2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

DG 105

MakersMarsh3

The custom options catalogue suggests the Dynamic Gold is 'low launch' tip strong as expected. The weight difference might be for a trimmed 7 iron.

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-TMaG-Library/default/v1513070372287/TaylorMade/Product_Specs/2017_CustomComponents_PriceList_V17_HI_Digital.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Are these in demo carts yet. Very interested.

The DG 105 is in the TM fitting cart for sure since it is the stock offering in the P790.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Hey everyone, hopefully I can set some information straight about the Dynamic Gold 105. Dynamic Gold 105 is a new lightweight offering which is designed to bring together a lightweight build in a tour-caliber shaft. By tour-caliber I mean a shaft that maintains the qualities and characteristics of a shaft usually sought after on tour (mid to low launch and spin). Dynamic Gold 105 does offer a mid-low trajectory/spin while (like many of you have mentioned) not sacrificing feel. Getting the feel aspect of this shaft right by being able to try and mimic the classic Dynamic Gold feel was of critical importance in the design process so it is awesome to hear a couple of you who have hit the shaft positively mention the feel of it!

Also, the difference between XP 105 and Dynamic Gold 105 will be the XP series is focused on being a higher launching, higher spinning golf shaft with a more active tip section while the Dynamic Gold 105 is focused on maintaining more of the Dynamic Gold characteristics by being a more mid-low launching/spinning shaft.

DG 105 info: https://www.truetemp...amic-gold-105/

Know that's a lot of information at once but tried to clear as much up as I could.

Hope that helps!

-Keenan

Keenan,

Can you elaborate on the difference between the Dynamic Gold 105 that is offered in the TM P790 vs. the Dynamic Gold you guys offer? Why is the TM one ~10g lighter, isn't silk screened, and has a mid ball flight? Is it just an XP95 in disguise? It doesn't matter to me in the least what it is, it would just be a bit easier if I was armed with that information going into a fitting!

Thanks,

Chris

Same exact shaft, their offering has a sticker label as opposed to the heat transfer label is all. As for the weight difference, like many have pointed out and guessed, TM is showing a cut weighting while our listed weighting is uncut. Also, we have it listed as mid-low so mid isn't far off as it could go either way and is all relative. Sorry for the slow response on that, just saw it!

-Keenan

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

Hey everyone, hopefully I can set some information straight about the Dynamic Gold 105. Dynamic Gold 105 is a new lightweight offering which is designed to bring together a lightweight build in a tour-caliber shaft. By tour-caliber I mean a shaft that maintains the qualities and characteristics of a shaft usually sought after on tour (mid to low launch and spin). Dynamic Gold 105 does offer a mid-low trajectory/spin while (like many of you have mentioned) not sacrificing feel. Getting the feel aspect of this shaft right by being able to try and mimic the classic Dynamic Gold feel was of critical importance in the design process so it is awesome to hear a couple of you who have hit the shaft positively mention the feel of it! Also, the difference between XP 105 and Dynamic Gold 105 will be the XP series is focused on being a higher launching, higher spinning golf shaft with a more active tip section while the Dynamic Gold 105 is focused on maintaining more of the Dynamic Gold characteristics by being a more mid-low launching/spinning shaft. DG 105 info: https://www.truetemp...amic-gold-105/ Know that's a lot of information at once but tried to clear as much up as I could. Hope that helps! -Keenan
Keenan, Can you elaborate on the difference between the Dynamic Gold 105 that is offered in the TM P790 vs. the Dynamic Gold you guys offer? Why is the TM one ~10g lighter, isn't silk screened, and has a mid ball flight? Is it just an XP95 in disguise? It doesn't matter to me in the least what it is, it would just be a bit easier if I was armed with that information going into a fitting! Thanks, Chris
Same exact shaft, their offering has a sticker label as opposed to the heat transfer label is all. As for the weight difference, like many have pointed out and guessed, TM is showing a cut weighting while our listed weighting is uncut. Also, we have it listed as mid-low so mid isn't far off as it could go either way and is all relative. Sorry for the slow response on that, just saw it! -Keenan

Just a thought, well, maybe a far-fetched request too. Have you guys ever toyed with the idea of producing some zone profiling images for site advertising? Something like either zone profiling using CPMs or strain gauge values graphed out to show the differences in bend profiles for all your products in comparison to one another? I realize it could be confusing to some, but it would help out a lot from a personal opinion on understanding exactly how they are all matching up as opposed to saying "low", "mid", "high" etc.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Hey everyone, hopefully I can set some information straight about the Dynamic Gold 105. Dynamic Gold 105 is a new lightweight offering which is designed to bring together a lightweight build in a tour-caliber shaft. By tour-caliber I mean a shaft that maintains the qualities and characteristics of a shaft usually sought after on tour (mid to low launch and spin). Dynamic Gold 105 does offer a mid-low trajectory/spin while (like many of you have mentioned) not sacrificing feel. Getting the feel aspect of this shaft right by being able to try and mimic the classic Dynamic Gold feel was of critical importance in the design process so it is awesome to hear a couple of you who have hit the shaft positively mention the feel of it! Also, the difference between XP 105 and Dynamic Gold 105 will be the XP series is focused on being a higher launching, higher spinning golf shaft with a more active tip section while the Dynamic Gold 105 is focused on maintaining more of the Dynamic Gold characteristics by being a more mid-low launching/spinning shaft. DG 105 info: https://www.truetemp...amic-gold-105/ Know that's a lot of information at once but tried to clear as much up as I could. Hope that helps! -Keenan
Keenan, Can you elaborate on the difference between the Dynamic Gold 105 that is offered in the TM P790 vs. the Dynamic Gold you guys offer? Why is the TM one ~10g lighter, isn't silk screened, and has a mid ball flight? Is it just an XP95 in disguise? It doesn't matter to me in the least what it is, it would just be a bit easier if I was armed with that information going into a fitting! Thanks, Chris
Same exact shaft, their offering has a sticker label as opposed to the heat transfer label is all. As for the weight difference, like many have pointed out and guessed, TM is showing a cut weighting while our listed weighting is uncut. Also, we have it listed as mid-low so mid isn't far off as it could go either way and is all relative. Sorry for the slow response on that, just saw it! -Keenan

