Sergio leaving TM

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is still interested, Garcia seems to have at least the Epic driver and 3 wood in the bag as well as the Apex MB's at this weeks DP World Tour Championship.

I was perusing Getty Images to see if he was going to make the switch or wait until next season but it seems to have happened now! I'm hoping the link below works...

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/events/775074754?assettype=image&excludenudity=true&sort=best&phrase=&family=editorial#license

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe

If anyone is still interested, Garcia seems to have at least the Epic driver and 3 wood in the bag as well as the Apex MB's at this weeks DP World Tour Championship.

I was perusing Getty Images to see if he was going to make the switch or wait until next season but it seems to have happened now! I'm hoping the link below works...

http://www.gettyimag...itorial#license

Great catch!

http://www.gettyimag...itorial#license

Yes, very interested, thank you.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
Mavrik Pro 6-G Elevate 105
MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

Thats nuts to me that he would be playing mbs after the 5+ seasons using a playing cb. Not saying that he couldnt game an mb but u would think he would stick with a cb

Driver: Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5* ; Accura MV85x PINK 1 of 1

3 wood: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72X

Hybrid: PXG Gen1 19* (set 18*) Hzardus Handcrafted Black 100x (Not getting alot of use)

Irons: PXG Gen1 0311 4-7 iron; Aldila RIP Phenom Hybrid 100 Tour X (Lofts; 17.5*, 21*, 25*, 29*)

NIKE Vapor Pro Combo 6, 8, 9, PW; Aldila VS Proto 100x (Lofts; 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*)

Wedges: Scratch 53* (bent 51*); TT DG S300 , Callaway MD4 Raw 54*, 58*; TT DG S300

Custom Wedge 63* (made buddy made it); KBS Tour Stiff

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design MB #5; 35 inches; Super Stroke GP Tour

WRX is so awesome. I was just reading a thread last night, guys arguing over hdcp level and playing MP18 blades. A lot of guys saying game what you want,

I come in this thread and one of the greatest ball strikers on earth gets questions about playing blades.

I am not saying you are questioning "him" Santiago, just find the spectrum of thought process on this board amazing.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70

MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

I've never been a huge Sergio fan but that's a nice get by Callaway. International, plays around the world, been around since he was a teenager, and recognizable by first name only to most of the sports world. My only question would be: finally got his first major....has more $$ than he could ever spend....just got married....surely kids will be next.........are his best days possibly behind him?

[size=3]2020 WITB[/size]
[size=3]Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 10.5* - Aldila Rogue Max 75x[/size]
[size=3]3 Wood: Callaway Epic 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 85x[/size]
[size=3]2-PW: Callaway X-Prototype MBs - Project X 6.5 flighted[/size]
[size=3]52* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind[/size]
[size=3]58* Wedge: Callaway MD2 Slate S Grind[/size]
[size=3]Putter: Odyssey Sabertooth[/size]

Good for Sergio. I'll bet PXG talked to him as they need a marquee PGA player.

Cobra F9 10.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
Cobra F9 16.0, UST Helium 49 A Flex
TXG Custom SIM Max 7-wood, Accra 140 2.0 M2
Sonartec MD 23* Hybrid, UST Irod A Flex 
TXG Custom, Mizuno JPX 919 Hotmetal 6-pw, 1* up, + 1/2", UST Recoil ESX 460 R, Soft Stepped Once
Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R
Ping Eye 2+,53.5 *, Accra 90i R
Ping Glide 1.0 55*, Accra 90i R
TXG Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, DG S300
Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

I've never been a huge Sergio fan but that's a nice get by Callaway. International, plays around the world, been around since he was a teenager, and recognizable by first name only to most of the sports world. My only question would be: finally got his first major....has more $$ than he could ever spend....just got married....surely kids will be next.........are his best days possibly behind him?

From golf maybe but that does not mean he is not more marketable now than ever ...

TS3 Smoke 70g (S Flex)
913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

Nobody signs mid-tier PGA tour players like PXG. Period.

Well played sir.

Driver TBC
3 Wood TBC
5 Wood TBC
Hybrid TBC
Ping i210 5-PW irons/True Temper Dynamic Golf S300 120 Stiff

Ping Glide 2 Stealth 50 degree S Grind/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 degree S Grind/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2 Stealth 58 degree S Grind/Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff

Evnroll ER5B Hatchback Black 34” putter with Gravity 1.0 grip
Taylormade TP5/Titleist Pro V1 ball

Nobody signs mid-tier PGA tour players like PXG. Period.

