2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Kiawah Island - Golf or Gourmet Escape Package Nov 12 - Mar 3

> @pinhigh27 said:

> Ya is that per person or total?

It's always been based on double occupancy in the past. I just assumed it still was but it appears this may be based on an individual basis, which wouldn't be cheaper, so I'm not 100% certain.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x (2019 Version) 

Nah, it is the same as it has been for the last 3 years, at least for playing the Ocean Course. It is still $300 for the villas if you play The Ocean Course. So they may have lowered it for playing the other publics to $200. One difference is they are offering ocean front villas for an extra $80 a night. This rate hasn't been double occupancy in years, it has always been 1 night = 2 rounds of golf for $300.

> @mci711 said:

> Nah, it is the same as it has been for the last 3 years, at least for playing the Ocean Course. It is still $300 for the villas if you play The Ocean Course. So they may have lowered it for playing the other publics to $200. One difference is they are offering ocean front villas for an extra $80 a night. This rate hasn't been double occupancy in years, it has always been 1 night = 2 rounds of golf for $300.

this ... i've been a single the past two years and paid the same price ... and it's a horrible deal ... people should stay away ...

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with the resort and was still a little confused on pricing. I wanted to run it by this group who has done this trip before and make sure I'm understanding correctly.

My understanding is one night at the villas cost $300 and it includes two rounds of golf at the Ocean Course. If one person stays in the ailla they get both rounds. If two people stay in the villa then the rounds are split between both occupants (i.e one each)

Where I was confused relates to the two night minimum stay requirement. Does this mean you get 4 rounds of golf (two per night) or does the two rounds cover the entire two night stay.

Thanks in advance for the clarity.

I just got off the phone with the resort and was still a little confused on pricing. I wanted to run it by this group who has done this trip before and make sure I'm understanding correctly.

My understanding is one night at the villas cost $300 and it includes two rounds of golf at the Ocean Course. If one person stays in the ailla they get both rounds. If two people stay in the villa then the rounds are split between both occupants (i.e one each)

Where I was confused relates to the two night minimum stay requirement. Does this mean you get 4 rounds of golf (two per night) or does the two rounds cover the entire two night stay.

many may disagree - but i don't think Kiawah is a great golfers destination when compared to streamsong, bandon, pinehurst, kohler etc. i have had too many disappointing visits with courses in poor shape, unputtable greens and so forth. yes the ocean course should be played by all to experience it and be a part of the history there - but to me its not that great

> @"short game" said:

> many may disagree - but i don't think Kiawah is a great golfers destination when compared to streamsong, bandon, pinehurst, kohler etc. i have had too many disappointing visits with courses in poor shape, unputtable greens and so forth. yes the ocean course should be played by all to experience it and be a part of the history there - but to me its not that great

All those places cost like 3+ times as much though so not a great comparison.

• Like 1

> @"short game" said:

> many may disagree - but i don't think Kiawah is a great golfers destination when compared to streamsong, bandon, pinehurst, kohler etc. i have had too many disappointing visits with courses in poor shape, unputtable greens and so forth. yes the ocean course should be played by all to experience it and be a part of the history there - but to me its not that great

I don't disagree with this, but I would argue that none of those offer a course as good as The Ocean Course, other than Bandon. I most likely wouldn't go down there every November, but it is the best deal in golf for one fo the best public courses in the country. 2 rounds on a top 5 public course and lodging for $300 - and 60-70 degree temps (November)? Can't beat that. Like someone else said, no one else is offering that either. Bandon has good winter rates, but you are taking a risk with weather, driving 2+ hours from the airport etc.

• 2 weeks later...

> @kenoli22 said:

> Is a caddie necessary at Kiawah? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but I just prefer to not have one.

You for sure do not need one. The course is very walkable. In our group we had 2 guys that took individual caddies and 2 that didn't take a caddy. I also really liked the Links Course at Wild Dunes. We did that one night before we flew home (don't play the other course at Wild Dunes). It was pretty reasonable. Last year this whole trip cost us about $1,000 per person with RT from Chicago for a 3 night trip (1 night at wild dunes).

Just booked this deal for me and my dad in the middle of November. Never been down to Kiawah so we are both stoked!