Just a thought, well, maybe a far-fetched request too. Have you guys ever toyed with the idea of producing some zone profiling images for site advertising? Something like either zone profiling using CPMs or strain gauge values graphed out to show the differences in bend profiles for all your products in comparison to one another? I realize it could be confusing to some, but it would help out a lot from a personal opinion on understanding exactly how they are all matching up as opposed to saying "low", "mid", "high" etc.

Never really toyed with the idea of promoting something as technical as those ideas but we currently are working on a couple ways to better communicate and show how our shafts compare with one another and make the understanding of where things fall in our line easier. Agree that "low", "mid" and "high" are good from a main idea standpoint but when trying to compare can leave a little to be desired. Hoping to get this information as soon as possible.

-KP

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

Never really toyed with the idea of promoting something as technical as those ideas but we currently are working on a couple ways to better communicate and show how our shafts compare with one another and make the understanding of where things fall in our line easier. Agree that "low", "mid" and "high" are good from a main idea standpoint but when trying to compare can leave a little to be desired. Hoping to get this information as soon as possible.

-KP

Cool. Thanks for the reply. Just something that some of the others out there are doing that seems to be well received. Some of us have Tom Wishon's shaft profiling software and there are a few other resources to get some of that data from, but most of the sources are becoming a little dated as new offerings come out so it's getting to where it's hard to know exactly what's out there.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

• 1 month later...

For me the Modus 105 launched similar, spun less, had a higher peak height/steeper descent angle, better dispersion and much smoother feel.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

So as someone who has played DG SL S300 for almost 10 years should I be looking to the DG 105 now? Is it the replacement for the SL?

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

So as someone who has played DG SL S300 for almost 10 years should I be looking to the DG 105 now? Is it the replacement for the SL?

This is purely anecdotal, but I find the newer 105 to be a bit smoother. I think it is the "replacement" so to speak, as the SL is now in the classics section of the site. I haven't played the SL in a couple of years in full, but I hit it every once and a while in our TM and Callaway fitting carts for nostalgia's sake. The 105 is a bit easier to load and doesn't have quite as much resistance through impact like the SL did. The biggest complaint about the SL was that it was really harsh and played very stiff to flex, while the standard DG was typically smoother and pretty neutral to flex (so much so it is the measuring stick of "flex" for a lot of people). So if TT made it feel more similar to the full weight r/s300 and x100, I think they have a winner here.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

• 1 month later...

very intrigued by this discussion.

Played DGSL soft tipped in my previous set of XR Pros. I took weeks of demoing to find the tightest dispersion.

Very accurate for my moderate swing speed.

I grabbed a set of the new P790s with the DG105 shaft based on the little info I could find that they are very similar if not actually the same.

So far, based on only sim play during the winter months up here.

They are very smooth but find I'm hitting the odd hook.

Yes I play a draw but not usually hooky. My miss tends to be a push block.

Is that all shaft, lighter weight, head...not sure...

Callaway Rogue St Max (10.5) - Tensei Blue 55 s
Ping G425 5 wood (set @ 16.5*)- Alta CB 
Ping G425 7 wood (19*) - Alta CB 

Ping G425 4 hybrid (22*) - Alta CB 

Ping G425 5 hybrid (26*) - Alta CB 

Srixon Z 785 irons A-8 / 585 mkll 7-6 irons  - Recoil SmacWrap 
Titleist SM8 54S, 58D
Bettinardi Inovai 6 spud neck 

Bridgestone Tour B RXS - yellow
“ 6.3 index and going down!!! 63 years old and going up!!!” Lol

very intrigued by this discussion.

Played DGSL soft tipped in my previous set of XR Pros. I took weeks of demoing to find the tightest dispersion.

Very accurate for my moderate swing speed.

I grabbed a set of the new P790s with the DG105 shaft based on the little info I could find that they are very similar if not actually the same.

So far, based on only sim play during the winter months up here.

They are very smooth but find I'm hitting the odd hook.

Yes I play a draw but not usually hooky. My miss tends to be a push block.

Is that all shaft, lighter weight, head...not sure...

Avg lie angle is 0.5* more upright on P790.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

• 2 weeks later...

For me the Modus 105 launched similar, spun less, had a higher peak height/steeper descent angle, better dispersion and much smoother feel.

I am coming from a combo set of Srix 545/745 with Modus 105s to P790 with DG 105 and find the DG works better for me. Just goes to show that different swings get benefit from different profiles. I would be interested to try the modus 105 in the 790 as I didn't dislike it in the Srix, just got more out of the TM set

• 5 months later...