irons but she had the upcoming Rogue line (woods + irons) and the MD4's as well (February releases). There's also a new putter insert that is basically a cross between White Hot and O Works. Indianapolis (current Toulon model) is going to be offered with this new insert at Odyssey price point. Next iteration of Chrome Soft/X as well.

Interesting piece of info - according to her, X Forged takes the place of Apex Pro...there will not be a Pro version of the next Apex iron. There is a Rogue Pro iron but it is cast and even bulkier than the Steelhead Pro. As a Callaway staffer this makes it a no brainer to go with the X Forged. I guess they felt there was too much overlap beteeen X Forged and Apex Pro. I will say X Forged is a good bit larger than my current Apex Pros (longer heel to toe, thicker topline) but they still look good. It's kind of an interesting trade off - larger footprint but less tech (one-piece; no tungsten). I'm heading to the range with a demo X Forged and Apex MB to hit them both for the first time...will report back after. Considering a combo set but the differing lofts make that tricky and not sure how well they would blend visually - MB is really a lot smaller.

Our rep came by the shop yesterday - I had already seen the new X Forged and MB irons but she had the upcoming Rogue line (woods + irons) and the MD4's as well (February releases). There's also a new putter insert that is basically a cross between White Hot and O Works. Indianapolis (current Toulon model) is going to be offered with this new insert at Odyssey price point. Next iteration of Chrome Soft/X as well.

Interesting piece of info - according to her, X Forged takes the place of Apex Pro...there will not be a Pro version of the next Apex iron. There is a Rogue Pro iron but it is cast and even bulkier than the Steelhead Pro. As a Callaway staffer this makes it a no brainer to go with the X Forged. I guess they felt there was too much overlap beteeen X Forged and Apex Pro. I will say X Forged is a good bit larger than my current Apex Pros (longer heel to toe, thicker topline) but they still look good. It's kind of an interesting trade off - larger footprint but less tech (one-piece; no tungsten). I'm heading to the range with a demo X Forged and Apex MB to hit them both for the first time...will report back after. Considering a combo set but the differing lofts make that tricky and not sure how well they would blend visually - MB is really a lot smaller.

Interesting I heard that the Apex was going to be updated next summer. The rumor was they had it ready but it was not an improvement over current version, so they went back to the drawing board. That is what I was told from my pro after his meeting with the rep. so who knows

Paradym Triple Diamond 8.0
3 Wood Xhot 13.5
Apex Utility 17
Irons P790 (23)

Odyssey 10s

Interesting I heard that the Apex was going to be updated next summer. The rumor was they had it ready but it was not an improvement over current version, so they went back to the drawing board. That is what I was told from my pro after his meeting with the rep. so who knows

Maybe it's a case of clarifying what is considered to be "had it ready". I take that to mean everything is complete and it's just a matter of starting production.

I suspect a couple of factors are at work here. One is that the prototypes may have come back either showing there wasn't a big improvement or where there was, it came with some tradeoff (there are always tradeoffs) that gave them pause.

But I think what likely overrides all of this is that Apex continues to sell well and it's at point in its lifetime that it's more profitable than rolling out a new model. So they have the luxury of being able to keep tweaking things until volumes begin to decline to where it's not meeting their profit targets.

If you have the means some comparison pics of X Forged vs Apex Pro would be appreciated.

I'm ready to order now, I only wish the New Dynamic Gold 120/115 or the 105 shafts were available in these, but I can live with it.

They'd probably be like a $200 upcharge since they are so damn expensive. What happened to steel iron shafts costing like $8/each? Of all the things in golf getting way too expensive this is the one that I can't wrap my head around.

Yeah, you’re probably right, I don’t understand it either. I’ll probably just get the DG S300, but I play my irons at +1/2 inch, so hopefully I can get the sw customized at D-2.

I was looking at the DG shafts on the Golfworks site for reference earlier today, $21 for a standard Dg, was $8 not too long ago.

All the clubmakers are upping their prices and providing premium products, shaft companies figured they could get a piece of the pie too... Shame.

Absolutely, I will say though, Callaway probably offers more upgraded shafts at no charge than most OEM's, along with Mizuno.

Absolutely not correct. Srixon has the largest no upcharge steel shaft catalog by far if you look at it. Includes all of the Modus shafts, all KBS except maybe the $taper, all Project X, all of True Temper including DG 120 and 105. It's not even close.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I need to see a direct head to head duel between the J15CBs (best feeling CB matched with the most forgiveness on the market) and the X-Forged (the '18s look larger and more forgiving then the iconic '13s). These look fantastic and very well might win me over.

A comparison between the '13s and the '18s would be very helpful as well.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

They'd probably be like a $200 upcharge since they are so damn expensive. What happened to steel iron shafts costing like $8/each? Of all the things in golf getting way too expensive this is the one that I can't wrap my head around.

Yeah, you’re probably right, I don’t understand it either. I’ll probably just get the DG S300, but I play my irons at +1/2 inch, so hopefully I can get the sw customized at D-2.

