DG 105

MakersMarsh3

Some time this Fall, True Temper is coming out with a DG 105 and a few new DG wedge shafts to match their lighter weight shaft offerings. The TM DG 105 is very light at 97G for the S300 and based on the mid launch/mid spin profile TM posts about the shaft, I suspect this shaft is closer to an XP 105 (which weighs 100G in S300) than a true Dynamic Gold profile.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Some time this Fall, True Temper is coming out with a DG 105 and a few new DG wedge shafts to match their lighter weight shaft offerings. The TM DG 105 is very light at 97G for the S300 and based on the mid launch/mid spin profile TM posts about the shaft, I suspect this shaft is closer to an XP 105 (which weighs 100G in S300) than a true Dynamic Gold profile.

Was just researching this same thing... I think it might be closer to the XP 95(weighs 95g, has similar torque etc). Only main difference between the two is mid loft on new dg 105 vs the mid-high loft on the XP 95

DG SL uses True Tempers S3 steel alloy which is fairly expensive because it's so strong. DG SL is quite unique in that it has a very stiff tip and a low balance point so it swingweights the same as regular DG and launches low. Since the new DG 105 is starting life as an OEM shaft True Temper isn't tied down to make it swingweight the same as an existing shaft, and they are free to design it to launch higher than a traditional DG shaft too. I'd be very surprised it the shafts shares much in the way of similarity with the DG SL other than the DG name.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

DG SL uses True Tempers S3 steel alloy which is fairly expensive because it's so strong. DG SL is quite unique in that it has a very still tip and a low balance point so it swingweights the same as regular DG and launches low. Since the new DG 105 is starting life as an OEM shaft True Temper isn't tied down to make it swingweight the same as an existing shaft, and they are free to design it to launch higher than a traditional DG shaft too. I'd be very surprised it the shafts shares much in the way of similarity with the DG SL other than the DG name.

appreciate the great info man

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

I'd love to see True Temper chime in on this one, because I'm a little confused on where this fits too. I'm a PFC and have had great success with the DG 120s and I have received virtually no information on this shaft at all. I asked my PFC supplier and all they could tell me is that it's currently TaylorMade exclusive and will be released to retail at some point this fall.

Before seeing the specs that TM has posted, I was very much under the impression that this was the DG SL replacement. I actually spoke to Rory Sabbatini at length about the 105 in the True Temper tour van at the John Deere and he was just in love with it. He said he used to play the SL and he believes the 105 that he's playing has similar performance but a much more lively feeling through impact. So that just leaves me wondering if the Tour Issue 105 that he's playing is even the same shaft as the ones in the 790s at all?

2017 M1 460 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange or M1 440 10.5* HZRDUS T1100
2016 M1 3HL PXv Tour or SLDR Mini 16* 8M3
Adams Red 20* Altus Tour
JPX 900 Forged 4, 5 and Tour 6-PW Super Peening Blue
MP-T7 50*, 55* Super Peening Blue
MP-S5 60* DG TI Onyx
Ghost Tour Black Daytona

If I'm not mistaken, True Temper is coming out with a Dynamic Gold XP series to update that product line. I messaged True Temper via Twitter about the DG 105 Tour Issue shafts and was told they are coming in the Fall of 2017. DG is my first love when it comes to iron shafts and I would absolutely love a DG TI 105 shaft so I can have another option besides the Modus 105.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

From Taylormade site which some above have already seen:

Rakuten site:

Another link too:

https://golf-concept...gold-95-105-120

After looking/thinking about the shafts, I'm sure I'm going to get a set of DG95's - I played the Dynamic Golds for nearly 40 years so a lighter version makes sense!

Handicap:  3

Hit some balls inside today with new set of P790s with DG105 X1s

Added sensicore to get the weight up

Definitely lighter, but they feel damn good. More energetic than normal DG for sure

I'll post some TrackMan numbers soon!

I attached photo of specs from link above

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

True Temper now has the DG120 available - nothing on the 95 yet which is what I want:

https://www.truetemper.com/products/

Update from True Temper today via email response: Unfortunately, as of right now DG95 is an Asia only model and there is no time frame on when or if it will be offered elsewhere. DG105 is a similar lightweight model though and will be available in the US in the next couple of months!

True Temper now has the DG120 available - nothing on the 95 yet which is what I want:

Update from True Temper today via email response: Unfortunately, as of right now DG95 is an Asia only model and there is no time frame on when or if it will be offered elsewhere. DG105 is a similar lightweight model though and will be available in the US in the next couple of months!

you can actually get the dg95 from japan now. $29 each or $175 a set isnt really that bad of a price

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/golftheory/item/tts-dg95i-6p/

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

you can actually get the dg95 from japan now. $29 each or $175 a set isnt really that bad of a price

https://global.rakut...m/tts-dg95i-6p/

Saw that! I started a topic about the company "Golf Theory" this morning - just checking to see if anyone had issues with them recently.

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see True Temper chime in on this one, because I'm a little confused on where this fits too. I'm a PFC and have had great success with the DG 120s and I have received virtually no information on this shaft at all. I asked my PFC supplier and all they could tell me is that it's currently TaylorMade exclusive and will be released to retail at some point this fall.

Before seeing the specs that TM has posted, I was very much under the impression that this was the DG SL replacement. I actually spoke to Rory Sabbatini at length about the 105 in the True Temper tour van at the John Deere and he was just in love with it. He said he used to play the SL and he believes the 105 that he's playing has similar performance but a much more lively feeling through impact. So that just leaves me wondering if the Tour Issue 105 that he's playing is even the same shaft as the ones in the 790s at all?