Question for those who have played here before: what is the best/most enjoyable non-ocean course at Kiawah? We have one of the first times out on the Ocean for one of our days and are thinking of playing one of the others in the afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I just stumbled upon another deal similar to this one. My caddie at Kiawah actually told me about it last year, but you can play Harbour Town Golf Links and stay at the resort for $400 a night. So 2 rounds of golf and a night is what is included. I may parlay this into my Kiawah trip this year and add a couple days.

> @mci711 said:

> I just stumbled upon another deal similar to this one. My caddie at Kiawah actually told me about it last year, but you can play Harbour Town Golf Links and stay at the resort for $400 a night. So 2 rounds of golf and a night is what is included. I may parlay this into my Kiawah trip this year and add a couple days.

Did you find a link? I can’t aren’t o find it , or is it a call only kind of thing?

> @"North Butte" said:

> I personally would rather drive Charlotte to Kiawah than Atlanta to Kiawah but neither drive is much fun. I think ATL and CLT likely your only two nearby direct-flight options from Denver.

Yeah DO NOT drive in rural NC to anywhere in SC after 11pm at night. It’s kind of dangerous these days. Keep it to daytime commutes or mornings.

> @hangontight said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > I just stumbled upon another deal similar to this one. My caddie at Kiawah actually told me about it last year, but you can play Harbour Town Golf Links and stay at the resort for $400 a night. So 2 rounds of golf and a night is what is included. I may parlay this into my Kiawah trip this year and add a couple days.

>

> Did you find a link? I can’t aren’t o find it , or is it a call only kind of thing?

>

https://www.seapines.com/golf/harbour-town-anniversary-package.aspx

> @BB28403 said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > I personally would rather drive Charlotte to Kiawah than Atlanta to Kiawah but neither drive is much fun. I think ATL and CLT likely your only two nearby direct-flight options from Denver.

>

> Yeah DO NOT drive in rural NC to anywhere in SC after 11pm at night. It’s kind of dangerous these days. Keep it to daytime commutes or mornings.

Dangerous how?

> @mci711 said:

> > @hangontight said:

> > > @mci711 said:

> > > I just stumbled upon another deal similar to this one. My caddie at Kiawah actually told me about it last year, but you can play Harbour Town Golf Links and stay at the resort for $400 a night. So 2 rounds of golf and a night is what is included. I may parlay this into my Kiawah trip this year and add a couple days.

> >

> > Did you find a link? I can’t aren’t o find it , or is it a call only kind of thing?

> >

>

> https://www.seapines.com/golf/harbour-town-anniversary-package.aspx

> > @BB28403 said:

> > > @"North Butte" said:

> > > I personally would rather drive Charlotte to Kiawah than Atlanta to Kiawah but neither drive is much fun. I think ATL and CLT likely your only two nearby direct-flight options from Denver.

> >

> > Yeah DO NOT drive in rural NC to anywhere in SC after 11pm at night. It’s kind of dangerous these days. Keep it to daytime commutes or mornings.

>

> Dangerous how?

Highway robberies

• 2 weeks later...

Just got invited by a group (through a mutual friend) to get a foursome together and join them in February. But I'm a little confused on whether they have the facts straight. They said they arrive Friday morning, play 18 Friday, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday. Two on the Ocean and two on the others. Everyone gets their own Villa and it's $500 a man. Do you think it's a case of one night is the "Ocean package" for $300 and the second night is the "non-Ocean" for $200? It almost seems too good to be true so I'm glad to see here it appears legit. But it's not based on double occupancy? Crazy if true.

And I guess we could add a third night and use those two dinners, so for $700 we'd get three nights of lodging, four rounds of golf and two dinners?