PXG should sign Ryan Armour. After all he just won an event (Sanderson Farms) playing their irons and is not paid to play them. That's better than most of the players that are paid to play them.
PXG should sign Ryan Armour. After all he just won an event (Sanderson Farms) playing their irons and is not paid to play them. That's better than most of the players that are paid to play them.

Don't put that evil on him, we want Ryan to keep winning!

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Rogue 125 MSI 60g TX
3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 70x
2H: Adams Super XTD Project X blue 6.5
3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
3-PW: Mizuno MP-32 PX LZ 6.5
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

From golf maybe but that does not mean he is not more marketable now than ever ...

He's a great fit demographically. Garcia will help promote Callaway within the Latino community.

Driver - Home Callaway MAVRIK / G400 MAX
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Epic Forged 5-SW
Wedge - Callaway MD5 JAWS X Grind 60* 
Putter - Odyssey Triple Track 7
Ball - TM TP5X, TM Tour Response

Who cares. My wife is from Columbia. And there is no interest between the Latinos and Sergio. They were Tiger fans.

You know ALL of them?

Hahaha

9* Taylormade Sim 2 with Ventus Black 7x

15* Taylormade Sim 2 with Tensei Pro Blue 80tx

Mizuno Fly-Hi 3,4,5 iron Project X 6.5

Mizuno MP-5, 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 115x

Titleist Vokey 50*, 54* with Project X 6.5

Taylormade Hi-Toe 60* with Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Notchback

He's a great fit demographically. Garcia will help promote Callaway within the Latino community.

Sergio is Spanish (from Spain) and "Latino" is a term used to refer to people from Latin America... I would expect that he could be well marketed in Europe, but not sure I understand his connection to Latin America?

Who cares. My wife is from Columbia. And there is no interest between the Latinos and Sergio. They were Tiger fans.

You know ALL of them? ��

Spaniards don't identify as Latin Americans because Spaniards are from Europe. Latino's are from Latin America. Hell Argentinians don't identify as Latin American's either, but more Euro. Saying Sergio should pull more of a Latino crowd is like saying a New Zealander should have all the Australians pulling for him...Not at all the same

[

Sergio is Spanish (from Spain) and "Latino" is a term used to refer to people from Latin America... I would expect that he could be well marketed in Europe, but not sure I understand his connection to Latin America?

We were writing the same thing at the same time haha

That is a pretty solid showing for a guy with a bag full of new clubs. If he makes bird on 18 instead of bogey, gets in a playoff with Rahm.

Nice season Sergio, get your bag set for 2018.

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70

MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

That is a pretty solid showing for a guy with a bag full of new clubs. If he makes bird on 18 instead of bogey, gets in a playoff with Rahm.

Nice season Sergio, get your bag set for 2018.

Including a new ball. Tremendous result for a guy who is still in testing mode!

Twitter: @Ed_Settle
Driver:           Callaway Mavrik 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S
Fairway:        Callaway Mavrik 3+ /13.5*  Rogue 6S
Hybrid:          Callaway Mavrik Pro 2/18*  4/23* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway '19 Apex Pro 2 Dot 5-PW MMT 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway MD 5 50/56/60 DG S200 
Putter:           Toulon Design Chicago 34" w/Stroke Lab

Ball:               Callaway 2020 CSX 
Bag:               Callaway 6 way carry
My WITB

Very true. Tiger signing with Taylormade has made huge in-roads within the Latino community as well. Latinos love their own and Taylormade took advantage when they signed El Tigre.

Very true. Tiger signing with Taylormade has made huge in-roads within the Latino community as well. Latinos love their own and Taylormade took advantage when they signed El Tigre.

Sergio is Hispanic, not Latino. I have zero idea where the assumption about Eldrick is coming from, factually he isn't Latino whatsoever, and all he is, just like myself, is an American.

Sergio is Hispanic, not Latino. I have zero idea where the assumption about Eldrick is coming from, factually he isn't Latino whatsoever, and all he is, just like myself, is an American.

You need to scroll up a few days and read....

BTW, on a serious note, Sergio isn't Hispanic. He's white and Spanish. Hispanic at one time may have included Spain and Portugal, but no longer.