I was looking at the DG shafts on the Golfworks site for reference earlier today, $21 for a standard Dg, was $8 not too long ago.

All the clubmakers are upping their prices and providing premium products, shaft companies figured they could get a piece of the pie too... Shame.

Absolutely, I will say though, Callaway probably offers more upgraded shafts at no charge than most OEM's, along with Mizuno.

Absolutely not correct. Srixon has the largest no upcharge steel shaft catalog by far if you look at it. Includes all of the Modus shafts, all KBS except maybe the $taper, all Project X, all of True Temper including DG 120 and 105. It's not even close.

bama11 said Callaway offers more options than MOST other OEM’s. That doesn’t mean it offers more than ALL other OEM’s. So I believe his statement still stands correct.

I need to see a direct head to head duel between the J15CBs (best feeling CB matched with the most forgiveness on the market) and the X-Forged (the '18s look larger and more forgiving then the iconic '13s). These look fantastic and very well might win me over.

A comparison between the '13s and the '18s would be very helpful as well.

I get the sense that they would give the J15 CBs a run for their money.

Hit them tonight, just pure....and look even better in person...

Forgiving at all?

X Forged are very forgiving, Apex MB is definitely an easier to hit MB vs others on the market.

Any idea how the Apex MB compares to the RazrX MB? The RazrX are very easy to hit, and if the new Apex are as good...

I’ll be buying.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

Hit demo 7 irons of both MB and X Forged this morning. Both feel awesome and carry distance was similar with X Forged being 3-4 yards longer. The clincher for me was the X Forged spun at least 1,000 RPM more than the MB. Ordered X Forged with Recoil 110 F4.

[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Rogue 15*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway X Hot Pro 23* [/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Apex MB 5-PW[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Bridgestone J15 50*, 54*, 58*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Taylormade Spider Tour Red[/color][/font]

Hit demo 7 irons of both MB and X Forged this morning. Both feel awesome and carry distance was similar with X Forged being 3-4 yards longer. The clincher for me was the X Forged spun at least 1,000 RPM more than the MB. Ordered X Forged with Recoil 110 F4.

I saw similar results between the two as well. X forged look and feel great! I'm picking up my set with PX LZ's on Monday.

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Maybe it's a case of clarifying what is considered to be "had it ready". I take that to mean everything is complete and it's just a matter of starting production.

I suspect a couple of factors are at work here. One is that the prototypes may have come back either showing there wasn't a big improvement or where there was, it came with some tradeoff (there are always tradeoffs) that gave them pause.

But I think what likely overrides all of this is that Apex continues to sell well and it's at point in its lifetime that it's more profitable than rolling out a new model. So they have the luxury of being able to keep tweaking things until volumes begin to decline to where it's not meeting their profit targets.

I believe regular Apex will be updated, but rep was definitive about no Apex Pro.

Forgiving at all?

X Forged are very forgiving, Apex MB is definitely an easier to hit MB vs others on the market.

Any idea how the Apex MB compares to the RazrX MB? The RazrX are very easy to hit, and if the new Apex are as good...

I’ll be buying.

Rox

I own a set of Razr X MB and find the Apex MB to be at least as easy to hit and, to me, feel even better!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Forgiving at all?

I’ll be buying.

Rox

I own a set of Razr X MB and find the Apex MB to be at least as easy to hit and, to me, feel even better!!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Wasn’t sure my game was good enough for the Apex’s, but the Razrs are so it looks like I’ll be upgrading.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

So no X-Forged Approach Wedge??...

Very odd! This way Callaway is hoping you buy another MD for $150 if not more.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

If that’s true then that’s very thoughtful of them to save you money since the XForged are $162.50 per club.

Damn these clubs are getting ridiculous! So the MD’s will probably be $175??

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

If that’s true then that’s very thoughtful of them to save you money since the XForged are $162.50 per club.

Damn these clubs are getting ridiculous! So the MD’s will probably be $175??

No, MD Forged are $149 and MD3’s are $129.

They'd probably be like a $200 upcharge since they are so damn expensive. What happened to steel iron shafts costing like $8/each? Of all the things in golf getting way too expensive this is the one that I can't wrap my head around. Yeah, you’re probably right, I don’t understand it either. I’ll probably just get the DG S300, but I play my irons at +1/2 inch, so hopefully I can get the sw customized at D-2.

... Mizuno offers the MP18's at no uncharge for Recoils shafts. $150 retail. Callaway, which certainly does not pay more for shafts than Mizuno, is offering the X Forged at $162.50 and Recoils are a $40 uncharge so $202.50 a club?!?!? MP8 SC's 4-pw with Recoils are $1050 and X Forged 4-pw with recoils are $1417. The X Forged would have to be demonstrably better for my swing to pay that kind of difference.

... And it gets much worse if you want the 5 & 4 utility irons in your mix. Mizuno charges $150 for the Fli Hi's and again no uncharge for Recoils but the Callaway UT sells for $230 and with a $40 Recoil uncharge makes them $540 for two so the set up of pw-6 X Forged and 2 UT's will be $1552 and the pw-6 with 2 Fli Hi's are still $1050.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x