Leaving for this trip tomorrow afternoon. 3 and half hour drive up from North Florida and then we have an 11 am tee time on Saturday and earlier one on Sunday. Group of guys going, so should be a good time. Gonna be a little chilly, but hopefully the rain will move through a little earlier than the forecast calls for. But should be a great time. And all its costing me is a little over $200.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond  USTMamiya LIN-Q Blue 6F5
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond  15*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Red  7F5
Callaway Apex UW 19*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Blue  8F5
Callaway Apex Pro 24*  USTMamiya LIN-Q Black 105F5
Callaway Apex Pro CB 5-11 USTMamiya Recoil Dart V 130 F5
Callaway MD5 Jaws Black 56W, 60LW
Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas H7
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @philsRHman said:

> Just got invited by a group (through a mutual friend) to get a foursome together and join them in February. But I'm a little confused on whether they have the facts straight. They said they arrive Friday morning, play 18 Friday, 36 Saturday and 18 Sunday. Two on the Ocean and two on the others. Everyone gets their own Villa and it's $500 a man. Do you think it's a case of one night is the "Ocean package" for $300 and the second night is the "non-Ocean" for $200? It almost seems too good to be true so I'm glad to see here it appears legit. But it's not based on double occupancy? Crazy if true.

Pretty close. I’ve done it twice already and am doing again in February this year but it’s $550 with only one round on Ocean (2 nights, 4 rounds total). There is a small upcharge for the package if you are playing Ocean.

But, yes, the condos are single occupancy about 1200 square foot with a bedroom, full kitchen with an open living room.

They are kind of like time shares so may have different furniture appliances etc.

> @mci711 said:

> Just a heads up - I spoke with the resort yesterday and the deal is going to be announced early next week, for anyone wondering.

>

> This will be my 4th year going and the first time I play a course other than The Ocean Course. Going to do 2 rounds there and 1 round on another course. My hope is I can get on to Cassique but if not is Osprey the best choice?

My best friend lives there. I have golfed on these courses plenty of times. Osprey is decent. I always end up playing it when I am there. 3 times a year. I don't find all the courses there all that different. I get on these courses for 50 dollars. I can't believe what they charge. 250 a round is steep for the course.

It's a great area and I love it there.

Gonna make the move for good in a couple of years. At least in the area.

> @TimK1 said:

> > @mci711 said:

> > Just a heads up - I spoke with the resort yesterday and the deal is going to be announced early next week, for anyone wondering.

> >

> > This will be my 4th year going and the first time I play a course other than The Ocean Course. Going to do 2 rounds there and 1 round on another course. My hope is I can get on to Cassique but if not is Osprey the best choice?

>

> My best friend lives there. I have golfed on these courses plenty of times. Osprey is decent. I always end up playing it when I am there. 3 times a year. I don't find all the courses there all that different. I get on these courses for 50 dollars. I can't believe what they charge. 250 a round is steep for the course.

> It's a great area and I love it there.

> Gonna make the move for good in a couple of years. At least in the area.

Exactly the reason I have never played any of the other courses. Prices are crazy for them. This is the first year I have done 3 nights - 3 rounds and the first year my wife has gone. There isn't much golf to be played in Chicago right now so we figured playing another course to knock some of the rust off would be a good idea.

> @mci711 said:

> > @TimK1 said:

> > > @mci711 said:

> > > Just a heads up - I spoke with the resort yesterday and the deal is going to be announced early next week, for anyone wondering.

> > >

> > > This will be my 4th year going and the first time I play a course other than The Ocean Course. Going to do 2 rounds there and 1 round on another course. My hope is I can get on to Cassique but if not is Osprey the best choice?

> >

> > My best friend lives there. I have golfed on these courses plenty of times. Osprey is decent. I always end up playing it when I am there. 3 times a year. I don't find all the courses there all that different. I get on these courses for 50 dollars. I can't believe what they charge. 250 a round is steep for the course.

> > It's a great area and I love it there.

> > Gonna make the move for good in a couple of years. At least in the area.

>

> Exactly the reason I have never played any of the other courses. Prices are crazy for them. This is the first year I have done 3 nights - 3 rounds and the first year my wife has gone. There isn't much golf to be played in Chicago right now so we figured playing another course to knock some of the rust off would be a good idea.

You will love it there. It really is nice. Laid back and although the courses are pricey most of the people I have run across who work at these places are very friendly and helpful. I hear you on Chicago. I live in the Northeast rust belt. We are done. There is 6 inches of snow on the ground already. I was in Kiawah in mid Oct. It was still 80 !!