Hopefully they kill the SL line. Just my opinion, but the SL never lived up to the design intentions. It was thin walled, lacked a ton of feel compared to the normal DG, and it killed my elbows. If they can actually mimic the DG feel in the lighter weight, that would be outstanding. I know the SL was marketed to be that, but it was never close IMO.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Hey everyone, hopefully I can set some information straight about the Dynamic Gold 105. Dynamic Gold 105 is a new lightweight offering which is designed to bring together a lightweight build in a tour-caliber shaft. By tour-caliber I mean a shaft that maintains the qualities and characteristics of a shaft usually sought after on tour (mid to low launch and spin). Dynamic Gold 105 does offer a mid-low trajectory/spin while (like many of you have mentioned) not sacrificing feel. Getting the feel aspect of this shaft right by being able to try and mimic the classic Dynamic Gold feel was of critical importance in the design process so it is awesome to hear a couple of you who have hit the shaft positively mention the feel of it!

Also, the difference between XP 105 and Dynamic Gold 105 will be the XP series is focused on being a higher launching, higher spinning golf shaft with a more active tip section while the Dynamic Gold 105 is focused on maintaining more of the Dynamic Gold characteristics by being a more mid-low launching/spinning shaft.

DG 105 info: https://www.truetemper.com/products/dynamic-gold-105/

Know that's a lot of information at once but tried to clear as much up as I could.

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

Hey everyone, hopefully I can set some information straight about the Dynamic Gold 105. Dynamic Gold 105 is a new lightweight offering which is designed to bring together a lightweight build in a tour-caliber shaft. By tour-caliber I mean a shaft that maintains the qualities and characteristics of a shaft usually sought after on tour (mid to low launch and spin). Dynamic Gold 105 does offer a mid-low trajectory/spin while (like many of you have mentioned) not sacrificing feel. Getting the feel aspect of this shaft right by being able to try and mimic the classic Dynamic Gold feel was of critical importance in the design process so it is awesome to hear a couple of you who have hit the shaft positively mention the feel of it!

Also, the difference between XP 105 and Dynamic Gold 105 will be the XP series is focused on being a higher launching, higher spinning golf shaft with a more active tip section while the Dynamic Gold 105 is focused on maintaining more of the Dynamic Gold characteristics by being a more mid-low launching/spinning shaft.

DG 105 info: https://www.truetemp...amic-gold-105/

Know that's a lot of information at once but tried to clear as much up as I could.

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Thanks! How does this shaft compare to the XP95 which weights similar?

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Thanks! How does this shaft compare to the XP95 which weights similar?

See the bolded and underlined comment.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

Why did they release the xp105 with an irregular step pattern, just to release dg105? Like what was the point of the xp line?

Higher flight and a little extra power. If you play the DG skip the XP's and go with the new DG line. I've played the DGS300 for over 30 years and I'm going to reshaft with the new 105. Lower ball flight than the XP and True Temper swears you'll get a few extra yards. The XP is smooth as silk but I'm a high ball hitter and have no interest in going above the tree line with a stock shot.

BTW, the DG 105 S300 weighs 103 not 97. I wonder if Taylor Made is trimming the butt. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Keenan,

Can you elaborate on the difference between the Dynamic Gold 105 that is offered in the TM P790 vs. the Dynamic Gold you guys offer? Why is the TM one ~10g lighter, isn't silk screened, and has a mid ball flight? Is it just an XP95 in disguise? It doesn't matter to me in the least what it is, it would just be a bit easier if I was armed with that information going into a fitting!

Thanks,

Chris

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Keenan,

Can you elaborate on the difference between the Dynamic Gold 105 that is offered in the TM P790 vs. the Dynamic Gold you guys offer? Why is the TM one ~10g lighter, isn't silk screened, and has a mid ball flight? Is it just an XP95 in disguise? It doesn't matter to me in the least what it is, it would just be a bit easier if I was armed with that information going into a fitting!

Thanks,

Chris

I asked this in another thread I think in the Tour Pre-release forum. The new DG 105 and the stock TM P790 shaft are the same. My guess is TM saves a few $$$ by using the stickers vs having TT do the labels.

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Keenan,

Thanks,

Chris

I asked this in another thread I think in the Tour Pre-release forum. The new DG 105 and the stock TM P790 shaft are the same. My guess is TM saves a few $$$ by using the stickers vs having TT do the labels.

Then why the difference in weight? Does TM report the cut weight whereas the TT reports uncut?

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I’ve seen the P790 in a store couple days ago. The shaft had the original TT label. I didn’t see any difference.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Titleist TSi2 15° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I've never seen anyone show cut weights because they can vary depending on length...any specs I have ever seen are always uncut weights.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

I’ve seen the P790 in a store couple days ago. The shaft had the original TT label. I didn’t see any difference.

Unless shafted up with something different, the "real" (and I use the term very loosely) DG 105 has a silk screened label like the new Project X LZ, while the P790 has a little sticker on it like the non-tour issue AMT that you see on the Titleist 716 product, Mizuno JPX900 Tour, and Wilson FG Tour V6. While it likely means nothing, typically instances like this mean there are differences in some component of the shaft to differentiate it from the "real deal".

I've never seen anyone show cut weights because they can vary depending on length...any specs I have ever seen are always uncut weights.

Exactly my thoughts, which is why I am confused that they report it as 96/97 and TT calls it 103-104.

Exactly my thoughts, which is why I am confused that they report it as 96/97 and TT calls it 103-104.

Yeah, I would have to image they are showing cut weight. As that weight, you would be looking at 2.5"g+- per inch? Sounds right by head math.

Spider Tour X3